Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304134 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by thofunmie: 10:11pm On May 31, 2021
wallg123:

I’d advice u to start paying for your basic groceries shopping/ petrol or transport fare with your new credit card and repaying it immediately you get home or within a week. .... that would help create activities on ur card. Also make sure you never miss paying your bills (phone/electricity/etc) on time so avoid wahalla
Okay thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 10:45pm On May 31, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Once market opens, we would receive our free share....... cheesy

thank you very much. All complete. I spun a wheel, and it landed on GoPro.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 10:47pm On May 31, 2021
marylandcakes:

Freetrade, trove. Etc

I’ve got a code for freetrade if you are interested.

Thank you very much, Whats the code please?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 10:56pm On May 31, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

Join me and invest commission-free with Freetrade. Get started with a free share worth £3-£200.

https://magic.freetrade.io/join/phyllis/f6f2bb28

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mdan(m): 11:00pm On May 31, 2021
elisinho:
Hello house, I need helpabout band 6 jobs i got one in Sunderland and the other in Cambridge, I need advise about which to choose considering every prospects from the two please.
treat as urgent please

help a newbie

Goodevening bro.
Did you eventually register with HCPC?
If yes, can you please give me a guide on the processes thank you sir
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:09pm On May 31, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

thank you very much. All complete. I sun a wheel, and it landed on GoPro.

I also got a gopro when I signed up @ $9...... It's now $11.22......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:10pm On May 31, 2021
thofunmie:

My number keypad isn’t working grin

Does your camera work........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 11:14pm On May 31, 2021
Thank you very much.
No vex. My questions plenty. Do you suggest ISA (£3/mo) or GIA (0£/mo)

marylandcakes:

Join me and invest commission-free with Freetrade. Get started with a free share worth £3-£200.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:25pm On May 31, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

thank you very much. All complete. I spun a wheel, and it landed on GoPro.

I also got another Gopro share..... cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 11:26pm On May 31, 2021
BouharryArtikou:
Thank you very much.
No vex. My questions plenty. Do you suggest ISA (£3/mo) or GIA (0£/mo)

I generally use this account for penny shares. I.e GIA

For my ISA investment I use Vanguard .

At the end of the day it’s your decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by renew4life: 11:40pm On May 31, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

I think you got it the other way round. Oyinbo will fall in love with you even if you are cleaning the street and when she's tired she won't pretend she would fall out.

I have seen cases of female top executives married to security guards and they are happy to show them off.
. This is Amazing !

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ilekokonit: 11:48pm On May 31, 2021
Regex:

As for the bolded, to the guy whom you are advising, he should take it really serious cause these people sabi race against you without you even realising. They will give you jobs they'd never give a white man and you have no other option but to do it.

The white mechanic or even an unemployed white man genuinely believes he is better than a black professor and in 2015, Britain's top police officer Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe said the whole of British society is institutionally racist. That says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3112587/It-s-not-just-police-British-society-institutionally-racist-claims-Britain-s-officer.html
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ilekokonit: 11:53pm On May 31, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:
will end up in a workplace with a 10:1 ratio of Indians to others.

The NHS is saturated with Indians and i once worked at an NHS body where a guy invited his wife for interview as he was in charge of selecting candidates. And in my NHS office then majority of the staff were Indians and these are Indians who had not even spent 5 years in the UK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 12:19am On Jun 01, 2021
Ilekokonit:

The white mechanic or even an unemployed white man genuinely believes he is better than a black professor and in 2015, Britain's top police officer Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe said the whole of British society is institutionally racist. That says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3112587/It-s-not-just-police-British-society-institutionally-racist-claims-Britain-s-officer.html

But I would rather live in the 'racist' Britain. Than in the non-racist Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 12:32am On Jun 01, 2021
TRAY2:
I hope this gives hope to some people here, I still can’t believe I am now a home owner and a brand new car 2020 plate car, also undergoing a fully funded post graduate clinical course in University of Leeds from my Trust, just within my 20 months stay in the UK. Mehn this country has been good to me. Anything is possible.

Hello TRAY2, please can I get a mortgage while on a tier-2 visa which only have a 3-year validity?
Or do I have to be a citizen first? or probably have ILR first?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:23am On Jun 01, 2021
Someone else used my stake referral link..... Thank you....

We both get free shares, once you fund your account..... cheesy

https://hellostake.com/referral-program?referrer=oyedejij225

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:38am On Jun 01, 2021
For investors that want to deep their feet, in the stock market..... But have no clue on how to take off their shoes......... grin

Etoro got a very useful tool, called copy traders.......

Loads of experienced traders on etoro, simply read traders bio, if you like the assets of investments and risk levels....

I think the minimum is $500, deposit $500 into sellers account, what seller buys, you automatically buy, when he sells, you automatically sell to......

You can also individually buy shares/crypto/commodities/currencies and just warehouse in your portfolio....... grin

Unfortunately, etoro stopped offering free shares.... grin

NB : I am not a financial adviser...... cheesy

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 01, 2021
Omoba75:

If I knew what i know now many years ago, i would have tried to see if I could really understand the English people and once I can get round the possibility of my future inlaws being "subtly" racist towards me, I maybe should have settled for an English spouse as in "my estimation" the people who truly love with all they've got are English people.

