Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,665 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Pure Water Biz(Discuss) - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pure Water Biz(Discuss) (230478 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame for the empty satchet pure water that litter the streets.

Pure water producers: 12% (1 vote)
End users: 50% (4 votes)
Ministry of environment: 25% (2 votes)
Hawkers: 0% (0 votes)
Waste disposal contractors: 12% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Hw To Write A Pure Water Biz Proposal / How Lucrative Is Pure Water Biz In Lagos? / Pure Water Biz In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by omoola007(m): 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2011
By osun state I meant the fines for sachets littering. it was announced a few weeks ago.

Please send me the email on business details. Thanks.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 8:41am On Jun 21, 2011
@omoola007
Please,is this Fine for littering meant for consuming public or water producing factories?

Hope you've read the free info.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by omoola007(m): 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2011
Kabarka

Thanks for the information. I received it and i am reviewing. i appreciate it.

As for littering fine i am refering to this, it was published in either Guardian or Punch a while back
[url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-685079.0.html
]
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-685079.0.html
[/url]
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2011
Where is everyone? Who is setting up now and any serious problems? This is the best time to start off so that you will be through and ready before the season starts.

I hope no one is too discouraged by the rains and is planning to close shop; the first rainy season is usually awful but with time and a stronger customer base, you can still be selling well during the off season.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2011
Somebody sent me this text dated 28 june 2011
@ 13.29.40 
Hi,they shld finish installatn of d componts 4 d pure water by end of this week.I have loads to share on nairaland ,
Thanks. Ed,

i hope he stays true to HIS WORDS.He bought the ebook on 16-03-2011
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by HEAL: 7:33am On Jun 29, 2011
Hi guys. Let me report on what we've been doing so far:
- NAFDAC PRE SITE INSPECTION
NAFDAC visited our site during construction and made some few corrections which we have implemented. It's a 2 bedroom flat. we are using the bedrooms for production rooms but there were toilets in between them. so Nafdac asked us to move the toilets and bring the store there.
We're expecting the production inspection soon.
We learnt it will take like 2 months after submitting samples for NAFDAC number to come out.
so we've set our expected start time at October.
- EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION
This is ongoing, but the cost of equipments (for those asking) are
Automatic sealing machine :350,000
20" X 4ft module : 150,000
UV 8gpm : 40,000
Jumbo Housing: 50,000
Carbon filter (1): 2500
Plumbing fittings: 40,000
UV air steriliser (2): 30000
Total: 700,000
I ran this estimate by Kabarka b4 and he said it was good b4 i committed to it.
-TRADE MARK & CERT of INCORP: Done
-SOPS: in progress.
- BOREHOLE:
N400,000. I cant use it now cos the water is hard & i need an RO machine. I learnt an RO is about 1.4m and that is not in my budget. So for now I will be getting water supply from the public water plant. This will be short term because it will eat into profit terribly.
-STAFFING:
Kabarka & Madam L, I need your help on this. I have 1 cabstar and 1 sealing machine for now.
How many bags can the machine produce a day from your experience?
What is the staff strength you recommend?
How do I pay these guys?

Thanks for your support!
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2011
@HEAL. well done. you need one driver and like two motor boys, one machine operator and maybe one parker or two. one strong packer can face a machine and pack the one hundred bags (2000 sachets) that a typical machine produces in one hour. however, it is a good idea to have one more packer for the days of absence if you hired not-too-responsible workers.

I don't know how they pay at the middle-belt area, you have to ask questions there. I only know the Lagos payment mode.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by TheBuilder: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
This is quite an interesting, innovative and high informative thread. Both Karbaka and Madam L exhibited uncommon openness in this thread that should be commended by all. More grease to your elbow. Agarifood is another gentleman whose frankness and firmness is worthy of mention. All these are pointers that Nigeria still has a future.

@kabarka: can you please send the indicated information on pure water business to me at pvnigeria@hotmail.com? I will appreciate it greatly.

One love!
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 8:59am On Jul 01, 2011
Congratulations @ HEAL
let me mention that HEAL is the person i refered to in my last post.Thanx 4 keeping to your word.

About staffing,
What madam L posted is the way it is.This is the standard staffing obtainable especially if you are financially balanced.It is what anybody with sound managerial skill will do naturally.
There is nothing wrong with it.But remember that as our factories are different so is our experiences in the business,for that i will give you OPTIONS to choose from.It is upto you to choose the one that best suit you at your level, at the moment.

