Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,270 members, 7,954,051 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? (2494 Views)

I’ve Impregnated Wife Of My Cousin Who Pays My Fees – 21-year-old Man Cries / FEMINISTS Who Believe THE FUTURE IS FEMALE, Come In & Answer These 2 Questions!! / Man Pays For Hotel Room For A Lady In Lagos. She Refuses Sex & This Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by ubunja(m): 7:39am On Nov 22, 2017
DaddyKross:

Lol. I quoted you back because i realised you didn't understand my post. Now, take a chill pill and read that post again. How does it make me Vagina worshiper ? Easy on the drug intake, braah cheesy
blocking an entire contribution from another person without even bothering to address his points was just a b!tch move.

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by DaddyKross: 7:45am On Nov 22, 2017
ubunja:

blocking an entire contribution from another person without even bothering to address his points was just a b!tch move.

His ? Go back and read again.

She jumbled a lot of big words, coined sentences together, yet she made no sense. That's the reason why i did what i did.

Never argue with feminists, they only twist points that are as invalid as their beliefs.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Next2Bezee(m): 8:00am On Nov 22, 2017
ReinaFarine:

Who defined this for you.
It[b] is as dumb as saying the fight against racism is only for the black.[/b].. It is a fight against stereptypic discrimination based of race. The fact that the blacks where the most affected by this doesn't make it a fight just for them.

The fact that women are most affected by sexism doesn't make it theirs alone.

Please read.

It's called FEMinism because it's a rights movement for women. Even the definition you screened says so...a theory or movement that argues that legal and social restrictions on FEMALES be removed...

At least be honest with your definitions. Masculism is the rights movement for men and boys.

Most modern day feminists do not want equal rights and responsibilities between men and women, they want women to be pampered and taken care of (The real feminists of old would be rolling in their graves because of what the movement has become).

I still believe we need feminism in Nigeria, especially in the North...but that's Real Feminism, not this crap going around today.

If you ask me out then it is expected you take care of the bills..if you're earning more than me, it is expected of you to take care of the bills...if i ask you out, it is because i see something in you.....PLEASE! What Rubbish!! No shame at all embarassed
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by DaddyKross: 8:06am On Nov 22, 2017
Next2Bezee:

It's called FEMinism because it's a rights movement for women. Even the definition you screened says so...a theory or movement that argues that legal and social restrictions on FEMALES be removed...

At least be honest with your definitions. Masculism is the rights movement for men and boys.

Most modern day feminists do not want equal rights and responsibilities between men and women, they want women to be pampered and taken care of (The real feminists of old would be rolling in their graves because of what the movement has become).

I still believe we need feminism in Nigeria, especially in the North...but that's Real Feminism, not this crap going around today.

If you ask me out then it is expected you take care of the bills..if you're earning more than me, it is expected of you to take care of the bills...if i ask you out, it is because i see something in you.....PLEASE! What Rubbish!! No shame at all embarassed

That's what they do best, twist definitions, twist who pays for dates, twist the real movement of feminism.

That's what they do

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 22, 2017
Dimples129:

This bull shit doesn't apply in a relationship, or do you need to be told that? How people choose to love is not up for discussion. This is a friendly date.... Love has no rules only solutions.
how come feminism doesn't apply here real funny though have always said it that feminism only exist in the internet and not in the real world it's all facade put up by ladies.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by swiz123(m): 8:10am On Nov 22, 2017
ReinaFarine:

It is going to be sexist if the teason he's paying for the full date is because he's a MAN.

No... Even if I am a lesbian, you ask me out, before we get to know each other, you pay.

I understand what you're saying...

@What I quoted, feminism encourages both of the sexes to pursue an interest.
In other words, the chyker can be of any gender without being classified as a cheap forward olosho.
In situation where it is the woman that says, can we continue this some other time, she pays for the date.

You declared interest, and until it is certain your feelings are reciprocated, you're goddamn paying for my attention since I didn't ask for yours.

But a time comes like I stated, I crave you as much as you crave me... Paying for a place or dinner of even #3,000,000.00 is worth it if you're considering the reward of hanging out with your
Significant other. And putting a little chirp in their step.

