Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,047 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302283 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:39pm On Oct 20, 2018
DaveChapelle:

and your point is....i closed my account, i've had to rnew my ID several times, my initial ID was gmyguy!
If you want us to research all my past interesting posts. Start from my trending Ielts post trending on education or travel section

https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here#35478497

My point is that you deactivated your account willingly for reasons best known to you, it got nothing to do with ban because you weren't banned in this section or your posts deleted.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
if you still find yourself using words like; nko, abi, shebi, oya etc raise up your hand.
I want to know if my case is very serious.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2018
justwise:

My point is that you deactivated your account willingly for reasons best known to you, it got nothing to do with ban because you weren't banned in this section or your posts deleted.

You are just wise
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2018
I have gathered enough info
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 11:35pm On Oct 24, 2018
bookface:

hey are you close to Ldn or anything? what do you say we grab drinks sometimes?
Yup

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2018
Good morning Guys,

I hope we are all enjoying the weather. Its getting to me already o so i'm dressed like a masquerade in the house. Trying to push it as far as i can before using the heater.

I passed my Driving Theory Test, all Thanks to God, although that Hazard Perception na border line tins. I used Theory 4in1 app, it did a good job and it took me about a week plus, although serious studying and good sticky memory should be able to achieve it in 3days.
Booked for the practical already and got a driving school, £25/hour. I told them i've got only 5 lessons to do, whichever way they wana do it, its up to them. Low and behold, it wasn't as bad as i thought, first lesson was good and i did't face one-way, lol.

Just to give you all a heads up.

Its been silent here though, where are you guys @fatima04, @lexusgs430, @wonlasewonimi, @iamconfused, @sutelk, @Inkredible, @DaveChapelle...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 11:56am On Oct 27, 2018
Adapapaokoye:

Yup
I would love to. How do we go about it
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
sutelk:
if you still find yourself using words like; nko, abi, shebi, oya etc raise up your hand.
I want to know if my case is very serious.

Your case get serious..... lol
Except you have other Nigerians you work closely with it will reduce with time
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
Yinkzy03:
Good morning Guys,

I hope we are all enjoying the weather. Its getting to me already o so i'm dressed like a masquerade in the house. Trying to push it as far as i can before using the heater.

I passed my Driving Theory Test, all Thanks to God, although that Hazard Perception na border line tins. I used Theory 4in1 app, it did a good job and it took me about a week plus, although serious studying and good sticky memory should be able to achieve it in 3days.
Booked for the practical already and got a driving school, £25/hour. I told them i've got only 5 lessons to do, whichever way they wana do it, its up to them. Low and behold, it wasn't as bad as i thought, first lesson was good and i did't face one-way, lol.

Its been silent here though, where are you guys @fatima04, @lexusgs430, @wonlasewonimi, @iamconfused, @sutelk, @Inkredible, @DaveChapelle...

Only 5 lessons...are you from Ijebu? Just hope your area is not too busy with annoying motorists that can make you commit. Good you set yourself a target, at least after the first test you will get an idea of what they are looking for

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
DisGuy:

Only 5 lessons...are you from Ijebu? Just hope your area is not too busy with annoying motorists that can make you commit. Good you set yourself a target, at least after the first test you will get an idea of what they are looking for

What do you have against Ijebu people? Modern day Jebusites are not stingy ...........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
Anybody live in Peterborough here?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
Lexusgs430:

What do you have against Ijebu people? Modern day Jebusites are not stingy ...........

Nothing at all they make the best economist!!!

Before dem report me to awon baba lol

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
DaveChapelle:
Anybody live in Peterborough here?

Completely alone .......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2018
Yinkzy03:
Good morning Guys,

5 lessons? Hmm, following seriously, maybe I may use 2. Not taken this driving thing seriously, don't know if its because its so convenient for me to move around in public transport or because of the fear of failing going by the testimonies of those that have attempted before me. Met a guy this week who told me he has been trying since 2015. But this your 5 classes target is giving me hope. Go come back.
As per weather, if you think you look like masquerade, with until you see me. And I made the big mistake of shaving my head 2 days ago, now my brain has no natural insulation. I think I now have an excuse to grow my afro, now I can say its the weather not the money.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
Not to scare anyone but these are the pass rates for some centre

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 7:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
sutelk:

