Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,522 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns (34027 Views)

Obaseki Inspects Marine Police Post, 8 Gun Boats, Others In Gelegele Community* / Obaseki Where's Gelegele Sea Port?? / Return The Missing Rifle Or Be Dealt With - Army Warn Ijaw Resident In Gelegele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
updatechange:

Ile-Ibinu was a pure Yoruba language before it was currupted to ibinu and finally bini coined from the oduduwa's rebuke to the Binins after he left for Ile-ife.
facts please before you cum becux dis ur mastubation is getting out of hand
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
Shut the hell up, let us just fight. No more talk.
Afriifa:
Reminds of the Heroes in the Niger Delta... even the first republic to be declared within the boarders of Nigeria. was declared by an Ijaw Man (Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro) history has it that he gallantly fought the FG for 12 days before he was finally overran by the FG superior fire power.. ijaws don't Make noise we match action with words.... I cross my heart.. the Entire Edo is too small to be a war zone for the Ijaws.. we are used to wars.. ask the FG.. we survived... tell your Oba to respect the Niger Delta. he will bring trouble to ur house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
odigbosky:

Guy you dull oooooo
Outside Edo state nobody know us....hmmm just look at the way you are lying to yourself. Yoruba a race....with this i just confirm say na oruen i dy argue with.....
Outisde Edo State nobody knows you Mr man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Dboyz(m): 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Ijaw, you guys need to stop your fabrications, and get more educated. Edo history is too well documented. And contrary to what you think, the Oba of Benin is not just the Oba of Benin City. His real title is Omo n'Oba n'Edo. He is the King of the Benin Kingdom. Benin City is only the capital of the Benin Kingdom, not the Kingdom itself ! Edo state is a small part of the Kingdom and you ijaw are trying to crown a "king" in a part of an already established kingdom. I hope you people can understand this and stop your madness ! When you migrate into an area, try and learn the history of the land. Don't just start making claims of "we were here first" and don't start "crowning" your "son" in a foreign land, you might get slaughtered by the owners of the land. This is an advise and a warning!

Oil dey ur head

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Shut the hell up, let us just fight. No more talk.
fighting a defenseless brainwashed person is never an Ijaw Method.
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2017
Dboyz:

Oil dey ur head
lol. only oil?
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
No, fighting is not your "method". You would rather talk people to death.
Let us start this war for goodness sake !
Afriifa:
fighting a defenseless brainwashed person is never an Ijaw Method.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Evidenx(m): 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
nengibo:
Are these words benin words Igodo Ogiso Kaladeiran
yes na.. u nor know?
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by hotwax: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
odigbosky:

Guy you dull oooooo
Outside Edo state nobody know us....hmmm just look at the way you are lying to yourself. Yoruba a race....with this i just confirm say na oruen i dy argue with.....

How many does Benin have?

Ondo
Oyo,
Ogun
Osun,
Lagos,
Ekiti

Name urs. You are nobody. We only know Hausa Igbo and Yoruba.

Who are you again?

10 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by MENELIK1: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
odigbosky:

make una leave us alone oooooo
we no gree....we no be afonja....shuo
na force to be afonja again....today u guys would be hating..2moro u guys will be claiming us....and please even before Oronmiyan we had an Ogiso called Obagodo...so Oba aint a yoruba word only.....So bros park well no vex

Your ranting did not answer my question. Check my first line "Yoruba is plus or minus anybody" Yoruba don't claim people rather people trace their descent to us even as far as Ewe of Present day Togo. The binis are the one trying to claim other people by your revisionist history of a lost prince being recalled from Ile Ife and the fallacy of Lagos. Binis are now laughing stock for Nairaland folks. "Oba no dey comot for Palace", now he is in Garki going up and down, bini owns Lagos , now the Ijaws are here to claim the tiny enclave you are even managing. Please accept my sympathy. You said OBA is not a Yoruba word only, why not prove me wrong by spelling it using your alphabets?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
In my dreams as well, but I die with the knowledge that I have helped in leading my people into victory against the vicious invaders whom we previously treated as brothers.
lol. In Muhammed Ali's Voice. if you dream of even beating me in your dreams. u av to wake up and apologize to me.. its not happening bro.

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by odigbosky(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Afriifa:
Reminds of the Heroes in the Niger Delta... even the first republic to be declared within the boarders of Nigeria. was declared by an Ijaw Man (Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro) history has it that he gallantly fought the FG for 12 days before he was finally overran by the FG superior fire power.. ijaws don't Make noise we match action with words.... I cross my heart.. the Entire Edo is too small to be a war zone for the Ijaws.. we are used to wars.. ask the FG.. we survived... tell your Oba to respect the Niger Delta. he will bring trouble to ur house.

Since una believe una sef....no lele
na true u talk no be by mouth....u think edo is a state where speed boats and canoe can pass more than cars...no b hit and run ooo bros....i pray make God give u d strength to come join your kins for gelegele wen e start because i no need transport. i already dy benin and i no kukuma get work b4.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by nengibo: 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Evidenx:
yes na.. u nor know?
What do they mean and break the words down with links to the bini dictionary

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by hotwax: 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Evidenx:
park well, if YORUBAS was so powerful, where was obatala, ODODUWA and rest Yoruba ancestors or God's when We were colonized? gun powder defeated all of them too.. rubbish.

