Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (29780 Views)

Work Advice Needed For My Parent. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by omoelerin1: 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Your father is afraid of losing his control over you. He is afraid you may go astray.

Supposing you gets a job in another state, will he ask you to quite and come and stay with him at home?

Assuming you are a woman, at this your age will he be happy you are staying with him?

Well, we have little knowledge of your family tie and the whole scenario, be that as it may, it is not advisable for you to still be living with them in as much as you have financial where whither to sustain yourself. In fact he ought to be happy, as this is time you ought to be sweating. My boss told me something, when he got to know I was living alone, I was 25 then. He was happy, he said, 'that's good, as you are paying house rents, electricity bills and other bills, when you eventually settle down all these things will not be difficult for you to do, as it is good for a young man to make hays while the sun shine' He gave me a lot of advice which I cannot forget till today.

You just have to apply the wisdom and manage the situation diplomatically.

4 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by jaxxy(m): 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

I don't know your definition of "being responsible" but I pay my rent of 90k. A leader in about 3 youth units. Take care of my girl. Visit my parents every weekend (the weekends i decide not to go, they believe my girl is around and stopping me from coming calling the girl all sort of names), I buy home some things for them wen I have d money. Now that I have started something, I plan to give them something on a monthly basis. I am not wayward and I don't keep friends. I have just 2 friends in total and they are known at home. I have plans of setting myself up on a business in about a year while I continue with my job ( I have sex with my girl occasionally wen she comes to visit. I believe that doesn't make me irresponsible). I hope I am responsible enough.

Thats good. Ure ok
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by rossi5(f): 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:
Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I am a guy of 30 years of age who graduated with BA Degree last year. I couldn't go for youth service because of my age. So I decided to get myself an apartment and started hustling and hunting for job. I recently got a job which promise a great future even though the pay at the moment is not much. I also have a girlfriend who school in one of the federal polytechnics. My father is a Pastor, pastoring a small church in the same state I live.

Now the issue at hand is that my father wants me to leave my apartment and move back home (until probably when I am ripe for marriage I guess). He has been on this for quite sometime of which I told him I can't move back home with them at my age and moreover, its a rented apartment (My parents never build house).

Today, he dropped a bomb. He commanded me to pack all my things and move back home to come and help him with d church within 7 days else, he will see to it that I am sacked from my new work in one way or the other and also threaten to pray to God to make my girlfriend jilt me (coz she is one of d reasons why I don't want to move back home according to him).

I don't want to move back home at my age. I always pray against it as I see such act as pointing to a backward step in my life. I have managed to setup my apartment to taste and also aiming to marry my present girlfriend.

Do I yield to my father's "come back home" instruction or do I stand on my decision not to? PLEASE ADVISE.

we had a story of a guy who came seeking for advice that at 35.he never had a gf nor dated cos his church deeper life preaches against it.and now he is 35 n searching.he does not know where to start from..when other parents will b happy that thier soon is making effort.urs is demanding that u pack back home at 30!.i dont get?.why take decision that will leave u unhappy.if i where i ur shoes..i will sit my folks down and tell them is not gonna b possible and that doesnt stop u from contributing to the church growth.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Noblewhiz(m): 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
That will be a terrible mistake... Never!!!

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by gnykelly(m): 9:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
your parent are like you earthly God. what they say you don't dispute with force.

I would admonish you go meet your fathers elders that can talk to him.
let them know your stand. and your point of view let them persuade him. If he insist. I would beg you to obey him. forget what the civilzed world would say. you work or your earthly effort cannot take you to your dream.

THE BLESSINGS OF YOUR PARENTS AND GOD WOULD DO.

oprah007
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by blaqroy: 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
That village people are fanning ur picture no mean say they are in the village, it can also be ur father cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by yomzy123(m): 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:
Hi everyone. Happy Sunday. I am a guy of 30 years of age who graduated with BA Degree last year. I couldn't go for youth service because of my age. So I decided to get myself an apartment and started hustling and hunting for job. I recently got a job which promise a great future even though the pay at the moment is not much. I also have a girlfriend who school in one of the federal polytechnics. My father is a Pastor, pastoring a small church in the same state I live.

Now the issue at hand is that my father wants me to leave my apartment and move back home (until probably when I am ripe for marriage I guess). He has been on this for quite sometime of which I told him I can't move back home with them at my age and moreover, its a rented apartment (My parents never build house).

Today, he dropped a bomb. He commanded me to pack all my things and move back home to come and help him with d church within 7 days else, he will see to it that I am sacked from my new work in one way or the other and also threaten to pray to God to make my girlfriend jilt me (coz she is one of d reasons why I don't want to move back home according to him).

I don't want to move back home at my age. I always pray against it as I see such act as pointing to a backward step in my life. I have managed to setup my apartment to taste and also aiming to marry my present girlfriend.

