Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent (3621 Views)

Do You Fake Being A Christian As An Atheist In Nigeria? / Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Why Are Majority Of Atheist Ex Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
I notice u hardly find an igbo man or Hausa man that's atheist . But many of our Yoruba brothers claim to be atheist even though they visit native doctor or clerics for black magic and protection. Pls Nairalanders I'm curious help me cos I don't know why
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by PenlsCaP: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
Lol its d truth anuways..
I Even heard seu.n is one of them

1 Like

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by falcon01: 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:
Lol its d truth anuways..
I Even heard seu.n is one of them
what tribe is that prof with white hair pls
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by stephleena(f): 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
lol...its common amongst them...Christianity is for the igbos ,while Islam is for the Hausa's.. so wat do I want them to do??some of them are traditionalists, while some choose to sit on the fence..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by PenlsCaP: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
konjinus:
what tribe is that prof with white hair pls

Lol u know already.
But thats their own wahala shaa... i pity them.
All i know is there is God and he does wonders.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Lol u know already.
may God help our yoruba brothers who are atheist to see the light sad

1 Like

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by PenlsCaP: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
konjinus:

Isee!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
stephleena:
lol...its common amongst them...Christianity is for the igbos ,while Islam is for the Hausa's.. so wat do I want them to do??some of them are traditionalists, while some choose to sit on the fence..
konjinus:

Jonnydon22, sonofluc1fer, Plaeton, Joseph etc are you guys also Yoruba? cheesy

The funny part is that the biggest players in Christendom today like Adeboye, T B Joshua, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Ashimolowo, Coza, Daystar etc are all Yoruba that most of your relatives enrich with your tithes but anyway, its not my business cheesy

Continue paying and tribalising it until Oyedepo doubles his jets to 8 and his universities to 6 cheesy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Lol u know already.

Yet the biggest pastors with the largest congregations are Yoruba cheesy

Hope you've paid your tithe today? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

The funny part is that the biggest players in Christendom today like Adeboye, T B Joshua, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Ashimolowo, Coza, Daystar etc are all Yoruba that most of your relatives enrich with your tithes but anyway, its not my business cheesy

Continue paying and tribalising it until Oyedepo doubles his jets to 8 and his universities to 6 cheesy
brother is just a simple question. Bet why all this? Or are you:
1. A yoruba
2. Atheist
3. Pained
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

paying tithes is OK as long as the gospel is propagated to all and sundry
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2017
konjinus:
I notice u hardly find an igbo man or Hausa man that's atheist . But many of our Yoruba brothers claim to be atheist even though they visit native doctor or clerics for black magic and protection. Pls Nairalanders I'm curious help me cos I don't know why

Maybe its because the Yoruba man uses his brain better than you despite the fact that his brothers operate the largest congregations in the country? wink

They're more atheist while their brothers have all the private jets and the magnificent universities? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by PenlsCaP: 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Yet the biggest pastors with the largest congregations are Yoruba cheesy
Hope you've paid your tithe today? cheesy

Sorry but they are all fake pastors.
And sorry i dnt do tithe.

How can one pastore be having 4private jets.
While his congregation ar porverty stricken. undecided

Tell me a better way to describe "fake man of God "
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
konjinus:
paying tithes is OK as long as the gospel is propagated to all and sundry

Owning the jets, universities and overwhelming influence is also OK as long as they're Yoruba and your tithes are remitted to lagos-ibadan expressway and Ota cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Sorry but they are all fake pastors.
And sorry i dnt do tithe.

How can one pastore be having 4private jets.
While his congregation ar porverty stricken. undecided

How does that negate the fact that Yoruba run churches are the largest in the country and exert so much influence? In fact the current CAN President is Rev Ayokunle cheesy

SE must still remit tithes to Lagos-Ibadan express way whether you like it or not cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by bskyb(m): 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
Most atheists are critical thinkers, in fact their choice of atheism is typically a result of deep rumination. Also, most are learned and economically advanced. You would agree with me that it is difficult for poor men to be atheists; that is the reason why atheism thrives among people in advanced countries.
For example, they rarely have to pray for electricity, school admission etc.
Expatiating further may be misinterpreted, as some people may interpret it to promote ethnocentrism.
I am not an atheist, but I have seen the pattern atheism takes.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Owning the jets, universities and overwhelming influence is also OK as long as they're Yoruba and your tithes are remitted to lagos-ibadan expressway and Ota cheesy
so I assume u r an atheist but defending Christian tithe beneficiary simply cos they are Yoruba. OK answer the following:
1. Are u confused
2. Are you a newly converted Christian

1 Like

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
konjinus:
brother is just a simple question. Bet why all this? Or are you:
1. A yoruba
2. Atheist
3. Pained

I'm very happy that your tithes add to the blessings of Lagos-Ibadan expressway and Ota cheesy

