Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services (8377 Views)

How Do I Tell My Husband I No Longer Want His Hosting Services? / Come In Lets Share Funds | Cyberleets Community / What's With Web Developers And The Word "We"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Tolupage(m): 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2017
As a young entrepreneur I've decided to only patronize local host I'm Nigeria. I both host on Qservers and whoghost.

from experience both are good and have excellent customer support.

Qserver has really good service but would give headache to newie programmers as their default php version is I think 7.0 or 6.5 not really sure but you could ask them to downgrade it for you. Also they've disabled mail() function so it's difficult sending mails.

Whogohost is really good as they don't have much problems with scripts but I've encountered one major problem with them before I.e. my websites does not load on glo network after sometime. while the same glo opens all other website I had on Qserver. so I was told to clear cache on my browser. it worked but I'm sure you know it's not normal..

my personal experience tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by FarmTech(m): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
adeblow:
Stay away from smartweb, they are just an apology and scam at Tue same time. I tried them twice and they have proved to be unfit, u will hardly be able to install your site, and when u do, u can't update.
Qservers.net is a good one.
I own farmersjoint.com and I have been hosting it on
smartweb since 2014. Site installalatn and updates have been easy for me. I will recommend it for anyone that need a cheap and yet reliable host.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by linearity: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2017
Try unicpage.com or PM me. I can host it for you at discounted rate of $1.5/month, paid yearly.

My servers are in the US and uptime is 99.99999, ie 5 9s.

To get the discount rate above, you must transfer your domain name to unicpage.com. This essentially add one more year to you'd domain registration.

You also get; 2x email addresses each 1g and ftp login+1 x database.

Note:
To get this discount, don't sign up for the hosting package online, create your account transfer your domain name and let me know and I will take care of the rest.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by FarmTech(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
IAmSkinny:
I use whogohost for my blog
www.fototech.com.ng
One issue I have right now is that I am running out of Web disk space and the most funniest thing is that my multimedia files (pictures only) are not even that much.
Why not host ur images on a CDN or cloud flare
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by obatoro: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
Bluehost, namecheap. They both have good customer care.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by adeblow(m): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2017
FarmTech:

smartweb since 2014. Site installalatn and updates have been easy for me. I will recommend it for anyone that need a cheap and yet reliable host.
Oh, that's good for u. I hope u are not one of their owners. Well, if I knew u, I would have sent u a username and password of a hosted website to see.
I have other websites I hosted with other hosts that haven't given that issue before. And this is the second website from that host I have experienced.
It was when I tried another host I knew it wasn't me.
In fact search on nairaland, there is a thread someone opened on this issue of smartweb.Even to access the cpanel is an issue.
Check this link on nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/3087129/bad-experience-smartweb-hosting-company
There is another link on nairaland again, check here
https://www.nairaland.com/3754545/please-beware-hosting-website-smartweb
Look, I have nothing on them, just a bad experience.
I think nairaland should take smartweb off their list because they are fraudulent
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by naijacartoon: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
I stand with Namecheap, we use it at www.spiracletechnology.com for hosting client sites. We also use Smartweb for buying domain names, we host test sites only there but migrate to namecheap.
Namecheap is great especially with Wordpress, the only issue is with their ip detection system i.e if you switch line, your cp will not load full feature accessibility but customer care is so great too which handle such one time. Check us at www.spiracletechnology.com
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by adeblow(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
FarmTech:

Another complaints thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3795838/worst-web-hosting-company-nigeria
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by fineyemi(m): 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
Who has ever tried hosting24.com
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by adeblow(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
FarmTech:

Another complaints thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3540940/worst-web-hosting-nightmare-smartweb
Look in fact I think u are one of their advertisers because I cannot forget my horrible experience with them.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by adeblow(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
obatoro:
Bluehost, namecheap. They both have good customer care.
Yes bluehost is wonderful I've tried them
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by IAmSkinny: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
Heromaniaa:
same issue I suffered. Some unseen ish keeps gobbling up the disk space.
Exactly, how did you resolve your own issue?
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by IAmSkinny: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
FarmTech:
Why not host ur images on a CDN or cloud flare
Na free
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Heromaniaa: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
Singlecliq:

Do you have FTP login details?
nope. How do I get that?
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
Namecheap is simply outstanding. I recommend them.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by infogenius(m): 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
webincomeplus:

I guess you didn't understand my post. What I meant was that you shouldn't pay for 3 years at once. Of course, I've been using Hostgator since 2012, but I pay monthly and that's fine by me.

Paying for more than one year at once isn't advisable, not because the hosting company might start offering crappy services, but because your needs might change. For example, your site might start pulling massive traffic and you'd need to get your own dedicated server, which Namecheap doesn't offer at the moment.
U're right
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Singlecliq: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
Heromaniaa:
nope. How do I get that?
You can chat me up on WhatsApp with the number on my profile
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by bensowe(m): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
Check my signature for cheaper web hosting with enough GB for your websites . . . . http:///2mlAn1f
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Vuproff: 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
I go with
Reputahost.com
They are excellent in service and prices.

Www.reputahost.com
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by IDEALCASH(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
Try ipage and you will be glad you did
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by jboy01(m): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
To all those looking for an excellent and affordable hosting, give speedyconnect.net a trail and you will never regret you did. 24/7 uptime, excellent cutomer service, unlimited space, unlimited bandwidth, infact check their website to know more about their services
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:11am On Nov 20, 2017
webincomeplus:

That's the plan I've been using with them since 2012. But I'm seriously considering moving all my sites to Namecheap.

