Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" (43180 Views)

How Yorubas Made Lagos Former Capital To 7th Largest Economy In Africa / Indigenes Of Anambra Made Lagos What It Is Today - Governor Obiano. / Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by wristbangle: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
aribisala0:
Driven? What does that mean?Oil is 10% of GDP so to say Nigeria is nothing without oil and gas is risible. Our neighbouring countries are not nothing. Nigeria will struggle without oil but it is not Nothing.
Diaspora remittances match what we get from oil and gas

U better don't mind the guy. Some people don't worth the quote. It massages their ego

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by oodualover: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
globemoney:
Mention any Yoruba state more vibrant than Anambra and Abia
Oyo, Ogun, and Ondo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by aribisala0(m): 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
wristbangle:

U better don't mind the guy. Some people don't worth the quote. It massages their ego
You are absolutely right but some young people believe everything they read here if not challenged so I bother because of them and not the dunces typing rubbish

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by aribisala0(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
oodualover:

Oyo, Ogun, and Ondo.
Abia and Onitsha are the filthiest places in Nigeria.Anywhere is better than those two

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
Tbh, this is how igbos stir up tribal hatred from other tribes, by constantly downplaying other people's achievements and struggles and Incorporating it as their own.
If you guys have solutions to all problems, why can't you replicate your success in lagos throughout the east.
Lastly, why are other tribes hell bent on claiming lagos from the Yorubas.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by oodualover: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
meforyou1:

https://www.nairaland.com/4185186/bini-original-owners-lagos-not

This mumu Ibo boy. Tell me where Ijebu, Awori, Epe, Egba people say they are not Yoruba. Shameless dirty people. Your people live in the thickest of Yoruba forest. The number of your useless stinking Ibos in Oshogbo exceed Yorubas in your useless land. Your people sell okrika clothes, egusi, ugwu leaves here and u have the gods to say you developed Lagos.
Normadic tribe

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by oodualover: 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
aribisala0:
Abia and Onitsha are the filthiest places in Nigeria.Anywhere is better than those two
I concur

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Danladi7: 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
oodualover:
Oyo, Ogun, and Ondo.
why did you exclude lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Danladi7: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2017
Bidobado:
Tbh, this is how igbos stir up tribal hatred from other tribes, by constantly downplaying other people's achievements and struggles and Incorporating it as their own.
If you guys have solutions to all problems, why can't you replicate your success in lagos throughout the east.
Lastly, why are other tribes hell bent on claiming lagos from the Yorubas.
not all tribe its only IGBO PEOPLE.

To answer your question,the answer is GREED,ENVY AND INFERIORITY COMPLEX!

one even claimed LAGOS OWNERSHIP is IGBO PROBLEM see below grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by ODVanguard: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
post=62556860:

Your ranting ends here, Lagos is no man's land.

Dude, if it makes you sleep better at night, hey... knock yourself out. undecided You people can even choose to start burying your Anambra dead in Lagos sef if you choose, ko kan'aiye. undecided

But, as long as Osun human capital development index continues to outperform Anambra and every other SE state, I'm straight. undecided

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/osun-ranks-second-in-human-capital-on-nigerias-first-sub-national-competitiveness-index/

As long as Ogun continues to attract 75% of FDI into Nigeria as the preferred investors' destination, is the defacto industrial hub of the country, and is poised to soon outperform even the ND states in terms of IGR, with the SW raising the highest amount of IGR in the entire country, then I'm straight. undecided

http://punchng.com/ogun-attracts-75-fdi-into-nigeria-uk-envoy/

And as long as Ibadan is ranked amongst the fastest growing cities with the largest markets and consumer spending power, I'm straight.

undecided

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by ratcockoduduwa: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2017
[quote author=Gotze1 post=62557428][/quote]
I don't remember quoting this thing. Wonders shall never end. Animals everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2017
YelloweWest:

Compare the number of igbos, the businesses the own and tax they pay to other tribesmen.
None comes close. Im not igbo.
The gov has a point.
considering your specialty (oloshoism), if we also compare the number of igbo prostitutes, the govenor has a point, innit? Bitch, innit?

