Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out (41750 Views)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! / Osun Lawyers In Suit Cutting Grasses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Mosetgg: 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 11:46am On Nov 09, 2020
Mosetgg:
I have found this thread to be very informative, please let us keep the updating flowing.

To Hidentity, I am a graduate of law waiting for law school resumption.

I'm currently learning full time in a law firm in Osun though they major in criminal and civil litigation and corporate law.

What specific things do you think I should focused on for now for a better and faster result in both law school and eventually in practice?

Good morning.
In my opinion, focus on the academic aspect of what you do now. Getting a good result in the law school should be a priority now. Don't be too carried away in what is obtainable in practice or not. Read very well, study relevant statutes and procedures, since they are usually useful in the law school.

After the exam, you can look at the next stage- what to do with law or in law. Note that your result will go a long way in affording you the opportunity to prove yourself. So, prepare for the law school/exam.

I supervise law school students in my firm. Between 10 to 20 externs yearly. I counsel those who are bent on focusing too much on practice to read their books first. We take them tutorials daily and yearly, 2 or 3 of our externs make first class in the law school. First things first.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Mosetgg: 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2020
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2020
Mosetgg:

Thank you so much for the enlightenment, please what books can you recommend for me this period?

Get materials from those who just finished from law school
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Mosetgg: 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2020
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2021
deriana:

Yes I am
Hello how you doing
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by DaBogu: 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2021
Nice
I need a property lawyer
Must be based in Lagos
7 yrs post call experience

kindly drop your email address.

Thank you
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
DaBogu:
Nice
I need a property lawyer
Must be based in Lagos

Thank you
Claroo
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by inegbenose1: 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
Hello. Any law firm in Benin where I can intern?
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by limitless101: 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
alicornlegal@gmail.com
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by limitless101: 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2021
Hidentity:

Claroo
alicornlegal@gmail.com
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Claroo(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
Salamiadeoola@gmail.com
DaBogu:
Nice
I need a property lawyer
Must be based in Lagos

Thank you
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by akanke79: 9:44am On Apr 17, 2021
I have a lawyer friend who is 17 years in the practice looking for a job.Her former boss relocated.

Her area of speciality is Property law,real estate and she is a Solicitor.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Kamsiyochukwu: 1:28pm On May 18, 2021
I have a major issue bothering me.

I was rusticated in the university for one year during my final year due to exam malpractice,came back after 1 yr and retook my exams.
I applied for law school immediately but I was not admitted and no mail was sent to me as to the five year rule.
Its 3yrs since I retook my exams.
Should I go to Abuja and enquire? Can I be,admitted?
I would really love to gain admission this but I'm left hanging.
Please help me in anyway.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by diamondkween: 12:09pm On May 27, 2021
I am a lawyer of 4 years post call. I need a firm to practice. I am into litigation and property practice.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2021
Kamsiyochukwu:
I have a major issue bothering me.

I was rusticated in the university for one year during my final year due to exam malpractice,came back after 1 yr and retook my exams.
I applied for law school immediately but I was not admitted and no mail was sent to me as to the five year rule.
Its 3yrs since I retook my exams.
Should I go to Abuja and enquire? Can I be,admitted?
I would really love to gain admission this but I'm left hanging.
Please help me in anyway.
Did you apply for NLS through our school? You can't apply on your own. You should be joined with the next set from your school.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Ogechi20: 8:44am On Oct 05, 2021
Hello, please is it possible for one to get a job with a good firm if they are not into litigation? I am awaiting law school currently, but i am not interested in litigation. I am very much interested in soliciting. I am actually asking because the majority of job offers I see on this thread have a requirement for experience in "litigation and procedural laws".
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Ogechi20: 10:05am On Oct 05, 2021
Hello, please is the paper you delivered at the NLS campus Abuja on "Career prospects for Lawyers in Nigeria" 2018 still available?
Hidentity:

Did you apply for NLS through our school? You can't apply on your own. You should be joined with the next set from your school.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ogechi20:
Hello, please is it possible for one to get a job with a good firm if they are not into litigation? I am awaiting law school currently, but i am not interested in litigation. I am very much interested in soliciting. I am actually asking because the majority of job offers I see on this thread have a requirement for experience in "litigation and procedural laws".
Very possible. Just have good grades. Many of the top firm won't make litigation compulsory. They're more into commercial practice and transactions.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
Ogechi20:

How many firms have you interned with? George Bush once said that you don’t transfer knowledge. You steal knowledge and for you to steal knowledge without a criminal charge of espionage, you must do it the Jacob’s way.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Animegirl(f): 11:17am On Jan 18, 2022
Pls, any law graduate serving in Ministry of Justice Abuja?

