Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,861 members, 7,855,535 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:56 AM

Pure Water Biz(Discuss) - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pure Water Biz(Discuss) (230865 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame for the empty satchet pure water that litter the streets.

Pure water producers: 12% (1 vote)
End users: 50% (4 votes)
Ministry of environment: 25% (2 votes)
Hawkers: 0% (0 votes)
Waste disposal contractors: 12% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Hw To Write A Pure Water Biz Proposal / How Lucrative Is Pure Water Biz In Lagos? / Pure Water Biz In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 3:24pm On May 06, 2011
Hi everyone, It's been hectic trying to function with the fuel hike but I am surviving. The good thing is that I do not move goods by day, I operate the Nightshift which halves diesel consumption by the vans. It is a good survival strategy now. There is no fear of theft, my people do not hold cash at night, customers pay in the money to a bank account.

I promised to write about certain new developments in the sub-sector and I will do that within the next three days but I will answer Kabarka on the issue of the enthusiastic salesmen he saw. People can only work that hard if there is something in it for them. A fixed pay will never bring out that level of devotion. They are also other ways of inspiring hard work like the diesel buy-back arrangement I have with my staff. It sounds very funny and I may appear weird to agree with such but it is working magic. It is not an original idea but I copied and modified it from others I saw doing well.

There is  an agreed number of litres that can take you to and fro for each trip. We all know the van can take less than that especially at night. What we do is give you full money to buy that number of litres knowing full well that there will be plenty of change left. A good team can run five times from base to Lagos Island at night just to earn all the FUEL money for five trips.

In my own case I do buy back. If you are entitled to sixty litres and you use just thirty, I usually buy back the remaining thirty litres and pay cash but at a highly reduced price. That way I don't feel much of the fuel price increase. I don't know how come the vehicles started taking very low quantity since this arrangement. They are not adding kerosine. I do check.

This may sound silly but if you give exactly what is needed without the extra, you must get a call that the "motor cut gas". I have done my costing and there is still profit with the number of litres I give out. ThIS BIZ THRIVES ON TURNOVER, YOU MUST ENCOURAGE THAT BY ALL MEANS.

It is an intricate relationship but you must ensure your peopla are well provided for and that everything is tied to performance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 11:37am On May 09, 2011
Nice!! Welcome back madam.
Have you received the package.Have been search for your number,need to call you.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 4:07pm On May 14, 2011
As rain has started dropping,i hope we spend more time here.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by etchel(m): 6:30pm On May 14, 2011
[size=8pt][/size]
I COMMEND EVERY 1 . I HAVE FEW WORDS. PURE WATER BUSINESS CANNOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT THE LONGEVITY OF THE WATER TASTE, ODOUR AND COLOUR.

I HAVE A TECHNOLOGY WHICH WHEN U PLACE IT IN YOUR WATER PRODUCTION JUST ONE HOUR, WILL REFINE THE WATER TO EXACT SPRING WATER FOR 1 AND HALF YEAR MAXIMUM AND IT ALSO BOOST LONGEVITY OF HEALTH.

ITS A SECRET TECHNOLOGY AND IF YOU WANT TO EXCEL IN PURE WATER BUSINESS MORE THAN ANY OTHER WATER COMPANY CALL ME ON 08061387382 OR TEXT ME AND I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT THE AMERICANS TREAT THEIR WATER WITH TO MAKE IT EXACT INTO SPRING WATER AND WHY THEY LIVE MORE LONGER.

I AM MR MITCHEL JUST BACK FROM OVERSEAS AND I HAVE GOT A FEW STAY IN NIGERIA. THANKS.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by usbcable(m): 9:47am On May 15, 2011
hello Karbaka,
I happen to just stumble across this topic.
I will read through the 14 pages(am on 3rd page now).
however could you send me the info you have so far sent to numerous mailboxes.
My better half plans to go into the business, but am just helping in gathering as much info as possible to see where she could best fit in.

the mail box is ojoabidemi15@yahoo.com
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by AAT2: 9:08pm On May 15, 2011
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by usbcable(m): 10:27pm On May 15, 2011
Hello Kabarka,
thank you so much.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by toolegit: 7:04pm On May 16, 2011
Pls hon. karbaka my mail is boladepiver@yahoo.com. Am interested in the biz
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by heilige(m): 9:49pm On May 16, 2011
Very imformative. Nice work there. Thank you contributors for your efforts. Mostly Madam L and topic moderator.
I was just making research on this business before starting, and i came across this topic. I was just about setting up the factory.
Now i know i have to visit NAFDAC before going ahead.

Please send me this your so called free info. Email already in your inbox.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by flo194: 1:16pm On May 18, 2011
kabarka:

This is very crucial and interesting.
Many people need this because there are many great ideas but NO START-UP CAPITAL.

