Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,088 members, 7,811,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302930 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:46am On Jun 07, 2021
babajeje123:

First of all, you can air your opinion without direct and indirect insults. Doing that shows maturity and ones ability to engage others intelligently.
Second of all, I disagree that the traditional outfit of Igbos is a short skirt and tube. I hope the Igbos on this platform will correct me if I'm wrong.
Thirdly, wearing skimpy dresses in Nigeria is a problem because it is not part of our culture to dress scantily. Our culture encourages decency and covering of private parts which these skimpy dresses reveal.
It is so wrong of you to say that I harassed women with my post. I don't support harassment of women in any form or shade and it is wrong of you to accuse me of such. If you're in the UK, you can be sued for wrong accusation.

Direct or indirect insults? Me telling you to mind your business or pointing out that you’re indirectly harassing young girls by staring at them and judging their outfit?

Where’s the insult?

Also I’m impressed that you know the traditional outfit of the igbos more than an Igbo woman. Interesting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 10:58am On Jun 07, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Lol this is you thinking your wife can’t be richer than you. I will happily sign prenup so that when my company blows, I won’t share the money with you.

It’s easy for me to want prenups because they think they will always be the wealthy ones- well times have changed. Na me Dey even offer the prenup sef.

Please point out where i assumed such

She's going to be a Doctor most likely and would probably have more money than me so that's not the issue here

If she be dangote pikin sef, we must do prenup to avoid stories that touch
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Regex: 11:13am On Jun 07, 2021
Aphrodite007:

This is the reason why someone said that we don’t deserve better than Buhari. We pretend we care about each other but it’s truly all man for himself.

That's the big problem. No one wants to stand up.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2021
babajeje123:

First of all, you can air your opinion without direct and indirect insults. Doing that shows maturity and ones ability to engage others intelligently.
Second of all, I disagree that the traditional outfit of Igbos is a short skirt and tube. I hope the Igbos on this platform will correct me if I'm wrong.
Thirdly, wearing skimpy dresses in Nigeria is a problem because it is not part of our culture to dress scantily. Our culture encourages decency and covering of private parts which these skimpy dresses reveal.
It is so wrong of you to say that I harassed women with my post. I don't support harassment of women in any form or shade and it is wrong of you to accuse me of such. If you're in the UK, you can be sued for wrong accusation.

I'm here..so yeah igbos don't wear short skirt and tube dress, traditionally igbo men especially wear wrapper with short underneath and white singlet , a bit closer to Scottish kilt
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 11:24am On Jun 07, 2021
hustla:

She's going to be a Doctor most likely and would probably have more money than me so that's not the issue here

Haha ok o! As far as you know that your wife can become richer. Because many men ask for prenups thinking they will always be the rich one.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2021
justwise:

I'm here..so yeah igbos don't wear short skirt and tube dress, traditionally igbo men especially wear wrapper with short underneath and white singlet , a bit closer to Scottish kilt

Actually our women do. But with time it’s not as common place. We only wear tubes and short skirts for ‘events’ mainly now.

I don’t think @babajeje123 was trying to harass anyone sha. Because I won’t lie I can understand short skirts, but not short enough to be literally showing your buttocks. And how I know that they know it’s a problem is that the young girls will take 5 steps and pull it down. Walk small and tug at the skirt again. If you’re not comfortable showing that much skin just wear a slightly longer skirt Anyhoo, that’s me sha. As for me and my pikins, no showing of bum bum shall be tolerated mbok ; Short and smart, yes but indecent, nope.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2021
hustla:

As far as I’m concerned, doctors here (in the Uk) do not earn that ‘much’. Definitely not enough that you can’t make more than them if you know what you’re doing.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 11:35am On Jun 07, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Direct or indirect insults? Me telling you to mind your business or pointing out that you’re indirectly harassing young girls by staring at them and judging their outfit?

Where’s the insult?

Also I’m impressed that you know the traditional outfit of the igbos more than an Igbo woman. Interesting.
I wished I knew you, we wouldn't be having this conversation here cos I would be very happy to sue you for false allegation and cyber bullying. But in as much as that is impossible, let me leave you with this: I guess you are not a parent yet but if you are, you and your kids can decide to wear whatever you like, it's your call with all the consequences. But please, when next you see my post that doesn't go well with you, practice the silly advise of 'mind your business'.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Where’s the insult?

And I was wondering what you are to be telling me nonsense? Let's be careful please
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Haha ok o! As far as you know that your wife can become richer. Because many men ask for prenups thinking they will always be the rich one.

I'd like if she's richer sef

Lemme do full time house husband grin

Relax and be taken kiaroff as I initialize project Mbappe grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 11:58am On Jun 07, 2021
Mamatukwas:

As far as I’m concerned, doctors here (in the Uk) do not earn that ‘much’. Definitely not enough that you can’t make more than them if you know what you’re doing.

Don't they earn more than IT Guys? shocked
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
hustla:

Egbon Lexusgs430, over to you sir tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
icon8:

Shey na IT Lexus Man dey do ni grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
hustla:

I think some IT guys earn more than them which is sad really.

Here, doctors try to avoid earning above 100kPA. It’s like the tax is very annoying. I’ve seen people give up leadership roles that impacted on their pay, avoid overtime , anything to avoid earning ‘too much’ as a doctor so they don’t enter ‘another’ tax bracket.

