Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,805 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? (9528 Views)

Poll: Is Vice President Atiku corrupt?

Yes: 72% (80 votes)
No: 27% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Where Is Atiku Abubakar / Remember SA's Jacob Zuma Is Atiku Abubakar's Close Friend And Business Associate / Who Is Atiku Abubakar & Why Is Obj After Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by shutmouth(m): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2007
Atiku's Indictment

On September 18, 2006, Atiku was indicted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, which alleged that he had embezzeled N 71,123,250,000 in campaign funds and made various bribes.

A leading daily newspaper in Nigeria): PTDF: Forensic Investigation Indicts Atiku

Contrary to Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s claim that his indictment by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Federal Government Administrative Panel of Inquiry is a premeditated political action intended to halt his presidential ambition, the report of a forensic investigation into the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) has said that he is culpable for the mismanagement of the fund.

The Report of the Special Audit/Forensic Investigation of Petroleum Technology Devel-opment Fund (PTDF) From 1999 to May 31, 2006, it submitted that the Vice President’s approval for the release of $20m from the treasury and subsequent placement in Trans International Bank without appropriation and approval by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) was improper and amounted to abuse of office.

More Details:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1717094/posts
http://www.afrol.com/articles/23767
http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1038&Itemid=2
http://againstbabangida.com/content/view/247/28/
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by CrudeOil2(m): 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2007
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by shutmouth(m): 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2007
EFCC made the following report on Atiku after interrogating many people:

That this investigation was initiated at the instance of a request from the United States Department of Justice.

That the request was sequel to an investigation carried out by the U S authorities which involved certain Government officials, institutions and Private individuals in both U S and Nigeria.

That among those directly affected by the investigation in Nigeria is the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the person of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

That two state Executive Governors in the persons of their Excellencies Chief Victor Attah and Alhaji Ibrahim Saminu Turaki, the Governors of Akwa Ibom and Jigawa States, respectively were also mentioned in the request.

That in the investigation so far carried out, no wrong doing could be traced to them unlike the case of the Vice President who has been found to have mismanaged the PTDF funds and abused his office.

That the use of the PTDF funds to promote businesses is instrumental to the large scale mismanagement, misappropriation and abuse of office as highlighted in this report.

That Otunba Mike Adenuga who was earlier arrested, interrogated and granted bail failed to turn up when he was invited for further interview as he was said to have absconded.

That the investigation is still on going and may lead to more individuals being prosecuted.
PRAYERS

The Government is hereby requested to approve the following:

That PTDF should be removed from the supervision of the office of the Vice President.

That the Commission should recover all Public funds embezzled from individuals and institutions involved in this case.

That the erstwhile Executive Secretary of the PTDF, Yusuf Hamisu Abubakar, Otunba Fasawe and all those who aided or facilitated in the embezzlement and mismanagement of the funds should be prosecuted.

That the corporate entity of Globacom will be protected and preserved, while legal processes will be taken to recover all shares acquired fraudulently or with public funds.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Roscodaddy(m): 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2007
What is your own with Atiku,please go take a look at our constitution and learn more about the role of the VP before I shut your mouth.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by spaceworld: 12:14am On Feb 22, 2007
Haba,
The VP if accused of diverting public funds, we should thank God that he use to create more employment for the vast unemployed youth in the country, If claimed by the EFCC that Globacom use part of the money for the license fees, Praise God, an Indigenous company that is giving the Nigerian youth the rare opportunity to work and exposure to the world of new technology, make the economic stronger with the overall profit and tax, MTN declared about 116B last year fiscal ending all the money where taken to a south African bank still the company will asked Nigerian banks to raise money for her to bankroll project that will only benefit her and the turn over back to her parent country,

We should ask Obasanjo what he did with Operation Feed The Nation that turns to Obasanjo Farm Limited (OFN) so if Atiku could give out public funds to help indigenous company and they are doing fine we should not crucified him for that, more so the company in question is adding value to social life of Nigerians in all aspect, sponsoring CAF and paying for the new Technical adviser for the Nigerian Super eagle, Ask MTN and CELTEL with all the BILLION they are reaping from the Nigerian masses and economy what is their contribution.

