Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS (19123 Views)

Why Nigerians MUST Reject Israel's Attempt To Join ECOWAS / Breaking : Police Arrest Senator Dino Melaye On Morocco Bound Plane / Should Nigeria Grant Morroco's Request To Join ECOWAS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by blaqoracle: 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hewrittes:
this isnt what we should be talking about really.. this reps ehn
if these sets of lawmakers were subjected to exams, be rest assured, they will do worse than kaduna teachers.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by DeepSight(m): 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
DontForceUnity:

You are actually an economic illiterate who can't mention 2 disadvantages of Morocco being admitted.

I did already. You simply can read. Not my problem.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by cstr1000: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:

was our strength in production before??...when was that....??...tell me...because i dont remember...

our thing is agriculture nothing else...maybe oyel too...but oyel dont grow...its just there....
We actually produce, atleast compared to the rest of west Africa.
Even the agriculture you are talking about is mostly processed and semi-processed goods like dangote for instance.
Dangote will just open a factory in Morocco, close down his sugar business in Nigeria since it is far more expensive , and then import from morocco into Nigeria.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by DontForceUnity: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:

dont mind am....those that agree give reasons...they dont want to give their own reasons or they dont have real reasons...

Yoruba fear fear spirit has taken hold of peoples minds.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by tsdarkside(m): 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
cstr1000:

Even the agriculture you are talking about is mostly processed and semi-processed goods like dangote for instance.
Dangote will just open a factory in Morocco, close down his sugar business in Nigeria since it is far more expensive , and then import from morocco into Nigeria.

sorry...i dont think its more expensive to produce stuff in nigeria than in morocco....that cant be true...

1 Like

Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by DontForceUnity: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
cstr1000:

Have you factored in the cost of Transportation if he does that.?

Jonathan gave us 18hours of light.

Call back Prof Nnaji and Nebo to work out a solution and see this application work to favour everyone.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by DontForceUnity: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:

sorry...i dont think its more expensive to produce stuff in nigeria than in morocco....that cant be true...

Bring back Prof Nnaji and Nebo to fix our electricity problem just as they gave us 18hours of electricity during Jonathan's time and see production increase.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by tsdarkside(m): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
DontForceUnity:

Yoruba fear fear spirit has taken hold of peoples minds.

i dont understand their fear...they just want to stay lazy and keep the status quo...they know prices will drop dramaticaly when morocco open up their market to us....
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by DontForceUnity: 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:

CSTR1000 between Ghana and Nigeria, who has more electricity supply.?

If Ghana, why haven't they flooded our markets.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
cstr1000:

Actually there are concerns by the Nigerian private sector that Morocco is a front for the EU to implement the EPA trade deal that will cripple Nigeria's manufacturing forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOhZ_OYV_qc
Nigeria has the big brother of ECOWAS, shoukd summon other countries not to sign, if not we should pull out from the Union. We can't be financing them and being sabotaged by Morroco/EU.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by DontForceUnity: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
tsdarkside:

i dont understand their fear...they just want to stay lazy and keep the status quo...they know prices will drop dramaticaly when morocco open up their market to us....

If you repeat Jonathan's miracle in the power sector, production will increase and compete with any Moroccan product both in Morocco and Nigeria.

Nigerians are naturally scared.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by bolinjkezzy(m): 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
ogaJona:
Why are they reviewing their position in ECOWAS, what threat does Morocco pose. I'm not understanding
The same reason Kano pillars cannot play in the uefa champions league is why can't be allowed in ECOWAS
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by DontForceUnity: 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
CSTR1000 tsdarkside Blue3k

Ivory Coast and Ghana have more electricity supply than us, why haven't they flooded our Markets.?

Tell Morocco to cancel her trade agreements with Canada, US and EU before being accepted into ECOWAS.

Also, call back Prof Nnaji and Nebo to work on the power sector and repeat the miracle they did under Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by 360command: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
OK! My study so far about Morocco and Moroccans.. They are great investment partners with La Cote d'ivoire. As at 2014, only 2% of Morocco enterprise in Cote d'ivoire and now there are 22% of Morocco enterprise in Cote d'ivoire as at 2015 taking over France. Banks, Cement factorys and housing firms are all investing in Cote d'ivoire in a big way.

