Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1308879 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

Was it as a result of corruption that made you decide to migrate from Nigeria to Uk ?

YES.
YES again.

Corruption in Nigeria ensured I didn’t get the best education I deserved.

Corruption in Nigeria meant I couldn’t get the job I am qualified for.

Corruption in Nigeria meant I couldn’t get the scholarship Eventhough I was the best.

Corruption in Nigeria meant the son of someone who knew someone who was connected to someone from the ‘right’ religion and the ‘right’ ethnic group was given the scholarship instead of me.

Corruption in Nigeria meant that Buhari was going to land in london today for treatment.

Yes.
I ran away from nigeria because of the corruption.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

One wonders why they bother to get married in the first place.

They marry for political reasons.., you noticed how Boris got married quickly before G7 meeting? His wife was able to hang around officially with Jill Biden

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
justwise:

Wouldn’t you be happy if our politicians sleep around and keep their hands off public purse ?

If they keep there hands of the purse, how would dey finance there mistresses grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

YES.
YES again.

Corruption in Nigeria meant I couldn’t get the scholarship Eventhough I was the best.

Corruption in Nigeria meant the son of someone who knew someone who was connected to someone from the ‘right’ religion and the ‘right’ ethnic group was given the scholarship instead of me.

Corruption in Nigeria meant that Buhari was going to land in london today for treatment.

Yes.

You’ve won this debate with all these points you raised. I give it up. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

If they keep there hands of the purse, how would dey finance there mistresses grin

Their salaries?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ilekokonit: 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2021
dustydee:

I am waiting for Boris to sack Matt Hancock over his alleged affair grin. Will he be bold to do that? He is guilty of same although the PM can claim COVID-19 was not a factor then. Let's see.

Boris dare not sack anyone on grounds of having extra-marital affair. If he tries it (which he won't) the British Tabloids will roast Boris and mock him for the next 3 months every day in the newspapers as Boris himself has now been married 3 times, has a series of extramarital affairs and even has a love child born whilst he was married to wife no 2. His Wikipedia page does not have an accurate figure for the number of kids he has and just reads Children - at least 6 and Boris himself has not disclosed how many children he has. I'm not judging him though as no body holy pass. He is just following in the steps of Former Prime Minister John Major and Former US Prez Bill Clinton.

So he dare not sack Hancock for the same thing he is guilty of and las las he will give him a soft landing during a cabinet reshuffle.

On second thoughts , after just reading the story that married Matt Hancock had failed to declare that he had appointed his girlfriend Ms Coladangelo as an unpaid adviser on a six-month contract last March and later gave her a role on the board of the Department of Health, the ground looks very shaky for Matt as the Brits wont be too happy that the (also married) girlfriend of a married Health Secretary is given a post in a department that oversees the health service for 75 million people (especially in Covid times) and eventually Boris will most likely cave in to public opinion (an opinion that does not count in our country) .

On another note, these British people are very hard to read when it comes to their capacity or inclination for mischief. Who would have thought that Matt as innocent official as he looks can be playing an away game. It just never shows on their faces and another puzzling one was that Former PM John Major (as upright and as dull as he looked) could have an affair with a member of his own cabinet.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Ilekokonit:

Boris dare not sack anyone on grounds of having extra-marital affair. If he tries it (which he won't) the British Tabloids will roast Boris and mock him for the next 3 months every day in the newspapers as Boris himself has now been married 3 times, has a series of extramarital affairs and even has a love child born whilst he was married to wife no 2. His Wikipedia page does not have an accurate figure for the number of kids he has and just reads Children - at least 6 and Boris himself has not disclosed how many children he has. I'm not judging him though as no body holy pass. He is just following in the steps of Former Prime Minister John Major and Former US Prez Bill Clinton.

So he dare not sack Hancock for the same thing he is guilty of and las las he will give him a soft landing during a cabinet reshuffle.
I like the part in bold. In Nigeria sef our politicians do not care about this kind of thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ilekokonit: 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
folak48:

Thanks for the enlightenment.
You mean if I have to work I need to get a working visa and work permit?
Pardon my ignorance.

