Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (74133 Views)

Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road / Plz How Can I Get To Sierra Leone From Nigeria By Road And The Cost. / Passengers Injured As Bus Veers Off The Road And Lands Into A Ditch. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
360command:
omo you try ooo. You get mind. Some of my ivorian friends obtained ghana p thru your means but they were so good at speaking the local language so it was easier.. Kumasi passport office don cast.. Even when I dey do resident permit, omo dem tell me say, hope I kno wan travel with am..

Anyway, how you take do BNI matter cos if you dey apply for ghana p, 1 BNI officer go dey there as dem go dey interview if truly u b Ghana man ... Na d law b that...
the person wey carry me go na baddest grin grin grin
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
360command:
wow, you mean am! I left that line of work when some locals been steal our bags of sand.. Dem do us strong thing that year.. Boys were boys, no b say we b street but we were trying to profit and break even.. Also, boys left since school don finish.
cahii ieyaahh e no be easy oo.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by 360command: 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
Buhahaha just come with packs of raincoat cos dem body na quick snatch belle ooooo. u touch them once u become Daddy Kofi or FIFI's Dad
lol! U remind me of friends then in school. It seems those gh girls are so fertile, small thing na belle.. And them like to dey born woman.. The name Fifi sounds like a tadi name. Had a gh frd from tkd called Fifi.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
360command:
lol! U remind me of friends then in school. It seems those gh girls are so fertile, small thing na belle.. And them like to dey born woman.. The name Fifi sounds like a tadi name. Had a gh frd from tkd called Fifi.
u b bad guy, my kid na girl lol grin grin grin. and yes fifi na this region common name.

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by PHILipu1(m): 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
mikeapollo:

Keep deceiving yourself. Who told you that Lagos consumes the total electricity that the whole of Ghana uses?
Ghana today has installed capacity of close to 4000MW and Nigeria is struggling with 5000MW. Comparatively, Ghana is far ahead of Nigeria.
It is not about size or quantity. It is the quality that matters!
Quality as in how?
Take it or leave it.
What Lagos consume in a day in terms of electricity is enough to power the whole of Ghana for a day.

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by 360command: 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
offend ke lailai i got many helps on here too before i jet out years ago. bro any business u can do successful in naija will boom times 3 here in gh. cos things are high, you will start to know if u come here by bus especially ABC, you see people importing MILO, INDOMIN, SPAGGETTI, VIJU MILK, LACASERA, ELECTRONICS GUY HAVE A WAY OF BRINGING IN THEIR OWN STUFFS, BACK TO YOUR QUESTIONS YES THEY LOVE IT GHANIAN LOVE FOR ELECTRONICS USED OR NEW IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL, JUST UPGRADE YOUR SELF BY SELL THEM IN YOUR SHOPS THAN IN THE STREET LIKE MOST NAIJA GUYS. IMPORTING IS A GREAT DEAL AND GH CUSTOM SERVICE ARE THE BEST THEY WONT HOLD YOUR PACKAGE FOR 30MINS , I DO ENTER ACCRA WEEKLY TO CLEAR MY GOODS SOMETIMES THE CUSTOM OFFICERS BUY THEM THEMSELVES, I USE ARAMEX AND THEY SHIP FROM USA AOR ANY WHERE TO GH. THEY CHARGE LESS, LONDON USED ITEMS ARE COOL BRO. CHECK BELOW OF THE ITEMS DATE AND TIME THEY CLEAR IT PA PA PA FOR ME AND WITH NO STRESS NO AGENT NA OPERATION DO AM YOUR SELF.

Processing

In Transit

Delivered
From To Current Activity
Greenville
UNITED STATES
OHIO 45331 noeei30.37(a)
Accra
GHANA
Delivered
11/10/2017 1:06:00 PM
History
Where Your Shipment Has Been