As an ivorian, you can enter morocco visa free and there are lots of ivorian in morocco hustling. There is even an agreement for ivorians studying in Morocco and they enjoy great scholarship.. Ivorians goes to school in morocco.. Even some ivorian artist collaboarates with Moroccan artist as well as ivorian artist shoots videos in morocco since France is much cost for them.

Of late, moroccans has started coming to ghana to invest, one sector I am aware of is the wood industry. Working under Moroccans is good as they pay you very well. Unlike working with your own Ghanaians where the pay is small but Moroccans have this view with regards to pay as they tend to pay you as how they pay their staff in morocco.. I am just trying to compare what it is like working for them and when working alongside your own national who owns a business. The Moroccans are not like the Lebanese where they are greedy when it comes to salary payments or treating workers but I will not hide this fact as they also see themselves as Superiors because of their skin color and been the boss so there are occasions where they can be rude..

Well, I think it will be a plus if they join ecowas but I can say to you that Nigeria will still impose restrictions of certain goods that pass through ecowas borders and ports even if Morocco joins ecowas..

Oh I forgot, Moroccans are stinking rich.. Omo, fear their wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by dlaw70(m): 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
I am not understanding.
Is morocco a west Africa country?

Which kind heavy longer throat be this.

Pls make una help a brother with a job,
I hold a degree in political science
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by 360command: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
To me, i believe the Moroccan king is becoming more smarter than many other african presidents as anywhere he goes, he comes with Moroccan investors who can help talk on financial investment and benefits.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2017
This shouldn't even be up for debate. Morocco is not in west Africa
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
hello and how r you doing? am temmy n love to be you ur friend. hope am welcomed

trustyshoess:
This shouldn't even be up for debate. Morocco is not in west Africa
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
Anybody with sense can see thru this BS from Morocco. Apart from the Sahrawi Rep/Western Sahara politics underlying this dishonest attempt to associate with West Africa, Moroccans want to brand themselves as the gateway for African business. West Africa-mostly due to Naija-is poised for great economic gains in industry. Casablanca finance City is being built for this purpose. That is their own Eko Atlantic. They understand that their cities have higher human devt index figures, educational, physical and health infrastructure and a better reputation among international circles than any West African city. So why not ingratiate themselves with west African leaders and make it look like they really wanna be part of the commune.

If we admit them we might as well gift them our everything. CFC already has a better reputation than Eko Atlantic and is catching up with Diagonal street in international rankings of financial centers. Please they should go and join their brothers in the middle East and stop trying to act like they care about the region. Pls has anyone on here flown royal air maroc before ? mtchew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by gwinaB(m): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
ogaJona:
Why are they reviewing their position in ECOWAS, what threat does Morocco pose. I'm not understanding

Morocco's acceptance into ECOWAS will reduce Nigeria's influence. Nigeria is currently the major financial of the body
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by gwinaB(m): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
360command:
OK! My study so far about Morocco and Moroccans.. They are great investment partners with La Cote d'ivoire. As at 2014, only 2% of Morocco enterprise in Cote d'ivoire and now there are 22% of Morocco enterprise in Cote d'ivoire as at 2015 taking over France. Banks, Cement factorys and housing firms are all investing in Cote d'ivoire in a big way.

As an ivorian, you can enter morocco visa free and there are lots of ivorian in morocco hustling. There is even an agreement for ivorians studying in Morocco and they enjoy great scholarship.. Ivorians goes to school in morocco.. Even some ivorian artist collaboarates with Moroccan artist as well as ivorian artist shoots videos in morocco since France is much cost for them.

Of late, moroccans has started coming to ghana to invest, one sector I am aware of is the wood industry. Working under Moroccans is good as they pay you very well. Unlike working with your own Ghanaians where the pay is small but Moroccans have this view with regards to pay as they tend to pay you as how they pay their staff in morocco.. I am just trying to compare what it is like working for them and when working alongside your own national who owns a business. The Moroccans are not like the Lebanese where they are greedy when it comes to salary payments or treating workers but I will not hide this fact as they also see themselves as Superiors because of their skin color and been the boss so there are occasions where they can be rude..