It is not the money. When it becomes a let's get a calculator and divide what you ate or divide until the last kobo, it is more mechanical than passionate...

Devicing a means of showing your SO he/she's appreciated for more than his money without hurting yourself even if it is by taking him to a #300 buka (if that's all you can afford), is what feminism strives to attain.

Thanks OP.

Your points are well organized I must say,but do not get carried away by the sycophantic women here.

I didn't catch the topic though but if I'm right, you guys are talking about feminism as equal right, equal responsibility.
In such regard then, I think the op is right. The bill as regards to a date should be shared equally by both sexes,irrespective of who asked for the date In the first place. Basically, there shouldn't be any compromise.

As for your previous statement about one paying for your attention until you deem him worthy,i'm sorry to disappoint you honey but in a feminist world such doesn't exist.He only asked you out for a date, he didn't force to to accept. Now if you don't find him worthy to spending a dime on his lame date, then you can as well tell him politely that you don't want to go.

It's just my opinion though

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 22, 2017
superNOVA1995:
how come feminism doesn't apply here real funny though have always said it that feminism only exist in the internet and not in the real world it's all facade put up by ladies.

If that's your thoughts, it's yours. I won't argue with you on this. Any excuse to put feminism down, you'll come up with. Life is easy. smiley
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 22, 2017
Dimples129:

If that's your thoughts, it's yours. I won't argue with you on this. Any excuse to put feminism down, you'll come up with. Life is easy. smiley
Not trying to put feminism down though,i respect your opinion.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Tozara(m): 8:24am On Nov 22, 2017
DaddyKross:

[s]I don't deal with sissies and alternates. You can kindly go to hell now smiley

Wait a minute, It's you ? cheesy grin Scared of quoting me with your main ? [/s]
Idiöt. The only business I have in hell is dropping you off at your home.

What's my main?

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by ReinaFarine: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2017
Next2Bezee:

Sugar, if that's what you say, then I'm both a feminist and a masculinist. I'm neither striving for female or male supremacy. The fact I concentrate on is the Equal right for BOTH of the sexes...

And please, dear, push out the prejudice. Read calmly not as an argumentative statement but as an informative one.

I said: If you ask ME out on the first date, you pay for it. Male, female, relationship wise, business wise, as long as you're the one reaching out to me, then you pay for it.

I said: If you're ewrning more than me in a relationship, especially when the percentage difference is about 250% and above, AND you suggest the date venue that is higher than my price range, since we are already in a relationship where I can't keep asking you to go for my standard all the time, It doesn't have to be 50-50 considering, my income and the fact that you suggested that venue. I never said it is expected you pay the bill. I added, when i suggest venues, I can pay 100% of the bill because i suggested it looking at my pocket.

I won't ask out a dude just because he looks bangable. I either saw him in his element and his persona, comportment and intellect os apealing to me. When it is a physical thing, it is called hook up. Not a date.

I might be mistaken, that's why i ask you out for a you and I time. If your views and goals resonate with mine, or it is different in a healthy competitive way, then we can progress to a relationship if you feel thesame way.

When i approach feminism, i pictute two things.
If I am in the same position as this person, having the same influence, character and wordly possession as so and so, how will I want to be treated by well, someone like this version of me.

Two, If I were a lesbian, how will I handle my partner or want to be handled by my partner.

I keep repeating if an action is accepted or rejected by anybody or the society solely on the basis of Gender, it is sexist.

Please, note that, it is not a generalisation of feminism. This is one of the most silly aspect of the while movement, but Nigerian guys tend to capitalise on this aspect to make a charade of the feminist and his/her opinions.

Feminism must come to stay in every region in Nigeria. Although the North has a long way to go especially in educating the girl child, giving her a voice in the decisions relating to societal building, Saying no to proxy-consensual marriage involving the Female Minor and other complicated matters tied up in their religious and traditional beliefs, Every other region has a part of their culture that demeans the woman to be nothing more than a breeding tool and probably a good house keeper.

This discussion are not the point of this thread. The OP is focusing on Dates. And that is why every opinion of mine tends towards what it was created for. I don't make it an habit of derailing or changing subjects to suit my personal ideas.

