Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1308562 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2021
Mamatukwas:
Today is the last day of School in Scotland. A lot of crying mothers and teachers everywhere this morning, especially those moving to P1. I looked at my dry eyes and wondered if Nigeria dried the wells inside.

Na wa oh. Me Sef for like cry cry
Why were they crying?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:33am On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

That will not happen. Have you seen him sack any of his other cabinet members since all their controversies started popping up almost every week?…
You will be surprised Boris is also having an affair with one of his back room staffs. British politicians and extramarital affairs na 5&6 grin
Boris is a known philanderer so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by descarado: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ilekokonit:

Its crazy how men have been tamed emasculated in the UK such that a man can't even look at what is in front of him without worrying if he will be castigated by society for having eyes that can see.
It will stop one daykiss
Na respect to mama Charlie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by descarado: 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
fatima04:

Wow the profit margin on dogs, na wa oo. Lots of opportunities sha, d fear of dogs won't even allow me consider it
Me too grin
Everybody in my house like dogs from afar
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by descarado: 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ilekokonit:

Whilst the minimum wage in the UK is £8.91 per hour, some Nigerian restaurant owners and shop keepers in London pay some of their Nigerian staff the equivalent of £2 per hour because they don't have work permit and are desperate and so have to work slave hours in order to earn something tangible but at the expense of the toll on their bodies and because they have overstayed their visa they can't easily normalise their stay and they can't go back to Nigeria either due to fear of being called failures by their families and also the fear of hunger.
shocked shocked
This is wickedness.
I will go back to naija. People will talk and get tired.What manner of suffering is this na?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2021
dustydee:

Why were they crying?

Emotions of their wee ones growing and moving to P1 apparently.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

That will not happen. Have you seen him sack any of his other cabinet members since all their controversies started popping up almost every week?…
You will be surprised Boris is also having an affair with one of his back room staffs. British politicians and extramarital affairs na 5&6 grin

He is a dead man walking, he wasn't doing a good job then this... newspapers and his political opponents will not allow him to walk away from this...while he was constantly shouting 2-meters distancing to the rest of us he was busy kissing and grapping backside of his side chick in public
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 1:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ralphlauren:

grin grin grin grin Me sef shock.

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of dogs. It is a business only someone very passionate about dogs can engage in as a full time hustle. The fear of RSPCA is the beginning of wisdom. cheesy

Yeah. Gotta like dogs to begin with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
justwise:

He is a dead man walking, he wasn't doing a good job then this... newspapers and his political opponents will not allow him to walk away from this...while he was constantly shouting 2-meters distancing to the rest of us he was busy kissing and grapping backside of his side chick in public
The man has issued a statement already and wants to continue the "good" work he is doing saving lives. Boris may stick by him.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:

This answer got 2 parts .....

- Yes
- No

Legally - No

Illegally - Yes, work on the black market, be prepared for slave wages + slave labour and the risk of UKBA officers, arresting you, deporting you and be banned for 10 years........

Hahaha
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
dustydee:

The man has issued a statement already and wants to continue the "good" work he is doing saving lives. Boris may stick by him.

How did Boris meet his current wife?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olaness: 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2021
icon8:

Yes. It’s part of the screening process, and it’s so that you both don’t waste each other’s precious time. Look at it this way, why book someone in for viewing when they can’t afford to rent the property? Some people go for viewing like window shopping, just to kill boredom cheesy. Only that for viewing, someone else’s time is involved.

If you really need or want the property, disclosing your income should not be an issue.

How can I disclose my income when I I'm not in the UK? Or should I show my Naija account balance?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ocpaschal: 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2021
Good Day everyone. Pls I need to enquire on my cousin's behalf. He just completed his medical studies in Ukraine this year 2021. He has be to be certified to practice as a medical doctor but he would like to practice as a doctor in UK. Pls what are the necessary conditions or requirements that he needs to meet in order to be certified and practice as a doctor in UK? Secondly, can my cousin possibly pass and get certified in UK without necessarily returning to Nigeria to write the certification exams? Thirdly, what advise would he need that would be very very important for my cousin (who just graduated as a medical doctor from Ukraine university) to help him to be a practicing medical doctor in UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Regex: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ilekokonit:

You are very correct and couples are advised to not let competition, money or secrecy about earnings /savings eat slowly but surely at the root of their marriage. Not that when one party is earning and saving well the higher earner is open with their savings and the lower earner even opens the higher earners bank statements and the higher earner helps (as they should) the lower earner financially but when the tables get turned, the erstwhile lower earner starts hiding their income / savings from the other person and are not as financially transparent with their spouse.

