Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage (1630 Views)

Love Guru: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? Should They Be? / Are african men Romantic or Just "Unaffectionate" / Are Nigerian Men Romantic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:15am On Mar 20, 2010
I ask because mine doesnt acknowldge birthdays, christmas, new year, valentines day , not that he needs to per se but what i mean is on days such like when nice gestures can be performed they pass by like a non event ALL THE TIME. My experience is once married all nice gestures go , or is that just me? and no im not a materialistic person at all i always believe the thought counts ,

so, in general are they romantic , ?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by ebonyz: 2:27am On Mar 20, 2010
I am sorry to ask but was your marriage an arranged marriage? i asked this because didnt u know he was like that before marrying him?

Oh i see, are u saying he used to acknowledge those dates b4 u got married?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:28am On Mar 20, 2010
no not at all - My experience is once married all nice gestures go - hes gone lazy in that regard thats what ive noticed
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by ebonyz: 2:33am On Mar 20, 2010
abi2008:

no not at all - My experience is once married all nice gestures go - hes gone lazy in that regard thats what ive noticed

Lol, u have said it all usually when people get married they tend to relax n become lazy.
why dont you try and do something for him on those dates maybe that might shake him up? undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:38am On Mar 20, 2010
seriously all my friends' hubbys do all sorts of romantic gestures for them we havent even been married 2 years , my wedding anniversary was a non event too , cry thats just mean shocked
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:41am On Mar 20, 2010
i have bought him lovely gifts, some very expensive he doesnt appreciate them at all and doesnt return the favour , its weird to me , one of his friends commented that because i was white did he have to be more romantic! thats always stuck in my head
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 20, 2010
ebonyz:

I am sorry to ask[b] but was your marriage an arranged marriage? i asked this because didnt u know he was like that before marrying him?[/b]

See how she dodged these questions? shes been dodging some questions too in the family section
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by ebonyz: 2:43am On Mar 20, 2010
abi2008:

i have bought him lovely gifts, some very expensive he doesnt appreciate them at all and doesnt return the favour , its weird to me , one of his friends commented that because i was white did he have to be more romantic! thats always stuck in my head

Im sorry, i dont get that part undecided

jennykadry:

See how she dodged these questions? shes been dodging some questions too in the family section

oh? undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:45am On Mar 20, 2010
jenny have you been drinking shocked
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:46am On Mar 20, 2010
no i didnt get that either i just thought of maybe nigerian men arent that romantic - i thought that at the time anyhow which is why i asked the question - i do recall my spouse was romantic much more so than now , oh well!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 20, 2010
No darling, i have not been drinking, just think you are one of those that had a good sex with a nigerian man and as usual enjoyed the styles and way he gave it to you, that the next thing that crossed your mind then was " Marry him and forever enjoy the sex"
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:47am On Mar 20, 2010
is it possible to be in two sections at any one time  grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by ebonyz: 2:50am On Mar 20, 2010
abi2008:

no i didnt get that either i just thought of maybe nigerian men arent that romantic - i thought that at the time anyhow which is why i asked the question - i do recall my spouse was romantic much more so than now , oh well!

Most Nigerian guys arent romantic.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 20, 2010
yes, same way its possible to used by a nigerian man the same way yours is using you, whats next? dump, same way he is going to dump you for his own pple(women), im i harsh? nope sweetheart im not
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:52am On Mar 20, 2010
enjoyed th intimacy and how he gave it to me  grin  hahahahahahaha darling im not talking about SEX romance is not all about the bedroom and why would a woman marry a man just because hes good in bed , sigh , i detect a bit of racism from you because of my colour
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:53am On Mar 20, 2010
jennny shame goodnight to you and all the best

*karma*
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 2:54am On Mar 20, 2010
thank you ebonyz for answering my question on point smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 20, 2010
call me whatever, but we've had issues with women coming on here cos their hubby did one thing or the other to them, like someone asked, did you not notice all these b4 you married him? could all these nagging be the reason why alot of the so called nigerian men leave you lot later for a fellow nigerian

Im going to speak my mind, pity im off to work soon, but i dont care if you call me a racist or not, but it is so obvious you are lying about a lot of things, cos questions have been asked about these marriage and you keep avoiding it? a marriage done in the states? where are his parents? no tangible answer

abeg go with your arranged marriage and suffer as much as you like
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 3:03am On Mar 20, 2010
Have a lovely day jenny im sure you got it coming right back at you
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 20, 2010
No honey, i looked before i leaped, Lucky me cool

Enjoy
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 3:14am On Mar 20, 2010
hes probably fat and short and ugly like you grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by chic2pimp(m): 6:50am On Mar 20, 2010
abi2008:

hes probably fat and short and ugly like you grin
OUCH!!!!!

