Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (78910 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
saintmark88:

I'm not twisting nothing, its you who lacks understanding. Pray to God to enlighten your mind.

Yahweh is God
Jesus is God
Holy Spirit is God

Three distincts beings..... But One God.....

Really! what again don't I understand?
You are coming out of the closet little by little...

You claim they are three distinct beings...with each not being the other, each distinct being is a God yet but one God. I think you are brainwashed.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 10:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
saintmark88:

So question for u is the Holy Spirit God??

The Holy Spirit is God's divine power wink
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 11:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
I didn't see that question. I wasn't mentioned on it.
And your last statement is very disrespectful. I mean, we are here to have a conversation from the Bible and not to throw insults at each other. The Bible says where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name.... So, let us try to keep the conversation virtuous to allow room for divine understanding. We are not here to brag or compete but to reason together from the scriptures.

Now, to throw light on your question.
(DID JEHOVAH GOD CREATED/PRODUCE CHRIST JESUS WITH JESUS?)
Proverbs 8:22 Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way,
The earliest of his achievements of long ago.

In the above verse, we are given information as to how Jesus came to be. It clearly says that Jesus was created, not through anyone, but by Jehovah himself.
The Bible refers to Jesus as having a beginning. Jesus is the earliest of Jehovah's achievement.

bloodofthelamb:

I ASKED LOVINGJEHOVAH, DID JEHOVAH GOD CREATED/PRODUCE CHRIST JESUS WITH JESUS? SINCE, THE SCRIPTURE SAYS EVERYTHING JEHOVAH GOD MADE/PRODUCE/CREATED WAS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS..

HIM NEVER ANSWER ME... THEY MINISTERS OF DARKNESS PRETENDING TO BE THAT OF LIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I didn't see that question. I wasn't mentioned on it.
And your last statement is very disrespectful. I mean, we are here to have a conversation from the Bible and not to throw insults at each other. The Bible says where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name.... So, let us try to keep the conversation virtuous to allow room for divine understanding. We are not here to brag or compete but to reason together from the scriptures.

Now, to throw light on your question.
(DID JEHOVAH GOD CREATED/PRODUCE CHRIST JESUS WITH JESUS?)
Proverbs 8:22 Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way,
The earliest of his achievements of long ago.

WITH WHAT DID JEHOVAH PRODUCE JESUS WITH?...BECAUSE, JOHN1:3 SAYS- AND WITH THIS "WORD", GOD{JEHOVAH} CREATED "ALL" THINGS. NOTHING WAS MADE WITHOUT THE "WORD."{CEV TRANS).

NOTE THE WORD "ALL" IF CHRIST JESUS THE WORD WAS CREATED OR PRODUCE THAT WILL ALSO INCLUDE HIM. JEHOVAH NEVER PRODUCED ANYTHING WITHOUT THE WORD.
Re: Is Jesus God? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2017
AND ABOUT MY LAST STATEMENT ON THAT POST, I STAND WITH IT WHOLE HEARTEDLY.

ANYBODY THAT DENIES THE DIVINITY AND GODHOOD OF CHRIST JESUS IS AN ANTI CHRIST AND A DECEIVER, LEADING MEN TO DAMNATION.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 4:30am On Nov 09, 2017
saintmark88:

This is not what this thread is about......create a thread for this and I will respond to u on this topic....I dnt jump in and out of issues

That was a Lie ? grin grin grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 4:36am On Nov 09, 2017
saintmark88:

U r not the smart one.......

Dan 2:46
I am not like u who is afraid to respond to questions u asked for a quote, I gave it to u

Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel,
and ommanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him. 47[b]The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.[\b]

Verse 47 clearly shows the intension of the king....so there's nothing u have to say...this is much diff from that of Jesus.

Pls point out where the bible in matt 28:9 says they worshipped Jehova and not Jesus.

Cos here the writter of Daniel clearly shows in 47, who Nebuchadnezzar worshipped, that's y some other translations use worship

grin grin grin

At Bold .