Someone should advise the UK government. No wonder they keep looking for doctors with torch light. Their remuneration for doctors is not a wawu something.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
hustla:

Shey na IT Lexus Man dey do ni grin

Baba na ‘medico’ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mamatukwas:

Here, doctors try to avoid earning above 100kPA. It’s like the tax is very annoying. I’ve seen people give up leadership roles that impacted on their pay, avoid overtime , anything to avoid earning ‘too much’ as a doctor so they don’t enter ‘another’ tax bracket.

Someone should advise the UK government. No wonder they keep looking for doctors with torch light. Their remuneration for doctors is not a wawu something.

That is the issue right there, the more you earn through employment the more tax you pay.

Do you know why Asians are doing better than Africans? Cash in hand business, taxi driving, off license shops, take-way shops etc..they pay tax on how much they declare..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
icon8:

Baba na ‘medico’ grin

Make e epp us o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mamatukwas:

They can make an exemption for health care workers naw

Doesn't make sense really
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 12:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
babajeje123:

I don't think she was trying to insult you. Our cultural way of dressing was "indecent". Our women wore scanty clothes or none at all until the white people came. Till date some cultures, like the ibos, still wear those types of clothes. I agree that some of the clothes worn by some here are grossly indecent but it's a free world.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
justwise:

That is the issue right there, the more you earn through employment the more tax you pay.

Do you know why Asians are doing better than Africans? Cash in hand business, taxi driving, off license shops, take-way shops etc..they pay tax on how much they declare..

All the Asian businesses here is strictly cash! Can you imagine? undecided
Meanwhile please how do you highlight a part of your text? To make it bold?

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
Mamatukwas:

All the Asian businesses here is strictly cash! Can you imagine? undecided
Meanwhile please how do you highlight a part of your text? To make it bold?

Thank you.

You highlight the part you want and click on B up there

Or you use these two functions: (b) (/b)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
justwise:

You highlight the part you want and click on [b]B up there[/b]

Or you use these two functions: (b) (/b)

Gracias.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2021
justwise:

If you can get one as a backup, travel with your wife and see things yourself.

You are likely to get a job that pays far more than what you are currently earning in Nigeria but it will not be in your current area of work.

You can use this opportunity to get UK work experience/certification to improve your profile.

Your immigration status may be an issue because you be coming with 2 and the half year visa with no guarantee of extension or getting permanent residency, that will not help in your efforts to get a professional job.

Is the 2 years post study visa not guaranteed after successful graduation?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by obioraval(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
Iruosonobrugwhe:
With the sad cases of folks who go to bring wives from village that turn something else, i begin to think, what About the Nigerian ladies in UK? at least those ones still have an element of home and will be better understanding and help with the kids. abi the men don show dem shege?

Lol, we just had this discussion recently on Facebook. Why do Nigerian men go back to marry wives and bring them here. Me thinks we just love to show oppression; a kind of my Mercedes Benz is bigger than yours or I made you mentality.

On the other side of the coin, the women don't want to date students (I feel this would help close the gap), however I believe four months is so small a time to conclude a meaningful relationship; thus; most ladies think 'oh, he wants to use me to get papers' and it becomes a problem. hopefully, the post study route would solve this.

Now, when that student graduates and finds his/her way to be legal here, the guy would go back to Nigeria for the oppression cycle to continue, while the lady, well, she sees students whom she meets on bumble and the rest as (you can guess).#

Thus the cycle continues except we Nigerians begin to behave like our Ghanaian brothers and sisters and not see everything as all about papers.

My submission.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2021
@obioraval too much sense up there...The question is will Nigerians ever change undecided

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2021
AirBay:

Is the 2 years post study visa not guaranteed after successful graduation?

It’s guaranteed if you graduate without resitting but even at that the chances of you getting a graduate job with that permit is remote because you can’t extend it
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
icon8:

A Dr does an average of 10/12 hours a shift, can work cross platforms for 7 days (if they wish to)........... cheesy

Wage per hour would work out between £80 - £150 per hour, you work out the rest.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sophiebby: 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
Please how do one become an electrical engineer in the UK with hnd and few years of experience?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2021
babajeje123:

I wished I knew you, we wouldn't be having this conversation here cos I would be very happy to sue you for false allegation and cyber bullying. But in as much as that is impossible, let me leave you with this: I guess you are not a parent yet but if you are, you and your kids can decide to wear whatever you like, it's your call with all the consequences. But please, when next you see my post that doesn't go well with you, practice the silly advise of 'mind your business'.

Guy you completely need help. And clearly have no idea the shit you’re spitting.

So let me understand you. You want to sue me for pointing out that your nasty (and disgusting) Nigeria habit of having an opinion of someone’s dressing as indirect harrassment (which it is mate).

Guy do you want my full name and address? Send me a DM i will happily use you as example of an Nigerian man that needs to be schooled on what harassment and cyber bullying is.

Learn to take corrections and stop showing your inability to comprehend text.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
babajeje123:

So the mind your business is what triggered you and what you referred to as an insult? Mschew, and buhari is a problem for shutting down Twitter after having one of his wrong tweets deleted.. yet you’re doing the same thing.

Grown as men in kids bodies!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
babajeje123:

And I was wondering what you are to be telling me nonsense? Let's be careful please

Same way I wondered what you are to have an opinion on someone’s outfit and not knowing that that’s harassment. The audacity! Better drop that village mentality, you’re not in Nigeria and won’t get away with shit like that here!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
Justwise please I beg you in the name of God don’t delete my comments, babajeje needs them as evidence for cyber bullying and false accusation.

Ejor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.