Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,031 members, 7,821,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (2372 Views)

Why Is It So Hard To Find A Caring, Supportive, Loving Boyfriend Nowadays? / Man Trying Hard Not To Slap Passenger Beside Him Faking Accent On A Phone Call / Never Knew How Much I Care About My Girl Until I Tried To Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by COOL10(m): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
Really sorry about your dad. But why do I feel your story is incomplete. Why the hell do they demean you, yell at you and the likes? Okay, they may actually be really terrible people, maybe you should try to stay away for a while, spend like 10% of your time with them, the rest spend it on developing yourself. In that process, you hardly have time to brood over issues and feel bad. They are still your family no matter what.
I hope I helped a Little?

1 Like

Re: . by nuhuanku(m): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
angry o guy! Just keep on praying God will surely do something good for us.

1 Like

Re: . by Beamborla(f): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
The best revenge is to hang on and make a man of yourself. Not just a man, a successful and fulfilled one.

Don't forget, happiness comes from within. Channel all the pain into achieving greatness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ashjay001(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
No single, happening uncle/guy u can go bunk with?

That home is toxic, u need to get out fast! And, try get a job, or any kind of training(u might need it to support urself, when u rebel). Too much time on ur hands.

Dont fecking kill urself! U've not even had sex!

2 Likes

Re: . by coolestofall(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
Beamborla:
The best revenge is to hang on and make a man of yourself. Not just a man, a successful and fulfilled one.

Don't forget, happiness comes from within. Channel all the pain into achieving greatness.
Op she is right. Never give them any reason 2 feel justified abt any negative thought they hv abt u. Prove them wrong by putting all ur efforts 2ward succeeding against all odds.

1 Like

Re: . by gsainttrinity(m): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
Op one thing I have observed in my long life on earth is that people always try to bring down anyone who is better than them through words and actions.

Live your life bro. Don't let anyone define what success means.

Because success is definitely not an admission into a University neither is it the acquisition of Billions in your Bank account.

success is what you think it is.

The fact that you have been able to stave off their negativity is enough Big success and you needed to drink and celebrate to it.

Nevertheless as someone up there said.. Never stop working to improve yourself.

The epitome of failure is kill yourself for whatever reason..

1 Like

Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
[quote author=shimmer1 post=62351247]Really sorry about your dad. But why do I feel your story is incomplete. Why the hell do they demean you, yell at you and the likes? Okay, they may actually be really terrible people, maybe you should try to stay away for a while, spend like 10% of your time with them, the rest spend it on developing yourself. In that process, you hardly have time to brood over issues and feel bad. They are still your family no matter what.
I hope I helped a Little?
[/quote ].

Obviously I couldn't have said the whole story if not I would have mentioned the time I cried every night cursing death for taking him away or the time I almost jumped in front of a moving ceiling fan. It would have been too much notes. As for why they did so,I can't say. Some will say it's cos of the realization of his death but common,I'm the one who had to grow up as a boy without a dad without him teaching me intricate things about teenage and adulthood. That's a lot. That was a long time ago though and God saw me through. They've reduced the derogatory remarks prolly because i'v grown,worked on my voice,confidence,presence and even gained some muscles so they're prolly scared wink. As for ignoring them,u and I know that ain't really easy. Thanks all the same.
Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
nuhuanku:
angry
o guy! Just keep on praying God will surely do something good for us.
. Thanks man.
Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
Beamborla:

. Thanks a lot.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
[quote author=COOL10 post=62351981][/quote]

Aww. I feel like giving you a bear hug right now cry cry.

1 Like

Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2017
ashjay001:
No single, happening uncle/guy u can go bunk with?

That home is toxic, u need to get out fast! And, try get a job, or any kind of training(u might need it to support urself, when u rebel). Too much time on ur hands.

Dont fecking kill urself! U've not even had sex!
No one oo. I don't have much friends. The ones I got are pretty much pretenders. Don't be too sure about that sex part though wink

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
Op no kill ursef o... I no won story that touches the heart....

Be strong and mix up....dont be alone in a room o...
try and look for something doing with good jovial people

1 Like

Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
coolestofall:

Op she is right. Never give them any reason 2 feel justified abt any negative thought they hv abt u. Prove them wrong by putting all ur efforts 2ward succeeding against all odds.
. I appreciate this.
Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:
Op one thing I have observed in my long life on earth is that people always try to bring down anyone who is better than them through words and actions.

Live your life bro. Don't let anyone define what success means.

Because success is definitely not an admission into a University neither is it the acquisition of Billions in your Bank account.

success is what you think it is.

The fact that you have been able to stave off their negativity is enough Big success and you needed to drink and celebrate to it.

Nevertheless as someone up there said.. Never stop working to improve yourself.

The epitome of failure is kill yourself for whatever reason..
. You know I actually thought I was gonna be bashed here but y'all proved me wrong. Thanks man.
Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
shimmer1:

Aww. I feel like giving you a bear hug right now cry cry.
. You actually brought tears to my eyes. That's hard these days. Bring the hug in baby grin. Hope u a lady though wink
Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
BiggerPRICK1:
Op no kill ursef o...
I no won story that touches the heart....

Be strong and mix up....dont be alone in a room o...

try and look for something doing with good jovial people
. Noted bro
Re: . by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
COOL10:
. You actually brought tears to my eyes. That's hard these days. Bring the hug in baby grin. Hope u a lady though wink

I am ooooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
shimmer1:

I am ooooo grin grin
. Whuph#cleans sweat#. For a minute there I thought I was gonna bear hug a guy. Noted. Thanks again shimmer.
Re: . by LordKO(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
@OP

No matter the situation of things around you stay strong for your family, if not for anything, at least for the sake of your late father. Actually, the negative attitudes your female family members have so far meted out against you have nothing to do with gender per se, but they have everything to do with people of small-mindednes - small-mindedness knows no gender.

