Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater (2794 Views)

It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 25, 2018
OkaiCorne:

How do you pay your tithe?

What is God's definition of tithe and how do you pay it?

Stop dodging this question. Come out clearly and tell us how you pay tithes since you insist it is a valid requirement in the new covenant.

We need to be sure if you can really tell the difference between Judaism and Christianity on this tithing matter.

PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU PAY YOUR TITHES

Per the part of your message I bolded, I am still looking for where God instructed people to pay tithes monetarily...anything outside that is a false doctrine, so I am not arguing here, I am only after exposing a false doctrine and

Once more: PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU TITHE
I have said it all Mr. The Bible is the reference and I had discussed thing in other thread. I don't want to repeat myself saying something I had said which you know.
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by OkaiCorne(m): 7:04am On Jan 25, 2018
asuustrike2009:

I have said it all Mr. The Bible is the reference and I had discussed thing in other thread. I don't want to repeat myself saying something I had said which you know.

Very simple, you are dodging this question. Yet you are preaching people should pay tithes.

Lead by example. Tell us in clear terms how you pay your tithes, since you insist Christians must pay.

I can see another hide and seek game loading here.
Kindly quote where you mentioned how you pay your tithes so we can see how you are obeying God's instructions in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by enshy: 8:48am On Jan 25, 2018
GodsMopol:
Tithing is a commandment to the Saved.
The Saved are the disciples, the obedient and the sheep!
Therefore, if you must tithe, please be saved!!!
The reward of Tithing is largely in Heaven - It's the reward of Obedience.
Tithing may guarantee some financial rewards on earth but you can't compare it with the glory in Heaven.
And remember, some don't tithe and are prosperous. For ours, our treasures are in Heaven.
The purpose of Tithe: That there may be meat in my house. Are you a part of the House? Then tithe. Don't starve His Work...I tell you assuredly some have fulfilled the work of an evangelist by faithfully giving their all for His Work.
May God's Light fall upon us all 'His Called - The Church'...Amen!
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by OkaiCorne(m): 9:01am On Jan 25, 2018
enshy:

Tithing is a commandment to the Saved.
The Saved are the disciples, the obedient and the sheep!
Therefore, if you must tithe, please be saved!!!
The reward of Tithing is largely in Heaven - It's the reward of Obedience.
Tithing may guarantee some financial rewards on earth but you can't compare it with the glory in Heaven.
And remember, some don't tithe and are prosperous. For ours, our treasures are in Heaven.
The purpose of Tithe: That there may be meat in my house. Are you a part of the House? Then tithe. Don't starve His Work...I tell you assuredly some have fulfilled the work of an evangelist by faithfully giving their all for His Work.
May God's Light fall upon us all 'His Called - The Church'...Amen!

Bros, please tell us what God's definition of tithe is.

Then read Acts 15 and tell us if tithing is required of Christians.

Let us not mix up Judaism and Christianity please...
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Christ didn't abolish the law. You don't break the law expect things to work out fine in the name of grace. Christ came to reconcile man to the father because the offering of bulls and cows can not atone for their sin. Christ didn't say don't pay tithe but men assume otherwise. Christ is angry with humanity because they claim to know too much. He is bitter because his blood he shed for humanity is in vain. Christ is the custodian of the law because he was there from the beginning
you know nothing about Christ ministry of reconciliation. Why will Christ tell you not to pay tithe when he already abolish the old covenant and all the attendant laws and commandment. Christ had to end the old covenant in order to establish a new covenant. God wants us to know the truth that is why he said try every Spirit. Do you accept every doctrine because you don't want to be the Mr know it ? Which law is Christ the custodian? If you know what this new covenant is, you wouldn't be struggling for the old one that brought death. Christ is not happy with those who think the law can make them righteous because they make his death meaningless.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE.

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE CHRIST WILL NEVER BE SUFFICIENT FOR YOU.

