Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . (1071 Views)

This Picture Is The Reason Why I Think Its A Grave Offense To Be A SIMP As A Guy / @ Early 30's, U Think Its No Big Deal Dating An 18 Yr Old... But U Can't Do This / Ghana Girl With The Biggest Boobs , See Her Last Photo I Think Its Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . by golor(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2017
I am not a blogger , but recently we have had a lot about this two star Davido and Wizkid. To some people (fans) Davido is better and to some (fans ) Wizkid is better. Let me use this medium to state that the both are authorities of their own right (style of music ) but I feel credit should be given to those who truely deserve it ....A year achievement shouldnt be scale of measurement to pronounce someone better off than someone who has being there , no doubt Davido was superb this year, due to that some fans said his better of than his counterpart. I strongly disagree , we should give more credit to Wizkid who feel there's need to try something new , and believe me , he didn't do that bad in his performance. if he had channel that energy he used on western land , he could've have done a lil bit better in pleasing his African based fans.who knows?well I am only guess.

On the other hand kudos to Davido for his doggyness , he did relent despart his 30 billion in his account and the upcoming trying to steal the show from him and starboy ...I salute his hard work.

Before I drop this fact , permit me to say , hard work can only beat talent that refused to work hard , I can vividly say Davido is the hard worker and believe me , Wizkid is a talent and oh yes hie is working hard . I don't see Davido beating him in the show except he stop working hard.

Kudos to both tho , but let the fans decided who's superior.... Here we go .....

Please pardon my typo , I will edit soon

Mynd44

Fyniestbio

Lalasticlala
Re: I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . by golor(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2017
Wizkid

Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun (born 16 July 1990),better known by his stage name Wizkid (sometimes stylised as WizKid), is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He started recording music at age 11 and managed to release a collaborative album with the Glorious Five, a group he and a couple of his church friends formed. In 2009, he signed a record deal with Banky W.'s record label Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E). He rose to prominence in 2010 with the release of the song "Holla at Your Boy" from his debut studio album, Superstar (2011). "Tease Me/Bad Guys", "Don't Dull", "Love My Baby", "Pakurumo" and "Oluwa Lo Ni" were also released as singles from the Superstar album. Wizkid's self-titled second studio album, Ayo, was released in September 2014 and was preceded by six singles: "Jaiye Jaiye", "On Top Your Matter", "One Question", "Joy", "Bombay" and "Show You the Money".

In 2016, Wizkid achieved international recognition following his collaboration with Drake on the global hit, "One Dance", which reached number one in 15 countries, including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. In addition to his solo work, Wizkid has collaborated with several other artists and was featured on the hits "Girl" (with Bracket), "Fine Lady" (with Lynxxx), "Sexy Mama" (with Iyanya), "Slow Down" (with R2Bees), "The Matter" (with Maleek Berry), "Pull Over" (with KCee) and "Bad Girl" (with Jesse Jagz).

Following the release of his second studio album and expiration of his 5-year recording contract, Wizkid left E.M.E. On 1 March 2017, Billboard magazine reported that Wizkid signed a multi-album deal with RCA Records.The deal was first reported by several media outlets in September 2016.The chairman and CEO of RCA Records, Peter Edge, somewhat confirmed the signing while speaking to Music Business Worldwide in January 2017.

He was ranked 5th on Forbes and Channel O's 2013 list of the Top 10 Richest/Bankable African Artists.In February 2014, Wizkid became the first ever Nigerian musician to have over 1 million followers on Twitter.Moreover, he became the first Afrobeats artist to appeared in the 2018 Guinness World Records for his contribution to Drake's hit song "One Dance".

Wizkid's contribution to the Nigerian Music Industry has earned him several achievements. As of November 2017, Nigerian recording artist Wizkid has received a total of 47 awards from 161 nominations. He is the recipient of two BET Award, three Billboard Music Awards, two iHeartRadio Music Awards, one MTV Europe Music Awards, four MTV Africa Music Awards, two SoundCity MVP Awards, one African Pride Award, two MOBO Award, six The Headies Awards, two Channel O Music Video Awards, six Nigeria Entertainment Awards, two Ghana Music Awards, two Dynamix All Youth Awards, two City People Entertainment Awards, and a Future Award. In addition, he has been nominated five times at the MTV Europe Music Awards, three times at the American Music Awards, once at the Grammy Awards, as well as four times at the World Music Awards.

Please show some love . how many like for Wizzy? (Star boy)

47 Award and 161 nominations so far

3 Likes

Re: I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . by golor(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2017
Davido

David Adedeji Adeleke (born November 21, 1992),better known by his stage name Davido, is a Nigerian recording artist, performer and record producer. His 2011 single "Dami Duro" was well-received throughout Nigeria. Along with his elder brother Adewale Adeleke, Davido is the co-owner of HKN Music (a record label home to Sina Rambo, B. Red and DeeKay). He has produced songs for Naeto C, Skales, Tiwa Savage and Sauce Kid. In April 2012, he signed an endorsement deal with MTN Nigeria.On October 23, 2013, Davido partnered with Guinness Nigeria for the "Guinness World of More" concert.

Born in Atlanta, Georgia, Davido relocated to Lagos at a young age. His debut album Omo Baba Olowo, released in 2012, was supported by the singles "Back When" featuring Naeto C, "Dami Duro", "All of You", "Overseas" featuring Sina Rambo, "Ekuro", "Gbon Gbon" and "Feel Alright" featuring Ice Prince. Between 2013 and 2015, Davido released the singles "Gobe", "One of a Kind", "Skelewu", "Aye", "Tchelete (Goodlife)" featuring Mafikizolo, "Naughty" featuring DJ Arafat, "Owo Ni Koko", "The Sound" and "The Money" featuring Olamide. The aforementioned singles were reportedly intended to be singles off the album, The Baddest.

In January 2016, Davido announced via Twitter that he signed a record deal with Sony Music. His announcement was met with mixed reactions.The record label put out a press release to confirm the deal.Davido started his own label, Davido Music Worldwide (DMW), few months after signing with Sony.Dremo and Mayorkun are currently signed to the label. In July 2016, Davido signed a record deal with Sony's RCA Records.

As of November 2017, Davido has received a total of 33 awards from 79 nominations. He is the recipient of a BET Award, a Kora Award, a Channel O Music Video Award, a Ghana Music Award, a Nigeria Music Video Award, 2 MTV Africa Music Awards, 4 African Muzik Magazine Awards, 5 The Headies Awards, 7 Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2 Dynamix All Youth Awards.[citation needed] and most recently, MTV Europe Music Award as Best African Act 2017 and MTV Europe Music Award for Best Worldwide Act 2017.

Please show some love for Davido aka 30billion corner ...how many like for Davido

33 award and 79 nominations so far

3 Likes

Re: I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . by jacyhelen(f): 7:09am On Nov 19, 2017
Nice one at op but tell the mod to mmove it to the right section..here is Romance where people tell their love story
Re: I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 19, 2017
Who the fuvk are they
Re: I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . by unadeymadkwa: 7:35am On Nov 19, 2017
MidNightHunter:
Who the fuvk are they

Same question
Re: I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . by ObaKlaz: 7:38am On Nov 19, 2017
Wizkid or Davido?

...I'm a little too old to choose a side.
Re: I Think Its Enough Of The Comparison Between Davido And Wizkid , See Fact . by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 19, 2017
davido works hard,but wizkid is music...do u think davido can perform well using a live band?

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways For Man To Be Completely Happy / Asking Girls The Way To The Toilet Without Mentioning "TOILET" / "No Man Wants A Girl That Studies"man React After Finding Out His Crush Has Bsc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.