Date Location Activity
10 Nov 2017
01:06 PM
Airport Office, Ghana
Documents Delivered to Consignee/Broker for Self Clearance & Delivery handed over doc to henry collinson
10 Nov 2017
09:50 AM
Airport Office, Ghana
Out for Delivery
10 Nov 2017
09:07 AM
Accra, Ghana
Consignee contacted to set delivery Address & Schedule -SMS Sent
09 Nov 2017
05:12 PM
Aramex ACC, Ghana
Held in Customs - Awaiting Duty and Tax Payment
02 Nov 2017
05:36 PM
New York, United States
Departed Operations facility – In Transit
02 Nov 2017
04:32 PM
New York Office, United States
Received at Origin Facility
25 Oct 2017
02:13 PM
pls what is the name of the shipping company they use in the USA? Is it via ship or air cargo you get your goods ( do u clear them at seaport or airport)
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by blackbeau1(f): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
hkidola00:
wotup,straight up,love ur assets, and I'm interested,I stay in Nigeria,tell me ur price ,just name it,den u can chose d place we meet,where u stay or where I stay,should I send my gmail if ur interested,hit me up
thanks but I'm not for sale tho.

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by blackbeau1(f): 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
benji93:

Naa, not true, "cheap as dirt!", tht's an exaggeration, the replacement of the old Ghanaian cedi did more harm than good, the currency depreciated drastically. Your stay in Ghana probably has not exceeded 2 years,na Koko and Kose you dey buy? Custom duties are relatively higher. The tariffs are almost doubled now, though it's normal that a stable supply of power should come at a cost.
I've been in ghana for 5yrs. And cheap as dirt in comparison to nigeria. And when I was talking about the currency, I was referring to naira
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by 360command: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
seunjungle1:
Pls which of these Africa countries I can go for living...am thinking of going to Cotonou or Benin Republic because of their deflation system? Am tired of inflation system in Nigeria.

If you have experience these two countries before, Pls, drop your comment on which of the country I can go to.

Thank you!
Cotonou is good based on their CFA. Food is cheap but I will suggest you enter for a visit.. Go to topa market.. See what they have..
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by 360command: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
well depends on your funds man. most of us chose electronics mine is importaing i supply churches and offices and most time buyer are there at the customs office ready to buy them from u, ive sold many TVs to custom boss here too. a friend of mine we met on NL here was doing great here with his mini club house. atleast there love for naija music will make him close bar by 11 pm at times and she making cool cash untill a friend of his told him grass is greener in Liberia now. he left my mistake was that i didnt buy the club lol i dont want him to think i should have advice him more than to buy it when hes regreting and he did all the selling of his assets and jet to Liberia. the rest is the story for another day. what ever you know how to do do it well. Ghana is not a place of fast money but most Nigerians riding Range today in Accra are not GEE BOYS infact there hard working guys made it pass, shoutout to my eastern brothers tho im from the west but forget it they kill it here. Omo Igbo wey dey see land come to Kasoa lol.
Liberia! I do not want to sound ignorant but liberia don't really have light, water, just like 9ja.. Still having issues with insecurity. 9ja, they love to explore.

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by benji93: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
blackbeau1:
I've been in ghana for 5yrs. And cheap as dirt in comparison to nigeria. And when I was talking about the currency, I was referring to naira
I realized you were talking about Nigeria regarding depreciation in recent times, but i was also talking about depreciation, inflation that that has always been , since 2007 when the Ghanaian currency denominations were changed.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by mikeapollo: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
PHILipu1:

Quality as in how?
Take it or leave it.
What Lagos consume in a day in terms of electricity is enough to power the whole of Ghana for a day.

Okay. Tell me what Lagos ''consumes'' in a day!
Tell me how Lagos ''consumes'' the electricity that it does not have!

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by cescky(m): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
innobarca:

GOD bless you bro, I have thought of it before but as a traveler I normally love to ask people already in the country questions to know how it works there.

One more question pls,How is shop rent?House rent?How much,
Per month,per year?agent and agreement like Naija?
I think I have to just come and look around first, What do u think?

U mailed me,

I cant see mails frm nairaland

Give me ur WhatsApp or Mail let me contact you
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by cescky(m): 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
wow what a small world. do u know i go my first goods in ghana ship through aramex office in spintex, Bluegate junction, but now aramex get office inside cargo section so we no longer come to spintex office again. wow thats lovely. naija shippers na shit dem all be, lost your goods with no apology, rude to customers like mad dem be. here man im enjoying what my country failed to offer me. grin grin grin

Ok

I go check them out
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Codes151(m): 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
Just the initial feeling of leaving nigeria!!. Biko..
Ghana has nothing too special...
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Promiseisaac(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
I Go Try Go Ghana
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Donsammi(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
Codes151:
Just the initial feeling of leaving nigeria!!. Biko..
Ghana has nothing too special...

nothing special?
they have good infrastructure, security, electricity

do we have this in Nigeria?

