Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (29768 Views)

Work Advice Needed For My Parent. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sir, if you have not heard from God to pastor a church, pls make your father understand that God did not call with to pastor his church. Politely make him understand you have not heard from God. You see thats why some people view church as a means of making money. You can be working in your company and serve your God faithfully. The work that gladens your heart and makes you fulfilled is your ministry, while you are there as a minister. it is not limited to pulpit.

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:
Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I am a guy of 30 years of age who graduated with BA Degree last year. I couldn't go for youth service because of my age. So I decided to get myself an apartment and started hustling and hunting for job. I recently got a job which promise a great future even though the pay at the moment is not much. I also have a girlfriend who school in one of the federal polytechnics. My father is a Pastor, pastoring a small church in the same state I live.

Now the issue at hand is that my father wants me to leave my apartment and move back home (until probably when I am ripe for marriage I guess). He has been on this for quite sometime of which I told him I can't move back home with them at my age and moreover, its a rented apartment (My parents never build house).

Today, he dropped a bomb. He commanded me to pack all my things and move back home to come and help him with d church within 7 days else, he will see to it that I am sacked from my new work in one way or the other and also threaten to pray to God to make my girlfriend jilt me (coz she is one of d reasons why I don't want to move back home according to him).

I don't want to move back home at my age. I always pray against it as I see such act as pointing to a backward step in my life. I have managed to setup my apartment to taste and also aiming to marry my present girlfriend.

Do I yield to my father's "come back home" instruction or do I stand on my decision not to? PLEASE ADVISE.
bro, do what you feel you should as a man. God knows you re making moved to better your life. If he wanted you to do his work on earth, he will find other means to get you to do it. Let me point it out to you that God 'will not' answer the prayers of your father to bring you down. You have done nothing wrong and God cannot punish you for following your heart while doing things right. God doesn't oppress. Your dad wants to oppress you and I can beat my chest and say God is not a party to that. If your father succeeds in making you lose your job, it is because a better job is waiting by the corner for you.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by lazygal: 7:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
modelmike7:
........Abroad, the parents chase you out when you are done with school (perhaps at the age of 22 or thereabout) in my country, they call you to come back home to live at 30 years and over.
different folks!!

Am not teyng o insult parents but honestly sne are very selfish they personally didn't do that for their parents and would not have accepted yet a lot want their daughters and sons to cone and be taking care of them

Yes we are t respect our parents but that is not excuse to be this way
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Okay ma. Thank you so much for this

Hmm You dont know where u stand, even a female nairalander command and you "Ok Ma". Go and talk with your father to know his reason. I can not stay with my parents at 30 though.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by olumidedvd(m): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
Bros, you gotta pray concerning this and ask your father what he saw that made him insist you must come home. But pray and let God direct you, if it is against God's will, please don't go, and let your father pray for your suspension at work, God will do a better one for you.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by datizy(f): 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hmm. Bros that's a serious set back o. Don't yield to their request. You might regret it. You are well matured to take decisions for yourself. Time waits for no one o
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
Listen to your father. Please move out on your 50th birthday.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Kingsron(m): 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
I think you should do partial co habitation, spend workdays in your apartment and weekends with your parents. Hope this works.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by sinceraconcept(m): 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
modelmike7:
........Abroad, the parents chase you out when you are done with school (perhaps at the age of 22 or thereabout) in my country, they call you to come back home to live at 30 years and over.
different folks!!
which parent is chasing you out at 22 abroad? bad parents? we know how it goes joor,you probably hang around with maybe jobless guys. if a guy is focused and lives with his parents,then......
the likes of Bill Gates startes their Microsoft at their garage
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:
Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I am a guy of 30 years of age who graduated with BA Degree last year. I couldn't go for youth service because of my age. So I decided to get myself an apartment and started hustling and hunting for job. I recently got a job which promise a great future even though the pay at the moment is not much. I also have a girlfriend who school in one of the federal polytechnics. My father is a Pastor, pastoring a small church in the same state I live.