Do I yield to my father's "come back home" instruction or do I stand on my decision not to? PLEASE ADVISE.
. Bro your father does not loves you.... all he after is all about selfish interest.... at 30? Bro wise up, is he calling you back home to come and interpret? Abeg wise up joor
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by rafabenitez: 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ur father wants u to help him to collect more tithes from the sheeple,my advise wen u get home tel ur father to FREETHESHEEPLE AND GET HIMSELF A JOB.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by smartpyzee(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

sir even God that created you, gave you the will to choose what and how you wanna live your life....that's all

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Okay ma. Thank you so much for this

Arr you going back or forward?
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Teaveapoet(f): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
for the first time, am speechless. i will advice you pray and involve elderly ones in the family to look into it.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by TheManOfTheYear: 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

At your age your father still commands you like you're some kinda toddler.

Mr Man you have to be a man and learn to stand your ground.
It is men like you that end up being controlled by their parents even when married. If dem say "leave your wife" you go leave.

SMH

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by ilyasom(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
modelmike7:
Hmmm, he doesn't want you to work in an office and prefer you to work/help him with church activities?
Has he been telling you this before you graduated?
What about your siblings?
Well, everything all depends on the family ties.....
If worse comes to worst, you can tell him you will only be with him at home for just one year, and after then you will like to live on your own...
Stupid answer

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Augusttusrobben(m): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

But I can still help with the church without moving back home. I go to his church every Saturday and come back to school on sundays since my 100 level days. My tfare to and fro the church is 1000 naira. I still go every Sunday.

I will like to advice u on my own. wen I was in secondary school I always take football as my carrier. I travel to three countries to play football. but all this while I met many prophets who told me I was going to be a pastor and that I will start in my country nigeria . after wandering about playing football today I am a Pastor by the grace of God. so I will advice u to follow the advice of ur father and not those worldly people's advice who don't understand spiritual things .
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Lalas247(f): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
tunize:

I disagree even if financial problem self dts why person na man.
Ur own too much grin
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by chieni(f): 11:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
oprah007:

Thanks boss

No I don't. Never seen myself as a pastor.
doesn't he have workers? or is the church now a business venture people inherit

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by donshaddow(m): 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
Augusttusrobben:

I will like to advice u on my own. wen I was in secondary school I always take football as my carrier. I travel to three countries to play football. but all this while I met many prophets who told me I was going to be a pastor and that I will start in my country nigeria . after wandering about playing football today I am a Pastor by the grace of God. so I will advice u to follow the advice of ur father and not those worldly people's advice who don't understand spiritual things .

Wow, being a pastor makes everything right!
Jesus' disciples had a mind of their own, He never coerced them.
God created us and also allowed us a mind of our own with our freewill, we chose to worship Him or not.
Please don't bring religion or God into this. I've had my own pound of flesh!
It's those that claims to be more religious that brings more pains into our life.... #truelifeexperience

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by donshaddow(m): 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
chieni:

doesn't he have workers? or is the church now a business venture people inherit

Ask them my sister.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Faseyi17: 12:19am On Nov 13, 2017
Ur dad said dat cos he has been d one making life decision 4 u since day one..... Bro, stand ur ground nd pray to God, hustle hard nd u ll see dat ur dad ll even be d one to share ur testimony in church if you succeed... Don't go bk home, i respect don't oooooooooooo. U ll start 4rm ground zero
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by 1234onyekwe: 1:13am On Nov 13, 2017
Pls note that the time u leave ur parents house does not determine how successful u 'll be in life,I have heard folks say they left as early as 21,18. someone'll still leave at 35 & still by pass ur achievements or u'll even be strongling to pay ur house rent by then,'is not of him that willeth nor runneth but of him that he showeth mercy.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by lacreamieboie(m): 1:39am On Nov 13, 2017
Gluhbirne:
Don't you dare do it! Move back home at 30, especially when you're doing okay for yourself? Don't do it. I command you to stay where you are!
You go craze for real life o.... Lol! U made my night!

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by SpockFederation: 2:14am On Nov 13, 2017
YOUR PARENTS ARE NARCISSISTS!!!

DON'T TAKE WHAT I'M SAYING LIGHTLY,... GO NO CONTACT WITH THEM!

NARCISSISM IS A SERIOUS MENTAL ILLNESS/DEMONIC POSSESSION (I BET YOU SUFFER FROM SLEEP PARALYSIS BECAUSE OF THEIR PRESENCE)!

JUST GOOGLE OR WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS ABOUT PARENTAL NARCISSISM, SCAPEGOAT CHILD, GOLDEN CHILD AND INFANTALIZATION!

YOUR PARENTS CONSCIOUSLY INFANTALIZED YOU! THEIR AIM IS FOR YOU TO BE WITH THEM FOREVER AND NEVER BE INDEPENDENT! THEY DON'T WANT ANYTHING GOOD FOR YOU! THEY ARE JEALOUS OF YOU MY FRIEND!

MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD ARE SUFFERING THIS SAME THING!

YOU ARE THEIR SCAPEGOAT CHILD!

TELL THEM TO 4UCK OFF (THEIR RELIGIOUSNESS IS JUST A FACADE FOR YOU TO TRUST THEM AND BE CONTROLLED)!!!!

