Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu (27232 Views)

Pa Femi Okunnu And Retired Justice Oluwo Singing Their Former School Anthem / Lateef Femi Okunnu: It Is Rubbish For Ohanaeze To Ask For Slots In Lagos Cabinet / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

When they refer to him, do they call him Oba of Lagoss Island or Oba of Lagos? Simple question.
How many times do you want me to explain to you, Isale Eko is the Original Lagos the Portuguese named "Lagos". After Amalgamation, other parts of the Western region(Ikorodu,Epe,Ipaja,etc) was included to Lagos(eko) to form Lagos State. The other parts they included have their own Obas. But because that Area Akiolu controls is the Original place called Lagos that is why the name is still retained as Oba of Lagos. If you are familiar with Lagos, if someone from Ikeja is going to Idumota,Marina,Isale eko area he/she will tell you I am going to Lagos, is Ikeja not Lagos state? But that Area is the Original Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by laudate: 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

You made no point in this your rant
Calm your tits, for ur info I'm an Ijaw, and as long Lagos keeps benefiting from Niger delta Oil and one Nigeria, it will never be Yoruba land.
We all know people like you were born daft, and your comment just proved it. So Ondo state which is part of Yoruba land does not produce oil, right? Even though it is the 4th largest oil producing state in this nation? And just recently, it was reported that oil was drilled off the coast of Lagos. So your Ijaw claims do not hold water anymore. Educate yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
laudate:

We all know people like you were born daft, and your comment just proved it. So Ondo state which is part of Yoruba land does not produce oil, right? Even though it is the 4th largest oil producing state in this nation? And just recently, it was reported that oil was drilled off the coast of Lagos. So your Ijaw claims do not hold water anymore. Educate yourself.
Bros, how market na?
When do I get to marry that your fine sister? grin
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by laudate: 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
Odingo1:
From the history Lagos cannot be said to be a Yoruba land rather some part of it is a yoruba land, [/b]that is why Oba of Lagos said lagos is not a yoruba land. [b],Anybody saying that the entire lagos is a yoruba land is just dumb.
No, Lagos is Ibibio land and Wawa land. Don't you know? The way you people reason is so pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by diadem10: 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

So you dont know Eko is a bini word? Here is Lagos state governement portal accepting that the word "Eko" is a Bini word.

Oga if you dont know anything abeg dont mention me again abeg.

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/about-lagos/

Show me where it was stated that it's a Bini word.. You've really got comprehension issue. Lol.

That the people rallied for a Bini prince to help them fight against the neighbouring empire suddenly make the people Bini? Let me ask, did your ancestor eventually become a british because a British happened to rule them? Eko is a Yoruba word named by the People Oba Ado ruled in that era. They simply called for his help to help them fight against the empire warring against them and accepted him as their King. That had nothing to do with the whole of Bini folks when it was only one Bini man that came to rule Lagos island.

How come Ondo, Ogun folks that were closer to Bini are Yoruba? Lol. For your propaganda to have a basis, Ogun and Ondo would have to ceased to be Yoruba but Bini, or else, your propaganda is simply stupidity at its peak.

Moreover, only Lagos Island had a Bini King ruling over the Yorubas in that era and as you already know, a town doesn't make a whole region. Besides, Oba Ado's ancestral tree has already become Yoruba the moment his princess daughter married a Yoruba man who ascended the throne after his demise. Anyway, the point is if you and your ancestors never became a British because a British once ruled Nigeria, there's no way the people Oba Ado happened to rule in that era became Bini, just because Oba Ado was a Bini man!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by laudate: 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
Lagos belongs to the Benin Kingdom.

That's a fact the yorubas can never erase.

Thank you Oba Akinolu for saying the truth
No Bini man has come out to say that, or even tried to lay claims to Lagos. Stop flogging a dead horse.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

There is no such thing as unbiased, Everyone is biased by what they know, what they don’t know, and all of their life experiences.

You talked so confidently on what you don't know

Learn he is not the Oba of the whole Lagos state, before Eko bridge was built, Cater Bridge was built how did he rule over people on the other side of the Lagoon?, I mean people on the mainland. Though he is the Chairman Council of Obas in Lagos State just like the Alaafin is the Chairman of the council of Obas in Oyo state but he doesn't control Ibadan, Ibadan is under the Olubadan of Ibadan.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by laudate: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
toye440:
who told u they would require visa like u dont know them, wen it happens u will see CHUKWUDI converting to AYOMIDE. dey cant survive without d Yoruba's they know that.
I no fit laugh again..... cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by femolii: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

Time and chance bro time and chance.

