Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302485 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 2:05pm On May 09, 2021
nicerichard05:
Hello hse, so I arrived 5qm today buh unfortunately I forgot my hand luggage at the luggage pickup center containing 3 pairs of shoes and some cloths. I have already arrived Birmingham whic is my final destination, I was advised to go back to london today to get it as I may not see it again after my quarantine.

Pls hse urgent advice needed
Bross, you better go and pick it up as asking anyone to help you pick em up will be taking the biscuit.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:09pm On May 09, 2021
wallg123:

The fear of African church is the beginning of wisdom.
Religious beliefs have done more harm to this world than good

Typical example is what happened during Trump administration, see how pastors both in Nigeria and US disgraced themselves with fake prophesies and conspiracy thorniest

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 2:34pm On May 09, 2021
Ahappygirl:
Please who has a family member that has come to the UK in the last 2weeks? My mum is coming to the UK and I was just told that she needs to book and pay for covid test for day 2 and day 8 in the UK, that she needs to put the reference on her locator form. How true is this? She has already done covid test and she's with her result. She's due to be here on Tuesday. Someone help please.
This is true, U better start the process now B4 it frustrates you guys
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:43pm On May 09, 2021
justwise:

Oh yes!! Just check out how many Nigerian churches we have in one city a lone in the UK, in some cases you have 3 Nigerian churches in one street, all praying to the same God, the same bible etc, How many mosque do you see in one city in the UK? Are we richer, more generous than the Muslims?

The name of God, is now a game...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Regex: 3:45pm On May 09, 2021
Hello all, I arrived to the UK on March 11th, I want to get a contract phone, but where I wanted to get it, was asking for 3yrs, previous address.

Also I would like to get a laptop too but would want to pay for the laptop like I am paying for the phone (contract), please point me to where I can purchase this. I live in Newcastle Upon Tyne. Thank you.

@ Lexusgs430, justwise anybody!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 4:26pm On May 09, 2021
Regex:
Hello all, I arrived to the UK on March 11th, I want to get a contract phone, but where I wanted to get it, was asking for 3yrs, previous address.

Also I would like to get a laptop too but would want to pay for the laptop like I am paying for the phone (contract), please point me to where I can purchase this. I live in Newcastle Upon Tyne. Thank you.

@lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Regex: 4:27pm On May 09, 2021
umarwy:

@lexusgs430

Thank You.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by humblemoi: 4:59pm On May 09, 2021
jesmond3945:
did you book for the appointment?

They normally just send emails to applicants.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:04pm On May 09, 2021
Regex:

Are you looking at a new laptop or used?....

Get a sim only contract and pay cash for an old flagship device..... A foundation, build your credit history and adapt accordingly......

Buying a phone on contract, is actually dead money..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:37pm On May 09, 2021
Regex:

Get smarty Sim only contract its cheaper and very good network, log on to Facebook marketplace and get yourself a reasonably priced laptop.

When you see the one you want you can make an offer to the seller, you will be surprised that many sellers are willing to come down to a lower price.

Set the distance within your city so as to pick it up directly from the seller, some do deliver as well.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 6:22pm On May 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

You want to hse to help you pick it up?..... tongue

Nah only shoes and clothes....... Oluwa a fi ofo remi....... grin

Your mouth is bad grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 6:24pm On May 09, 2021
PrincessAyo83:

Thanks for your response. Check reed.co.uk you will find courses tab there are lots of courses offered by different organizations.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SamReinvented: 6:24pm On May 09, 2021
nicerichard05:
Hello hse, so I arrived 5qm today buh unfortunately I forgot my hand luggage at the luggage pickup center containing 3 pairs of shoes and some cloths. I have already arrived Birmingham whic is my final destination, I was advised to go back to london today to get it as I may not see it again after my quarantine.

Is your hand luggage tagged? If it is not, hold your ears now and run back to the airport if the things inside are important to you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by idolda: 6:34pm On May 09, 2021
nicerichard05:

If you have not done so already contact the airline you came with and tell them you forgot one of your luggages. Give the details description of the bag (color, flight details etc) with the forwarding address. If found it will be sent to you but can take like 1 week to arrive.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:53pm On May 09, 2021
Regex:

In some cases, it's actually cheaper to buy a US used flagship phone from Nigeria and export it to the UK......... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 6:54pm On May 09, 2021
justwise:
Nigerian Dumbest Scammer and his wife.