What is the fate of people that get to know about this late?

@headworld,kindly inform us next time the program comes up.

Thank you GREATLY.

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by flo194: 1:27pm On May 18, 2011
flo194:

flo194:

@kabarka kindly send the start -up info to my mail folalekan@hotmail.com. God bless u sir
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 7:15pm On May 18, 2011
thanx ppl,you can read the mails now.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by toolegit: 6:20am On May 19, 2011
Tx karbaka for the infor u sent I will contact u soon. Pls I want to ask u if someome could use his residence for this biz, I mean wats d implication with nafdac visitation
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 3:45pm On May 20, 2011
Sorry friends for the long delay in writing this. I promised long ago to write about some of the new trends in this biz and that is what I am doing now. I noticed that there is a lingering impression that it takes a few thousands of naira to set up a water company. That is very far from the truth; it takes millions of naira to build a factory, sink an acceptable borehole, buy production machines and delivery vans and of course high-capacity gen sets.

Usually there are two main sections, the production/packaging section and the sales department. Each of these is a full set up by itself with its machinery, staff, supervisors, records and headaches. The problem and burnout experienced by producers is mainly as a result of managing, financing and shouldering the burdens of both sections.

That can be avoided and is being avoided these days; the development is equally creating more space for others to join the biz and make cool money at different levels. These days, one can decide to just play at the production side and keep away from the sales side. Others choose to only take up sales and leave off production. Yet some others skip some aspects of production like setting up a full factory while still packaging water. That way one can start reaping without having to throw in millions.

A typical example of producing without setting up a factory is the situation whereby one can reach an agreement with an existing factory to co-use facilities. All that is needed is for one to buy one or two packaging machines and install in the factory and then pay as agreed and he will start producing under the brand name of the company. It looks much like a franchise. Assuming the brand name is ‘wxy water’, you automatically produce under the name and sell or give out to others to sell.

Under that arrangement you must adhere to all issues related to quality assurance and ensure uniformity in all aspects. The good thing about this arrangement is that you will enjoy all the privileges accruing to the parent company. You see, long standing companies make a lot of friends and must have done a lot of ‘settlement’; you automatically benefit from these. It is akin to what many inter-state transport companies do. I gathered that all those fine buses do not belong to one man; others buy and register under the umbrella of the company. For some of them, no one stops them on the way to search or harass and I even heard rumours that they often settle some organized high way gangs such that they move in relative safety. It is the same arrangement here. You don’t dig a borehole nor build any factory nor buy gen set or pumping machines or land or reverse osmosis or any of the many expensive treatment get ups. The main man does that; you only arrive with your packaging machine(s).
This trend is working very well at some locations in Lagos notably at FESTAC Town and is spreading.

Another arrangement is for one to play only at distribution. In that case, you only arrive with one or two or three delivery vans. You totally skip all aspects of packaging. At the factory, water is sold to you at a highly-reduced price and you load your vans and sell at higher, profitable rates. It is very much like being a distributor for big companies. You only worry about just the vans and maintaining them.

The very best of them all is the lucrative 19-litre water jar biz. You can decide to buy jars, fill at an existing company and sell. This is lucrative because the jars are re-usable, unlike smaller bottles and sachets.
So if you know you cannot afford to set up a full factory, you can decide on any of these options and explore them. It is a new era and new doors are opening in the sub-sector but you must be ready to comply with all set standards. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

1 Like

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 3:10am On May 23, 2011
too legit:

Tx karbaka for the infor u sent I will contact u soon. Pls I want to ask u if someome could use his residence for this biz, I mean wats d implication with nafdac visitation

@too legit,
Answers have been given to this in previous pages but let me give  you answer from a new ebook that will soon appear on my blog.
its named

THE GUIDELINES OF NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TABLE WATER PRODUCERS OF NIGERIA(ATWAP)

A part of it reads- The water processing plant should be located on a non-residential area and never within the residential house or premises.

The factory building should be walled off from external interference.Provisions should be made for the raw material and finished product storage,processing or water treatment room,packaging room,cloak room,toilet facilities for workers etc.

The factory must not be situated near a refuse dump,abattoir,grave yard,soakaway pit or oil depot;as these are possible sources of contamination.

But as you know laws are meant for humans,humans are not meant for the law.

If you have read Pure water free information 2 very well,you will know about ADVISORY INSPECTION.