1. Daniel was worshipped ? Yes or No

2. Did Daniel Rebuke the King for worshipping him ? Yes or no

cc: Saintmark88
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 4:58am On Nov 09, 2017
saintmark88:

Tank u my brother,we will continue to expose satan under what ever guise he come
You keep telling various lies you cannot defend, if there is Satan on this thread .. who else would it be if not Mr Wrong Statement ?

I never said that, oh it was a wrong statement grin grin grin I can't laugh abeg. Am still waiting for your proof, abi its lie as usual ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 5:01am On Nov 09, 2017
My own question be this ;

On what basis was Yahweh classified. as 1st person of Trinity, Jesus as Second person of trinity and holy spirit as third person of Trinity .

I need prompt response - Directed to all who believed in the trinity
Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 6:34am On Nov 09, 2017
Peacefullove:
My own question be this ;

On what basis was Yahweh classified. as 1st person of Trinity, Jesus as Second person of trinity and holy spirit as third person of Trinity .

I need prompt response - Directed to all who believed in the trinity

They will soon come and tell you that, they are 3 in 1 that its a mystery and you need the Holy Spirit to understand. grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 6:36am On Nov 09, 2017
It is interesting to know that you are all agog on spiritual matters. Your questions are brilliant and well-thought-out. I do appreciate that.
Concerning your question, I will like to mention the 4 dominant qualities of Jehovah.
1. Power
2. Justice
3. Wisdom
4. Love
With these attributes, Jehovah has proven that the depth of his knowledge is unsearchable Romans 11:33. Therefore, he chooses to use any of his qualities to carry out his marvelous works. Do not forget that the holy spirit is his ACTIVE FORCE.
The name of God, Jehovah simply means "he causes to become". He can do anything to achieve his purpose. He is not an idol that he cannot speak or act (Psalm 135:15 The idols of the nations are silver and gold, made by human hands. 16 They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but cannot see).

Jehovah chose Jesus as his master worker (1 Peter 1:20). He is a God who likes to engage everyone righteous in his beautiful activities. Think about how he gave Adam the assignment to name all the animals. And he does not do a thing without first, telling about it. What a priceless God!
Talking about telling humans of his WORD before carrying out his actions, the Bible told us outrightly in Hebrews 1:1-2 "Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. 2 Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son..."
The Bible clearly states that he used to speak to humans directly, but then lastly, he used his son whom the Bible refers to as the Word. Jehovah is not a dumb God, he can speak for himself if he wants to (You can also compare Jesus illustration in Matthew 21:36-37), but he CHOSE Jesus to be his exact representation. That is partly why Jesus says that Jehovah is in him.

A noteworthy reference to your question is the voice with which he proclaimed the WORD recorded in Luke 9:35 when Jesus was baptized on earth? (Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him).
Remeber that Jesus(word) was on earth at the time when the word came out of heaven. And he could have used that same word to create Jesus.
So, Jehovah can do as he pleases and no one can question him.

Luke 1:35 In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. And for that reason the one who is born will be called holy, God’s Son
When Jesus said that he watched him and learned from him, you may ask, with what word did he carry out those acts while Jesus was watching or learning by his side?

John 5:30 I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me
What word did Jesus hear? And, from who?

John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
What word was the command?
You may compare the command to Psalm 33:9 For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.

Brother, Jehovah is the Almighty and there is no one else.
There is no God except him. Isaiah 45:5.
bloodofthelamb:

WITH WHAT DID JEHOVAH PRODUCE JESUS WITH?...BECAUSE, JOHN1:3 SAYS- AND WITH THIS "WORD", GOD{JEHOVAH} CREATED "ALL" THINGS. NOTHING WAS MADE WITHOUT THE "WORD."{CEV TRANS).

NOTE THE WORD "ALL" IF CHRIST JESUS THE WORD WAS CREATED OR PRODUCE THAT WILL ALSO INCLUDE HIM. JEHOVAH NEVER PRODUCED ANYTHING WITHOUT THE WORD.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by saintmark88(m): 6:36am On Nov 09, 2017
Peacefullove:

grin grin grin

At Bold .

