Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? (9529 Views)

Poll: Is Vice President Atiku corrupt?

Yes: 72% (80 votes)
No: 27% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Where Is Atiku Abubakar / Remember SA's Jacob Zuma Is Atiku Abubakar's Close Friend And Business Associate / Who Is Atiku Abubakar & Why Is Obj After Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ugodaniel(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2007
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by donnymikky(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2007
Shutmouth,OBJ is more corrupt than atiku.I curse OBJ everyday of my life.

@crudeoil

The question on this thread is very simple such that it attracts a YES or NO answer. If you agree that Turaki is corrupt simply say "YES" and if you think otherwise my brother just say "NO", it is not all about OBJ but Turaki, i mean Atiku.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by olawa20(m): 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2007
That Atiku and others fought against 3rd term agenda does not in any way makes him not corrupt. No one can in all truth answer that question with a definite yes or no except the intellectually numbing 'everybody is corrupt' argument. But from the results of some of the investigations carried out by relevant agencies, there are questions that beg for answers and only the courts of law can ultimately determine his culpability.

In the meantime, I would rather look for other candidates who have no such questions hanging around their necks and who have not displayed a tendency to be corrupt and vote for them.

Please note that this question only becomes relevant in the light of forthcoming elections and who governs nigeria in the next dispensation
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Mariory(m): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2007
Is Atiku corrupt?
Is the sun real?
Do humans breathe oxygen?

The answers to these questions are the same plain and simple.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ono(m): 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2007
Wetin be all these yarnings about Atiku? As at 1999 when the going between the two Kingthieves was good, nobody raised any dust about who's clean or dirty. Now that their relationship have turned sour, everyone's pointing accusing fingers at the two of them.

As far as I'm concerned, this is not the type of question people should be replying on this forum. The truth is obvious for all to see, so why bring the question to the market square?

As for me, my headache now is the reason why the likes of Donald Duke, Prof. Pat Utomi and other good people were not allowed to come out and cotest the Presidential post of this country. All these other people, cankerworms, rogues, thieves, demons should never be allowed to see Aso Rock, talkless of entering there. I heard the one running for President under PDP cannot even stand upright to pee like a normal man. Why on earth would any right thinking man allow such a person to rule this country? Are we cursed or what?
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by delvinmaya(m): 4:50pm On Feb 22, 2007
well i wonder why atiku's suppoters still shouting at their loudest? have you forgotten so quickly the fact that one of his first act of corruption was revealed not here in nigeria but at the usa, and not by court officials or others but by the fbi, check that out FBI, the thieving bastard. i hope he gets sent to azkarban
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by naija4life(f): 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2007
Have you guys ever heard about fabricated fallacies and illogical, untenable assertions, grin

If you have anything against Atiku, better state your facts right.

As per EFCC, we all know who calls da shots there!
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by stiyke(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2007
Is Atiku corrupt?? is Obj corrupt?? is the sun real?? do you breathe??

The first two questions havent been proven. I wish i could just let this thread go on without contributing, but wait a min.
If Atiku isnt corrupt and OBJ is corrupt, and Atiku knows OBJ is corrupt, why did he remain in government for 8yrs and still doesnt want to leave the corrupt government??

I too curse OBJ but i curse Atiku too. To all you Atiku fans, can u guys give us a good reason why Atiku wont resign from office?? Given the fact he said his boss OBJ is corrupt, and OBJ has committed a lot of attrocities. If you arent proud of the government, its simple moral to just resign. Why doesnt he want to resign??

Is he scared of Jail?? Mandella was in Jail you know. Atiku and all of them are just selfish, like OBJ said its do-or-die affair.

If i may ask, who can tell how this election would go?? what would happen b/w now and April??

I feel OBJ will put Atiku where Balogun is one way or the other. The election if it ever holds, would be mainly Yaradua again Utomi. Now who would you guys vote for?? Maybe we should open a new thread for this.

why is NIGERIA different?? why do things work backwards?? Why cant this country be any better
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by folnath(f): 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2007
Of course everyone knows that Atiku is corrupt likewise all those sycophants with OBJ, the Bode georges', Tony Anenihs and the rest. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
If OBJ is really out to fight corruption, he should be objective and factual about it. OBJ should stop using EFCC as a political instrument to threaten his opponents.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by folnath(f): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2007
If all our corrupt leaders are like Atiku, then, Nigeria would have been a better place.

Reasons- He used his own loot to develop the country and the citizenry. - The ABTI ABUBAKAR universty,
Globacom etc.