#NoBitchAttitude

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by g0tze: 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
Obiano is telling the truth.
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by FisifunKododada: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
Danladi7:

FOLORUNSO ALAKIJA-FAMFA OIL Wealthiest
woman in Nigeria,2ND Wealthiest black woman on the
planet
HAJIA BOLA SHAGAYA-PRACTOL OIL Second
wealthiest woman in Nigeria
FEMI OTEDOLA-ZENON OIL/ATLAS SHIPPING
AGENCY/SWIFT INSURANCE/FO PROPERTIES
LIMITED/FO TRANSPORT/SEAFORCE SHIPPING
COMPANY
KOLA KARIM-COSTAIN WEST AFRICA/SHORELINE
ENERGY INTERNATIONAL
KOLA ALUKO-ATLANTIC ENERGY
JIDE OMOKORE-ENERRY RESOURCES GROUP SPOG
petrochemicals, energy properties development
limited,innovative haulage limited,expand marine,bay
atlantic limited,restore engineering limited
WALE TINUBU-OANDO OIL Africa’s largest energy
company(ASKMEN magazine Top Ten CEOs in the
world)
MIKE ADENUGA-CONOIL
TOPE SONUBI-SAHARA ENERGY
FUNSO LAWAL-SOGENAL GROUP
OBATERU AKINRUNTAN-OBAT OIL the largest
privately-owned oil depot and jetty in Africa also the
second richest king in Africa
AYODEJI ADEWUNMI-JOBBERMAN Africa’s largest job
search site
MIKE ADENUGA-GLOBACOM Only privately-owned
telecommunication company in Nigeria
DELE MOMODU-OVATION
CHIEF M .OBAGUN-ONWARD PAPERS
FUNMI OPEKE-MAIN ONE GROUP provider of
wholesale Internet services to major telecom
operators, ISPs,government agencies, large enterprise,
and educational institutions in West Africa. services
all the telecommunications companies in the country,
services 16 out of the 23 commercial banks in the
country
JAMES ABODERIN-PUNCH NEWSPAPERS
ALHAJI MURI GBADEYINKA- MITV/STAR FM
TAJUDEEN ADEPETU-SOUNDCITY
SUBOMI BALOGUN-FCMB
TUNDE AYENI- SKYE BANK
FOLA ADEOLA-GTB
DEINDE FERNANDEZ-PETRO INETT
VICTOR OBASUYI-OBASUYI HOLDINGS a real estate
venture with properties that boast more than 40
tenants in the City of Waterloo alone
ROBERT AGBEDE-CHESTER LNG Biggest black
engineering firm in the U.S
KASE LUKMAN LAWAL-CAMAC HOLDINGS 2002
CAMAC was named the largest African-American
owned company on the Black Enterprise 100s list.
BODE AKINDELE-FAIRGATE GROUP The group is worth
over 1billion pounds( among company’s tenants are
ASDA WALLMART,controls 1/3 of the world’s match-
making market. CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS/
MODAMOLA GROUP OF COMPANIES/NIGERIAN
BISCUITS LIMITED
MODUPE ABIOLA-INTERN AVENUE one of the most
influential black bussinesswomen in britain in 2013
JIMOH IBRAHIM-NICON GROUP/GLOBAL FLEET
GROUP Air Nigeria/Nicon Insurance/Nigeria Re-
Insurance Corporation/Nicon Luxury Hotel Lagos/
Nigeria - Holdings include investment companies,
schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and
others Global Fleet Oil and Gas, Nicon Hotels, Global
Fleet Industries Energy Bank - Accra, Ghana Energy
Bank São Tomé Global Media Mirror Limited
TUNJI OWOEYE-ELEPHANT GROUP
RAZAQ OKOYA-ELEGANZA GROUP
OBA OTUDEKO-HONEYWELL GROUP
PRINCE SAMUEL ADEDOYIN-DOYIN GROUP OF
COMPANIES Global Soap & Detergent Industries
Limited, Consolidated Foods and Beverages Limited
Doyin Pharmaceutical (Nigeria) Limited,Doyin Farms
TUNDE FOLAWIYO-YINKA FOLAWIYO GROUP
JIMOH OYEDELE IBRAHEEM-PICCADILY INSURANCE/
UNIQUE ALUMINIUM PRODUCTS LIMITED
CHIEF SAMUEL ADEGBITE-OASIS GROUP
CHIEF MICHAEL ADE OJO-ELIZADE GROUP Largest
importer/seller of toyota vehicles in west
africa),elizade university
LADI DELANO-BAKRIE DELANO AFRICA Nigeria’s
youngest billionaire
ADEREMI MAKANJUOLA-CAVERTON OFFSHORE
GROUP Africa’s first integrated offshore support
service provider
CHIEF HARRY AKANDE-AIC NIGERIA
TAYO AMUSAN-THE PALMS SHOPPING MALL The first
shopping mall in Nigeria/PERSIANS GROUP
OBA OTUDEKO-RADISON BLU HOTEL
OLOROGUN SUNNY KUKU- EKO HOTEL
TAYO AYENI-SKYMIT MOTORS
CHIEF KESSIGNTON ADEBUTU-PREMIER LOTTO
(BABA IJEBU) Nigeria’s most popular lotto operator
AKIN ALABI-NAIRABET Nigeria's first online sports
betting portal
OLAYINKA ADEBAYO-TASTEE FRIED CHICKEN
KEHINDE KAMSON-SWEET SENSATION
OLADIMEJI OWOFEMI- MULTI-TREX FOODS,Nigeria’s
first indigenous chocolate manufavturer owns the
largest chocolate factory in Africa
FOLU AYENI-TANTALIZERS
DEJI FAJEMIROKUN-CHICKEN REPUBLIC/AIICO
INSURANCE/XEROX NIGERIA/KINGS GUARDS
WALE BABALAKIN-BI COURTNEY Owns MMA Terminal
2. The only privately owned airport terminal in Africa/
STABILINI VISINONI foremost construction company
KAYODE ODUKOYA-FIRST NATION AIRWAYS
TUNDE KEHINDE-AFRICAN COURIER EXPRESS
BOLA AKINDELE-COURTEVILLE GROUP
BANKOLE CARDOSO-EASY TAXI/ forbes future
billionaires list
ISSAC DUROJAIYE-DMT MOBILE TOILETS
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by FisifunKododada: 6:12pm On Nov 20, 2017
globemoney:

Mention any Yoruba state more vibrant than Anambra and Abia

Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and Ondo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by oodualover: 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
Danladi7:

why did you exclude lagos?
He asked me to list other Yoruba states that are developed like Anambra and Abia, and I listed three that is more developed than those worthless states in the east

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by es144000: 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
They have started again, most revenue for lagos (over 80. Percent) comes. From. Income tax.It is erroneous for igbos to think their spare parts and other businesses form the bulk of revenue for lagos state afterall we know most Nigerians don't pay enough taxes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Danladi7: 6:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
oodualover:

He asked me to list other Yoruba states that are developed like Anambra and Abia, and I listed three that is more developed than those worthless states in the east
ok
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by FisifunKododada: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
Yorubas are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria. Igbos are the other hand are the loudest chest beaters of the federal Republic. Igbos need to say things like 'Lagos is a no-man's land' in order to feel good about themselves - that is how poor their collective self-esteem is. Gov. Obiano like Peter Obi before him is an anti-Yoruba bigot. Both of them got their start and success in the SW, and instead of showing appreciation to the home of their success, they allow envy and bitterness to take over their faculties. Some of these guys benefited from Awo's free education policy. Azikwe did not deem fit to give these bush people free education, so they started streaming into the SW in large numbers to take advantage of Awo's policy. Their pathetic sense of self-grandeur is quite sad. Even the Ebonyi gala seller on Lagos expressways will tell you that he is a billionaire in dollars. They will go back home this December, and take pictures of Yoruba people's mansions in Lagos and brag to their village people that its their own. This is their life. This is their fake existence. This is what they live for. Bragging about things they do not own. Igbos will never get Biafra, until we Yorubas deem it fit that they are ready to rule themselves. And as such they will continue to serve out their servitude until they show maturity.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
oodualover:

Oyo, Ogun, and Ondo.
cheesy grin

Sustainable states in Nigeria

Ranking

Ondo 25th

Oyo 30th

Ekiti 35th

Osun 36th out of 36th states in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Gotze1: 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
ratcockoduduwa:

I don't remember quoting this thing. Wonders shall never end. Animals everywhere.
Oh, so e pain you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Southwest states least sustainable states in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by GodIsBiafran: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
Obiano has joined the group of useless Igbo 'leaders' whose ill-time and useless comments allow ofenmannus to insult us. No matter how many times we Igbos claim to develop Yoruba land, NOBODY will believe us UNTIL we replicate THAT SAME development in ALAIGBO. So, Obiano shut up and get to work - and stop placing ridicule on Igbos.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by GodIsBiafran: 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
FisifunKododada:
Yorubas are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria. Igbos are the other hand are the loudest chest beaters of the federal Republic. Igbos need to say things like 'Lagos is a no-man's land' in order to feel good about themselves - that is how poor their collective self-esteem is. Gov. Obiano like Peter Obi before him is an anti-Yoruba bigot. Both of them got their start and success in the SW, and instead of showing appreciation to the home of their success, they allow envy and bitterness to take over their faculties. Some of these guys benefited from Awo's free education policy. Azikwe did not deem fit to give these bush people free education, so they started streaming into the SW in large numbers to take advantage of Awo's policy. Their pathetic sense of self-grandeur is quite sad. Even the Ebonyi gala seller on Lagos expressways will tell you that he is a billionaire in dollars. They will go back home this December, and take pictures of Yoruba people's mansions in Lagos and brag to their village people that its their own. This is their life. This is their fake existence. This is what they live for. Bragging about things they do not own. Igbos will never get Biafra, until we Yorubas deem it fit that they are ready to rule themselves. And as such they will continue to serve out their servitude until they show maturity.

I don't blame you - I blame Obiano for bragging about developing another tribes region while leaving his own

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by YungMillionaire: 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
My advice to my fellow Niger-Deltans. Never join hands with Igbos to fight Yorubas. Because no matter how bad a Yoruba man is, he will still be 10 times better than an Igbo man any day any time. Igbos will kill their parents or child over money. Their clamor for Biafra and stubborn insistence to include non-Igbo states because of oil was an eye opener to many of us. A part of me wants the Igbos to get their Biafra so that tribal tension is this country will reduce small. And that will require a mass exodus of Igbos from every corner of the country back to the SE. Because, wherever they are they always find a way to insult the indigenes - stirring up tribal sentiments and conflicts.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by AkinPhysicist: 6:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin Anambra made Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just love Igbo people - their lies no get part 2. Even their governors are not immuned from this Igbotic madness! grin grin grin grin grin

At this point I feel bad for Igbo people. When you think they are getting their acts together, one of their so called 'leaders' will come out with a completely idiotic statement. Today its Obiano. Maybe tomorrow it will be Uba. Its just easy target practice for me and my fellow Yoruba goons. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by meforyou1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2017
Electricdanger:

Pathetic old fool, a 6 ft 2 man is short in the cave you come from. I am from Epe and never been to Osun, shameless old pauper.
shorty, are u denying your rural osun enclave or what? Attachee by force

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Gotze1: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
YungMillionaire:
My advice to my fellow Niger-Deltans. Never join hands with Igbos to fight Yorubas. Because no matter how bad a Yoruba man is, he will still be 10 times better than an Igbo man any day any time. Igbos will kill their parents or child over money. Their clamor for Biafra and stubborn insistence to include non-Igbo states because of oil was an eye opener to many of us. A part of me wants the Igbos to get their Biafra so that tribal tension is this country will reduce small. And that will require a mass exodus of Igbos from every corner of the country back to the SE. Because, wherever they are they always find a way to insult the indigenes - stirring up tribal sentiments and conflicts.
Just wait for them, they are coming to tag you afonja

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by es144000: 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
es144000:
They have started again, most revenue for lagos (over 80. Percent) comes. From. Income tax.It is erroneous for igbos to think their spare parts and other businesses form the bulk of revenue for lagos state afterall we know most Nigerians don't pay enough taxes
I meant to write personal income tax
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Oyo, Ogun and Ondo
Lagos no mans land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by YungMillionaire: 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2017
Gotze1:
Just wait for them, they are coming to tag you afonja

My guy they have called me that many times that I don't even argue with them again. No amount of their distraction will make me forget the disgraceful way they acted towards Niger-Deltans at the height of Nnamdi Kanu's madness. Some of us will NEVER NEVER forget. And that is something they underestimate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Duru009(m): 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2017
85% of property in Lagos are owned by Igbo's....

Take it or leave it....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Video Of Khafi And Sowore Running Together As They Talk About Revolution Now / General A.A Adekoya Visits Obasanjo (Pictures) / Kogi SDP Guber Candidate, Ajaka, Escapes Assassination As Campaign Turns Violent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.