English people may not go to church or believe in God but they practice every thing in the marital vows - for better for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer for poorer and this is my own definition of true love.

I once met an English man on the way from the pub some years ago and we got talking and he said he was unemployed and I asked him how come he has money to visit the pub and he said his wife was a headteacher and her money was his money just like when he was working his money was her money as well. That level of trust and sharing where a wife - a headteacher can give her debit cards to her unemployed husband to go have some fun at the pub will almost likely NEVER happen with a Nigerian couple 'cos in Nigerian marriages there is no trust and the competition between them and between their families is for one person to end up being richer than the other.

The love in English marriages is different from the type practiced by supposedly religious Nigerians who change towards and dump their spouses just because he lost his job "temporarily"

In fact the Muslim marriages nowadays seem to last longer than that of Christians and even though i am a Christian, I have contemplated and still am contemplating marrying a Muslim or even an Indian if I meet one in a romantic setting as they seem to still believe in and practice longevity of marriage and sacrificing for the betterment of the children and they seem to still believe in that life long commitment to marriage and not the "For better for stay, for worse for depart" that seems the norm in most Christian marriages.

Firstly omoba i hail youu sir, nicely written .... kindly let me chip in a few opinions/thoughts.

I personally have seen English men/women who have had terrible marriages. I personally believe its a personal decision anyone can make to ensure their marriage stands irrespective of race. There are nigerian couples i have seen with such values you spoke about.

Every race I believe has its weaknesses ,strengths and struggles..marriage is extremely deep. It might appear as though a particular race or culture is most preferred in order to keep your home but my dear you would be shocked to see the outcome of a decision that was based on stereotypes in marriage.

My point- no culture or race or person has it 100%, whilst you weigh the negativities/weaknesses of a thing try weighing its strengths as well.

Nigeria/Nigerians face extremely challenging situations in different aspects of life but Please also we have our strengths nauuu���.

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:20am On Jun 01, 2021
Ilekokonit:

The NHS is saturated with Indians and i once worked at an NHS body where a guy invited his wife for interview as he was in charge of selecting candidates. And in my NHS office then majority of the staff were Indians and these are Indians who had not even spent 5 years in the UK.
It really doesn’t matter wether the NHS or any other work place is saturated with Asians/ Africans/or Eastern European’s. The question is are they doing the job properly? The answer is yes!!...

The white man started dealing with Asians long long time ago before they even started dealing with Africans...
Some of us actually forgot we are not in Africa or Nigeria. ..even for Nigeria that we have almost 98% of the population as black so we have a better working environment in our hospitals or schools? That answer is No.

Finally for a marriage to last long, both parties need to work things out together. No marriage, be it oyigbo marriage/ Asian marriage or African marriage is without (anthill). No marriage or relationship is perfect not even that of Prince Williams and Kate grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Regex: 8:23am On Jun 01, 2021
Ilekokonit:

Do you stay in UK?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 11:04am On Jun 01, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

I just received a free share, if it’s you that used my code. Many thanks . smiley wink

You would have received yours too.

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 11:27am On Jun 01, 2021
marylandcakes:

I just received a free share, if it’s you that used my code. Many thanks . smiley wink

You would have received yours too.

cheesy grin

Send link oo abeg make I register too
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Lol.
Apart from family relationships, African man/woman relationships have always been transactional which is why they worked for us, just the way the white man's relationships were before they discovered idleness and had to fill the time with something so invented romance.
This new one of love wey the white man bring come no dey work - even for them, check the divorce rates.
When you go in on a transactional basis - you bring this to the relationship and I bring that, that's fine as long as everyone is happy with the basis for the transaction.

Hahahaha they had to fill the time grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Na wa ooo. ... that why Nigerians churches have been able to successfully sell the message that for God to bless you , you must bribe by sowing seed or paying tithe . Now our people don't seem to grasp that God grace and love is sufficient and you can serve him not expecting anything back in return or that God can bless you without your tithe or seed. It is well with us and our transactional love

Gospel.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nwauwa(m): 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
@MamaTukwas, can I DM you in regards shipping from London to Lagos?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
jtech17:

Send link oo abeg make I register too

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Risazii: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
Trying to use your code but it's saying invalid on stake
Lexusgs430:

Once market opens, we would receive our free share....... cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2021
Na so Naija sleepwalked into N700 to £1 like play like play shocked embarassed undecided

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2021
Risazii:
Trying to use your code but it's saying invalid on stake

It's valid ó...... Did you click directly on link?...

I just clicked on link and it's still valid.....

https://hellostake.com/referral-program?referrer=oyedejij225
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2021
icon8:
Na so Naija sleepwalked into N700 to £1 like play like play shocked embarassed undecided

It's SAD undecided undecided
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2021
icon8:

When I mentioned it many months ago, some people thought I was a drunk sailor......... cheesy

Next mission £1 - N1000........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2021
Lexusgs430:

When I mentioned it many months ago, some people thought I was a drunk sailor......... cheesy

Next mission £1 - N1000........ cheesy

Na that time kasala go bust angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.