I do have steady light here in abj. infrastructure also.
but is it the whole of Nigeria?
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by hkidola00(m): 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
blackbeau1:
thanks but I'm not for sale tho.
of cos I ain't buying u..just two adult having fun..is ur pm active
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by effty(m): 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:
Every single road for Ghana is tied light is unlimited here grin

But they have poor network here
Tied ke?
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by innobarca(m): 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
cescky:

U mailed me,
I cant see mails frm nairaland
Give me ur WhatsApp or Mail let me contact you
My whatsapp below
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
360command:
pls what is the name of the shipping company they use in the USA? Is it via ship or air cargo you get your goods ( do u clear them at seaport or airport)
aramex sir. they partner with fedex so u get it quick in Gh airport sir
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by cutieme(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
No matter how you get to Ghana, you would humble yourself. You will see life in diffent angle and scope. wow i love this line, yes youre right many things change in my life when i came here, i dropped many things aand life has been good. Ghana will make u humble like a new born lol.
wow!What a transformation!,but hey this southern region u are talking of,i mean takoradi,how is life generally there?Is accomodation not too high there?I think this place sounds very interesting.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by AmuEwu: 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
innobarca:

Bro pls do not be offended,I have few questions to ask.
How is business of London used laptops and accessories move in Ghana?london usee laptops,laptop charger,hard drive,ram,processor and others?
How much is shop/house rent ?
How about importing from China in small quantities to test the market?
Note...... I am into London used laptops and accessories and some sellers do send laptops sometimes to their Ghana contacts.

Thanks Bro.

Just came online.. I'll get back to you
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by henrygentle: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
360command:
good for you.. Nigerians are everywhere.. I remember when I came in for studies, I was with my 9ja friends who were doing engineering at knust where we all contributed money to go into galamsey.. We got to a village in ashanti region, shocked to see Nigerians indulge in galamsey in that village... (note : we don't dig but pay locals to dig).. The Chinese are the bigger boys when it comes galamsey..

What is Galamsey?
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Princedan50: 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
henrygentle:

What is Galamsey?
galamsey is a Ghana local parlance/slang for illegal small scale gold mining. In tadi we call them galamseyers.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by DaHrNn(m): 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
emmygzy:

Bros how far. Are you schooling in Ghana or what.

I work here... I do wallpapers, 3D Panels,Murals which is a monopoly market here for European standard wallpapers...
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Seaworthy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
I'm of the opinion that Ghanaians are special human being. You need to be there and see how free, comfortable, special, welcomed, happy mind, change of mind about lots of things as you have as a foreigner. You would feel like your father and mother owns the land.

Have never seen Ghanaians fight throughout my stay. Have visited many places.

Ghana is a land of honor, peace, love, respect, and sanity rules them all.

Dress well like one from a good home if you are going to Ghana. Be neat and learn to respect people.
They won't just start hating you unnecessarily.

It is in Ghana you Will get to know that there are things we do here that are not normal.

Let the Ghanaians reading this be proud. You have a great Nation.

I'm yet to pour my mind.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by FroshJaynex(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
I dey Ghana too. Abeg Holla make we chill out do night � �
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by PERFECT2(m): 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
bizhop01:

No visa,you only need ecowas card
Where can I get ecowas card?
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Samseli(m): 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Codes151(m): 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2017
Donsammi:

nothing special?
they have good infrastructure, security, electricity

do we have this in Nigeria?

I do have steady light here in abj. infrastructure also.
but is it the whole of Nigeria?
i have lived a long time in Ghana.. more than 5years! The steady light they have is powered by okosombo dam(that’s if I got the spelling) till after the overload and stuff the had to bring inadditional support from Swiss and all this for Accra n Kumasi... yea yea yea!!

Truth is, all this can’t even power Lagos, talk more of nigeria!! If nigeria was as small as gh!! This little one we have will power everywhere and change will remain!

Another truth is, even in the next 5years, we won’t have constant light.. sorry
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by 360command: 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
aramex sir. they partner with fedex so u get it quick in Gh airport sir
thank you so much, you hace been helpful no this forum.. God bless you,continue to keep your heart open.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport / World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.