PRODUCTION DEPT
As i said earlier,what madam L posted is perfectly okay,it is what every intelligent investor will do but look at this:-
As a starter,if you can get a packer who can operate,it means you employ 2 instead of considering 3.
Then 1 person that will take the packed bags to the finish product room

Secondly,assuming you are available.You can teach yourself for the mean time how to operate the machine.Start by knowing where and how to lubricate the parts,proceed to how to mount the rolls. Then how to change teflon.And control of vertical and horizontal temperature.
These will give you a lot of control in prod dept and save money too.No worker will be able to play pranks on you or hold you hostage. There is no big deal about automatic sealing machine,anybody can learn it.Why i stress you knowing a little about operation of this machine is because of control and power.This is good for anyone starting at your level.This is not oil company,minimize expenses as early as possible.

Marketing Dept

Option 1,
You can do this yourself if you can,with one person.That one person should be able to know,and relate with the customers so that if you pair him with a driver,your business goes on. it will give you absolute control in the market place for you know the customers one on one.

Option 2,
Shop for a competent driver and a motor boy.let them know the important of collaborative work.
Tell them to always come down together to drop the goods. make them work as a team.
Since you are new,you may not have a rush market but when your market increases,make motor boy 2 so that they be faster.make sure there is need for the second person to come in.

Option 3,
i call this the picking of brains and that is what Madam L described below.It does not come easy but if it comes your way grab it.

Payment; check the payment mode in your area first.then consider if any modification will give you edge

to be continued
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 2:04pm On Jul 01, 2011
I also suggest you poach a driver from an already existing company; that way, you will not need to hire a salesman. If the driver is a good worker, he should be able to get you some of his old emplyer's customers so you can have at least a few customers to start with.

the interview process should be rigorous. if possible beg or hire an experienced worker from another pure water company to interview your first batch of staff unless you already know much about the biz.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by HEAL: 6:46am On Jul 04, 2011
Thanks Madam L & Kabarka. I will see how to incorporate your suggestions and keep the forum posted.
Is it possible to start production after the production inspection by NAFDAC i.e. while awaiting NAFDAC no?
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 9:29am On Jul 04, 2011
Actually it is aganist the law to produce while awaiting nafdac no.

Your final decision will depend on how serious nafdac officials are in your state.

In our own time,what people do is to put fake number while awaiting for their number But we didn't do that.
We left the space blank.
When customers asked us,we told them,we were undergoing registration,that our number will soon come out.
As a result of this constraint,we restricted our movement to a particular area where we won't be apprehended.But when the number came,we reached out with force.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
@HEAL. these days it is too dangerous to attempt producing without nafdac number, it used to happen before like Kabarka said but not any more. your rivals will report you instantly plus that you will be in very deep trouble if nafdac ever catches you. it is not advisable; exercise patience until you get a number.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2011
where's everyone? Kabarka, anything new happening at your end?
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by hugooh42(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2011
@Madam L please this is a building plan drawn for me for a bottled water production.Do you this the building can be approved by NAFDAC?

Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2011
madam L:

where's everyone? Kabarka, anything new happening at your end?

Yes madam L,there is something new about to happen in my end.

As a matter of fact ATWAP in my state has decided to make one bag of pure water #100.

Am a member of 8 man committee set up to draft the Roadmap to follow.
It is part of things that keep me very busy.
I will need ideas from people that have sustained this in their state.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2011
@kabarka. It's like I will move my operations to that your state, she na Rivers State? Price increase is needed everywhere but Lagos messed up its own and we are all regretting now. As for that drawing, I am not too good at reading plans but I think the WCs need to be moved far and if possible out of the building. It cannot be that near to the loading dock. Again the finished goods room is far from the loading area and there will be too much trekking around to get goods into the vans. The thing is for the finished goods room to open directly out to the loading bay so you pick the goods and come out without much interaction with the production area. I will write more as I look at your drawing.

I produce bottled water and know that the loading is tough. Some of the time my people throw and catch the cartons and it is the fastest but that cannot happen from the drawing unless there is a long chain of people throwing and catching cartons.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by hugooh42(m): 5:43am On Jul 12, 2011
Thanks a lot Madam L for that suggestions.I will make necessary adjustment to the plan.I will fix a door to the finished products store room.So the products can be loaded from there unto the truck.But the toilet can still remain where it is.What do you think?
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 10:09am On Jul 12, 2011
madam L:

@kabarka. It's like I will move my operations to that your state, she na Rivers State? Price increase is needed everywhere but Lagos messed up its own and we are all regretting now.

you are welcome,madam .
So far you play by the rule.

We are still working on it.The committee will submit their recommendations few hours from now.
We see what happens.
Right now,price cutting is taking place-
real price -#80
popular price-#70
then #60

but please madam ,kindly tex me your number to 08063842418.We have things to talk about.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by shawonlese: 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2011
@ madam L,

I'm not into the pure water biz, but i will appreciate information on where one can get nylon wrappers for Biscuits etc produced.
Thank you.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2011
shawonlese:

@ madam L,

I'm not into the pure water biz, but i will appreciate information on where one can get nylon wrappers for Biscuits etc produced.
Thank you.

yes, you can get it from  GENA PLASTIC LIMITED, Port-harcourt.
give me a call.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by shawonlese: 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2011
kabarka:

yes, you can get it from GENA PLASTIC LIMITED, Port-harcourt.
give me a call.

