Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (103171 Views)

Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. / Sweet And Secret Valentine By Rose Chibimobim Akpabio (seductive And Exciting) / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2018

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2018

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
It has been a long ride friends, get ready for the FINAL episode.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by bimberry1307(f): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
Angelsss:

can't wait o. thanks for this wonderful update.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Pearl05(f): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2018
Angelsss:

Thanks . Your update is usually worth the wait. You can rough handle us with lonnnnnnnng update ma.

It's indeed a beautiful story.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2018
You have done a great work ma'am, waiting for more
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Otuosowo(f): 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
kukuma kill me with suspense, thanks for the lengthy updates. pls will u be kind enough to tell us precisely when to expect another update so we can start counting down?
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Arom21(f): 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
Great work... Much respect. God bless you with more wisdom and knowledge and the hands in which you right. You are simply amazing
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Taduma1(f): 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
Aunt Rose I no go lie you this your story touché the inner me, putting my very self in nmayen shoes,really know how it feels like . Safe for saving grace.

2 Likes

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by arinze3131(m): 7:20am On Apr 10, 2018
tanx for d update ma'am. God bless U
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by nikz(f): 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
All I can say is wow! Wow!! Wow!!!
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by donsamtex(m): 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
I've been following for quite some time Now, never a dull moment with you.
You have the gift of writing, keep it up!!
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by princessadeola(f): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
Enjoying it.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by emmytemmy: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Great work here. God bless u dear
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by honourable356(m): 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
Angelsss:
He sigh...
Unarguably the queen of short captivating stories here on Nairaland by a distance.
A proven writer to the core.
You sure know what you are doing!

Was I surprised??
I would have been if I have never read any of her stories before..

With great admiration,i read on..
Just four words escaped my mouth

I need your contact!

You have done well, no doubt.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by PreshyG(f): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
Ouchhhh! Weldon OP, can't wait for the final episode.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 1:52am On Apr 12, 2018
honourable356:
He sigh...
Unarguably the queen of short captivating stories here on Nairaland by a distance.
A proven writer to the core.
You sure know what you are doing!

Was I surprised??
I would have been if I have never read any of her stories before..

With great admiration,i read on..
Just four words escaped my mouth

I need your contact!

You have done well, no doubt.

wow...you flatter me.
aishayasmina@yahoo.com contact me.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 1:53am On Apr 12, 2018
I will find time and respond these beautiful comments.

1 Like

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
‘Looks like there’s magic and love in the air.’ Lila giggled as they both strode out.
The room was for them now, them alone.
‘You called last night?’ Damola found it difficult to take his eyes off her.
‘Yes, I was unsure but I called.’ She nodded.

‘Listen Mma, I am...’
‘Sh...’ she rushed towards him and placed a finger on his lips.
‘I am the one who overreacted. I ashamed of the way I acted. I am sorry darling...’ she smiled, her cheeks showed off her dimples.
He felt flattered by her words of endearment, this was hard to believe, it was surreal.
‘I mean it Damola. What your parents did was bad, but we all forgot what my father did to your mother, he ravaged her, he took her without her consent. Everybody sinned. I aborted some of my children. No one is righteous, no one is perfect and that is the reason I am here.’ Mmayen took his hands and looked into his eyes.

‘Love is the only way...love is redemption. Love takes away all fears, it replaces our doubts with naked peace.’ She continued.
He was greatly marvelled, not by her enchanting beauty, not the words of her adulation of him but the wisdom that flowed from her veins. His love only grew.
Now she had mentioned it, he felt horrible that he had abandoned his mother. No one had asked her about the pain from the rape experience, but they’d been so quick to cast their stones.
‘I am so sorry’ Damola fell to his knees.
He was sorry for what his parents did, sorry for abandoning his mother too.
‘I accept your apology and that of your parents. I have forgiven them and so must you...that is if you love me’ she quickly added.
‘You are a beautiful woman inside out, your heart is gold and your soul is diamond.’ Damola was mesmerized; he couldn’t help but shower her with sweet words.
‘I love you.’ He concluded on his feet.
‘Lila...’ Mmayen licked her lips not knowing how to say it.
‘Yes, what did Lila do?’ Damola’s brows came together.
‘Never mind, do you have a woman in your life?’ Mmayen asked.
Damola chuckled, what in God’s name had his mischievous little sister told Mma? Denzel had warned him about sending her to spy Mmayen, but he’d refused to listen.