5 lessons? Hmm, following seriously, maybe I may use 2. Not taken this driving thing seriously, don't know if its because its so convenient for me to move around in public transport or because of the fear of failing going by the testimonies of those that have attempted before me. Met a guy this week who told me he has been trying since 2015. But this your 5 classes target is giving me hope. Go come back.
As per weather, if you think you look like masquerade, with until you see me. And I made the big mistake of shaving my head 2 days ago, now my brain has no natural insulation. I think I now have an excuse to grow my afro, now I can say its the weather not the money.
It's cold here. I wrap myself with blanket.lol
Its well

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adapapaokoye: 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2018
Please who stays in south east London. Let's hang out. I am so lonely here.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
Baba, lwkmd, this money isn't easy to come buy o, after i had driven in Nija for over 18years, na risk but my first lesson gave me hope. Lets see how it pans out...Na, i live in a small and not busy city, and the driving test is usually done in the same area...
DisGuy:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2018
Baba, i will come back here and testify, you watch-out...

Th weather, na layers of clothes o from top to bottom, abeg veterans, what kinda indoor thermal wears do you advice and where to get them?

sorry about the gorimapa, na afro mesef dey carry now o
sutelk:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by davide470(m): 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
Adapapaokoye:
Please who stays in south east London.
I stay in the North. Sent you an email.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LaaJiblik: 12:16am On Oct 28, 2018
TiffanyCara:
Morning folks, I'm in a dilemma and I hope this is the right thread to seek help.

I defaulted on my US visa and so technically I am an illegal resident, though I have applied for a green card 6months ago. However, I plan to join my fiancé who is on a Tier 2 visa and has a comfortable job.

The plan is to get married as soon as I come over but Gov.uk says if I apply for a spousal visa, I would only have a 6months leave and I can't switch visas.
The other option is to apply as a dependant but when he got into the UK, we weren't engaged at the time, so I wasn't included as his dependant.

Pls I need advice on the options available to me, I'm really confused.

PS: If he sponsors me, I hope my bad immigration history wouldn't be a ground for rejection.

1. How would you prove that he is your spouse? You aren’t qualified for a spousal visa.

2. I am assuming you are >18 years of age is that correct ? You can’t be his dependant.

3. What does ‘sponsor’ mean,in this context?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ESULAALU: 1:49am On Oct 28, 2018
Yinkzy03:
Good morning Guys,

5 lessons
�����
Seeing your level of determination, I really don't want you to waste your time so if you live close to the SE postcodes the EASIEST place to pass on first attempt is Hither Green.
Now, you have booked 5 lessons, it means you will need to take those lessons on the possible routes the examiner will ask you to drive on. The road signs are good to follow. The examiners often avoid going on the major routes in hither green in the morning because of rush hour which causes a build up of traffic especially approaching the roundabout there. Most stick to the 30mph inner roads.Occassionally, some examiners might insist venturing on the major roads but the routes are easy to travel on even with minimal practice, beware of bus lane/times(avoid completely if possible) and master traffic lights for your own routes- important!
However, that being said generally brush up on the following:
Practice your show me tell me questions, round about rules ( give way to the right always, no hesitation), always use your mirrors,all three and ensure examiner sees you doing it(especially when approaching junctions or exiting , you have to be on point with your MSM malarkey, mirror signal manoeuvre and all the associated neck twisting observations). Let youtube guide you as you do further personal practice. Practice your manoeuvre like parralel parking( align mirrors with car you intend to park behind or align with fuel tank if parking right in front of car, steer left- sight the v shape as it aligns with the kerb, pause, steer right and straighten up, this is one manoeuvre you will need quite often). Emergency stop, bay parking etc

Good luck and your comment brought me back to life in the travel section.
Justwise how you dey and vicjustice? Welldone o!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2018
Yinkzy03:
Baba, i will come back here and testify, you watch-out...

Th weather, na layers of clothes o from top to bottom, abeg veterans, what kinda indoor thermal wears do you advice and where to get them?

sorry about the gorimapa, na afro mesef dey carry now o

Buy long johns ....... The cold is firing warning shots .....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
Yinkzy03:
Baba, lwkmd, this money isn't easy to come buy o, after i had driven in Nija for over 18years, na risk but my first lesson gave me hope. Lets see how it pans out...Na, i live in a small and not busy city, and the driving test is usually done in the same area...