Now the issue at hand is that my father wants me to leave my apartment and move back home (until probably when I am ripe for marriage I guess). He has been on this for quite sometime of which I told him I can't move back home with them at my age and moreover, its a rented apartment (My parents never build house).

Today, he dropped a bomb. He commanded me to pack all my things and move back home to come and help him with d church within 7 days else, he will see to it that I am sacked from my new work in one way or the other and also threaten to pray to God to make my girlfriend jilt me (coz she is one of d reasons why I don't want to move back home according to him).

I don't want to move back home at my age. I always pray against it as I see such act as pointing to a backward step in my life. I have managed to setup my apartment to taste and also aiming to marry my present girlfriend.

Do I yield to my father's "come back home" instruction or do I stand on my decision not to? PLEASE ADVISE.

wow this is a serious one,your father is your earthly authority you have to obey him,yea does things he said one way can happen......but let me ask you have you ask God about your purpose?i believe this issue should better be settle with God,you need to hear him speak to you,forgive anybody insulting you that you are a man and you should have a say of your own,that might not be a lie but then again we are talking about your father,retain your house go to him have a serious talk with him but before you go talk to GOD.
remember 'when a father fights his son he loses his honor,but when a child fights his father he loses his life'
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Kinolas(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
T
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Mrjo(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Okay ma. Thank you so much for this
do they have enough rooms to accomodate u? If, no. Find someone he can listen to talk to him. Dont mind all these point blank no they are adviceing here. Your father loves you.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Boyooosa(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Don't disobey your dad o, curse runs faster than prayer. And by the time u lose ur job and gf, you will worthless to him or anyone. Don't let scatter your future unnecessarily, go and meet him, let him understand your plight, convince him as much as u can, carry your family members that he has respect for but never go back home if your job is dependable, afterall, you can still be hqlpful to his missionary while u work.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
AND SO IT ENDS HERE

Summary of it all by

Professor Miganigal
professor of human psychology......

Dear writer,

First you have erred my bringing this issues on social media which whatever u get here will not reflect a true advice and which i can confidently prove that you didnt consult any elder and have not exhausted options of seeking nearby advice before coming to social media.......guilty

Secondly, is does not matter how u started but how u end it- henry wordsworth
My dear at 30 decisions should have abound in ur brains

Thirdly is not within anyones power to tell u whether to move back or not.......i can only give such advise to a juvenile

Fourthly your father is not asking u to come back but father knows his son,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,proved

Fifthly you are as guilty as ur father for bringing the matter here......have consulted ur uncles, sisters, elders in the house and

Sixthly have u made ur father see reasons for u to stay alone......prove to him u can to do it.....this is his fear

Finally..........all decision lies with u........

Listen to this

We are young living in a world prepared by others, one day the sun will shine and our future will be in our hands

And also this

A well known sage was confronted by a young boy with a grasshopper cupped in his hands and said to him.....sire they say u are a wise tell me whether this grasshopper is dead or alive......

And the man replied.......the life and death of this grasshopper lies in ur hands.......

Choices........the choice we make determines our future.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by wizpredict: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
please,stand your grounds and pray for direction
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Abagworo(m): 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

You should stand by your decision but diplomatically.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by ashjay001(m): 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Call his bluff joor! Seems u've been giving in to him for a while!

Who relationship epp! Stand for ur independence joor! If ur babe goes, na her biz.

Though, u might try assisting them financially, if u dont do that already.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by chineduemmao: 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

She is in support of my Dad. Has always been. Its giving me headache but my spirit, body and soul does not move back home. I am only scared of my father's threats of cursing my relationship and working towards my sack.
Get to your employee first b4 he gets to him, let ur boss know wats up. Discuss with your p man, seriously if there is a way you can help the church, do it u owe it to him. Dont move back home, keep your apartment sleep between your apartment and the family house maybe they are simply missing their once baby boy. Dont challenge your pa but dont move back. We still need to hear your fathers side of the story... Is he on NL? if yes he must be either nwamikpe, peniscap, amunkita or pussyhunter wHich one?
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by rajiraymond(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
At the age of 30.