We (North and South) are monitoring your moves in Lagos. If and when you make such moves that threatens the interest of other Nigerians in Lagos, that is when you'll realize that national politics is different from the sufferstication you guys indulge in as politics!
U are a fool we are waiting for that day in short u will see danger that day.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
PointB:

Time and chance bro time and chance.

We (North and South) are monitoring your moves in Lagos. If and when you make such moves that threatens the interest of other Nigerians in Lagos, that is when you'll realize that national politics is different from the sufferstication you guys indulge in as politics!
Gbam cheesy cheesy

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by diadem10: 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
SO your problem is tapa right?
Okay, Lagos belongs to Bini and Tapa people. Are you happy now? grin
I'm just astounded at your low comprehensive skills.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
laudate:

No Bini man has come out to say that, or even tried to lay claims to Lagos. Stop flogging a dead horse.
Am only stating facts..The yorubas should not try to change history. Shikena.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
diadem10:

Show me where it was stated that it's a Bini word.. You've really got comprehension issue. Lol.

That the people rallied for a Bini prince to help them fight against the neighbouring empire suddenly make the people Bini? Let me ask, did your ancestor eventually become a british because a British happened to rule them? Eko is a Yoruba word named by the People Oba Ado ruled in that era. They simply called for his help to help them fight against the empire warring against them and accepted him as their King. That had nothing to do with the whole of Bini folks when it was only one Bini man that came to rule Lagos island.

How come Ondo, Ogun folks that were closer to Bini are Yoruba? Lol. For your propaganda to have a basis, Ogun and Ondo would have to ceased to be Yoruba but Bini, or else, your propaganda is simply stupidity at its peak.

Moreover, only Lagos Island had a Bini King ruling over the Yorubas in that era and as you already know, a town doesn't make a whole region. Besides, Oba Ado's ancestral tree has already become Yoruba the moment his princess daughter married a Yoruba man who ascended the throne after his demise. Anyway, the point is if you and your ancestors never became a British because a British once ruled Nigeria, there's no way the people Oba Ado happened to rule in that era became Bini, just because Oba Ado was a Bini man!

You are right they don't even know Ondo and Ekiti were under the Benin Empire Pre-Colonial time, Oyo was under Alaafin towards Ilorin, only Ijebu was not conquered and was still under Awujale, Even the Romans once ruled over the British, they even gave them the name Britannia(Britain) does that make British Romans? Even Onitsha their first king was a Benin Prince does that make Onitsha for the Benin people. They don't know that's how Empire rule in those days.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

How many times do you want me to explain to you, Isale Eko is the Original Lagos the Portuguese named "Lagos". After Amalgamation, other parts of the Western region(Ikorodu,Epe,Ipaja,etc) was included to Lagos(eko) to form Lagos State. The other parts they included have their own Obas. But because that Area Akiolu controls is the Original place called Lagos that is why the name is still retained as Oba of Lagos. If you are familiar with Lagos, if someone from Ikeja is going to Idumota,Marina,Isale eko area he/she will tell you I am going to Lagos, is Ikeja not Lagos state? But that Area is the Original Lagos.

What are you explaining?

I asked a siimple question....Why is Oba Akiolu addressed as the Oba of Lagos? Why not Oba of Lagos Island? The media and everyone calls him Oba of Lagos, even the Ooni of ife refers to him as oba of Lagos not Oba of Lagos Island. Why is that so?

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
diadem10:

You are the one who has comprehension issues if you dont know the meaning of "Benin war-camp called “Eko” under Oba Orhogba, the Oba of Benin at the time" and concluded that yorubas continue to use the word "eko" which was called under Oba Orhogba to refer to lagos.

Like i said, dont quote me again if you dont know anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Lagos

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by designVATExcel: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
laudate:

Kabba is not part of Kwara state. Didn't you study geography in school?

I meant Kogi jare, old age is setting in. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
diadem10:

I'm just astounded at your low comprehensive skills.

You are the one who cant think...Why should I bother myself with tapa? Has the Oba of lagos or ooni or ife gone to pay homage or greetings to any tapa king? Shior
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by bakynes(m): 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

What are you explaining?

I asked a siimple question....Why is Oba Akiolu addressed as the Oba of Lagos? Why not Oba of Lagos Island? The media and everyone calls him Oba of Lagos, even the Ooni of ife refers to him as oba of Lagos not Oba of Lagos Island. Why is that so?
I can now concluded you don't read how many times do you want me to explain to you, the name cannot be Changed because that place he controls is the Original Lagos, that the Portuguese named Lagos. The entire State was named after that place, just like the entire Oyo state is named after Oyo town but there are other places that the Alaafin of Oyo doesn't control like Ibadan is under Olubadan of Ibadan.