Continue pls cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
bskyb:
Most atheists are critical thinkers, in fact their choice of atheism is typically a result of deep rumination. Also, most are learned and economically advanced. You would agree with me that it is difficult for poor men to be atheists; that is the reason why atheism thrives among people in advanced countries.
Expatiating further may be misinterpreted, as some people may interpret it to promote ethnocentrism.
Happy Sunday. I want to put forth this questions to atheist and other anti Christian movement. What do you really want. Do u hate God? Or you hate believing in God? I ask this because a lot of aithiest are so devoted to religion yet they claim not to believe in God. And if u don't believe in God, why do u act like its the God of Israel that's genuine as though u believe That is the only Rational explanation of a creator. Also why do athiest hide behind science as though the disbelief of God is related to science? were There no atheist long before science or are there no illiterate atheist?
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
konjinus:
so I assume u r an atheist but defending Christian tithe beneficiary simply cos they are Yoruba. OK answer the following:
1. Are u confused
2. Are you a newly converted Christian

You made it a tribal thing and I'm glad my relatives are holding the yams you willingly supplied to them. Its always better being brother to the crook than being his victims cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by PenlsCaP: 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

How does that negate the fact that Yoruba run churches are the largest in the country and exert so much influence? In fact the current CAN President is Rev Ayokunle cheesy
SE must still remit tithes to Lagos-Ibadan express way whether you like it or not cheesy

Young man thars not the issue read the topic again.
BTW in smatter than yu are u cant drag me too low to ur level to start tribal war Today being Sunday.
So comnent accordibg to d topic, if u dnt mind cool
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
bskyb:

Just leave the mumus to be fooling themselves. He's happy some mid eastern myths have taken preeminence over what his ancestors left him and he's laughing at me that has seeing through the whole charade cheesy

Tell him to go and pay his tithe jare. My brother needs another private jet cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

You made it a tribal thing and I'm glad my relatives are holding the yams you willingly supplied to them. Its always better being brother to the crook than being his victims cheesy

so are u saying atheist can be irrational as to play the tribalist. I thought u people claim to be the most rational beings on earth. So answer the following:
1. When is it appropriate to play the atheist
2. Why are majority of atheist of Yoruba descent

1 Like

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Young man thars not the issue read the topic again.
BTW in smatter than yu are u cant drag me too low to ur level to start tribal war Today being Sunday.
So comnent accordibg to d topic, if u dnt mind cool

The topic translates to you confessing that Yoruba use their brain better than you while some of them have decided to take advantage of your foolishness and lack.of self esteem. I'm celebrating right now bro cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by PenlsCaP: 4:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

[s]The topic translates to you confessing that Yoruba use their brain better than you while some of them have decided to take advantage of your foolishness and lack.of self esteem. I'm celebrating right now bro[/s] cheesy

Im way smartter than u are.. cool
Check d next person.
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

The topic translates to you confessing that Yoruba use their brain better than you while some of them have decided to take advantage of your foolishness and lack.of self esteem. I'm celebrating right now bro cheesy
are there illiterate who do not believe in God? Are there poor people who do not believe in God? Is Nigeria a developed country?
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
konjinus:
so are u saying atheist can be irrational as to play the tribalist. I thought u people claim to be the most rational beings on earth. So answer the following:
1. When is it appropriate to play the atheist
2. Why are majority of atheist of Yoruba descent

Oh, so your Christianity teaches you to be stupidly tribalistic? You hypocrites show everybody how useless and totally shallow your religious acts are cheesy

Na you call me atheist which I admit is better than answering Christian. I'm not interested in labels but of course I spit on your Mideastern myths e.g Islam and Xtianity. I'm Yoruba first before any redundant label. cheesy

It gives me great pleasure to laugh at your foolishness in opening this thread cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by shukuokukobambi: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Im way smartter than u are.. cool
Check d next person.

Shut up your mouth you hypocritical bigot. Doesn't your bible preach equality? Didn't Jesus ask you to see everyone as brothers? Didn't he ask you to love your enemies? What message are you passing to the so called unbelievers?

Shameless hypocritical sinner going to hell cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Oh, so your Christianity teaches you to be stupidly tribalistic? You hypocrites show everybody how useless and totally shallow your religious acts are cheesy

Na you call me atheist which I admit is better than answering Christian. I'm not interested in labels but of course I spit on your Mideastern myths e.g Islam and Xtianity. I'm Yoruba first before any redundant label. cheesy

It gives me great pleasure to laugh at your foolishness in opening this thread cheesy
have u now resorted to insults because:
1. You lack reasonable argument
2. As a Yoruba brother first, it is typical to insult people?
3. You are rich and highly rational living in a develop country
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by konjinus(m): 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Shut up your mouth you hypocritical bigot. Doesn't your bible preach equality? Didn't Jesus ask you to see everyone as brothers? Didn't he ask you to love your enemies? What message are you passing to the so called unbelievers?

Shameless hypocritical sinner going to hell cheesy
so Jesus asked his followers to love their enemies. Are u taking advantage of that weakness in Christianity?
Re: Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent by PenlsCaP: 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

[s]
Shameless hypocritical sinner going to hell :[/s]D

hehehehehhehehe.Tell me where i said "I HATE THEM"
Thats why i keep saying in way smarter than u are. Coz u cant read between lines. cool
Hehehe chek d next person. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Birth Pains. Why For Female Animals? / Testimony Of HEAVEN & HELL / The Faulty Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.