‘Yes.’ Damola moved closer to her, cupping her face with his palms.
‘Really?’ Mmayen felt her heart skip as she stared into his handsome face. She was overwhelmed by his strong arms, his taut muscles and his clean smell.
‘I have loved her since we were kids. She is a very special person. She is kind, loving and meek and that is why I love her.’ Damola answered.
Her heart raced as she looked deeper into his eyes, he loved her, and she could feel it right inside her. His lips were moving, but she was not paying attention to the words that danced out of it. She didn’t listen to the proclamation of his love. All she cared for was his lips, she wanted to kiss the man that made her love herself, that broke down the walls she had built and redeemed her.
Slowly, their faces came together and their lips fastened, this was going to be their first kiss.
He loved the taste of her mouth, it fitted perfectly with his as he took control of the kiss, as he showed her the way to paradise.
She loved the way his tongue danced on hers; the way his hands moved over her hair, she could drown in this love for eternity.
His hands found the ribbon that held her long hair captive, he released it, her brown hair cascaded to her shoulders and their kiss was broken.
‘You are adorable Mma, any man that cannot see this is a lunatic.’ Damola caressed her hair gently.
‘You are really handsome too.’ She winked and they both laughed.
‘I love you.’ He whispered into her ears.
‘I love you too.’ Mmayen was sure of this.
‘I didn’t come alone...’ she pulled away from him; she walked briskly to the door and pulled it open.
‘Damola!’ Eniola rushed in and threw herself on the floor, crying and begging her son for forgiveness.
The other two who’d been watching the lovers secretly, who’d listened to everything that had been discussed, had made up their mind to let the past go. Slowly, they crept out of their hiding place.
This is how their reconciliation story began...
‘Get up mother; we should be the one apologizing to you. We are deeply ashamed of our actions.’ Damola knelt close to his mother.
‘What?’ The Chief exchanged glares with his wife. What had enacted a change in their children?
‘I am sorry, I started it all. I don’t regret discovering the truth, but I regret the way I went about it.’ Lila fell to her knees with Denzel joining her.

Only one person had the right to stand, the Chief fell on his knees, to the marble floor which swallowed his age long pride.
‘Thank you for forgiving us children.’ The chief had finally found his freedom.
‘Thank you...’ Eniola sobbed.
Now it was time, for what was most important.
Mmayen watched the scene tearfully, she couldn’t help it.
‘My family has wronged you Mma, I know you have forgiven us, but forgiveness does not take away pain. You can do whatever you like with the company. It is yours, take it...’ the chief said to her.
Tears streamed down her face, she sobbed like a little baby, but the advice of her friends was what she took to her heart at the end of the day.
‘I know you took what belonged to my father, but he was not a good man. He raped and molested people; maybe death by fire was a suitable punishment. I only weep for my mother. But I have gotten past that, I don’t know much about running a company, but I would love just 20% to be offered to me. Though you started with my father’s works, what you have now is beyond what he did. I will be happy if Damola can grant me this favour.’
The room was quiet, never in their lives had they seen a modest person like Mmayen.
‘He was right after all.’ Lila whispered to Denzel, obviously they didn’t know Mmayen the way they’d thought they did. From what they saw, she was an object of perfection.
‘Here is what my lawyers drafted.’ She took out a paper from her purse and handed it to him.
Damola’s eyes scanned the written words briefly; he quickly took out a pen from his pocket and signed, still stunned by her behaviour.
‘I love you.’ He rose to his feet and hugged her.
‘I love you too...’ she smiled.
With his palms, he wiped her tears away. He hated to see her cry, so he became ripe with a promise.
‘If you stop crying, I will marry you.’
Mmayen laughed, she knew it was too early to talk marriage, but she her faith was strong that she would end up with this man.
‘I will never break your heart.’ Damola enveloped her in his arms.
‘I know.’ She nodded.
For she was the heart, he was the drum.
‘Can I kiss you again?’ His voice was low, really seductive.
‘I am all yours.’ Mmayen smiled.
Their hearts where bound together, their lips were meant for each other, love came down, hate ascended. Mmayen had found him that was destined for her.
Loving him was going to be easy, effortless; it would pour out naturally from the fountain of her soul, because he was the right man for her.
The Chief and the rest of his children cheered and clapped their hands as Mmayen and Damola bore witness to their love for each other.
___EPILOGUE____

The songs, whispers and cries of the early morning bird roused his from sleep. It was a beautiful Saturday morning and his wedding to the love of his life was to come in a few hours time.
The sun had never shone brighter; the wind had never called milder; she was gentle as she journeyed through the atmosphere, she was kind as she swept autumn leaves from one spot to the other.
‘Phew’ he let out a sigh and got out of bed.
The house felt empty without Mmayen in sight; she was somewhere else preparing for the grand ceremony.
He found himself ready for those things. He had fallen in love with a powerful and kind woman, who had been patient with him and tolerated his weakness.
For that, he owed her a lot.
Love had found him. Love had clung to him. Love had become his mistress and he would never let her go.
He couldn’t remember the last time he prayed to God or went to church; but he found his lips moving as he offered a silent prayer from the depth of his heart.
His prayer was one of gratitude. As he took stock of his life, he realized that he had been immensely blessed to have Mmayen in his life. She had opened up the door to better things and more was to come in future.
He prayed that their love lasted and stood the test of time. He prayed that their marriage would be blissful and happy and the children they would have would grow up in an atmosphere of love and joy.
‘What’s up bro? Not yet ready?’ Denzel had come to fetch him.
‘Coming’ he burrowed into his clothes once he stepped out of the bathroom. He wore a black suit and a tie. He hoped he looked good enough for his bride.