1. Daniel was worshipped ? Yes or No

2. Did Daniel Rebuke the King for worshipping him ? Yes or no

cc: Saintmark88

No Daniel was not worshipped why....verse 47 makes it clear who was worshipped
2) No he didn't need to because of the kings next statement in verse 47

Daniel 2:46-47
Then King Nebuchadnez′zar fell upon his face, and did homage to Daniel, and commanded that an offering and incense be offered up to him. 47 The king said to Daniel, “Truly, your God is God of gods and Lord of kings, and a revealer of mysteries, for you have been able to reveal this mystery.”
U have no basis for comparison, verse 47 has shown u that u r a lair, ur elders are lairs.

Meanwhile I have been answering ur questions, u all refused answering mine.... Shows u how much lies u all are

There's no basis for comparing Daniel and Jesus. Even Yahweh commanded that Jesus be worshipped.... Of shows how ignorant and desperate u r with this comparism.

Heb 1:6
And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all God's angels worship Him.

Hope u can see ur argument is floored
Re: Is Jesus God? by saintmark88(m): 6:39am On Nov 09, 2017
lovingJehovah:
It is interesting to know that you are all agog on spiritual matters. Your questions are brilliant and well-thought-out. I do appreciate that.
Concerning your question, I will like to mention the 4 dominant qualities of Jehovah.
1. Power
2. Justice
3. Wisdom
4. Love
With these attributes, Jehovah has proven that the depth of his knowledge is unsearchable Romans 11:33. Therefore, he chooses to use any of his qualities to carry out his marvelous works. Do not forget that the holy spirit is his ACTIVE FORCE.
The name of God, Jehovah simply means "he causes to become". He can do anything to achieve his purpose. He is not an idol that he cannot speak or act (Psalm 135:15 The idols of the nations are silver and gold, made by human hands. 16 They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but cannot see).

Jehovah chose Jesus as his master worker (1 Peter 1:20). He is a God who likes to engage everyone righteous in his beautiful activities. Think about how he gave Adam the assignment to name all the animals. And he does not do a thing without first, telling about it. What a priceless God!
Talking about telling humans of his WORD before carrying out his actions, the Bible told us outrightly in Hebrews 1:1-2 Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. 2 Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son...
The Bible clearly states that he used to speak to humans directly, but then lastly he used his son whom the Bible refers to as the Word. Jehovah is not a dumb God, he can speak for himself if he wants to (You can also compare Jesus illustration in Matthew 21:36-37), but he CHOSE Jesus to be his exact representation. That is partly why Jesus says that Jehovah is in him.

A noteworthy reference to your question is the voice with which he proclaimed the WORD recorded in Luke 9:35 when Jesus was baptized on earth? (Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him).
Remeber that Jesus(word) was on earth at the time when the word came out of heaven.
So, Jehovah can do as he pleases and no one can question him.

Luke 1:35 In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. And for that reason the one who is born will be called holy, God’s Son
When Jesus said that he watched him and learned from him, you may ask, with what word did he carry out those acts while Jesus was watching learning by his side?

John 5:30 I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me
What word did Jesus hear? And, from who?

John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
What word was the command?
You may compare the command to Psalm 33:9 For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.

Brother, Jehovah is the Almighty and beside him, there is no other God. Isaiah 45:5.

All u r saying here are ur own interpretation and largely what u tink. Pls ansa my question

Rev 22:12....who spoke
Re: Is Jesus God? by saintmark88(m): 6:44am On Nov 09, 2017
Peacefullove:

You keep telling various lies you cannot defend, if there is Satan on this thread .. who else would it be if not Mr Wrong Statement ?

I never said that, oh it was a wrong statement grin grin grin I can't laugh abeg. Am still waiting for your proof, abi its lie as usual ?