What has them others done? angry
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ugodaniel(m): 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2007
@ Stiyke, i won't respond to you because your post is full of objective illusions and hyper allegations. The court are yet to tell us that Atiku is coorupt and until they do, you cannot stay in front of a PC and state categorically that Atiku is corrupt.

As per Obasanjo, Atiku stated the following:

The Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has listed the shady deals of President Olusegun Obasanjo since the president assumed office in 1999 to date. According to the vice president, notable among the shady deals are the alleged N84 billion Nigeria Port Authority scandal involving Chief Olabode George, PDP South Deputy Chairman, allocation of oil wells to his cronies and fronts and the N12 billion presidential library. Atiku further listed the 220 million TransCorp shares, N2 billion agriculture loan and another N2 billion bribe distributed to remove Ghali Umar Na’Abba, former Speaker of the House of Representatives. He added that the president spent N40 billion as bribe on the aborted third term project as well as having multi-billion naira farm projects across the country.

The vice president maintained that President Obasanjo is a dictator, given the Odi massacre, Zaki Biam massacre and his penchant for disobeying court orders. Atiku revealed that, apart from promulgating a self-serving land use decree through which he acquired communal land for his personal use, Obasanjo ran a detention camp at Ita-Oko when he was the military head of state between 1976 and 1979, The AC presidential candidate said that Obasanjo could not claim ignorance about high profile killings such as Bola Ige, Marshal Harry, Funsho Williams, A.K. Dikibo and Ayo Daramola among others, that took place under his watch as the chief security officer of the Federal Republic of Nigeria since 1999. He posited that the murder cases remained unresolved because of the backing of the Presidency in such cases, as the police are tutored on the investigation by the president himself.

YET, Obasanjo hasnt answered any of them cos they're true. If he's sure he didnt do all those, he should sue Atiku to court for Libel

You saying Atiku should resign from office, can you tell me why he should resign! There are only 3 ways He can resign and none of them has happened yet, so why should he resign? you dont have to answer that!
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ugodaniel(m): 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2007
folnath:

If all our corrupt leaders are like Atiku, then, Nigeria would have been a better place.

Reasons- He used his own loot to develop the country and the citizenry. - The ABTI ABUBAKAR universty,
Globacom etc.

What has them others done? angry

Point of correction folnath, Atiku 'was' already a BIG BOY before becoming 9ja's VP. All the investments he did were done out of his own sweat and the PTDF deal was in the best interest of NIgerians as the money was returned with interest.

Nobody has ever done that in the history of politicking in Nigeria before!
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by stiyke(m): 5:41pm On Feb 22, 2007
@ugodaniels

So Atiku has now become a court?? If you can take what Atiku is saying about OBJ, that means he would do the same were he in OBJ's shoes. Why are you so biased
Are u  being paid to campaign for Atiku??

@folnath

Please looting is wrong, no matter what the money was used for. its just wrong.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by stiyke(m): 5:45pm On Feb 22, 2007
ugodaniel:

@ Stiyke, i won't respond to you because your post is full of objective illusions and hyper allegations. The court are yet to tell us that Atiku is coorupt and until they do, you cannot stay in front of a PC and state categorically that Atiku is corrupt.

As per Obasanjo, Atiku stated the following:

The Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has listed the shady deals of President Olusegun Obasanjo since the president assumed office in 1999 to date. According to the vice president, notable among the shady deals are the alleged N84 billion Nigeria Port Authority scandal involving Chief Olabode George, PDP South Deputy Chairman, allocation of oil wells to his cronies and fronts and the N12 billion presidential library. Atiku further listed the 220 million TransCorp shares, N2 billion agriculture loan and another N2 billion bribe distributed to remove Ghali Umar Na’Abba, former Speaker of the House of Representatives. He added that the president spent N40 billion as bribe on the aborted third term project as well as having multi-billion naira farm projects across the country.

The vice president maintained that President Obasanjo is a dictator, given the Odi massacre, Zaki Biam massacre and his penchant for disobeying court orders. Atiku revealed that, apart from promulgating a self-serving land use decree through which he acquired communal land for his personal use, Obasanjo ran a detention camp at Ita-Oko when he was the military head of state between 1976 and 1979, The AC presidential candidate said that Obasanjo could not claim ignorance about high profile killings such as Bola Ige, Marshal Harry, Funsho Williams, A.K. Dikibo and Ayo Daramola among others, that took place under his watch as the chief security officer of the Federal Republic of Nigeria since 1999. He posited that the murder cases remained unresolved because of the backing of the Presidency in such cases, as the police are tutored on the investigation by the president himself.