Consider to create an emotional and physical distance with them. . . You neither need to alienate them from your life nor become mean or evil towards them, no. Just adopt a conscientious and unorthodox lifestyle, doing this will simply make you a no nonsense guy and happiness will be yours.

One clear difference between small-minded people and noble people is that the former always try to conquer the world without conquering self thereby loving self and hating the world, while the latter always strive to conquer self but not the world and loves the world but without hating self.

I say go the way of the noble and no nonsense people.

1 Like

Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
LordKO:
@OP

No matter the situation of things around you stay strong for your family, if not for anything at least for the sake of your late father. Actually, the problem you're passing through has nothing to do with gender per se, but it has everything to do with people of small-mindednes - small-mindedness knows no gender.

Consider to create a physical and emotional distance with them. . . You neither need to alienate them from your life nor become mean or evil towards them, no. Just adopt a conscientious and unorthodox lifestyle, doing this will simply make you a no nonsense guy and happiness will be yours.

Once clear difference between noble small-minded people and noble people is that the always former try to conquer the world without conquering self thereby loving self and hating the world, while the latter always strive to conquer self but not the world and loves the world but without hating self.

I say go the way of the noble people and no nonsense people.

. It's presently the path I'm on but it's not an easy path to stay on. Sometimes when they're ranting and I'm my usual self(quiet and unphased),I feel like I need to say some things to them and on the rare occasions I do,I get into that deep regretful hole again. When I wanna walk away I think it might be insulting but that's even better. They even pick on my words. They're free to say whatever but when I do they say I don't have self control. It's a seemingly endless cycle. They just get to me sometimes. Today was crazy.
Re: . by LordKO(m): 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
COOL10:
. It's presently the path I'm on but it's not an easy path to stay on. Sometimes when they're ranting and I'm my usual self(quiet and unphased),I feel like I need to say some things to them and on the rare occasions I do,I get into that deep regretful hole again. When I wanna walk away I think it might be insulting but that's even better. They even pick on my words. They're free to say whatever but when I do they say I don't have self control. It's a seemingly endless cycle. They just get to me sometimes. Today was crazy.

Like I said earlier on, creating an emotional and physical distance with them will do the magic for you. Meanwhile, you need to become more tolerant and try to eschew conceit.

On the issue of admission, you need to tell yourself the truth that "it's not the early morning bird that catches the day." - this doesn't mean that one shouldn't be gritty, no, it only means that one should always endeavor to put his best effort in whatever he does but still allow nature to take its full cause. More so, remember that if wishes were horses beggars would ride - so, try to master the act of surrender tactics. If the supposed main course of study you long for doesn't come through this time around, consider to go for another course. For one, what you need to succeed in life is thorough education not academics (school) - this doesn't negate the importance of schooling though.

Create your own life path and encrypt it, that's the main secret of happiness.

1 Like

Re: . by COOL10(m): 1:10am On Nov 14, 2017
LordKO:

Like I said earlier on, creating an emotional and physical distance with them will do the magic for you. Meanwhile, you need to become more tolerant and try to eschew conceit.

On the issue of admission, you need to tell yourself the truth that "it's not the early morning bird that catches the day." - this doesn't mean that one shouldn't be gritty, no, it only means that one should always endeavor to put his best effort in whatever he does but still allow nature to take its full cause. More so, remember that if wishes were horses beggars would ride - so, try to master the act of surrender tactics. If the supposed main course of study you long for doesn't come through this time around, consider to go for another course. For one, what you need to succeed in life is thorough education not academics (school) - this doesn't negate the importance of schooling though.

Create your own life path and encrypt it, that's the main secret of happiness.

. Thanks a lot. On the emotional distance thingy,I'm quite good at that but most times it ends up infuriating them the more which boosts up their rants and ticks me off the more. U see the cycle again?. They seem to feed off my attention either positively or negatively. I definitely need to figure out a way to handle that. Thanks again.
Re: . by greatwhite(m): 4:29am On Nov 14, 2017
Whatever you do bro, don't kill yourself. Time would make history out of all you are going trough. Just focus on your goals. Plan and execute. Soon you would be out of the house. Just hold on. Don't kill yourself.
Re: . by COOL10(m): 11:21am On Nov 14, 2017
greatwhite:
Whatever you do bro, don't kill yourself. Time would make history out of all you are going trough. Just focus on your goals. Plan and execute. Soon you would be out of the house. Just hold on. Don't kill yourself.
. That's what I pray 4 bro,it's what I pray for.
Re: . by Belafonte(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hi Cool10, just sent you a PM. I would like to talk with you about what you're going through.
Re: . by COOL10(m): 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2017
Belafonte:
Hi Cool10, just sent you a PM. I would like to talk with you about what you're going through.
Just replied ur message.
Re: . by Cee9(m): 6:42am On Nov 15, 2017
@ op. Am yet to understand why your entire household will be against you...It simply means, you are not as near perfect as you think.
Do some personal adjustments bro, to carry your family along. You are the man of the house.peace
Re: . by Belafonte(m): 9:20am On Nov 15, 2017
COOL10:
Just replied ur message.

Hello bro, check your mail.

(1) (Reply)

This Girl's Testimony Is Funny But Real (check It Out) / My Co-virgins!I am Quitting Romanceland!My Reasons!A Must Read? / Pretty Slay Queen Fakes Her Own Death In Makurdi To Gain Popularity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.