You have not answered my question, u keep using wrong statement to dodge from it

Rev 22:12........who spoke
Re: Is Jesus God? by saintmark88(m): 6:46am On Nov 09, 2017
Maamin:

The Holy Spirit is God's divine power wink

So the Holy spirit isn't a being..........if that's true, then y is it possible to lie against the Holly spirit
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 6:50am On Nov 09, 2017
I, as a Jehovah's witness, do not come here to ding-dong. Whatever things are true and of serious concern we I will pay heed to it. You, the ridiculer quoting me, take win and leave. There is nothing to gain from a heated debate with a ridiculer. You are not reeling me into that darkness.
Re: Is Jesus God? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:55am On Nov 09, 2017
YOU ARE JUST CONFUSE...GO AND ASK YOUR ELDERS THE QUESTION I ASKED YOU AND STOP BEING CUNNING.

THAT IS HOW THE DEVIL DECEIVED ADAM AND EVE WITH HALF TRUTH.... I HAND YOU OVER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: Is Jesus God? by saintmark88(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2017
Maamin:

Really! what again don't I understand?
You are coming out of the closet little by little...

You claim they are three distinct beings...with each not being the other, each distinct being is a God yet but one God. I think you are brainwashed.

God is beyond human comprehension, u don't understand the concept of three beings one God......I know, u can never employ human understanding to the tings of God......ask God to open ur !inds and hearts to see the truth.

Meanwhile ansa !y question if the Holy Spirit is a power or a force, how can he be lied to
Re: Is Jesus God? by saintmark88(m): 7:03am On Nov 09, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I, as a Jehovah's witness, do not come here to ding-dong. Whatever things are true and of serious concern we I will pay heed to it. You, the ridiculer quoting me, take win and leave. There is nothing to gain from a heated debate with a ridiculer. You are not reeling me into that darkness.

Now he wants to run............pls ansa my question bfre u go
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 7:15am On Nov 09, 2017
Well, if this message is referred to me then I am confused. We have been having a decent conversation and I didn't see this turn coming.
I have answered ALL your questions and I am yet to get your response to all the questions that I asked.
I do not need to run to my elders to respond to questions. There is no distinction in our religion. We are all running the same race. I do not see a question here that will shake my faith. I am not here to be shaken but to reason from the scriptures. I talk with people of all religions almost every day and I reason with people who are sincere with their questions and not antagonists who come for a ding-dong.
Are my answers unsatisfactory to you? Or do you have any issues with the Bible verses in my comments?

bloodofthelamb:
YOU ARE JUST CONFUSE...GO AND ASK YOUR ELDERS THE QUESTION I ASKED YOU AND STOP BEING CUNNING.
THAT IS HOW THE DEVIL DECEIVED ADAM AND EVE WITH HALF TRUTH.... I HAND YOU OVER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: Is Jesus God? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:53am On Nov 09, 2017
MY QUESTION IS A SIMPLE ONE... THE SCRIPTURE DID NOT LEAVE US IN THE DARK, CONCERNING HOW GOD{JEHOVAH} PRODUCED/CREATED/MADE ALL THINGS.

JEHOVAH NEVER MADE A PIN WITHOUT THE "WORD". IF YOU SAID JEHOVAH CREATED JESUS HIS WORD, TELL ME HOW?

IS THIS NOT SIMPLE? NOT TELLING ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT MY GOD AND FATHER.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 8:55am On Nov 09, 2017
saintmark88:

No Daniel was not worshipped why....verse 47 makes it clear who was worshipped
2) No he didn't need to because of the kings next statement in verse 47

Daniel 2:46-47
Then King Nebuchadnez′zar fell upon his face, and did homage to Daniel, and commanded that an offering and incense be offered up to him. 47 The king said to Daniel, “Truly, your God is God of gods and Lord of kings, and a revealer of mysteries, for you have been able to reveal this mystery.”
U have no basis for comparison, verse 47 has shown u that u r a lair, ur elders are lairs.

Meanwhile I have been answering ur questions, u all refused answering mine.... Shows u how much lies u all are

There's no basis for comparing Daniel and Jesus. Even Yahweh commanded that Jesus be worshipped.... Of shows how ignorant and desperate u r with this comparism.