That must hurt real Bad
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by ThePelican(m): 7:09am On Mar 20, 2010
The perspective with which a man remains romantic in a marriage depends on what the wife puts up. If the wife doesn't demonstrate that she still appreciates romance, most men won't budge. Weird but that's the truth. You will be surprised to see some married women not dressing sexy anymore because they believe they're married and should be confined to a certain dress code. What do you expect the husband in question to do when he sees another lady outside, all dressed up sexy?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by Chiesti: 8:11am On Mar 20, 2010
The pelican correct!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by midaskid(m): 11:04am On Mar 20, 2010
HAHAHAHA.

abi2008:

I ask because mine doesnt acknowldge birthdays, christmas, new year, valentines day ,  not that he needs to per se but what i mean is on days such like when nice gestures can be performed they pass by like a non event ALL THE TIME.  My experience is once married all nice gestures go ,  or is that just me?  and no im not a materialistic person at all i always believe the thought counts , 

so, in general are they romantic ,  ?   

HAHAHAHA! Not our fault we dey hustle. U don ever hear of austerity, na im be the Prime Minister 4 Nigeria. Face it if ur hubby buys a new ride una no dey go flex, promotion nko? All these occassions when u mention so u no no if ground no level? abeg free the guy the only thing u can do is try rekindling the old flame. Its still there somewhere if not e 4 no marry u!

ebonyz:

I am sorry to ask but was your marriage an arranged marriage? i asked this because didnt u know he was like that before marrying him?

Thats why he asked those questions. Since u married 4 love, u bam , nothing do u. If ur hubby is not making the right moves make them for him and u will c e go follow, e nor b guy? even my popsi self e dey understand code.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by abi2008: 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2010
hahahahaha the last comment from Jenny! I didnt know this forum could be so amusing , thats one very unhappy female shame , husband off eyeing up the white women ? the venom towards ww makes me chuckle grin

but yes thanks to all the other posters i have my own thoughts as to his behaviours hes been very stressed and by his own admission doesnt really DO gifts etc.

grin that post is hysterical jenny keep it coming with have to tell my girlfriends about you classic grin tho do hope youre not as verbal in real life orally other wise you get seriously bashed by not so nice people , tho suspect you are , will say a prayer for you that you see the error of your ways have a lovely day grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by shilling(f): 7:20am On Mar 21, 2010
abi2008:

I ask because mine doesnt acknowldge birthdays, christmas, new year, valentines day , not that he needs to per se but what i mean is on days such like when nice gestures can be performed they pass by like a non event ALL THE TIME. My experience is once married all nice gestures go , or is that just me? and no im not a materialistic person at all i always believe the thought counts ,

so, in general are they romantic , ?

Not speaking from personal experience, just what I've noticed from the Naija guys I know - they are NOT romantic. But, they remember birthdays, anniversaries and say "happy birthday", etc. . . rarely any gifts, maybe a card if you're lucky grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2010
Was he always this way, or only after you married? If he has always been this way, you cannot expect him to change it.
You married him knowing this. If he wasn't always this way, I think you need to talk to him about the change and how it affects you.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2010
Gosh, it looks like bagdad in here grin grin grin Cant we all just get along people? grin grin grin

I dont think Nigerian or African people are romantic. A card is even stretching it, you should be lucky if you get a vocal acknowledgment. grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by ayettymama(f): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2010
he poster is white

and her husband is either a scrub

or hes from the bushes

@op

unfortunately for u no- nigerian men are not natural romantics

i mean there mite be the few that watch alot of tv and can make sporadic gestures

but i wont count on u findin one!!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by mamagee3(f): 1:34am On Mar 26, 2010
Omg, Why all the bashing?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage by adetoru(f): 1:34am On Mar 26, 2010
Good to see you're still around
@topic,yes they are,my husband doesn't even wait for an event,he does little things like send me a really nice txt from work or buys a box of my fav chocolate or smth nice,just because.Hope I answered your question.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live Commentary: Traditional Wedding Between Xynerise & Skydeep. / Is This Enough Proof To Show That Girls Are Evil? / A Wifes Big Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.