Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1308313 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
sutelk:

Trust me, this was not ordinary kissing oh, the kissing heavy. I use style look back and I see booby popping out already. The kind of sounds I was hearing I'm sure somebody was been fingered.
I told guys in the office and they confirmed there's a law prohibiting such acts but I have to call the police. Maybe they were that bold because they knew nobody bothers calling the cops.
maybe they were pranking you and somebody was filming your uneasiness

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 13, 2018
So ayam not understanding why my comments were deleted from page 73, cos though I asked a question about travel to another country, it bothered on peculiarities with applying from UK.

Lemme respect myself and not join in the blue film discussion, perhaps I would be singled out to chop ban this time around.

The links that my oga graciously added, I was planning to begin the process this weekend wey I get small time. All gone. Mods I hail in capital letters o.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:13pm On Oct 13, 2018
EsotericMonk:
So ayam not understanding why my comments were deleted from page 73, cos though I asked a question about travel to another country, it bothered on peculiarities with applying from UK.

Lemme respect myself and not join in the blue film discussion, perhaps I would be singled out to chop ban this time around.

The links that my oga graciously added, I was planning to begin the process this weekend wey I get small time. All gone. Mods I hail in capital letters o.

nairaland has gone to the dogs....a whole decade of posts i had to delete because of my disappointment with the banning system. Never mind, its not like you earn money from posting here...Pepper dem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2018
Good evening everyone,

Just to get a clearer picture of what direction in terms of buying a car out-rightly for like £1000 tops or finance an averagely okay and not too old car for like £3000.

Correct me if i'm wrong please, I'm aware that a car of £1000 will probably have an insurance that is higher than the cost of the car itself and high maintenance..is it really worth it?

Also, will someone that has only resided in the UK for 3 months be able to get a company to finance a car?

I'm looking at Ford Fiesta to be able to reduce the cost of the insurance but don't know about its maintenance compared to Toyota brands.

Please guys let me know your thoughts on this...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:47am On Oct 14, 2018
Yinkzy03:
Good evening everyone,

Just to get a clearer picture of what direction in terms of buying a car out-rightly for like £1000 tops or finance an averagely okay and not too old car for like £3000.

Correct me if i'm wrong please, I'm aware that a car of £1000 will probably have an insurance that is higher than the cost of the car itself and high maintenance..is it really worth it?

Also, will someone that has only resided in the UK for 3 months be able to get a company to finance a car?

I'm looking at Ford Fiesta to be able to reduce the cost of the insurance but don't know about its maintenance compared to Toyota brands.

Flee from Ford.

If you have money, goan take one on finance. If you don't (like me) goan jejely find one used car below 100k miles and buy. Drive for 6month to one year and switch as appropriate.
You see you're first insurance ba? E go plenty o. Na to apply sense.
My 2pence
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:33am On Oct 14, 2018
Yinkzy03:
Good evening everyone,

Some companies provide company vehicles or provide soft loans, to employees....... Strictly company dependent on/or roles.........

To cut running cost and insurance bills, get a vehicle with very low emissions footprint. Vehicles like Toyota Aygo, Citroen C1, lion king 106 etc etc

I would personally not advice financing a £3000 vehicle, simply because that small £3000 finance, could eventually turn into a whopping £5800 final payment. At the end of your repayment circle, the vehicle might only be worth under £500..........

My 2 pence .......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 1:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
I got a lexus is200, the insurance na die, but at least am. Not spending hundreds every month on finance and I've saved that towards my mortgage application
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2018
Thanks a lot @Inkredible & @Lexusgs430, will just find one low emission tuketuke car abeg and run with that first
Lexusgs430:

Some companies provide company vehicles or provide soft loans, to employees....... Strictly company dependent on/or roles.........

To cut running cost and insurance bills, get a vehicle with very low emissions footprint. Vehicles like Toyota Aygo, Citroen C1, lion king 106 etc etc

I would personally not advice financing a £3000 vehicle, simply because that small £3000 finance, could eventually turn into a whopping £5800 final payment. At the end of your repayment circle, the vehicle might only be worth under £500..........

My 2 pence .......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2018
nomad26:
I also recommend worldremit, the rates are not bad and it is convenient and fast. Also just to add, if your wife uses worldremit, she can get 15 pounds cashback via topcashback https://www.topcashback.co.uk/world-remit-ltd
AND she can get additional 20 pounds if she is referred by an existing user.

Thanks bruh
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MadameKofo: 12:47am On Oct 17, 2018
Good Morning all,

We just renewed our visa. We initially paid IHS for 1year but my baby at the time was under 1 and was required to pay for 3 years. We renewed our visa for 3years and had to pay another 3 years IHS, this is including my baby who we had previously paid 3years IHS.
Please how do I request for a refund for the 2years left on the previous IHS of my baby (thats £400 cry cry cry). Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:31am On Oct 17, 2018
MadameKofo:
Good Morning all,

We just renewed our visa. We initially paid IHS for 1year but my baby at the time was under 1 and was required to pay for 3 years. We renewed our visa for 3years and had to pay another 3 years IHS, this is including my baby who we had previously paid 3years IHS.
Please how do I request for a refund for the 2years left on the previous IHS of my baby (thats £400 cry cry cry). Thanks

Refund ke ? Did you raise the issue, pre renewal?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 3:37am On Oct 17, 2018
Anyone ever bought a car and shipped it back home from here?