‘How do I look’? He flashed his brother a grin as he stepped out.
‘Like the groom. I am proud of you bro. You are a happy man and that all what matters most in a man’s life. Don’t you ever forget that, happiness is what matters the most. You should be thankful for that’ Malcolm said to him.
‘I am, I promise you, I am’ he nodded.
Together, they left for the church. It was time to seal the love he shared with her.

The Cathedral of Faith was a flood of guests who came to witness the holy matrimony of Mmayen Brown and Damola Oluwatosin. It was crowded with people, especially men and women of Blue Blood. It was a state wedding.

People were already seated as he walked in; her extended family scattered like sands were the majority of the people who came.
‘You look handsome Bro’ Lila took a shot of him.
‘Thanks sis’ he grinned and walked up front.
He took a deep breath as the pianists fingered the keyboard and released a sweet melody; melody that was so beautiful and he wished it could play forever. He wanted his life and marriage to be filled with such sweetness that emanated from the keyboard.
He swallowed as Tolu stepped in first; she looked so beautiful in her white lacy gown.
She carried a bouquet of flowers. She was simply adorable. He couldn’t help but stare; she smiled as their eyes met.
His heart raced as the veiled figure followed closely behind Tolu stepped in. She walked into the church with grace; though her face had been slightly hidden from him, he had a feeling that she was extremely beautiful.
‘It is time for the couple to take their vows’ the old priest announced.

‘Is there anyone who objects to this union? Who feels that these two should not be joined together?’
The Cathedral was silent at first, then there was an uproar as Ifedayo rose to his feet and marched confidently to the pulpit.
‘Jesus...what is he doing here?’ Mmayen almost went wild with worry.
‘Calm down baby, let’s hear him out’ Damola whispered to her.

‘Who are you young man and why do you object to this union?’ The priest asked.
An usher quickly brought him a microphone, Ifedayo’s heart thudded fast against his chest as he stared into Mmayen’s face. She was so perfect, too perfect for him.
‘I wrote a letter of apology that I’d wanted to offer to her, but I changed my mind. I want to do it in person.’ He announced.

He fell to his knees, ‘I am sorry Mmayen, I am sorry for everything I did to you, please forgive me.’
Mmayen sighed with relief; she had thought he had come to ruin her happiness.
‘You are forgiven, just leave, I can’t wait to be with my man.’ She said to him.
‘Just like that?’ Ife found this hard to believe.
‘Oh come on, you are not that important.’ She replied.
He was about to say more, to thank her for her forgiveness, when the ushers grabbed him by the shoulders and took him out of the Cathedral.
The crowd applauded not just the action, but Mmayen’s words to him.
The Priest cleared his throat and held tightly to his microphone once more.
‘Are you ready for this’? Damola winked at her.
‘If I weren’t, I wouldn’t be here’ she chuckled.
Together, they moved to the altar and stood there face to face and exchanged their vows.
‘Do you have anything else to say at this point’? The priest asked.
‘No’ he signed.
‘No’ she returned.
‘Then it is time to unveil your bride. Seal this marriage with a kiss as I declare you both man and wife’ the priest instructed.
In a swift move, he raised her face up, her chestnut eyes had been rimmed with eyeliner, they looked even sexier.
‘You’re so beautiful sweetheart, I cannot wait for our honeymoon’ he whispered, biting her ears gently.
‘You’re such a naughty boy’ her lips parted and she smiled.
He stared at her one more time before sealing his love with a kiss. They had both found love. They were soul mates and nothing would tear them apart.
Love conquered all, it reigned supreme.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by mercyymai(f): 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
Wow!!!!! Thanks for completing the story. More ink to ur pen.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
Wow! Thanks for completing the story.. More Grace
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by PreshyG(f): 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
What a beautiful story! Weldone Rose.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by marychommy(f): 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
it worth the waiting. finally am so happy d way it ended
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by splendidiva(f): 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
tanks dear may God reward u.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by bimbotua(f): 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
wowwwwwwwwwww!!!! This is so beautiful and romantic Thank you dearie...I love you!
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by citas(f): 8:17pm On Apr 13, 2018
this is superb, short and straight to the point.
more ink to your pen and more graces to you dear.
thanks
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by cbella(f): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2018
Finally! Thank you for this beautiful story. It was amazing and beautiful.
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by GeoSilYe(f): 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
Yeeee finally kiss
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by AndyGlobal: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2018
[b][/b]
Thanks so much dear
You're dah bomb we luv uuu
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by AndyGlobal: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2018
Thanks so much dear
You're dah bomb we luv uuu
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by Mc6xty(m): 10:19am On Apr 14, 2018
thanks for ds wonderful captivating story, more inspiration fall on u
Re: A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio by bimberry1307(f): 11:30am On Apr 14, 2018
thank sweetie, for this wonderful piece. really enjoyed it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Undecided / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.