Your father lives in a rented apartment.

After graduated in BA Degree last year.

And still want you to be staying with him in a rented apartment.

So that to enable you working in his small church.

Sounds very funny.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Chuknovski(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

I won't hesitate to say your father is selfish (no offence pls) look at the story of Abraham God said leave your fathers house so I can bless you, I left my fathers house at 30, upon then I discovered I had wasted my life staying with them, my brother staying alone will make you a real man it will help you plan your life well, going back to your parents house is a No No, u wan be 40yrs b4 him go free you,? you know what some parents are leech when it comes to letting you move out(from experience) so my advice go and be assisting your old man, form good boy but dribble him manipulate him Don't ever pack to his house because walahi you go regret am...
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Omotaday(m): 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
comment deleted

4 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Finstar: 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
naijadriva:

Hmm You dont know where u stand, even a female nairalander command and you "Ok Ma". Go and talk with your father to know his reason. I can not stay with my parents at 30 though.

Your mentality is very shallow I must say.. What do you mean by female NLer? That female NLer might be able to feed your entire village. That female NLer might be the one paying your parents their monthly paycheck. What beef have you got with females? It's time you shade off these lame archeic mindset and embrace revolution. Gender equality is here to stay and majority of females are doing better than most men in all spheres of life. Your gf and exs might be among the majority of females with fish brain doesn't mean every girl is. Mind what you post on a public forum such as this..

Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by chronique(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Lol. Your case reminds me of the late 90s-early 00s when I was still very into music. I remember telling my dad I wanted to go for a show and he told me that if I try it, he pray for a mighty trailer to jam me on the road on my way to the show. He was asking me who I wanted to disgrace by being a musician and asking me if I wanted his colleagues at work to laugh at him... Well, I ended up listening to him and all the people wey dey do music that year, did their thing and some of them became superstars. Several years after(around 2010 or 2011), we were discussing and he said assuming he knew music was going to be this big, he would have allowed me to follow my passion way back.

The thing I'd ask you is this: are you very sure that what you are doing now has prospect? Do you have concrete plans for your future? If yes, stick to your ground and be a man. With time, he would come to respect your decision. At 30, no one should be making decisions for you if they know you are capable of taking proper decisions for yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by DreamSonInlaw(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
Do I yield to my father's "come back home" instruction or do I stand on my decision not to? PLEASE ADVISE.[/quote]

Heed you mean not yield. Come back for what! At 30 mehn! You should be your own man, talk to people he respect to see reason with you
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by sogud(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Bros pple weh senior u dey go nysc, der is chng of age in nysc unless u dnt wnt to serve
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by aamstih: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
Do a DNA Bro

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Chuknovski(m): 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Dherryn(f): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
N u think God can answer that kind of prayer? Faith widout job is what? It seems u dnt knw wat u bliv n u dnt knw d God u r serving. Dnt move bak.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by udemzyudex(m): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sorry to say, but I call this rubbish.

At age 30 he still want you to come and live with him, your father is selfish.

Tell him you mean no disrespect but you can't come, you're not a kid anymore, you need to start doing things for yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by lollarj(f): 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ishilove:
What kind of father will pray for his son to be sacked? He stands on the altar every Sunday to pray for people but wants to curse his own son because the boy has chosen his own path in life.

Op, stand your ground and use prayer to counter prayer. God is not a confusionist and He will set things straight

There is more to this pastor dad than meets the eye real pastors dont curse their children.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by RZArecta(m): 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Involve respected family members and church elders for a joint meeting with your parents, this is trickish but stay strong bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Don't Want My Mother To Come For My Omugwo / Man Rejoices After Finalising His Divorce. Photos / Mum Plans To Stop Her Kids From Getting Addicted To Games & Tablet Using This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.