Even Jews were Colonized by Roman empire. Dont make me ask "Where was God?". Its a blasphemous question

Borrow brain.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by nengibo: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
updatechange:

Ile-Ibinu was a pure Yoruba language before it was currupted to ibinu and finally bini coined from the oduduwa's rebuke to the Binins after he left for Ile-ife.
So you are saying the bini once spoke Yoruba and they are of yoruba descent

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
Who the hell are you people ?
We are the ancient people of the Benin Kingdom.
Our history is known to all.
Our strenght is legendary.
Once again, who are you ?
You just keep talking, spewing rubbish, but all I am asking is let us fight.
You believe you are strong, so what is the problem ?
Let the fight start !
Afriifa:
lol. In Muhammed Ali's Voice. if you dream of even beating me in your dreams. u av to wake up and apologize to me.. its not happening bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by waveman2: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
It's people like u dat divide nigeria along ethnic and religious line. So backward.

Desyner:
Ijaws will go to Lagos to bomb it as a way of spiting Lagosians. Same Ijaws are in the middle of Warri. Ijaws are proving to be the herdsmen of the south.

3 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by nengibo: 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
odigbosky:

na true u talk no be by mouth....u think edo is a state where speed boats and canoe can pass more than cars...no b hit and run ooo bros....i pray make God give u d strength to come join your kins for gelegele wen e start because i no need transport. i already dy benin and i no kukuma get work b4.
U don't need to tell us its very obvious

5 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by waveman2: 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
OGA shut d hell up for goodness sake and stop talking about war. It's ur type dat are in Abuja and keep shouting war.

historyworld030:
No, fighting is not your "method". You would rather talk people to death.
Let us start this war for goodness sake !

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
yoruba, please take your nonsensical claims elsewhere.
Although let me give you historical facts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlUMUGUorw

Some ancient maps of Benin Kingdom:

This one dates to around 1699:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595525w/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom
MENELIK1:

Go and find out any where, Yoruba has always being plus or minus anybody, mind you, I have said it on this forum severally, don't compare Yoruba and Binis again rather, bini and sectional Yorubas like Ijebu, Ijesa or Egba even Ibadan is bigger that the whole bini tribe. Also, tell your elders to stop revisionist history it wont work. Yoruba predates bini, one developed to en empire the other was a kingdom. Yorubas don't pick bini words or names rather bini pick those of Yorubas and if you doubt me spell the word " OBA" using bini alphabets.

2 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2017
odigbosky:

when I see people kids ranting on media. me I am like hope their parents are aware.

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
nengibo:

U don't need to tell us its very obvious
Only Tom Ateke army go wipe dem off.

2 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
yoruba, please take your nonsensical claims elsewhere.
Although let me give you historical facts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlUMUGUorw

Some ancient maps of Benin Kingdom:

This one dates to around 1699:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595525w/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

No historical document known to man mentions the name "yoruba" more than 200 years ago.
The first person to have ever been known to hold the title Oba was the Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
All the yoruba can do is make claims but no proof whatsoever
MENELIK1:

Your ranting did not answer my question. Check my first line "Yoruba is plus or minus anybody" Yoruba don't claim people rather people trace their descent to us even as far as Ewe of Present day Togo. The binis are the one trying to claim other people by your revisionist history of a lost prince being recalled from Ile Ife and the fallacy of Lagos. Binis are now laughing stock for Nairaland folks. "Oba no dey comot for Palace", now he is in Garki going up and down, bini owns Lagos , now the Ijaws are here to claim the tiny enclave you are even managing. Please accept my sympathy. You said OBA is not a Yoruba word only, why not prove me wrong by spelling it using your alphabets?

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Who the hell are you people ?
We are the ancient people of the Benin Kingdom.
Our history is known to all.
Our strenght is legendary.
Once again, who are you ?
You just keep talking, spewing rubbish, but all I am asking is let us fight.
You believe you are strong, so what is the problem ?
Let the fight start !
Lol. nobi Online fight ooh bro. dis one dat u r shouting as if na by keypads.

2 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by odigbosky(m): 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2017
Afriifa:
when I see people kids ranting on media. me I am like hope their parents are aware.

Eyah....well nah bcus Nairaland dn plenty with children daz y sha...i no even knw if u dn reach 18 years sef...underage tinz....dem need to censor this Nairaland jare
Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Let us meet on the battle front, that is all I am asking.
Afriifa:
Lol. nobi Online fight ooh bro. dis one dat u r shouting as if na by keypads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
Let us meet on the battle front, that is all I am asking.
Trust me, we gonna strike first.

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
odigbosky:

Eyah....well nah bcus Nairaland dn plenty with children daz y sha...i no even knw if u dn reach 18 years sef...underage tinz....dem need to censor this Nairaland jare
I tell you..

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by MasterChen: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2017
ObalufonIII:

Baba, nice one!

I burst laugh when I read your comment. This could be the beginning of a trend ‘Benin is no man’s land’ cheesy

I respect your belief though but I disagree that we share ancestry with the Bini folks. We only share monarchy and arts. And it was a case of superior [Yoruba] transfering to the lesser one [Bini]. Outside monarchy and arts, we have nothing in common. We have been the one giving them, and things we gave them are the reasons they are relevant today.

Elu na new one you carry come so oh. Ọbàlùfọ̀n III grin

The emboldened sounds interesting to me breh. Does it mean all those beads they use were borrowed from Yorubas?

5 Likes

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 29, 2017
And we will be the last to strike.
Afriifa:
Trust me, we gonna strike first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Afriifa(m): 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
historyworld030:
And we will be the last to strike.
if only you survive the first strike.

1 Like

Re: Gelegele-gbene And The Ijaw, Benin Crisis – Before Edo State Burns by Agbaletu: 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
odigbosky:

I just have to laugh out loud.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Dayo Adeyeye Appointed As PDP Spokesman (pictured) / Sanusi: Abubakar Malami, Ibrahim Muktar, Kano AG Ordered My Detention / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Governor Wike (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.