Thank you.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2017
Nobodys:
swithrt. you are so filled with wisdom... Please don't even waste your energy in convincing anyone...

Naaa, It's like you guys are getting it Wrong. Nobody says Guys should not pay for their dates OR cater for their Families financially as a Man should do. I live in Nigeria & I basically pay whatsoever is needed to be paid.

But under the laws of equality, things are different. It is paramount that we all understand what equality entails. That is my point.

But I also lived in Other countries where Equality exist. Financial obligation was 50/50 (Not that I support it, but thats is what it is).

I went out on a date with a lady, I didn't even ask her to split the bill because I'm a Nigerian (nothing concern me with that na) . She did it on her own accord. I was shocked. This is the Norm in Europe, North America & Australia ( This is my point )
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2017
lefulefu:
All these one no need long discussion.if u invite and take out a lady its normal for u to pay for the treat...though if she wants to contribute she's free to contribute.always sew ur coat according to ur size by taking her to a place u can afford.its not compulsory u must take her to a very expensive eatery.there are affordable, nice and neat fast food eateries around if u must carry her to one.

lefulefu, It's like you guys are getting it Wrong. Nobody says Guys should not pay for their dates OR cater for their Families financially as a Man should do. I live in Nigeria & I basically pay whatsoever is needed to be paid.

But under the laws of equality, things are different. It is paramount that we all understand what equality entails. That is my point.

but this is what I personally experienced with about 3 ladies i went out with in Central Europe, Same thing when i visited Mauritius. They did it on their own accord. I didn't even ask her to split the bill because I'm a Nigerian (nothing concern me with that na).

As a matter of Fact, in Mauritius a Girl had a long argument with me because I payed her Cinemas tickets in bagatelle. She claims I am thinking she is a prostitute. I was shocked. I had to explain that in Nigerian, things are not done that way.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 22, 2017
shaybebaby:
Reina has said it all, no wonder op has gone to bed. Probably hoping to dream of a suitable reply. Too bad there isn't. grin

Ahn ahn, shey make I no sleep again? Na you wan put sand for my Garri abi?

Take time oh ! dọọ onwe gị aka ná ntị !
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2017
God Please Help Our Nigerian Girls Who Decided To Be feminist Even Though They Dont Have The Slightest Idea Of What Its All About... They Have Brains, Lord teach...sorry... Lecture Them On How To Use It... Amen!

I Wish Ladies Can See The World The way It Will Be If You Were Loyal And Submissive (this Does Not Make You A Servant)... You World And Entire Life Would Be Easy And Sweet...

I Said It Once And I Will Say It Again... I Will Have My Wife Sit At Home And Enjoy all The Wealth I Bring Home; her major Job Would Be, looking Beautiful For Me & little Other Works & stayin Away From The Stress Of Life...

Chewingstick na You Carry Me Come Here...
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2017
truthsayer009:

lefulefu, It's like you guys are getting it Wrong. Nobody says Guys should not pay for their dates OR cater for their Families financially as a Man should do. I live in Nigeria & I basically pay whatsoever is needed to be paid.

but this is what I personally experienced with about 3 ladies i went out with in Central Europe, Same thing when i visited Mauritius. They did it on their own accord. I didn't even ask her to split the bill because I'm a Nigerian (nothing concern me with that na).

As a matter of Fact, in Mauritius a Girl had a long argument with me because I payed her Cinemas tickets in bagatelle. She claims I am thinking she is a prostitute. I was shocked. I had to explain that in Nigerian, things are not done that way.

oh ok i get.its like u saying naija ladies should also use their initiative to contribute in payments during dates right? Brother u know say dis na naijacheesy.the way some ladies go reason will be different the way western ladies reasoncheesy.in some funny instances there have been cases a guy go wan take a babe out for a date and she will invite a hundred and fifty of her friends with her on the datecheesy.wetin suppose to be a private datecheesy.happens only in naijacheesy.but thank God there are matured minded ladies in Nigeria who won't make a big deal out of contributing even if d man has the desire to pay.but having said that,who to pay and who won't pay shouldn't be an argument cos its just a harmless date and also ladies who bring along their battalion of friends when on a date with a guy with the idea of chopping him or draining him should just try and outgrow that childlish mindset.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Next2Bezee(m): 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
ReinaFarine:

Sugar, if that's what you say, then I'm both a feminist and a masculinist. I'm neither striving for female or male supremacy. The fact I concentrate on is the Equal right for BOTH of the sexes...