Kabarka, thanks, but PH is miles out.
Lagos preferable.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2011
that's ok.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by cejo(m): 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2011
I heard 4rm a friend on monday/Tuesday 26th in network news that a ban has been placed on satchet pure water production and distribution saying that it is causing environmental challenge.Pls is this information true do we have any other person who heard similar thing on the news.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by femiagye: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2011
Hello there!

This is a brilliant thread.

Kindly send me your work notes that everyone seems to be requesting (pure water Biz).  Especially starter details, cost implications, staffing etc.
The address is bagyepong@hotmail.com

Thanks and kind regards!
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by kabarka(m): 7:11pm On Aug 10, 2011
cejo:

I heard 4rm a friend on monday/Tuesday 26th in network news that a ban has been placed on satchet pure water production and distribution saying that it is causing environmental challenge.Pls is this information true do we have any other person who heard similar thing on the news.

There is a story like that on the 26th july and August 3rd 2011.
But before i give you the FULL story,Click below to know how nigerians feel about it

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-657308.64.html
Nigerians know the TRUTH,Please propagate the truth.

YOU CAN GO TO GOOGLE.
JUST TYPE :BANNING PURE WATER IN NIGERIA
THEN CLICK SEARCH.

YOU WILL SEE TOPICS LIKE
1,Sachet Water Ban Underway.
2,Packaged Water-NOA Seeks Ban Of Polythene

READ AND UNDERSTAND THE STORY IS NOT AS IT SOUNDS

@cejo,
You are in port-harcourt.
come to federal Secretariat,near rumuola
come to the conference hall
second tuesday next month(every month) for ATWAP meeting.
A report that will launch us to #100 per bag will be shared.
it was submitted to the assembly yesterday.
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by DEBOLABI: 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2011
KABARKA AND OTHERS
is this forcast budgeted income reasonable/attainment or it should be rejected.
please reply with your own budgeted income so that we will all benefit from you,
i'm a young professionl accountant thatx the reason for this analysis.
thanks so far. we all appreciate you.

budgeted income[/color][color=#000099]
produce daily 400bags X 60 naira = 24000
[/b]
budgeted expenses

raw material: yield usage for (400 bags) 10000

salary: commission for driver&motor boy (400bags) 1000
production dept (400 bags) 2000

fuel (400bags) (gen) diesel 1000
(truck)petrol 1000 2000

miscelleneous: contigencies 300
repairs 700 1000

[b]
expenses total 16000
[/color]

[color=#000099]
net profit (400 bags) 8000 (400 bags) of production
[b][/b]
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by madamL(f): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2011
debo a few observations. you ought to depreciate assets on every bag. four hundred bags is four tonnes and vans die fast hauling water. increase cost of repairs per trip to at least one thousand naira. some days you go without repairs and you wake up on a bad day to see repairs of fifty thousand naira due to collision. add a little more to diesel like ten litres per trip. are yoiu not paying management staff and yourself. what about cost of funds
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by bvc(m): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2011
I went to nafdac office today to make enquires as advised by the good poster of this thread, headed by kabarka and madam L. I got guide lines, but I didn't get specifications of the automated machine, the UV, filters and the rest of them. The woman assigned to me did not even know a consultant I can use to make my work easier as a novice, and the registration faster.

Please, kabarka, madam L and the rest of the good people here, I need a comprehensive list of what I need to set up a pure water factory. The borehole and building are in place. Please kindly list the equipments in different stages from the borehole to the sachet. Also, if there is a consultant that can help me in Asaba, please contact me. My email: bvc2g@yahoo.com
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by bvc(m): 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2011
Mr. Kabarka, I'm still expecting your mail. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Pure Water Biz(Discuss) by stmera: 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2011
i am new to this site but have been able to go thru all the trend on the water biz as posted by kabarka, madam L and others.
i want to sincerely thank all especially kabarka and madam L for their great contribution and open mindedness.

God is using this site/trend to create JOB and Wealth for Nigerians + others

i have a pure water factory which started sales on 1st Sept 2011 with the following facilities on ground

2. trucks for delivery
1. sealing machine.

daily sales looks good for now as a beginner but my concern is that the sealing machine horizontal heater meter is always having fault weekly thereby resulting
to leakage and improper sealing. moreso, the technician leaves far away from my factory and sometimes difficult to get hold of him to fix the problem
this cud possibly leads to Non productive time. HUZ how do i handle this concern.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (72) (Reply)

Lotto Forecast (sure Game) / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free / MerryBet Punt For Pride IV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.