Invite NAFDAC first,if those prohibited things are arround,they will check the measurements from your borehole.I think for soakaway,it should be above 10meters from borehole.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by chrisaye: 8:51am On May 23, 2011
Thanks for the great work you are doing. I want to start a pure water factory as soon as possible. please could you help send me a complete guide (business plan) including cost on how to achieve this to my e-mail address. saintchrisaye@yahoo.com Thanks!
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by grea2tbom: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
Pls am interested send all to xboyglo@yahoo.com
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by AGARIfoods: 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2011
Hello all,

We have the following used water production equipment for sale in our Lagos plant:

Treatment plants, Reverse Osmosis, tanks, sachet machines, UVs, Ozone treatment plant, pumps, 4 pick - up trucks, 1 Danfo bus and covered by expertise.

Please, contact us immediately if you are interested.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by hannie: 12:03am On Jun 03, 2011
^ why do u want to sell ur stuff?

contact details?

pix pls?
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2011
@chrisaye and grea2tbon
i have written you.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 11:55pm On Jun 04, 2011
AGARIfoods:

Hello all,

We have the following used water production equipment for sale in our Lagos plant:

Treatment plants, Reverse Osmosis, tanks, sachet machines, UVs, Ozone treatment plant, pumps, 4 pick - up trucks, 1 Danfo bus and covered by expertise.

Please, contact us immediately if you are interested.

how could all these items be open for sale at the sametime.It looks like selling a whole factory without the land.
Tell us what's happening?
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by AGARIfoods: 4:29pm On Jun 07, 2011
The owners are relocating abroad and it wouldn't be economical leaving the equipments unused or unattended. Hope this will clarify any objection and besides we still await bidders for inspection. Thanks.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by ugosonAU(m): 3:56am On Jun 08, 2011
Pls i need a detailed list of facilities required for sachet water production and thier prices. my email is okoyeugoson@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by ugosonAU(m): 6:34am On Jun 08, 2011
Hello Mr. Kabarka. Thank you very much for the good work u are doing. Pls i need a detailed copy of all the equipment required for the sachet water production, how and where to source them and their prices. Pls forward it to my mail: okoyeugoson@yahoo.com
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 4:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
AGARIfoods:

The owners are relocating abroad and it wouldn't be economical leaving the equipments unused or unattended. Hope this will clarify any objection and besides we still await bidders for inspection. Thanks.

Good this is enough clarification and there's nothing bad about their decision,nobody can question that but it could also mean their inability to establish a SYSTEM for their business.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by ugosonAU(m): 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
Good day. Please Mr. Kabarka i'm stil waiting for a reply to my request
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by AmAlone: 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
Thanks very much guys for this wonderful thread!!!!
Please I want to know if it is possible to make a profit of
30,000 a day from 2 trucks

A friend of mine claims to be making this much per day
He just ventured into the biz like 6months ago
and from then he told me he was making 40k a day from both trucks
Now that we are in the rainy season, he claim he's making 30k per day
can someone please clearify how true this can be?
His is possible?
Location is around Ikotun!
Peace!!!
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2011
@Am alone,
what is the capacity of the trucks?
How many trips do they normally go?
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by omoola007(m): 11:34am On Jun 13, 2011
Hello LInsert Quote
Hello Mr. Kabarka

Thank for for all your help. Can you please forward details for starting a pure and bottled water production plant to omoola007@yahoo.com it will be really appreciated.

Also do you have contacts in Lagos that can help guide start-ups.

And finally what are your thoughts on Market saturation. How many more producers can the Market take and will regulation become stricter so as to ban or limit sachets water business. E.g osun state and their new fine ,

Thanks
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
@Am Alone. It is possible to make that level of profit. It all depends on strategy and careful planning. There is a producer within this my area, Ikotun, THAT IS ROLLING IN CASH BOTH IN TERMS OF PROFIT AND TURNOVER DUE TO A VERY WISE STRATEGY. He sells only very very close to the factory. Due to that, the quantity of diesel I use for two trips running to the Island is what he uses for seven trips!!! He operates close to home so all the road traffic officilals know his trucks and leave them alone. His trucks don't get spoilt too often because for the seven trips per truck daily, a truck can do just a total of eight kilometres.

The man is wise and I would have gone into serious competition with him if not that he is too well established in his sales zone. I am still planning to dare him next season.

Point is that you have to think and calculate well and then you are bound to make it in the biz.

1 Like

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
[/color]
omoola007:

And finally what are your thoughts on Market saturation. How many more producers can the Market take and will regulation become stricter so as to ban or limit sachets water business. E.g osun state and their new fine ,

Thanks

please tell us all that is happening in osun state b/c it is an integral part of nigeria.If it can happen in osun,it can happen anywhere in nigeria.So fill us in .

[color=#000099]know this,in a saturated market,only producers that knows the nitty gritty,the secret that makes money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (72) (Reply)

Lotto Forecast (sure Game) / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free / MerryBet Punt For Pride IV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.