Well, I think it will be a plus if they join ecowas but I can say to you that Nigeria will still impose restrictions of certain goods that pass through ecowas borders and ports even if Morocco joins ecowas..

Oh I forgot, Moroccans are stinking rich.. Omo, fear their wealth.

All those investments you cited are geared majorly towards joining the ECOWAS. And then use it as a launching pad for their African ambition. This was same Morocco that refused to host the nations cup cos they said west African countries have Ebola.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by HomeOfMe(f): 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
austonclint:
Reps Convene Open Forum To Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS

Remeber That House of Representatives mandated its Committees on Foreign Relations and Regional Integration to undertake an appraisal of Nigeria’s membership of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) over speculation that Morocco will be admitted into the regional body.

The decision of the House was sequel to the adoption of a motion calling for a review of Nigeria’s membership of ECOWAS in view of the clamour to admit Morocco, sponsored by Bosun Oladele and five other members.

The House in stating it’s objection to ECOWAS admitting Morocco into its fold, said the move will be highly detrimental to the growth of Nigeria’s manufacturing sector.

on that note Reps Convene Open Forum today To Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWA ,

watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXifWNDNQc

cc:lalasticlala
It is called Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS) so Morocco has no business joining.
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by tsdarkside(m): 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
HomeOfMe:
It is called Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS) so Morocco has no business joining.

look...you are giving yourself too much headache online....is not that we common nigerians will vote over the matter anyways....

what you dont see is that ecowas is just a word....their are interests in this organization....i dont think those involved in it care about the word west africa in it...

their decision will depend on interests not about the word west africa....

2 Likes

Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by tsdarkside(m): 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
if una understood history una would see why its a good idea to add morroco too...

we have a long history with morocco....
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by tsdarkside(m): 6:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
una are confusing una sef because of the word west africa...middle east is africa too.....even spain was part of africa...

their are realy no clear lines where africa start or end....cultures matter,not geographical maps....
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by 360command: 7:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
gwinaB:

All those investments you cited are geared majorly towards joining the ECOWAS. And then use it as a launching pad for their African ambition. This was same Morocco that refused to host the nations cup cos they said west African countries have Ebola.
I understand you....
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by tsdarkside(m): 7:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
well...i only said what i think...i still think its a good idea....
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by martinosi: 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hewrittes:
this isnt what we should be talking about really.. this reps ehn

Yes this is what we should be talking about...grow up..your cant remain naive and short-sighted forever...

1 - Morrocco is Part of North Africa & Not West Africa

2 - The Lawyer at 1:32min Said it all, The EU is looking for a New Route to Influence the Economic Growth of West Africa Countries

3 - Morrocco wants to Control West Sahel and Ecowas States want it to be free so Morrocco wants to use access to its Economy to Seduce
West African States

4 - Morrocco is a 100% Islamic State and that will created Political Issues in Ecowas

5 - The War on Terror is still on and Morrocco being an Islamic state can see Extremist Elements Entering West African Politcs subliminally

6 - Morrocco will try and use the Light - Skin Oyibo looking card to try and use their Business Community to seduce and take over smaller
ecowas states economies

7 - The EU will use Morrocco as a Channel to influence West African Policy and could even Lead to Morrocco ending up as a Default voice
of Ecowas to the Internartional Community side-lining Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal and Côte d’Ivoire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXifWNDNQc
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by richeeyo(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
cstr1000:

Alliance to do what? Are you fighting a war?
Haha brother chill, war���
Somthing like economic alliance
Trade
Security, in terms of personel training
Sharing ideas
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by martinosi: 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
SaAbbas:
There's nothing wrong with Morocco's joining ECOWAS.

They are highly welcome

My friend stop talking sh***... if morocco can join then let Spain and South Africa Join...Oloshi!!!
Re: Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS by martinosi: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
ogaJona:

why do they want to join....what threat does your former girl-friend pose in wanting to live with you and your wife...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don't Protest Or Rally In My Name — Igboho Warns From Beninese Prison / Rivers Rally: PDP Asks Permission To Use Adokiye Stadium / FG Kick-starts Resuscitation Of Ajaokuta Steel Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.