Heb 1:6
And again, when God brings His firstborn into the world, He says: "Let all God's angels worship Him.

Hope u can see ur argument is floored

Buhahahahahaha grin . Is something wrong with your eyes or you have reading issues ?

Daniel 2:46

Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel

Worshipped who ? cc Saintmark88
Re: Is Jesus God? by CANTICLES: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2017
Jehovah God speaks in that verse, note the expression ' My reward is with me ' , Clearly it's Jehovah ( Hebrews 11:6 its Jehovah God that rewards those earnestly seeking him, Even Jehovah was the one that rewards Jesus Christ for his faith . Jehovah owns reward )

saintmark88:

You have not answered my question, u keep using wrong statement to dodge from it

Rev 22:12.......who spoke
Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 9:48am On Nov 09, 2017
saintmark88:

So the Holy spirit isn't a being..........if that's true, then y is it possible to lie against the Holly spirit

Throughout the Bible the Holy Spirit is spoken of in the Bible as being God’s divine power.

Many scriptures refer to the Holy Spirit as the power of God (Zechariah 4:6; Micah 3:cool. Paul told Timothy that it is the “spirit of...power and of love and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).

Luke 4:14 records that Jesus Christ began His ministry “in the power of the Spirit.” Luke 1:35 identifies the Holy Spirit with “the power of the Highest.” Speaking of the Holy Spirit, which would be given to His followers after His death, Jesus told them, “You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you...” (Acts 1:cool.

Peter relates how “God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, [and Jesus] went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him” (Acts 10:38). The Holy Spirit is here associated with the power by which God was with Him—the power through which Jesus Christ performed mighty miracles during His earthly, physical ministry.

The Holy Spirit is the very presence of God’s power actively working in His servants. The apostle Paul’s desire was that the members of the Church in Rome would “abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit,” in the same way that Jesus Christ had worked through him “in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God” (Romans 15:13, 19). Divine inspiration by the Spirit doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him” (Acts 10:38). The Holy Spirit is here associated with the power by which God was with Him—the power through which Jesus Christ performed mighty miracles during His earthly, physical ministry. The Holy Spirit is the very presence of God’s power actively working in His servants.

Now this is what you need to know. The Holy spirit is not God, but is rather a vital aspect of God..the agency, means or better yet divine force through which the Father and Christ both work. This Spirit is pure, righteous and truth.

Ananias and Sapphira lied to God and also to test the Spirit of the Lord” when you read to (verse 9). They did not trust the LORD, so they lied to the HOLY SPIRIT that was dwelling in the apostles and all of the others (Acts 5:4). Because of that, they both dropped dead and were buried (Acts 5:1-10).
The Holy Spirit is of God, that is..the power of God binding the apostles as one in accord. Ananias action was a break away from that Spirit. He lying to the Holy Spirit does not signify that the Holy Spirit is a person(being) or a form as another God. wink

I will elaborate further if u oblige on what the Holy Spirit is. wink
Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 10:30am On Nov 09, 2017
saintmark88:

God is beyond human comprehension, u don't understand the concept of three beings one God......I know, u can never employ human understanding to the tings of God......ask God to open ur !inds and hearts to see the truth.

Meanwhile ansa !y question if the Holy Spirit is a power or a force, how can he be lied to

The Holy Spirit is recorded all through the scripture many times been personified.

It is a common way in Greek literatures and letters that most animate and inanimate objects are assigned gender either masculine or feminine.

Take for example a country is termed as HER
Another example is in Proverbs chapter 8 where "wisdom" is personified.

1 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

2 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

And so on, if you read through that chapter..you will see that wisdom is pictured speaking as a person with the terms, I, She, Stand, Cry attributed in the description of wisdom.
Re: Is Jesus God? by CANTICLES: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Apart from Jesus, every other thing that Jehovah God made was through Christ.

" Apart from " is the correct translation of the greek word. " Choris " in John 1:3 , this is supported by Proverb 8:22 quoted for you by LovingJehovah which established that Jehovah produced Jesus as the beginning of his ways, So also Revelation 3:14 where the Son of God says he is God's beginning of Creation .

the scripture doesn't contradict, if he wasn't created .. he won't have been called " Son of God" , Created beings bear that title .