If you have comprehension problem go and find solution to your problem oh!
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Alexus23: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
sarrki:

100% right

One of the worst bigot on this forum. You brought up this article with the sole purpose of creating a frontal attack on Igbos. The entire article did not mention Igbos in any form, but your prejudiced ewedu induced brain still finds a way to rope her in.

From Kanu, to IPOB/Biafra, your grunting grows louder by the day; you are gradually revealing your true state, that indeed, Kanu was not the problem, but your dislike and hatred for anything Igbo was the primary motivator to your, daily subtle recurrent, chauvinism against Igbos.
A blind supporter of anything evil, as long as it suits your agenda. But in all, your confused brain still kicks against the Igbos leaving your contraption in peace
Soulless patriotic bigot. angry
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

Learn he is not the Oba of the whole Lagos state, before Eko bridge was built, Cater Bridge was built how did he rule over people on the other side of the Lagoon?, I mean people on the mainland. Though he is the Chairman Council of Obas in Lagos State just like the Alaafin is the Chairman of the council of Obas in Oyo state but he doesn't control Ibadan, Ibadan is under the Olubadan of Ibadan.

That is what you failed to understand

All the likes of ogba ipaja ,agege mushin are all settlers

Lagos is Epe, Isale Eko, Badagry and ikorodu

Go back to history
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
bakynes:

I can now concluded you don't read how many times do you want me to explain to you, the name cannot be Changed because that place he controls is the Original Lagos, that the Portuguese named Lagos. The entire State was named after that place, just like the entire Oyo state is named after Oyo town but there are other places that the Alaafin of Oyo doesn't control like Ibadan is under Olubadan of Ibadan.

If you have comprehension problem to and find solution to your problem oh!
If we are going to use your analogy, that means ooni of ife has powers only in Ife town and not the entire south west....Abeg go and sleep, you have no point.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by femolii: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
Igbos want to die because of lagos matter big shame they should go n develop their lock region and make use of their condemed land so that they can be proud of it. they always surport anything against yorubas but their are fail already FG make a big mistake for not keeping them as slaves immediately after the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
Alexus23:

One of the worst bigot on this forum. You brought up this article with the sole purpose of creating a frontal attack on Igbos. The entire article did not mention Igbos in any form, but your prejudiced ewedu induced brain still finds a way to rope her in.

From Kanu, to IPOB/Biafra, your grunting grows louder by the day; you are gradually revealing your true state, that indeed, Kanu was not the problem, but your dislike and hatred for anything Igbo was the primary motivator to your, daily subtle recurrent, chauvinism against Igbos.
A blind supporter of anything evil, as long as it suits your agenda. But in all, your confused brain still kicks against the Igbos leaving your contraption in peace
Sarrki needs to repent and desist from tribal bigotry
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by diadem10: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
Am only stating facts..The yorubas should not try to change history. Shikena.

The only history that shouldn't be changed is the fact that Igala lands are in Anambra, Abia and Enugu. That can't be disputed.
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
Alexus23:

Auto running your mouth like a worn out tap
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
femolii:
Igbos want to die because of lagos matter big shame they should go n develop their lock region and make use of their condemed land so that they can be proud of it. they always surport anything against yorubas but their are fail already FG make a big mistake for not keeping them as slaves immediately after the civil war.
As usual, I am sure you are not a Lagosian
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
diadem10:

The only history that shouldn't be changed is the fact that Igala lands are in Anambra, Abia and Enugu. That can't be disputed.
Ok
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by TheKingIsHere: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
zenmaster:

As usual, I am sure you are not a Lagosian
Most of them are from osun state ooo, just like thiefnubuu grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
femolii:

You know history

God bless you
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Gotze1: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
[s]
PointB:

Yorubas in Lagos should go and conduct business with rest of the world in Yoruba, that is their business. Such retrogressive move for those who consider themselves progressive. A million sigidis erected in Lagos will not take Lagos back to the dark ages. Lagos is open for business; and we are here for business, you can continue with your sigidi business like Rochas is currently doing in Imo. Looks like APC is now synonymous with erections of statues. It must be paucity of developmental idea that triggers this missteps to the past. Or is it because of the ancestor we have a president?

By the way, I offer Yoruba classes for those who intend to descend to the abyss for tactical or strategic reason.
[/s]Rant of a chronic loser. If you like, offer tapa classes. Anyone that is so pain about how God has given us our land and region and our state of Lagos and what has happened inagos.Kindly visit the lovely site below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by Gotze1: 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
nengibo:

The fact dat yorubas always see the need to explain, shows that its a no mans land. Lagos is a no mans land, one Nigeria forever
Ok, is it not bini land again?
Re: Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu by sarrki(m): 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
diadem10:

Thank you for the awareness

A lot of them don't know

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Maduka Picks Obi Kenneth Ifeatu As His Running Mate (Pictures) / INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate / World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.