And please, dear, push out the prejudice. Read calmly not as an argumentative statement but as an informative one.

I said: If you ask ME out on the first date, you pay for it. Male, female, relationship wise, business wise, as long as you're the one reaching out to me, then you pay for it.

I said: If you're ewrning more than me in a relationship, especially when the percentage difference is about 250% and above, AND you suggest the date venue that is higher than my price range, since we are already in a relationship where I can't keep asking you to go for my standard all the time, It doesn't have to be 50-50 considering, my income and the fact that you suggested that venue. I never said it is expected you pay the bill. I added, when i suggest venues, I can pay 100% of the bill because i suggested it looking at my pocket.

I won't ask out a dude just because he looks bangable. I either saw him in his element and his persona, comportment and intellect os apealing to me. When it is a physical thing, it is called hook up. Not a date.

I might be mistaken, that's why i ask you out for a you and I time. If your views and goals resonate with mine, or it is different in a healthy competitive way, then we can progress to a relationship if you feel thesame way.

When i approach feminism, i pictute two things.
If I am in the same position as this person, having the same influence, character and wordly possession as so and so, how will I want to be treated by well, someone like this version of me.

Two, If I were a lesbian, how will I handle my partner or want to be handled by my partner.

I keep repeating if an action is accepted or rejected by anybody or the society solely on the basis of Gender, it is sexist.

Please, note that, it is not a generalisation of feminism. This is one of the most silly aspect of the while movement, but Nigerian guys tend to capitalise on this aspect to make a charade of the feminist and his/her opinions.

Feminism must come to stay in every region in Nigeria. Although the North has a long way to go especially in educating the girl child, giving her a voice in the decisions relating to societal building, Saying no to proxy-consensual marriage involving the Female Minor and other complicated matters tied up in their religious and traditional beliefs, Every other region has a part of their culture that demeans the woman to be nothing more than a breeding tool and probably a good house keeper.

This discussion are not the point of this thread. The OP is focusing on Dates. And that is why every opinion of mine tends towards what it was created for. I don't make it an habit of derailing or changing subjects to suit my personal ideas.

Thank you.

You claim to be an Egalitarian (support equal rights for both genders) but you have not in any in your posts, advocated for men's rights and opportunities.

I cannot take your post as an informative one when you twist the definition of feminism to include all genders. Also I'm waiting for you to show me where i was prejudiced.

First you are not a Queen.

Business outings - It is professional to offer to foot or share the bill whether or not you were invited.

Non Business outings - Your partner would respect you more if you offer to share or foot the bill, that's a fact. It is the same way BFs appreciate GFs who go out of their way to get them gifts and take them out especially when the reverse in the norm today. If you only expect to receive, you are no different from the millions of immature Nigerian girls.

Your 250% salary disparity example is just too ambiguos to even be addressed and corrected so I'll leave it at that. If you don't expect outing meals to be split 50 - 50, then you should not expect house chores and kitchen duty to be split 50 - 50 either.

Mind you, if a dude asks you out, it also is because he saw something he liked. It could just be your butt, it doesn't change anything. So the point you made there is irrelevant. No one would ask another out if they don't find anything about the other appealing.

Your view of feminism is funny. You are not willing to split bills 50 - 50 but you expect your guy to be the one to take you out and foot the bill 100% That shows the kind of feminist you are...a modern day one that gets the movement wrong.

Your view is the same with a lot of Nigerian girls who feel self entitled because they have a Vigina but complain because guys only value them for their Vagina.

Feminism should include splitting date bills 50 - 50 or it is not feminism animore, its selfishness.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by ReinaFarine: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
Next2Bezee:

Hi

Sweetie. Whatever you say. I split bills 50-50 with my partner all the time. But on SPECIAL OCASSIONS, where he wants to treat me specially and he takes me to exorbitant places as his treat, I decide if I can afford 50% without taking a nosedive in my income.