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by sapientia1(m): 9:09am On Oct 09, 2022
Good morning guys, I need a lawyer..preferably who has good knowledge of Arbitration Laws of Lagos State. I need to get good interpretation for a particular document (deed of agreement).

Kindly reach on WhatsApp: ###
I can pay a token for this service, thanks.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Eazeee(m): 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2022
Nice to be here
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by DaBogu: 5:45am On Oct 13, 2022
akanke79:
I have a lawyer friend who is 17 years in the practice looking for a job.Her former boss relocated.

How do I get across to her?
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Raphael81(m): 6:30am On Dec 04, 2022
Nice to be here
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Oyindamolah: 12:48am On Dec 05, 2022
akanke79:

Is she still available?
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by ThatNiccur: 9:42am On Dec 09, 2022
Hi Learned peeps of the beautiful and prestigious legal profession. I have a very quick question and I'd appreciate honest responses.

1. If presented with the condition of dropping your Call to Bar Certificate as a bail condition, would you do it?

2. Have you ever found yourself in such situation? if yes, how did you handle it?

Honest responses please
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 16, 2022
ThatNiccur:
Hi Learned peeps of the beautiful and prestigious legal profession. I have a very quick question and I'd appreciate honest responses.

1. If presented with the condition of dropping your Call to Bar Certificate as a bail condition, would you do it?

2. Have you ever found yourself in such situation? if yes, how did you handle it?

Honest responses please
a lawyer should not act as a surety for his client... it is regarded as professional misconduct.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by ThatNiccur: 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
Japhet04:
a lawyer should not act as a surety for his client... it is regarded as professional misconduct.

Thank you for your feedback

I have seen Magistrates request for it on 2 different occasions. First time, it was the only bail term given by the magistrate, I do not know why.
The second time, the magistrate had in a previous sitting, given a bail condition that was difficult for the defendant to meet up with, his lawyer came to court on his behalf and requested that the magistrate please replace one of the conditions with another option, and she mentioned that the only other option would be for the lawyer to drop the original copy of his call to bar certificate.

Now, here is my question, if doing this amounts to Professional Misconduct, why did the magistrates have to put these lawyers in such a difficult situation?
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LUGBE: 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
You are the one making it difficult for the magistrate because you know that if your client is granted bail most likely he/she will jump bail thus such condition from the magistrate.

Such request or condition is to deter you from disturbing them and you know you requested for "any other condition".

ThatNiccur:

Thank you for your feedback

I have seen Magistrates request for it on 2 different occasions. First time, it was the only bail term given by the magistrate, I do not know why.
The second time, the magistrate had in a previous sitting, given a bail condition that was difficult for the defendant to meet up with, his lawyer came to court on his behalf and requested that the magistrate please replace one of the conditions with another option, and she mentioned that the only other option would be for the lawyer to drop the original copy of his call to bar certificate.

Now, here is my question, if doing this amounts to Professional Misconduct, why did the magistrates have to put these lawyers in such a difficult situation?
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by ThatNiccur: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2022
LUGBE:
You are the one making it difficult for the magistrate because you know that if your client is granted bail most likely he/she will jump bail thus such condition from the magistrate.

Such request or condition is to deter you from disturbing them and you know you requested for "any other condition".

Please read the post properly to understand that I am only asking to be cleared as I wasn't directly involved.

The client has no intention to jump bail, magistrate just put that forward.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Mosetg4: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

NAF Decorates Kafayat Sanni & Tolulope Arotile As Female Combatant Pilots / The Ranking Structure Of The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) / 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.