More so the VP claimed that the principle and Interest of the said amount was back in the cover of PTDF and that even in higher percentage of what a foreign bank will offer if the money is deposit outside the shore of the country, must we be a stooge for the white forever, why can't be another world bank in African? must we forever stake money in foreign land,

I beg African leader are fools and full of mumus,

Atiku had has done well, if at all he gave the PTDF money for his allies to float a good that is serving Nigerian well.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by abdkabir(m): 12:30am On Feb 22, 2007
@ ShutMouth,

It seems to me your biased posture as regards Atiku would make your comment misleading to many people. For God sake , Most Politicians are corrupt and ofcourse thats not right.

Nonetheless, Whatever allegattion and not "indictment" EFCC makes against Atiku has to be tabled before the court of law.Apparently that has not happend, thus he's innocent until proven guilty.

It is important that we people don't start taking sides on issues we don't know its complexities.
Moreover, What do we know about Obasanjo,Ahmad Ali, Bode Goerge?Transcorp?TInapa?Third Term?

I can tell u it will take to time to pick a non corrupt politician from all of them. So y d continued finger pointing @ Atiku.What seems to be interesting is Atiku's position that "if indeed he was corrupt as Baba Agba claims, how come all they see about him is the deposit of Naija Money in a Naija Bank willing to help increase the yield"

Remember though, that this man with some other politicians be it selfishly or selflessly suceeded in thwarting 3rd Term and the dictatorial tendencies of Obasanjo.
If the 3rd term had succeeded, what example would we be showing to other African countries.

Whatever we want to say, these men would have a space in the History of our country being fighters for True Democracy and not Obasanjo's Dictatorship.

The prayer i dey do recently is that "the the best possiblee set of people win this election".My bros and sis, praying or desiring these things 4 your country helps.

May God give Nigeria and her people the wit to overcome all this?

With Love.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by alabiyemmy(m): 1:28am On Feb 22, 2007
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by BigB11(m): 1:42am On Feb 22, 2007
ShutMouth:

You should think broadly about things.

Atiku is not the only problem in Nigeria.

We have several of them, but to only focus on one man is absolutely uncivilized.

After Atiku, what is next?

Believe me, our problem must be solved from the root. Running after Atiku and couple of other jokers will never never solve our corruption problem.

There is no clean fish in the pond.

Fish represents Nigerian politicians
Pond represents Nigeria as a nation
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Mamajama(m): 2:11am On Feb 22, 2007
True there are lots of corrupt politician in Nigeria but ATIKU is the one seeking the highest post in Nigeria and he must be exposed and stopped at all cost.

this will send a clear message to other politicians that have skeleton in their cupboard not to mess with Nigerians. gone are those days when you can

steal from Nigeria and not held accountable. there is no CHOP and I CHOP any more.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by hammah(m): 2:49am On Feb 22, 2007
no man is a saint!but in this case of witch hunting,Atiku is not corrupt.Obj is rather a bunch of corruption. grin
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by stanech: 5:25am On Feb 22, 2007
Question :::: IS ATIKU ABUBAKAR CORRUPT?

ANSWER >::::::: YES
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by shutmouth(m): 7:24am On Feb 22, 2007
Thanks, MAMAJAMA

True there are lots of corrupt politician in Nigeria but ATIKU is the one seeking the highest post in Nigeria and he must be exposed and stopped at all cost.

Atiku is the father of all corruptions in Nigeria. What I call the "WHEEL THAT ROTATES CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA".

He has done nothing for Nigeria as VP except corruption and reckless use of the law to satisfy his selfish political ego.

He must be exposed and stopped through this media. Trust me, he knows some of us here in Nairaland are on his heels and we are not relenting on our efforts to nail him very hard.