Can't believe it's £25 now!!! These driver instructors/firms are acting like our cabals, with so much instructors out there one would expect the price to be crashing

Driving in Nigeria though...the bad habits becomes standard but for the sake of test you should cope! Whatever you do, dont honk!!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:18pm On Oct 28, 2018
DisGuy:

Can't believe it's £25 now!!! These driver instructors/firms are acting like our cabals, with so much instructors out there one would expect the price to be crashing

Driving in Nigeria though...the bad habits becomes standard but for the sake of test you should cope! Whatever you do, dont honk!!!

You can honk, if it is required...... Failure to honk, could also be deemed a failure......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Heritagee: 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
Good day everyone
I'm planning to apply for my husband, mum and son as dependants around December or January in preparation for my delivery. I got to UK in Sept on a tier 2 visa and currently staying in a shared apartment. I'm planning to move to a flat or house. Should I go for a 2-bedroom apartment or 3-bedroom. I'm a total novice in this application of a thing, please any help you can render will be highly appreciated. I'm looking at using an Immigration solicitor though but the charge of £500 per applicant no be here.
Thank you in anticipation of your timely responses
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uglyduckling: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2018
Heritagee:
Good day everyone
I'm planning to apply for my husband, mum and son as dependants around December or January in preparation for my delivery. I got to UK in Sept on a tier 2 visa and currently staying in a shared apartment. I'm planning to move to a flat or house. Should I go for a 2-bedroom apartment or 3-bedroom. I'm a total novice in this application of a thing, please any help you can render will be highly appreciated. I'm looking at using an Immigration solicitor though but the charge of £500 per applicant no be here.
Thank you in anticipation of your timely responses

You don’t need an immigration solicitor for the application. It’s doable yourself. All the information can be found on Nairaland UK visa thread. Any confusion will be gladly clarified. Your mum cannot be your dependant(only partner and children under 18) except under very very exceptional circumstances which you most unlikely to meet.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
Is it worth switching my auto license to manual...Just attracted by the cheap cost of manuals vs auto
ESULAALU:

5 lessons
�����
Seeing your level of determination, I really don't want you to waste your time so if you live close to the SE postcodes the EASIEST place to pass on first attempt is Hither Green.
Now, you have booked 5 lessons, it means you will need to take those lessons on the possible routes the examiner will ask you to drive on. The road signs are good to follow. The examiners often avoid going on the major routes in hither green in the morning because of rush hour which causes a build up of traffic especially approaching the roundabout there. Most stick to the 30mph inner roads.Occassionally, some examiners might insist venturing on the major roads but the routes are easy to travel on even with minimal practice, beware of bus lane/times(avoid completely if possible) and master traffic lights for your own routes- important!
However, that being said generally brush up on the following:
Practice your show me tell me questions, round about rules ( give way to the right always, no hesitation), always use your mirrors,all three and ensure examiner sees you doing it(especially when approaching junctions or exiting , you have to be on point with your MSM malarkey, mirror signal manoeuvre and all the associated neck twisting observations). Let youtube guide you as you do further personal practice. Practice your manoeuvre like parralel parking( align mirrors with car you intend to park behind or align with fuel tank if parking right in front of car, steer left- sight the v shape as it aligns with the kerb, pause, steer right and straighten up, this is one manoeuvre you will need quite often). Emergency stop, bay parking etc

Good luck and your comment brought me back to life in the travel section.
Justwise how you dey and vicjustice? Welldone o!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You can honk, if it is required...... Failure to honk, could also be deemed a failure......

i heard someone honked in the test centre before they left. I think to let the instructor know he was ready. The instructor just went back in and that was end of test...lol
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Completely alone .......
Alone?...me? Am not alone oh. Peterborough is very beautiful and easy to drive around. Cheaper housing too. Lit!!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Heritagee: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
Uglyduckling:

You don’t need an immigration solicitor for the application. It’s doable yourself. All the information can be found on Nairaland UK visa thread. Any confusion will be gladly clarified. Your mum cannot be your dependant(only partner and children under 18) except under very very exceptional circumstances which you most unlikely to meet.
Thank you. So how do I apply for my mum? As a visitor?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
DaveChapelle:

i heard someone honked in the test centre before they left. I think to let the instructor know he was ready. The instructor just went back in and that was end of test...lol

That is unnecessary honking, deserving of a failure........

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.