But as a note of warning, don't make the mistake of paying for any hosting service for 3 years at once. Anything can happen along the line, and getting a refund can be hard.
Alright bro. thanks a lot. I really appreciate this
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by ashiraf(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
you can use www.riseshost.tk
they offer good service, you can host your website for free and you own full contral and unlimited space,for more just visit their site www.riseshost.tk
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by leanstack: 7:21am On Nov 21, 2017
Yinkash100:

bro i've read alot of stuffs lyk this before coming here.

btw you've not post any link to a site you hosted with bluehost, I only see afflitate links
Thank you Yinka for that observation.

Let me start by saying I honestly understand the spot you are in now, just imagine how much work you have put in to get the best uptime, best value and the lowest side cost in the long run.
Still I will dare recommend Leanstack web hosting to you Yinka, first thing first we are not cheap and we don't plan to compete on price but quality.
Our offering: docker-on-demand for all our plans
Unmetered bandwidth for our premium service and metered bandwidth depending on your site(s)
Free backup space, automatic update, any nos of websites, 24/7 customer responsive we don't go on holidays

Our pricing has been setup in such a way that you can give us a shot for a month or two and if you are not impressed you can move away. No one client of ours as ever backed out or come on media to complain of our service, none. Give us confidence Yinka and you won't be disappointed.
https://www.leanstack.co/
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Dmayor7(m): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2017
leanstack:

Thank you Yinka for that observation.

Which observation?

Dont go and start taking advantage of his mistake to make your own point.

I never posted a lot of affiliate links. There is one affiliate link and the other is a link to a post in my website.

I only made use of lots of colors for emphasis.

And when he said that at the beginning, I overlooked it because i know the colors is what he is mistaking as lots of links.

So, don't just start.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by FarmTech(m): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
IAmSkinny:

Na free
I don't know much about it yet but I plan using it when my site start getting lots of traffic. U can Google it to find more info.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by FarmTech(m): 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
adeblow:

Oh, that's good for u. I hope u are not one of their owners. Well, if I knew u, I would have sent u a username and password of a hosted website to see.
I have other websites I hosted with other hosts that haven't given that issue before. And this is the second website from that host I have experienced.
It was when I tried another host I knew it wasn't me.
In fact search on nairaland, there is a thread someone opened on this issue of smartweb.Even to access the cpanel is an issue.
Check this link on nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/3087129/bad-experience-smartweb-hosting-company
There is another link on nairaland again, check here
https://www.nairaland.com/3754545/please-beware-hosting-website-smartweb
Look, I have nothing on them, just a bad experience.
I think nairaland should take smartweb off their list because they are fraudulent
I am not one of their owners. I'm just telling u my experience. When I had problem with them was when I was still a newbie, not knowing how to handle simple error messages, and some of them were actually my fault. At a later time my site got hacked due to old, unudated plugins and they did not have a backup. But after those initial crisis I've not had any problem with them. If u can state the exact problem u face maybe I can help u. Also open an urgent ticket.
The links u shared also have people that like smartweb, so I think it is an issue of newbies or so.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Youngzedd(m): 7:26am On Nov 22, 2017
hassinho707:
Nobody has said anything about cloud flare

Cloud flare isnt a Web hosting company rather CDN company.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Youngzedd(m): 7:28am On Nov 22, 2017
webincomeplus:

I beg to differ. I have hosted my highest-traffic site with them for three years now, and I've never had a single issue with them. I'm on their VPS plan, though, so I don't know if you're complaining about their shared hosting.

But the truth is inmotionhosting.com can be expensive. They charge me $299 every 6 months. Thats $50 per month!

You dey mind that dude.

The dude that cannot list a single reason. InMotionHosting and siteground na top players in the game.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by muideensamuel92(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2017
November 24 Powered By Namecheap
save up to 99% on hosting and domain in upcoming Black Friday deals on NameCheap.
Get ready for the biggest deal of the year brought to you by name cheap, black Friday spectacular.

UPCOMING DEALS.

Domain Deals

Hosting Deals

SSL certificate Deals

Private Email Deals

HOW IT WORKS

1. Be Prepared
make sure to create an account and ready to log in before the deal go live and claim them right away don't forget you can only have access to this deals if you are logged in REGISTER HERE

2. Coupons
There is no show without a ticket, it a limited offer so you have to be quick, you will be giving a coupon code which allows you to get the deal within 48 hours. when it comes to domain ad website you need to think fast, Read terms and conditions for full promotional deals.

Don't miss out this great deal Bookmark this Page or visit NameCheap to read more about the deal.
Re: Webmasters Lets Share Our Experience With Web Hosting Services by Dmayor7(m): 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
Inside: Something better than that web hosting you wanted to buy

Hello Dear,

We’ve all gotten gifts we wish had never been placed on this earth. But this gift I have for you? It’s not one of ‘em.

If you buy anytime between now and 12midnight, I can offer you a 63% Discount on Bluehost WordPress Hosting.

As simple as that!

If you’re interested in learning more, click here www.w3programs.com/hosting or send me an email via darlington@w3programs.com.

And if you’d rather go with that other web hosting and get back to me after the first of the year -- that’s OK too.

But you gonna miss the discount by then.

So hurry now,

www.w3programs.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Easyphp (swamp Server) Refuses To Start Pls Help Me Resolve This / How Often Do You Google Yourself? / The 6 Types Of Website Traffic (and How To Get Them)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.