By the time we finish with him, he will be a dead goat.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by McDoe(m): 7:58am On Feb 22, 2007
When the going was good between Atiku and Baba Iyabo, Atiku was not corrupt. Now that they are "two poles apart", he is now the most corrupt person in Nigeria.
You see, there is need to call a spade a spade. There is no clean leader in Ngeria. They are all corrupt. It's even worse during the military era. For OBJ to single Atiku out for persecution over corruption smacks of vindictiveness over certain political disagreements. Let us leave Atiku alone.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by mystikal(m): 8:09am On Feb 22, 2007
Haba,
The VP if accused of diverting public funds, we should thank God that he use to create more employment for the vast unemployed youth in the country,  If claimed by the EFCC that Globacom use part of the money for the license fees, Praise God, an Indigenous company that is giving the Nigerian youth the rare opportunity  to work and exposure to the world of new technology, make the economic stronger with the overall profit and tax, MTN declared about 116B last year fiscal ending all the money where taken to a south African bank still the company will asked Nigerian banks to raise money for her to bankroll project that will only benefit her and the turn over back to her parent country,

We should ask Obasanjo what he did with Operation Feed The Nation that turns to Obasanjo Farm Limited (OFN) so if Atiku could give out public funds to help indigenous company and they are doing fine we should not crucified him for that, more so the company in question is adding value to social life of Nigerians in all aspect, sponsoring CAF and paying for the new Technical adviser for the Nigerian Super eagle, Ask MTN and CELTEL with all the BILLION they are reaping from the Nigerian masses and economy what is their contribution.

More so the VP claimed that the principle and Interest of the said amount was back in the cover of PTDF and  that even in higher percentage of what a foreign bank will offer if the money is deposit outside the shore of the country, must we be a stooge for the white forever, why can't be another world bank in African? must we forever stake money in foreign land,

I beg African leader are fools and full of mumus,

Atiku had has done well, if at all he gave the PTDF money for his allies to float a good  that is serving Nigerian well.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 8:16am On Feb 22, 2007
Whoo uhhhh, the Polls read [size=14pt]Yes[/size], The bastard is corrupt.

Democracy in Progress, the people have spoken cheesy
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by rojen: 8:21am On Feb 22, 2007
all of us here are corrupt even in the little space we find ourselves.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 8:29am On Feb 22, 2007
But some of us steal government funds that are meant for developing states etc. Some of us are beyond comparism
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by donnymikky(m): 8:32am On Feb 22, 2007
Yes Atiku is corrupt
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by shutmouth(m): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2007
Yes, all Nigerians are corrupt even those abroad probably including myself. Not really!!!

Afterall, corruption is in our GENE transmitted through our forefathers prior to colonization.

The point is, what is the vaccine that will clean up our corrupt gene.

The answer lies in Ribadu and that is why I strongly support his efforts. Ribadu is the corruption doctor that has the right vaccine jab to cure our corrupt gene.

All the F**K S-H-I-T about Atiku's innocence really SUCK and must stop. We are all culprits but Atiku is the master DRACULA and blood money sucker.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by nikynike(f): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2007
Yes Atiku is corrupt
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by shutmouth(m): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2007
Just look at the NairaLand Polls above:

77.8% of the members say Atiku is corrupt.

This must be a shameful result for the die-hard Atiku's supporters here.

I am pleased with the poll results and I will intensify my fight against Atiku, Kalu, OBJ and other crooks.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 9:04am On Feb 22, 2007
It was 80% 10 minutes ago, who voted for the bastard angry angry

Atiku should be in Jail
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by shutmouth(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2007
Thanks dblock.

As you already have observed, the Atiku die-hards are always online mid afternoon when the Ribadu's heavy weights are offline due to their work. The Atiku fans spend the whole day here when they should be at work and that is because Atiku's corruption made them jobless.

Please, hang around and don't go offline yet so that we can do battle with these stubborn Atiku's hired agents.

Unfortunately, my work is suffering (no qualms I am CEO) as I spend so much time here to teach some dead brains that Atiku is finished and they should support Ribadu's war against corruption.

Believe me, Atiku is a crook with so much money that he may have hired and positioned agents in Nairaland to counter every negative comments about him. He is probably reading these stuff in his London apartment now.

ATIKU, you are fired!!!
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 9:26am On Feb 22, 2007
Fired indeed wink
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by akara(m): 9:49am On Feb 22, 2007
All Nigerian Politicians a re corrupt. The huge sums it takes to set private universities, where students probably pay top in hard currency. Sad for a nation where some goverments schools dont have walls or roofs.