I'm not sure what they call the visas nowadays but a visiting visa used to have the term not permitted for employment boldly displayed on it and I think something similar will apply nowadays and Yes, anyone who wants to work in the UK and does not have a UK passport or indefinite stay needs a valid work permit to work legally in the UK but I don't know much about the current work permit process in the UK and you are best advised to ask those who are more current about the latest work permit rules in the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

YES.
YES again.

Yes.

Buhari is no longer coming..... Maybe he could not afford the Jet A1 fuel......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Buhari is no longer coming..... Maybe he could not afford the Jet A1 fuel......... cheesy
Na because of you and Nnamdi Kanu wey make him postpone the medical checkup
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
wallg123:

Na because of you and Nnamdi Kanu wey make him postpone the medical checkup

Lie Mohammed, must have a take on this.... Let's see who he would blame....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:32am On Jun 26, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Nigeria is more openly corrupt.
Obodo oyibo corruption is well hidden.

Nigeria is openly corrupt.
Well-hiddenly corrupt.
Secretly corrupt.
Technically corrupt.
Corruptly corrupt.
Fantastically corrupt....etc

and i have my evidence.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Knelsoon: 6:32am On Jun 26, 2021
@omopapa
Please can you checkout this training

https://labmedexpert.com/training/intensive-histopathology-training

Is it a good one too?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:37am On Jun 26, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Nigeria is more openly corrupt.
Obodo oyibo corruption is well hidden.

Nigeria is corrupt on all fonts. But its own is mixed with wickedness. Nigerian leaders do not want anyone to have a strand of comfort. They prefer people depressed, frustrated and unhappy.

I went to computer village and you make a large complex of shops, but in your planing, no space for vehicles to park, or planning for people to walk. So people are angry, pushing each other to get a space and at the same time look back constantly not to be hit by a vehicle.

The government park they opened close to law school in Lagos. I walked in 2yrs ago, and planned for my younger brother to meet me up there, the workers said no one should be in the park. What? Maybe that why Nigerians are mostly angry, shouting and impatient. Within 2 miles where are live, there are more than 3 open spaces where people can sit or walk around and free their mind.

My parents did not get light for one month due to transformer issues. End of the month they got a bill of 65k. Mind you that's about the same power bill I get if converted for 24hrs power here. Till today it's still reflecting on their bill. They have written to consumer protection, Eko distribution etc, nothing came out of it.

Nigeria is fantastically corrupt and wicked.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 7:53am On Jun 26, 2021
Lot of hidden posts this morning.
Hope we are safe?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 7:55am On Jun 26, 2021
Knelsoon:
@omopapa
Please can you checkout this training

https://labmedexpert.com/training/intensive-histopathology-training

Is it a good one too?

This looks interesting
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:20am On Jun 26, 2021
BouharryArtikou:
Hope we are safe?
Looks like bandits invaded this page last night. Thankgod for just wise…
Una good morning oh.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 8:26am On Jun 26, 2021
wallg123:

Looks like bandits invaded this page last night. Thankgod for just wise…
Una good morning oh.
grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 9:13am On Jun 26, 2021
justwise:

You just made my point! They can’t keep it in their trousers.

Same as Nigerian politicians- it’s just more scandalous here and more naturally-accepted in Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 9:18am On Jun 26, 2021
BouharryArtikou:
Hope we are safe?

Haha I hate that I missed the gist.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Josh121(m): 9:27am On Jun 26, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Haha I hate that I missed the gist.

I guess ralphjean have been ban again .
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by descarado: 9:33am On Jun 26, 2021
RalphJean:

Nigeria is openly corrupt.
Well-hiddenly corrupt.
Secretly corrupt.
Technically corrupt.
Corruptly corrupt.
Fantastically corrupt....etc

and i have my evidence.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I have forgotten what I wanted to type after reading this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.