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2017
saintmark88:

Rev 22:12........who spoke

You really need to stop asking this question...In as much as I have answered you earlier on this Rev 22:12. you seem not to be satisfied or chose to ignore the truth.

Which makes you desperately here for the arguing to win the medal and not for the purpose of peaceful dialogue and reasoning together in the light of the gospel truth. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by saintmark88(m): 11:12am On Nov 09, 2017
Maamin:

You really need to stop asking this question...In as much as I have answered you earlier on this Rev 22:12. you seem not to be satisfied or chose to ignore the truth.

Which makes you desperately here for the arguing to win the medal and not for the purpose of peaceful dialogue and reasoning together in the light of the gospel truth. undecided

U didn't ansa shit......I gave me options n asked me to pick....is that how to ansa a question.....can't you see how I have been answering not trying to be smart with my ansas, hiving u ANSA's straight cos I knowvmy ANSA's r true......but u no, u prefer to ansa questions with questions, thinking u r smart
Re: Is Jesus God? by saintmark88(m): 11:15am On Nov 09, 2017
Maamin:

The Holy Spirit is recorded all through the scripture many times been personified.

It is a common way in Greek literatures and letters that most animate and inanimate objects are assigned gender either masculine or feminine.

Take for example a country is termed as HER
Another example is in Proverbs chapter 8 where "wisdom" is personified.

1 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

2 She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

And so on, if you read through that chapter..you will see that wisdom is pictured speaking as a person with the terms, I, She, Stand, Cry attributed in the description of wisdom.

So u r then implying the Holy Spirit is been personified these scriptures.

But can wisdom be lied to.....u have not answered that....how come wisdom has emotions, speak to people and they do as he says, can u fellowship with wisdom??

Going by that if the holy spirit is a force , will u also conviently say that evil spirits too are not beings but forces and wen they speak they r been personified
Re: Is Jesus God? by saintmark88(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2017
Maamin:

Throughout the Bible the Holy Spirit is spoken of in the Bible as being God’s divine power.

[b]Many scriptures refer to the Holy Spirit as the power of God (Zechariah 4:6; Micah 3:cool. Paul told Timothy that it is the “spirit of...power and of love and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). [\b]

Luke 4:14 records that Jesus Christ began His ministry “in the power of the Spirit.” Luke 1:35 identifies the Holy Spirit with “the power of the Highest.” Speaking of the Holy Spirit, which would be given to His followers after His death, Jesus told them, “You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you...” (Acts 1:cool.

Peter relates how “God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, [and Jesus] went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him” (Acts 10:38). The Holy Spirit is here associated with the power by which God was with Him—the power through which Jesus Christ performed mighty miracles during His earthly, physical ministry.

The Holy Spirit is the very presence of God’s power actively working in His servants. The apostle Paul’s desire was that the members of the Church in Rome would “abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit,” in the same way that Jesus Christ had worked through him “in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God” (Romans 15:13, 19). Divine inspiration by the Spirit doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him” (Acts 10:38). The Holy Spirit is here associated with the power by which God was with Him—the power through which Jesus Christ performed mighty miracles during His earthly, physical ministry. The Holy Spirit is the very presence of God’s power actively working in His servants.

Now this is what you need to know. The Holy spirit is not God, but is rather a vital aspect of God..the agency, means or better yet divine force through which the Father and Christ both work. This Spirit is pure, righteous and truth.

Ananias and Sapphira lied to God and also to test the Spirit of the Lord” when you read to (verse 9). They did not trust the LORD, so they lied to the HOLY SPIRIT that was dwelling in the apostles and all of the others (Acts 5:4). Because of that, they both dropped dead and were buried (Acts 5:1-10).
The Holy Spirit is of God, that is..the power of God binding the apostles as one in accord. Ananias action was a break away from that Spirit. He lying to the Holy Spirit does not signify that the Holy Spirit is a person(being) or a form as another God. wink

I will elaborate further if u oblige on what the Holy Spirit is. wink

Elaborate on your force teaching, show me were the Bible says its personified the person of the Holy Spirit, cos as far as I am concerned that is ur own crooked and heretic interpretation.