I am waiting for the day when a politician will do what Ophra did in SA.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by CrudeOil2(m): 9:52am On Feb 22, 2007
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Tobiegal(f): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2007
shutmouth:

Just look at the NairaLand Polls above:

77.8% of the members say Atiku is corrupt.

This must be a shameful result for the die-hard Atiku's supporters here.

I am pleased with the poll results and I will intensify my fight against Atiku, Kalu, OBJ and other crooks.

Thank Goodness shut mouth, u ave seen the lite! Now, u aint after just Atiku, but Kalu, Obj n others, wel, mayb u have learnt that accusing just Atiku isnt gonna help u get the needed support u had 2 include others on the list!!!

2bad man!

shutmouth:

Thanks dblock.

As you already have observed, the Atiku die-hards are always online mid afternoon when the Ribadu's heavy weights are offline due to their work. The Atiku fans spend the whole day here when they should be at work and that is because Atiku's corruption made them jobless.

Please, hang around and don't go offline yet so that we can do battle with these stubborn Atiku's hired agents.

Unfortunately, my work is suffering (no qualms I am CEO) as I spend so much time here to teach some dead brains that Atiku is finished and they should support Ribadu's war against corruption.

Believe me, Atiku is a crook with so much money that he may have hired and positioned agents in Nairaland to counter every negative comments about him. He is probably reading these stuff in his London apartment now.

ATIKU, you are fired!!!

Ouch! sory 2 disappoint u, bt gues wot i 4 one aint jobless! am at working and infact quiet busy, just cant stand d crap u keep writting.

Besides, majority of his supporter on nairaland probably dont know him 4rm Adam, like u alos dont, bt we know 4 certain that EFCC can try n continue its good works n not forget 2 indict the pdp chieftains including obj. bt he shd feel dat the VP would be a biggest fish, he shd stop been used as a weapon in the hands of obj n pdp led govt of arm down its opponent, even the senate believe dey ave gona waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off their field n ave just only Tuesday called them 2 order,

so y dont u stop making fuss n face that so called work u ave in front of u, 'mr. ceo'

shutmouth:

Yes, all Nigerians are corrupt even those abroad probably including myself. Not really!!!

Afterall, corruption is in our GENE transmitted through our forefathers prior to colonization.

The point is, what is the vaccine that will clean up our corrupt gene.

The answer lies in Ribadu and that is why I strongly support his efforts. Ribadu is the corruption doctor that has the right vaccine jab to cure our corrupt gene.

All the F**K S-H-I-T about Atiku's innocence really SUCK and must stop. We are all culprits but Atiku is the master DRACULA and blood money sucker.

So wots ur problem now, u just stated dat u r corrupt. y wld a kettle call a pot black?!

Besides, making Ribadu u hero might just be dangerous, dont 4get in a hast wot happened 2 Tafa Balogun! sumone pls, educate this guy on Nigeria Politics,
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by shutmouth(m): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2007
Crude Oil, welcome.

Thanks for accepting that Atiku is corrupt as we all are due to our corrupt gene we inherited from our forefathers.

Just pause a bit and forget OBJ as he is a dead meat. Let us fight this war against corruption and not support any politician who have done nothing to deserve our votes such as Atiku, Kalu etc.

God bless you!!!

Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2007
So wots your problem now, u just stated that you're corrupt. y would a kettle call a pot black?!

Everyone is corrupt in one way or another, Every Human is corrupt, whether it be in a small way or in a large way. But Atiku is a Papa in Corruption,
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by shutmouth(m): 10:00am On Feb 22, 2007
Ouch! sory 2 disappoint u, bt gues wot i 4 one aint jobless! am at working and infact quiet busy, just can't stand d crap u keep writting.

Is this Japanese language or something?

Don't understand a bit what you are writing. Say it again please!!!
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by CrudeOil2(m): 10:06am On Feb 22, 2007
Shutmouth,OBJ is more corrupt than atiku.I curse OBJ everyday of my life.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by dblock(m): 10:10am On Feb 22, 2007
OBJ is indeed more corrupt, but he is more productive, he oulls strings to get the job done, what does Atiku do?, escape wo London every time he's under investigation wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. / PENGASSAN To Embark On A Three-day Warning Strike Over Non-passage Of PIB / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.