Some of these unnecessary financial competition / secrecy between a couple in a marriage may be as a result of bad advice from the parent of one party but may also be as a result of the erstwhile lower earner being unnecessarily competitive or just being an ingrate.

Usually found amongst Africans, Nigerians to be precise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by folak48: 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

The visa usually states that no work or recourse of public fund. With those you cannot work legally.

Options to work Legally are:

1. Hooking a man on tier2/ILR like Lexusgs430, with this visa you are a dependent and can do unlimited work and unlimited hours

2. Getting a job based on your skill in Nigeria and then applying for the Point based system tier 2 visa, you need 70 points to be accepted; I am currently in via this route

3. Applying for a Master etc; you are eligible to 20hrs or so per week. But unlimited during holidays, but you can always tweak the system

Sharp guys have worked with the visiting Visa, but it's not legal

Thanks a bunch.
Please what tier does a diplomat belongs?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
folak48:

Thanks a bunch.
Please what tier does a diplomat belongs?

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

You can use this link to check for visa eligibility and type you will need
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

How did Boris meet his current wife?
Exactly my point. He too cheated on his ex-wife with his current wife and cheated on his 1st wife with his last ex-wife. Who knows what will happen with this one lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
dustydee:

Exactly my point. He too cheated on his ex-wife with his current wife and cheated on his 1st wife with his last ex-wife. Who knows what will happen with this one lipsrsealed
The British politicians are experts in double/multiple deeping like say them attend deeperlife….
Later some idiot (David Cameron) will say Nigerians are fantastically corrupt grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

The British politicians are experts in double/multiple deeping like say them attend deeperlife….
Later some idiot (David Cameron) will say Nigerians are fantastically corrupt grin

If our leaders where double dating, and thing moved a quarter and smooth as it does here. No basis for comparing. Nigeria is fantastically corrupt 100%

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tushqueen(f): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
Mamatukwas:
Today is the last day of School in Scotland. A lot of crying mothers and teachers everywhere this morning, especially those moving to P1. I looked at my dry eyes and wondered if Nigeria dried the wells inside.

Na wa oh. Me Sef for like cry cry

Abeg who cut onions for them, lol. Just say children dey promote. Wetin year 6 parents and teachers come do ooo
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

If our leaders where double dating, and thing moved a quarter and smooth as it does here. No basis for comparing. Nigeria is fantastically corrupt 100%
Corruption na corruption…. Do you actually think Nigeria is more corrupt than the Uk? .. before you answer this question go into British history…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

Corruption na corruption…. Do you actually think Nigeria is more corrupt than the Uk? .. before you answer this question go into British history…

If Nigeria was less corrupt than Britain.
If Britain was more corrupt than Nigeria.

Trust me, this whole thread, this ENTIRE Nairaland thread about Life in the UK wouldn’t exist.
Some, nay, ALL of us on this thread would have been in in the less corrupt one - Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

I agree with this, 100%%

I would choose Matt Hancock over Isaac Adewole, Osagie Ehanire & Olurunimbe Mamora all combined.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
olaness:

How can I disclose my income when I I'm not in the UK? Or should I show my Naija account balance?

You need to prove to the landlord’s agent that you have the muscles to pay.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

Yes Nigeria is more corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

If Nigeria was less corrupt than Britain.
If Britain was more corrupt than Nigeria.

Trust me, this whole thread, this ENTIRE Nairaland thread about Life in the UK wouldn’t exist.
Some, nay, ALL of us on this thread would have been in in the less corrupt one - Nigeria.
Was it as a result of corruption that made you decide to migrate from Nigeria to Uk ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

Wouldn’t you be happy if our politicians sleep around and keep their hands off public purse ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

Nigeria is more openly corrupt.
Obodo oyibo corruption is well hidden.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
dustydee:

You just made my point! They can’t keep it in their trousers.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
justwise:

You just made my point! They can’t keep it in their trousers.

One wonders why they bother to get married in the first place.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Nigeria is more openly corrupt.
Obodo oyibo corruption is well hidden.
May your days be long my brother .. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

Forget about history bro Nigeria is very very corrupt. There is no comparison

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.