God ! i'm speechless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRpfrgzQrs8&ab_channel=TrilogyMedia

Those scammers don't look or sound Nigerian. Nigerians don't speak French as he mentioned french. Our Nigerian women are not that dumb and can speak English. Probably one of the French speaking African countries.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:05pm On May 09, 2021
famzynet:

Those scammers don't look or sound Nigerian. Nigerians don't speak French as he mentioned french. Our Nigerian women are not that dumb and can speak English. Probably one of the French speaking African countries.

They are Nigerians 100% , at some point he was speaking he spoke to his wife in Igbo language
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:19pm On May 09, 2021
famzynet:

IP address pointed Lagos, but scammers used vpn, pointing address to the UK....... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:19pm On May 09, 2021
SamReinvented:

Your mouth is bad grin grin grin

Oga, I would wash it out with sniper....... smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Regex: 7:32pm On May 09, 2021
Lexusgs430:

In some cases, it's actually cheaper to buy a US used flagship phone from Nigeria and export it to the UK......... tongue

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:02pm On May 09, 2021
Regex:

grin grin

No be joke I dey joke ó....... Walahi..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:25pm On May 09, 2021
justwise:

They are Nigerians 100% , at some point he was speaking he spoke to his wife in Igbo language
They are 100% Nigerians....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:25pm On May 09, 2021
wallg123:

They are 100% Nigerians....

You really have to wonder how this sort of people managed to scam anybody, brainless to the core..someone that claimed to work for UN appeared on video call half naked in a dark room and can hardly put two sentences together

Practically begging for apple gift card as means of payment..smh
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:35pm On May 09, 2021
justwise:

You really have to wonder how this sort of people managed to scam anybody, brainless to the core..someone that claimed to work for UN appeared on video call half naked in a dark room and can hardly put two sentences together

Practically begging for apple gift card as means of payment..smh
smiley smiley... He works at the United Nations HQ Nigeria so it’s normal to be in the dark. ...

But why all these fraudster no dey fit sit down write/compose better emails with proper tenses , punctuations and grammar?.
They are fond of mixing capital and small letters and using catastrophic tenses. You can just smell the rat from afar

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ahappygirl: 10:16pm On May 09, 2021
Thanks alot

Olalekank:

That’s right. The list can be found here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-of-day-2-and-day-8-coronavirus-testing-for-international-arrivals

When was the covid test done? Note that the test needed to have been done 72 hours prior to departure. Meaning testing on Saturday if you’re leaving on Monday, or Sunday if you’re leaving on Tuesday.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ahappygirl: 10:17pm On May 09, 2021
Lol...thanks alot. I've been able to make the payment for her.

Lexusgs430:

Without paying that £210.00 covid test fee and filling that locator form....... No airline would lift her......

Remain a happy girl, that you got wind of this information on time..... You would have had to buy another ticket........ wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ahappygirl: 10:19pm On May 09, 2021
Started already, thanks man smiley

erico2k2:

This is true, U better start the process now B4 it frustrates you guys
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Josh121(m): 10:25pm On May 09, 2021
wallg123:

smiley smiley... He works at the United Nations HQ Nigeria so it’s normal to be in the dark. ...

But why all these fraudster no dey fit sit down write/compose better emails with proper tenses , punctuations and grammar?.
They are fond of mixing capital and small letters and using catastrophic tenses. You can just smell the rat from afar

Becos the don’t write all the do is copy paste , whatever the found on google can be used to scam greedy people , I once say a guy that the wanted to finish , lucky enough he listened to me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:37pm On May 09, 2021
Ahappygirl:
Lol...thanks alot. I've been able to make the payment for her.

Continually remain a happy girl....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kaylov12: 10:42pm On May 10, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Which cold........ Cold never start ó...... You go hear am......... grin
You read my mind. I het so hot and sweaty these days.
Windows always open. But it's normal to feel cold coming from Naija weather. Naija is flipping hot!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kaylov12: 11:00pm On May 10, 2021
Hello,
Kindly advise me on the best courier service to send items to Naija through. I have been look online for some but just not sire which to patronise.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.