Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? (13149 Views)

Poll: Vote for the player of the season:

Lionel Messi: 70% (120 votes)
Wayne Rooney: 29% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Drogba Vs Rooney: Who Is Better? / Who Has Been The Best Defender So Far In Premier League This 2009/10? / Martins Vs Rooney, Who Is The Best??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by dayokanu(m): 5:09am On Apr 07, 2010
Some people even said Messi doesnt score against English clubs but he score 4 last night

That he doesnt score from outside the box but the first goal vs Arsenal was a shot outside the box

He doesnt score headers but he scored one in the CL finals

What else??
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by Krayola(m): 7:26am On Apr 07, 2010
He doesn't give keepers torros?
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by zenus(m): 8:46am On Apr 07, 2010
This Messi is been compare to PS3 graphic
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by dayokanu(m): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2010
"I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Messi. Messi is a genius and he can become an even better player. His potential is limitless and I think he’s got everything it takes to become Argentina’s greatest player." - Diego Maradona

"Messi is one of my favourite players and one of the best ever." - Wayne Rooney

"His speed is astonishing. It’s amazing how he can go 1 to 100 in just one second. He is a step up above every other great footballer out there at the moment. Not only is he quick, determined, and extremely intelligent on the ball, but his movement off the ball is just as fantastic – unbelievable to sum it up in a word." - Carlos Tevez

"I have the possibility to watch Messi in training each morning and because of what he demonstrates he is the best player in the world." - Theirry Henry

"He's a unique player and he deserves it, because he can do things of almost imperceptible excellence and is a gem to watch." - Frank Rijkaard

"I see Maradona [in him] every time he grabs the ball and accelerates. We must protect him. I'd personally put him in a drawer of my bedside table" - Juan Sebastain Veron

"Put in the superlatives yourselves, I’m running out. It’s already been a while now that he has been outstanding. He’s more than decisive in every way. That he’s capable of doing everything that he does at his age is something impressive, that doesn’t make any sense." - Pep Guardiola

"Messi is out of this planet. He is so far ahead of the rest of the players playing right now, and I would say historically as well. There are not words to describe him." - Ossie Ardiles

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/Lionel-Messi-Special-Wayne-Rooney-Diego-Maradona-Thierry-Henry-and-football-s-biggest-names-pay-tribute-to-Messi-article383813.html
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by ritchboy(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2010
At this point, it would be fair to say the OP deserves the death penalty.

DK
I wonder if Sir Faglex Faggotson still thinks Ronaldo is "streets" ahead of Messi. . . What an oaf!
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by Sauron1: 2:10pm On Apr 07, 2010
ritchboy:

DK
I wonder if Sir Faglex Faggotson still thinks Ronaldo is "streets" ahead of Messi. . . What an oaf!

Stop talking like a fool.
As at the time Ferguson made that statement - Ronaldo was CLEARLY better than Messi.
Even Messi reaffirmed the statement himself saying Ronaldo was the better PLAYER.

Players rise and dip in form.
Messi's form is far superior now. There was a time this year that Rooney was the best in the world.
The OP is not stupid. . . . .You are the plonker.
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by ritchboy(m): 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2010
Sauron
you are a prime example of an irredeemable F00L.
Only a certified dimwit would say Ronaldo was "CLEARLY" better than Messi in the summer of 09.
Who is talking about form? Rooney would sacrifice Kai+Coleen to Zeus to possess half of Messi's ability without remorse.
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by Sauron1: 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
you are a prime example of an irredeemable F00L.
Only a certified dimwit would say Ronaldo was "CLEARLY" better than Messi in the summer of 09.
Who is talking about form? Rooney would sacrifice Kai+Coleen to Zeus to possess half of Messi's ability without remorse.

You are a buffoon.
Thierry Henry is Messi's team-mate and he also said Ronaldo was a better player.

In an interview with Record, the former English Premiership player explained his opinion:
“First of all, you have to take into account that Leo [Messi] and Cristiano Ronaldo are different players,”
“For sure they can play on any position from the midfield up, they both have extraordinary technique, but they are different, Henry stated.
“And, if Messi is scoring more goals nowadays, Ronaldo is a player that has scored more and topped the scoring charts last season.
Therefore, I have to recognise that Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Leo Messi.”

And even with all these talks, some school of thunks would even tell you Xavi/Iniesta are both better than Messi/Ronaldo.
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by ritchboy(m): 2:47pm On Apr 07, 2010
Sauron
your buffoonery stands out like bird sh.it on a black shoe.
A. Where in that quote did Henry say Ronaldo is the better player?
B. When was the comment made?
C. Henry = 1 man. I can quote a million people saying Messi shytes on Ronaldo.
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by eyoniggar(m): 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
your buffoonery stands out like bird sh.it on a black shoe.
A. Where in that quote did Henry say Ronaldo is the better player?
B. When was the comment made?
C. Henry = 1 man. I can quote a million people saying Messi shytes on Ronaldo.

Dou you have to debate with Sharon on an issue like this?

He loves to stir unnecessary debates which makes me think
"maybe" he hires a grammarian to type his usual
jaw breaking grammar here, while he projects the nonsense
to the grammarian to type.
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by ritchboy(m): 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2010
Sauron
you are nothing more than a run-of-the-mill mor0n masquerading as an unorthodox im.becile. . .
A. You just modified your post. . . Shameless!
B. Fergie is a complete idi0t for saying Ronaldo is "STREETS" ahead of Messi AFTER 08/09 season.
C. Messi's team-mates & manager have been saying he is the best player on earth since January 2009 or so.

P.S. The Paraga industry is booming grin grin
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by honeric01(m): 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2010
Messi's been good since 2005, got better 2006/2007, good extremely good 2007/2008, got to be excellently good 2008/2009, now the best 2009/2010, about to become a legend.
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by mystikal(m): 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
The poll says it all. Miles ahead too
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by drdree: 12:17am On Apr 09, 2010
y will u compare messi wit rooney,messi baba.
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by otokx(m): 8:34am On Apr 09, 2010
Messi
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by hustler(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2010
Why has this thread not been shut down 4 goal heroics aside. How dare the "author" of this compare Rooney to Messi for this season
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by homesteady(m): 1:46am On Dec 30, 2015
JESU!!! shocked shocked shocked This ought to be the highest form of blasphemy!
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by mathkid(m): 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
it is not arguable Messi is a world class player,who is Rooney.in fact I am hearing him 4 d 1st time.
Re: Messi Vs Rooney: Who Is Better For 2009/10 Season? by Isiterere(m): 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
EPL fans and English press are greatest mumu. comparing Rooney to Messi. Same hype on Bale. This is 2016;where is rooney? Messi left him, same spot he left Mikel Obi in 2005.

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Women's Champions League El Classico Sets New Attendance World Record of 91,553 / FA Cup: Man City Vs Man United (2 - 3) On 8th January 2012 / FA Cup: Southampton Vs Chelsea (1 - 5) On 5th January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.