YET, Obasanjo hasnt answered any of them because they're true. If he's sure he didnt do all those, he should sue Atiku to court for Libel

You saying Atiku should resign from office, can you tell me why he should resign! There are only 3 ways He can resign and none of them has happened yet, so why should he resign? you don't have to answer that!

Ohh Righteous Atiku, where was thou when OBJ did all this?? Under his arms i suppose. Why did u not talk then. why did you not let us know what is befalling the beloved country??
Why are you telling us now?? and also choose to insult us by not resigning from the Government you are castigating??
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by lolabaloo(f): 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2007
yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooo looting, stealing they are all the same either used 4 good or bad.what is bad is bad. the so call university are  not for the masses but their own children
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ugodaniel(m): 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2007
stiyke:

@ugodaniels

So Atiku has now become a court?? If you can take what Atiku is saying about OBJ, that means he would do the same were he in OBJ's shoes. Why are you so biased
Are u  being paid to campaign for Atiku??

@folnath

Please looting is wrong, no matter what the money was used for. its just wrong.

Its got nothing to do with being biased or not. Atiku remains my choice for the polls and if i see any post mis-informing the populace and fellow nigerians about Atiku, i cant stand and watch it. I MUST make corrections and advise right!

I also happen to be a staunch supporter of the rule of law. How can you open your mouth and say Atiku is corrupt when the courts are yet to say so.

For your info, nobody pais me to do anything. I bleeping needs nobody's money as am PERECTLY OKAY guess wat i mean!
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by shutmouth(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2007
Thanks stiyke

I like your style!

Getting real hot here!

Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by stiyke(m): 5:51pm On Feb 22, 2007
and when did atiku become a court to say what obj has looted?? which court has OBJ stole those funds u mentioned
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ugodaniel(m): 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2007
stiyke:

and when did atiku become a court to say what obj has looted?? which court has OBJ stole those funds u mentioned

Let me ask you a question. Do you seriously think that OBJ can, under the present circumstances, hesitate to use any know corrupt practise done by the VP to nail him

Tha answer is simple, there's nothing the FG has against Atiku. They are just running around looking for how to disqualify him from contesting by labelling him corrupt and turning their bulldog on him.

Let OBJ at least make his own allegation and you'll see Atiku sueing him to court. As i talk to you, there's still a court case against EFCC for daring say that the VP is corrupt without enough proof. We'll hear da end result soon and you can bet who's gonna win da case AGAIN
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by debosky(m): 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2007
Thank you ugo: all the EFCC has is mere conjecture they claim Atiku and Adenuga were 'friends' so he 'helped' Adenuga get a loan from public funds. There is no evidence that any money was misappropriated, all PTDF funds have been returned to PTDF with interest.

that is the only thing they have been able to come up with: Atiku using 'influence' to get a loan, which was not even connected to him or any business of his. The FG has no case, if it is on the basis of this evidence that Atiku is being declared corrupt, then my answer is a clear and loud NO!!

AA did not carry money on a presidential plane to buy equipment for Obj farms, he didnt buy 200m shares in a company buying govt properties, he didnt take a 2billion naira loan from banks to run his businesses.

Absolutely no evidence has been found against Atiku, if it had we would have heard it by now. If anyone wants to claim he is corrupt, prove it

And about quitting from the govt, that would not have been wise, sometimes the best way to fight is from within. If Yar'Adua didnt resign from being katsina guvnor before contesting, I see no reason why Atku should resign, afterall we all know his aides and all have been sacked, he should continue to expose Obj for what he truly is

there has been NO evidence to nail Atiku. Based on current evidence, He is NOT corrupt
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by stiyke(m): 6:07pm On Feb 22, 2007
Assuming its proven beyond reasonable doubt by say God that Atiku is not corrupt. I and millions of nigerians can not forgive him for being a part of corrupt government, and still refusing to leave the corrupt government. its like going with the gang for robbery, and when caught you would say i only accompanied them, i didnt take part, i only drove the car, i didnt point the gun.

Atiku is corrupt. and stands corrupt in the eyes of God. If he is so righteous, let him resign and leave the corrupt Government. This is what any man with a clean heart would do. you dont need to give him 3 reasons to do that.

I went to benin to do an installation some time ago. A commissioner was kidnapped because he refused to sign papers awarding dubious contracts. He told them to let him resign and they should spare his life. the man resigned. and he was later released. Thats moral for u.