The Holy Spirit experience emotions, slights and injuries which energy does not.

Mt 12:31 "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit " (blaspheme energy?)
Heb 10:29 "and have insulted the Spirit" (insult energy?)
Acts 5:3 "You have lied unto the Holy Spirit " (lie to energy?)
Rom 15:30 "I urge you by the love of the Holy Spirit " (love energy?)
Eph 4:30 (Isa 63:10) "and do not grieve the Holy Spirit" (grieve energy?)

Plus can we also say that evil spirits are forces and not beings??

U just shot urself in the foot, wen u quoted this

[b]Many scriptures refer to the Holy Spirit as the power of God (Zechariah 4:6; Micah 3:cool. Paul told Timothy that it is the “spirit of...power and of love and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). [\b]

Can a force have a mind

Pls ansa all these questions
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 11:23am On Nov 09, 2017
If the Bible does not convince you, I wonder what will. Where else would you want me to get answers if not from the Bible? If you already knew about this why did the question pop up?
Below is your question:

IF YOU SAID JEHOVAH CREATED JESUS HIS WORD, TELL ME HOW?

I never said that Jehovah created Jesus, I only showed you a Bible verse where Jesus himself said that he was created by Jehovah. It is not my word. The Bible said it and I accepted it as the truth. Though, it is appropriate that I quote from the Bible so that it doesn't become my word against the Bible. You may read it again in Proverbs 8:22 "Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way,
The earliest of his achievements of long ago".

The question is, do you doubt Jesus or your Bible?

Just in case that is not sufficient, let us also read it from the book of Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation

You asked, 'through what WORD did Jehovah create Jesus? And I referred you to Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him.

I said, Jesus could have been created through the same voice that Jehovah used to proclaim the word in Luke 9:35

Is there something else that the Bible has to prove to you?

bloodofthelamb:
MY QUESTION IS A SIMPLE ONE... THE SCRIPTURE DID NOT LEAVE US IN THE DARK, CONCERNING HOW GOD{JEHOVAH} PRODUCED/CREATED/MADE ALL THINGS.

JEHOVAH NEVER MADE A PIN WITHOUT THE "WORD". IF YOU SAID JEHOVAH CREATED JESUS HIS WORD, TELL ME HOW?

IS THIS NOT SIMPLE? NOT TELLING ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT MY GOD AND FATHER.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Maamin(m): 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2017
saintmark88:

U didn't ansa shit......I gave me options n asked me to pick....is that how to ansa a question.....can't you see how I have been answering not trying to be smart with my ansas, hiving u ANSA's straight cos I knowvmy ANSA's r true......but u no, u prefer to ansa questions with questions, thinking u r smart

You want to know who is directly speaking in Rev 22:12 but that verse alone can not make it clear who is directly speaking if we don't read through the entire chapter 22 Down to that verse 12. Because everyone involved directly spoke to someone.

And I said...
And what direct statement of who? God, Jesus, Angel or John? Pick one

Verse 6 of that chapter 22 says..and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

God gave this revelation to Jesus to the angel and to John. Revelation chapter one clears your misunderstanding completely if we permit scripture to interpret itself Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Your tricky questions to drive home your point is the problem with you. It is ok when you are asking your tricky questions but is not Ok when the same logic is in turn used to answer you.

Which you demonstrated in Daniel 2:46 by boycotting that it was not Daniel that was worshipped by quickly using verse 47 to support your claim. forgetting that scripture always explain itself by scripture...Christ says the scripture can not be broken.

Now let me ask you the same type of your tricky question using just Daniel 2:46...who was worshipped?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

Shocking Predictions For 2016 By Joshua Iginla / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) / Pastor Obafemi Banigbe Resigns As A COZA Board Of Trustees Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.