WATCH THESE VIDEOS ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM
---------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8c15mUzKhM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfCu9wMjWag
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 2:54am On Nov 13, 2017
lacreamieboie:

You go craze for real life o.... Lol! U made my night!
Hehehe. Glad I did. (:
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by birdsview(m): 3:39am On Nov 13, 2017
oprah007:

Story Story story..you can come up with something better. . Something more intelligent
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 13, 2017
I think you should stick to your guns on this one...you're a grown a.s.s man..dad is asking you to prove it...bad move.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Kingkamba(m): 5:01am On Nov 13, 2017
forget the old man, marry the girl and start building your own family Ooo. All this crap of respect is becoming too much in our society. if he want to go ahead to his church work, then let him be. Guy marry the girl asap through court wedding. You have got your own life to live Ooo. At 30 you are still thinking of staying with your dad, mehn you fall my hand. Tell him that if he dares spoils your job, you will do things that will soil his reputation in his church, in that way he will leave you in peace. things like smoking, sleeping with his church members, etc.

1 Like

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by lacreamieboie(m): 5:59am On Nov 13, 2017
Gluhbirne:
Hehehe. Glad I did. (:
Yh. Good morning.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Originalsly: 6:26am On Nov 13, 2017
Hmmm....trying to see things from thru your father's eyes. .... how can he preach to the people when his son ...unmarried son.... has left his home (age doesn't matter)...and be living all by himself.... having women (never mind it's one woman) visitors...... fornicating 7 days each week? This is putting a big dent on his dreams of becoming a mega pastor. It's all about him. You need to tell him you're working on it... returning home.....and you will do so as soon as you tie up some loose ends...what loose ends?...don't worry....don't want to go into details....confidential.

2 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Edonojie007(m): 6:38am On Nov 13, 2017
Finstar:

Not only are you lame, you're also a religious bigot. Point of correction, I don't subscribe to your definition of feminism. If advocating for equal right is a sin, may I continue sining. Funny part is, you know nothing about Christianity. I don't even exhaust time arguing with close minded fellow like you. A white man came, took your lands, rape your women, took your oil and gave you a book in return and you're here claiming dominance over the female gender. Keep on masturbating on something you know nothing of. Foolishness of the highest order.
I Just Pity Your Life,with Stroonng!...I Sorry. May You Continuel Sinning. Na People Like Una At 50 Papa Go Still Say Come House,because Una No Get Sense. Small Pikin Feminist.
Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by Finstar: 6:56am On Nov 13, 2017
Edonojie007:

I Just Pity Your Life,with Stroonng!...I Sorry. May You Continuel Sinning. Na People Like Una At 50 Papa Go Still Say Come House,because Una No Get Sense. Small Pikin Feminist.

Reverse is actually the case here.. I left home when I was 19yrs and I have being doing good for myself.. Don't think that everyone is still eating mama thank you like you're doing.. Please get up and dust your ass, go out there and be a man! Since you feel that the female gender is nothing but an object to dominate over, keep that within your family circle.. Do that to your mum and female siblings.. Don't ever bring it out here.. I repeat! Don't ever! In fact, you're free to slap the hell outta your mum, to prove to them that you're above.. Sorry to say this but you're the reason Africans will remain in the dark.

3 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by baby124: 7:22am On Nov 13, 2017
Your dad is living his dream, even though it's an elusive one. Yet he wants you to abandon yours to build his elusive dream that he has probably run out of ideas how to build. I am sorry to say, your father's approach and behavior towards you tells a lot of why he has not been successful with his church business. Go ahead and live your life and pursue your dreams. Simply tell your dad that you have prayed about it and God has revealed to you that you were not called to ministry. Shikenan. Pursue your life vigorously and don't let anyone blame your girl for anything. In fact if you are sure she is for you. Work hard and start making plans on when to settle down. Their greatest fear with your girlfriend is that you will start thinking of marriage. Being a family man means they cannot control you or your resources anymore. So they want to spoil the relationship by spoiling your girl. How very insulting to you.

Your father is a very selfish man. Do not be clouded by sentiments. If an elder behaves like a child, you come to his level and beat him with dignity. You are a man, act like one. Your father is only out for his best interest not yours. If he refuses to let you be, just give them space and focus on improving yourself. If you don't want to end up in life like your dad, chase your own future. At least even if you failed, you know you gave it your best.

The moment a parent opens their mouth to curse or threaten to curse their own children They have lost all respect and credibility. You should immediately start thinking about what is best for you because that approach is unhealthy. Very unhealthy for you especially. How far will he push this urge and desire to control your life? Please draw boundaries right now and show them that you are very serious.

4 Likes

Re: My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise by 99foxxy(f): 7:24am On Nov 13, 2017
Is your father God? Hence you didn't offend him, his curse is never gonna have effects on you. Stick to your work and babe and forget his cheap threats or better still, let him go back and stay with his own parent at his age or back the Bleep off. Some parents can be so annoying.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dr Joe Abah Celebrates 30 Years Marriage. Share Tips For Young Men / I Don't Want My Mother To Come For My Omugwo / Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.