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The righteousness of the law is filth rag compared to the righteousness by faith in Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Christ didn't abolish the law. You don't break the law expect things to work out fine in the name of grace. Christ came to reconcile man to the father because the offering of bulls and cows can not atone for their sin. Christ didn't say don't pay tithe but men assume otherwise. Christ is angry with humanity because they claim to know too much. He is bitter because his blood he shed for humanity is in vain. Christ is the custodian of the law because he was there from the beginning
you know nothing about Christ ministry of reconciliation. Why will Christ tell you not to pay tithe when he already abolish the old covenant and all the attendant laws and commandment. Christ had to end the old covenant in order to establish a new covenant. God wants us to know the truth that is why he said try every Spirit. Do you accept every doctrine because you don't want to be the Mr know it ? Which law is Christ the custodian? If you know what this new covenant is, you wouldn't be struggling for the old one that brought death. Christ is not happy with those who think the law can make them righteous because they make his death meaningless.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The righteousness of the law is filth rag compared to the righteousness by faith in Jesus.
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2018
solite3:

You know nothing because you're operating in the flesh. Study more and ask for deeper revelations instead of studyingt scriptures like literature in English. Christ came to abolish the law whereas he did say thou shall not kill. He mentions the fifth commandment (honoring parents) when exposing the Pharisees’ and scribes’ hypocrisy (Ex 20:12, 21:17; Mt 15:4; Mk 7:10). Jesus himself endorsed tithing in Matthew 23:23. Please ask the holy spirit to teach you instead of depending on your understanding
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 03, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You know nothing because you're operating in the flesh. Study more and ask for deeper revelations instead of studyingt scriptures like literature in English. Christ came to abolish the law whereas he did say thou shall not kill. He mentions the fifth commandment (honoring parents) when exposing the Pharisees’ and scribes’ hypocrisy (Ex 20:12, 21:17; Mt 15:4; Mk 7:10). Jesus himself endorsed tithing in Matthew 23:23. Please ask the holy spirit to teach you instead of depending on your understanding
where did Jesus endorse tithe for his disciples?

2 Likes

Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by doyinbaby(f): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
enilove:
Salvation is like a certificate.
Can you get a certificate without obeying the rules and regulations of the school , like passing the required subjects , paying your school fees and obeying the school's rules and regulations ?

Salvation is not an automatic thing , there are so MANY THINGS OR COMMANDMENTS TO OBEY.
wrong teaching.,,....salvation is simply obtained by believing in Christ Jesus......if good works could save ,what exactly the Jesus Christ come to do on earth.....

Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by doyinbaby(f): 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2018
Salvation is by faith in Christ Jesus,....it is a free gift.....you can not do any thing to deserve it......it is a Free gift which must be accepted by faith....

1 Like

Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
solite3:
where did Jesus endorse tithe for his disciples?
Read the Bible verse I gave you
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Read the Bible verse I gave you
were the pharisees Jesus disciples? A simple yes or no would save us from going circular.

The truth is tithing which is even the smallest thing in the law which Christ has abolished is inconsequential in the new testament. Only a man who is reprobate will equate the smallest thing in in that which is just a shadow of the real deal to the the real thing.
Just like saying the ministry of moses is equal to that of Christ only an apostate would affirm such.

1 Like

Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
The answer to this is that salvation ( which God gives) is far greater, in fact can't be compared with tithe ( what man gives ).

Psalms 50:7 Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God.

50:8 I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.

50:9 I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.

50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

50:11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

50:12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

50:13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?

50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
solite3:
were the pharisees Jesus disciples? A simple yes or no would save us from going circular.

The truth is tithing which is even the smallest thing in the law which Christ has abolished is inconsequential in the new testament. Only a man who is reprobate will equate the smallest thing in in that which is just a shadow of the real deal to the the real thing.
Just like saying the ministry of moses is equal to that of Christ only an apostate would affirm such.
Christ didn't abolish tithing, don't say what you don't know. Jesus never and would never abolish tithing.
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
solite3:

Jesus didn't abolish tithing. Don't say what you don't know.
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by OkaiCorne(m): 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Jesus didn't abolish tithing. Don't say what you don't know.

Then tell us how you have been paying yours...since God never demanded Tithes to be paid monetarily...
Re: Salvation And Tithe, Which Is Greater by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Christ didn't abolish tithing, don't say what you don't know. Jesus never and would never abolish tithing.
and yet you couldn't show me where Christ approved tithe payment for his disciples.
I thank God everything I wrote where backed up with scripture. If you choose to be ignorant, so be it.
1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Question For Sciencewatch? / Does Anybody Believe That Human Corpse Can Turn To Money? / How Yahweh's Jealousy Stripped Him Of Being The Only God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.