Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple (49459 Views)

Nigerian Man In US Weds His White Bride In Beautiful Traditional Wears (Video) / Igbo Couple Use 'Ukwa' Sauce To Make Their Wedding Cake (Photos) / She Shot Her Shot And It Ended In Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by psalmson001: 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2017
Abeg can we see a copy of the bride price journal? So we can know If they have reduced d number of pages/items coz nkechi don dey on "is coming" for a long time now cheesy grin
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by fatymore(f): 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2017
PenlsCaP:

The haters have arived...abeg who will help me with that meme.
grin....To be candid.. The males aren't dressing to taste.. One even put on sandal abi pam
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by PenlsCaP: 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2017
fatymore:
grin....To be candid.. The males aren't dressing to taste.. One even put on sandal abi pam

Lol na dat one spoil am..
Others are ok
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by buchilino(m): 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2017
I ONLY WISH AFRICANS CAN ALWAYS BE PROUD OF DER CULTURE N STOP COPYING WESTERN WAY OF LIFE. LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL BOTH BRIDE N GROOM R ON LOCAL ATTIRES.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by okerekeikpo: 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2017
Fine pics but na the wife spoil the pics she is too ugly
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by IYANGBALI: 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2017
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by IYANGBALI: 11:11pm On Nov 17, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Okay
Not all that lipsrsealed
May God bless their union
crocodile prayer wey no reach your belle
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by fatymore(f): 11:13pm On Nov 17, 2017
PenlsCaP:

Lol na dat one spoil am..
Others are ok
yinmu
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by PenlsCaP: 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
fatymore:
yinmu

Yimu back!!. The haters have arrived.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by blaqroy: 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
Interviewer: why did your previous relationship end?

Me: One day, the argument got so heated that she took off her wig, cleaned her makeup and faced me man to man. That was it man. cool cool cool
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by Zhahovic(m): 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
all the brides maids are finer than the bride. . loollool
cry cry shocked
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
Wan dey copy-cat Yoruba... grin
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by 1shortblackboy: 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2017
mcheeeeeewwww na so igbo people go dey copy Niger delta dress dem no go even copy am well see as the men tie george kon wear socks with shoe.... smh

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 18, 2017
The couple ugly no be small, chai! This people are not real IGBOs. Real IGBOs are not ugly like this, these people are from Oturkpo! grin grin
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by NisforNicky: 12:23am On Nov 18, 2017
Abegi ,awon omo nna dem be useless pipo jawe cheesy cheesy
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by ahmEenu(m): 12:43am On Nov 18, 2017
ibkayee:
Bride and her bridesmaids look cute
will you be my bride
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by FRANKOSKI(m): 12:59am On Nov 18, 2017
YA GAZIE shocked
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by sinceraconcept(m): 1:32am On Nov 18, 2017
Igbos be like that is Chief Nkpokpo 1 of Agu Kingdom
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by NonsoPlatinum: 2:41am On Nov 18, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted in the Igbo-British community. Have a look at their channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZWXvT7Xd4
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by NonsoPlatinum: 2:41am On Nov 18, 2017
Beautiful couple
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:47am On Nov 18, 2017
countryfive:
cry pre wedding pics for babalawo house.

Dbia*

and thats how a normak Igbk is supposed to dress. not lije slaves who do white wedding

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by Ishilove: 6:02am On Nov 18, 2017
Nothing outstanding about these photos. I don't see anything particularly unique except their costumes and the environment. When the op said 'showcasing' the Igbo culture I was expecting something more, not this very western style 'traditional' photoshoot.

It's like a costume party, not a real Igbo wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by nengibo: 6:03am On Nov 18, 2017
1shortblackboy:
mcheeeeeewwww na so igbo people go dey copy Niger delta dress dem no go even copy am well see as the men tie george kon wear socks with shoe.... smh
Dem go soon claim etibo na dere own, i no just understand the socks sha, dere ladies now put on kilari suu(coral cap) for traditional marriage, but nothing spoil who no like fine thing
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by judgedredd22(m): 7:02am On Nov 18, 2017
ibkayee:
Bride and her bridesmaids look cute

i will have you in that cute attire....

after i take you from your boo! grin grin grin grin
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by Captain6(m): 7:04am On Nov 18, 2017
Chibuhealth:
say NO to APC in Anambra. they can only win through rigging
Such a beauty. kiss
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by KemjikaEme: 7:09am On Nov 18, 2017
stacyadams:
i sure say na ohafia be that
It doesn't have to be ohafia. This is the traditional attire of all the Northern Abia groups and by extention,the entire Southern Igbo groups.
This is an appropriate Igbo attire without the addition of Western trouser.
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by KemjikaEme: 7:19am On Nov 18, 2017
1shortblackboy:
For your information, the George wrapper is a traditional attire of the Igbo people, it doesn't matter the number of non Igbo groups that tie George wrappers.

In Igboland, traditional attire is not complete without the Indian madras also known as George in Nigeria.
The men are not going to go bare footed so they have to wear Shoe and socks like anyother human in the world.
It is ridiculous to speak on what you don't know or understand as a consequence of self inflicted ignorance.
Let me explain it once again!
Tying George wrapper is the traditional attire of Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by KemjikaEme: 7:21am On Nov 18, 2017
Ishilove:
Nothing outstanding about these photos. I don't see anything particularly unique except their costumes and the environment. When the op said 'showcasing' the Igbo culture I was expecting something more, not this very western style 'traditional' photoshoot.

It's like a costume party, not a real Igbo wedding.
Can you be more elaborate and point why you see a costume party rather than an aspect of Igbo culture?
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 18, 2017
The bride just seems nice...
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by Ishilove: 7:24am On Nov 18, 2017
KemjikaEme:

Can you be more elaborate and point why you see a costume party rather than an aspect of Igbo culture?
Will the woman stand and lean over the man in true Igbo culture?

Will the little girl sit on the bench with her legs wide open while her elders stand in true Igbo culture?

Fact is I looked at the photos and did not feel the Igbo spirit. The attires are colourful but that's just it. Nothing more.
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by KemjikaEme: 7:32am On Nov 18, 2017
Ishilove:

Will the woman stand and lean over the man in true Igbo culture?

Will the little girl sit on the bench with her legs wide open while her elders stand in true Igbo culture?
I was expecting points that reveal a real misrepresentation of Igbo culture not a two irrelevant stuffs.
Yes, the little girl can sit wherever and however she likes. There are many vintage pictures of little kids sitting while the elders stand at the back.
In old pictures of Igbo couples i've seen, a man sits down while his wife stands over him.
Please give me major points!
Re: Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple by 1shortblackboy: 7:34am On Nov 18, 2017
KemjikaEme:

For your information, the George wrapper is a traditional attire of the Igbo people, it doesn't matter the number of non Igbo groups that tie George wrappers.

In Igboland, traditional attire is not complete without the Indian madras also known as George in Nigeria.
The men are not going to go bare footed so they have to wear Shoe and socks like anyother human in the world.
It is ridiculous to speak on what you don't know or understand as a consequence of self inflicted ignorance.
Let me explain it once again!
Tying George wrapper is the traditional attire of Igbo people.
I no get time to argue with an igbo man over traditional dress igbo man wey dey wear anything wey dey reign call am igbo dress. Ur allowed to copy, but wen u copy, copy coreectly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Cruise On Boat As They Give Their Pre-wedding Photos A Village Theme / One Day Women In Hijab Will Be More Attractive Than Those Bitches In Bikini-lady / Dont Know It To Ask For Forgiveness From My Ex (advise Needed Urgently)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.