How much did it set ya back?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:23am On Oct 17, 2018
MadameKofo:
Good Morning all,

Congratulations on your visa renewal. We have similar issues and what I have read so far is it will be refunded automatically in 6weeks. Check this link for more information https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/refunds
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:24am On Oct 17, 2018
Inkredible:

Is it not better too buy from the US especially with the whole right hand drive you will have to convert?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:09am On Oct 17, 2018
Inkredible:

Yes..... Follow Eric's thread ........

https://www.nairaland.com/3241253/conversion-rhd-lhd-2012-range

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello, I think as at the time of the first visa application, you should have received the refund of the 2years overcharge and if they didt, you should have taken it up. Now that you've got another renewal, you might have to write to Immigration to look into it attaching proof of payments...I wish you all the best.

MadameKofo:
Good Morning all,

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by veleta: 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
@Madamkefo,check the address on the approval letter for your visa,write a letter using that address requesting for IHS refund.Clearly write out the name of the person requesting for refund,IHS reference number,Date of birth and also attach both previous and current IHS receipt to the letter.Good luck
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MadameKofo: 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
Thank you all for your responses. I will write to them and attach proof if its not automatically refunded after 6 weeks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2018
DaveChapelle:

nairaland has gone to the dogs....a whole decade of posts i had to delete because of my disappointment with the banning system . Never mind, its not like you earn money from posting here...Pepper dem

That is just a lie, you did not delete a single post with this ID, you deactivated your previous ID and posts just after some immigration discussion here, so don't blame it on banning.

In other news..a fraudulent character here just sent me an email about TV license, asking me to renew it.

My message to that person is try harder
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:26pm On Oct 19, 2018
justwise:

That is just a lie, you did not delete a single post with this ID, you deactivated your previous ID and posts just after some immigration discussion here, so don't blame it on banning.

On other news..a fraudulent character here just sent me an email about TV license, asking me to renew it.

You can't drop the banga, without the egusi...... Who is this character? Spill the beans .......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
fatima04:

Is it not better too buy from the US especially with the whole right hand drive you will have to convert?

Looking at options dear. How your side?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Yes..... Follow Eric's thread ........

https://www.nairaland.com/3241253/conversion-rhd-lhd-2012-range

Thanks bro.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by drgbaks(f): 2:54am On Oct 20, 2018
skylane:
house please am currently a veterinary medicine student in a nija uni am just
planninG my future . please how can i practice the proffession there.in uk after graduation possibly through migration

Not sure if this has been answered but visit https://www.rcvs.org.uk/registration/applications-veterinary-surgeons/statutory-membership-exam/

It has all the information you need.

You need to get licenced in the UK first.

Cheers!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TiffanyCara(f): 7:20am On Oct 20, 2018
Morning folks, I'm in a dilemma and I hope this is the right thread to seek help.

I defaulted on my US visa and so technically I am an illegal resident, though I have applied for a green card 6months ago. However, I plan to join my fiancé who is on a Tier 2 visa and has a comfortable job.

The plan is to get married as soon as I come over but Gov.uk says if I apply for a spousal visa, I would only have a 6months leave and I can't switch visas.
The other option is to apply as a dependant but when he got into the UK, we weren't engaged at the time, so I wasn't included as his dependant.

Pls I need advice on the options available to me, I'm really confused.

PS: If he sponsors me, I hope my bad immigration history wouldn't be a ground for rejection.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You can't drop the banga, without the egusi...... Who is this character? Spill the beans .......
You know those cowards don’t use their real ID when sending such fraudulent email.

This is not the first time in this section..anytime I comment on a thread about PayPal or bank account within days I will receive a fraudulent email about any of those issues.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2018
justwise:

You know those cowards don’t use their real ID when sending such fraudulent email.

This is not the first time in this section..anytime I comment on a thread about PayPal or bank account within days I will receive a fraudulent email about any of those issues.

I just spam them when they arrive.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:24am On Oct 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I just spam them when they arrive.........

I used to have an unprintable message I typed and saved for lowlives..but after sometimes I decided not to waste my time with them
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:28am On Oct 20, 2018
justwise:

I used to have an unprintable message I typed and saved for lowlives..but after sometimes I decided not to waste my time with them

Those spammers have wised up. Majority of the email accounts they use, never receive inbound mails....... So I also just spam them ......

For the PayPal scammers, I simply fill the details of expired cards (simply change expiry year)........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2018
justwise:

On other news..a fraudulent character here just sent me an email about TV license, asking me to renew it.

and your point is....i closed my account, i've had to rnew my ID several times, my initial ID was gmyguy!
If you want us to research all my past interesting posts. Start from my trending Ielts post trending on education or travel section

https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here#35478497
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2018
TiffanyCara:
Morning folks, I'm in a dilemma and I hope this is the right thread to seek help.

I defaulted on my US visa and so technically I am an illegal resident, though I have applied for a green card 6months ago. However, I plan to join my fiancé who is on a Tier 2 visa and has a comfortable job.

The plan is to get married as soon as I come over but Gov.uk says if I apply for a spousal visa, I would only have a 6months leave and I can't switch visas.
The other option is to apply as a dependant but when he got into the UK, we weren't engaged at the time, so I wasn't included as his dependant.

Pls I need advice on the options available to me, I'm really confused.

PS: If he sponsors me, I hope my bad immigration history wouldn't be a ground for rejection.

I think it is one of the questions asked.
Maybe you should get married in Nigeria first and have kids or have kids first.
Some people will critic you for this, but i find that all these immigration policies are a kinda wave of discrimination on the 3rd world
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TiffanyCara(f): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2018
DaveChapelle:

I think it is one of the questions asked.
Maybe you should get married in Nigeria first and have kids or have kids first.
Some people will critic you for this, but i find that all these immigration policies are a kinda wave of discrimination on the 3rd world

Thanks dear. I worry about going back home, scared of being stuck in Nigeria. It would be like falling back to level zero.
I'm really worked up about my options.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.