Does atiku have morals?? (Mind you am not for the federal gov anyways.)
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ugodaniel(m): 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2007
stiyke:

Assuming its proven beyond reasonable doubt by say God that Atiku is not corrupt. I and millions of nigerians can not forgive him for being a part of corrupt government, and still refusing to leave the corrupt government. its like going with the gang for robbery, and when caught you would say i only accompanied them, i didnt take part, i only drove the car, i didnt point the gun.

Atiku is corrupt. and stands corrupt in the eyes of God. If he is so righteous, let him resign and leave the corrupt Government. This is what any man with a clean heart would do. you don't need to give him 3 reasons to do that.

I went to benin to do an installation some time ago. A commissioner was kidnapped because he refused to sign papers awarding dubious contracts. He told them to let him resign and they should spare his life. the man resigned. and he was later released. Thats moral for u.

Does atiku have morals?? (Mind you am not for the federal gov anyways.)

The commissioner you mentioned in your post is a BLODDY COWARD. And you cannot rationalise such cowardice with Atiku.

Like debosky rightly mentioned. Its always better to fight from the inside than from the outside owing to our system of govt.

Abiola wanted to fight from outside but he was murdered! and a whole lotta other cases. So if you ask me, Atiku is only doing the wisest thingy, giving OBJ his own doses right from the inside.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by Mamajama(m): 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2007
EVEN RAY CHARLES AND STEVEN WONDER can see that ATIKU is corrupt. TAFA Balogun was shouting he was victimized until we all saw the evidence. wait till after immunity and see how fast ATIKU can run away from Nigeria
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by stiyke(m): 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2007
Atiku defender of Nigeria lol.

And why is he fighting now?? has he been in coma for eight years or what?? Y didnt he start fighting the corruption and atrocities of OBJ like 5yrs back?? The guy is fighting for his family.

Well let me go do something to make my life better.

F***k ATIKU; F***K OBJ; F***K ALL OF THEM THAT ARE SCREWING THIS COUNTRY. MAY GOD PAY THEM BACK HERE ON EARTH AND IN HELL.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by debosky(m): 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2007
mamajama you have no point,

even with Obj's immunity we know Uba carried thousands of dollars on Obj's jet, and used over 40k to buy equipment for Obj's farm, a claim that no one has denied. we know of gbenga obj's paying cash for a house in NY, no denial, we know of 200m transcorp shares of Obj, the 2b loan for his farms and so on

If they went through the trouble to set up panel and everything to 'indict' him then there should be proof.

EFCC have NOTHING on Atiku, absolutely NOTHING< if not with all this mudslinging we would have seen more evidence.

I'm not holding brief for him, but he may have been trying to sort things out quieyly, when that failed he had to shout it out, which is why all this is happening now, lets not forget the third term thing too
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ugodaniel(m): 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2007
stiyke:

Well let me go do something to make my life better.

[

Well, i have this strong feeling you really need it. GOOD LUCK!
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by alabiyemmy(m): 6:24pm On Feb 22, 2007
How many companies has Atiku bought by himself and family under the privatisation scheme which he chaired?
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ugodaniel(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2007
alabiyemmy:

How many companies has Atiku bought by himself and family under the privatisation scheme which he chaired?

And your point is?
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by stiyke(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2007
Yea i need it cause Atiku is out to syphone the ones he couldnt get as VP grin

And since we dont have that kind of spirit, we do honest work to earn our living, Atiku should learn that too.
Too bad he can picture life without Aso rock. Y is the crook so agitated now?? he better leave the country while he still can. Else the long Arm of the law will also come with its long legs, to put him in that hole.

Every one knows he will land in that hole, its just a matter of time, but b4 April.

Take care.
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by McKren(m): 6:27pm On Feb 22, 2007
You can as well put up a post asking if Nigeria flag is gree+white+green. That is what this thread is like. grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by debosky(m): 6:28pm On Feb 22, 2007
where is your proof ALabi?

we all know Obj owns 200m shares in transcorp that bought hilton and nitel in the privatisation program [i]after [/i]Atiku got removed.

which ones did Atiku buy? please inform us.

y'all can say whatever, if you have no proof just shut-mouth!!
Re: Is Atiku Abubakar Corrupt? by ugodaniel(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2007
@Stiyke, dont cry too much my dear, i think i can personally help you start afresh, on a new and strong footing.

As per Atiku syphoning money abroad, CAN YOU PROVE IT

I only act and talk based on facts and figures. I dont believe in rumors and heresay!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE / EFCC To Spend N6.13billion On New Head Office - The Punch / MASSOB Cautions Ganduje Against Receiving Chieftaincy Title In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.