I earn an average of 80-100,000 monthly. I am a database administrator for some schools in FCT. And I get paid quarterly. Between 250 h 300,000.

My boyfriend makes about $2,500.00 monthly. You agree with me that the financial difference between us is so big I might as well give him my salary tonuse as offering in the church.

I am using my self as an example. He earns about 7 - 8 times my salary a Month. So a 2.5 : 1 ratio is not as crazy as you think..

If a man wants to just hook up with me and I'm into that, what's the need for dumbass conversations? It is a simple story of your place or mine.

You think I feel entitled because of my vagina? I'm sorry I come across as that. But consider what I earn and what he earns, even his male buddies earning what I earn most times don't even offer to settle the tabs.

All you can see from what I have been saying is he pays 100% please, read my posts again. You're getting me twisted. This view of mine is like I keep stating, my personal opinion. If I tell my friends, I'm taking y'all to go see a movie. I am sure as shit paying for all of them. Not because they can't (Most of my friends ate guys by the way), but because it is MY treat.

I keep stating this and you just skim over that.

He is not paying because he is a MAN or because he is RICH or because I have the pussy. He is paying to convince me of why I am to go out with him on a permanent basis.

Please darling, read my posts from the begining again not to look for flaws and what will make you consider me a Feminist that wants to be treated like a princess.
I think you'll see where j called out girls that say I'm not his mummy, I aint gonna do his dishes, wash his clothes or.cook for him but want their man to act like their daddy. Payingbl their school fees, house rent, utility bills and give them allowance.

In a relationship which ksvery different from dates, splitting the bills fifty-fifty or stating dinner is on me is no problem with me. If the place is in my price range, I have no problem paying for it every time. A part of my post you've refused to acknowledge.

Buying gifts, planning surprises, showing romantic gestures like I have stated before is not for one gender. Both couples should show appreciation, adoration and affection in form of gifts, words, actions, and the likes.

See the issue of chores. What I fight for on this is, my job and professional life is not going to come second to yours. If I can do 100% of the chores, balance my career and have time for myself, I really don't see a single reason not to. It becomes an issue to me when you see it as all I am and what I am suppose to do so much that even at your free time and the detriment of my health or career, I still have to slave in the kitchen while you talk sport with 'them.guys'

The notion that a woman's place is the kitchen and it is a taboo for a man to.enter there is what I am against. If I am a good cook, and can balance that with a successfully thriving career that my personal life doesn't hurt my professional one, I'll cook until we are 70.

But if I am terrible at cooking, it doesn't make me less of a woman. And if I am with a man that can cook without disrupting his professional and personal time, nothing stops h from doing that.

But feminism is bigger than date night and who takes out the garbage.

The thing you don't get is I am not going to inconvenience myself.playing who has the bigger balls when I'm asked out on a first date especially when the said person is pulling out all the stops to impress me when I can't afford such extravagance. Outright rejection or change in venue tend to make most of them feel they didn't plan the date well enough a d this feeling of inadequacy is a bad foundation for a relationship building on equality.

And most times, having the 'dinner is on me' conversation with a guy on the first date sends the wrong notion of disrespect and all.. But when we are in a relationship, you know me well.enough that I'm going to pay for half of the date and it is not meant to.disrespect you in any way, rather it is a thing of showing I love you for more than your money.

Is there any other are you're confused?
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
Err please ReinaFarine, can you stop using " Darling, Honey, Sweetie, Sugar, Salt " etc at the beginning of your post, No one is your Sugar here !

And please try to shorten your post, It's too long biko ! I'm sure you can convey your message in few sentences. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by mikejj(m): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
optional1:
he who call for date should take care of the bills...
because you know a woman can never or rarely request for a date abi
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by mikejj(m): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
well my own take on this matter is that you are guy before going for a date you should know that you are the spender there.the bill is on you bro not the innocent girl

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Invest In Your Wife/girlfriend / Why A Taurus Man Should Stay Away From A Taurus Woman / Twitter On Fire As @Jayythedope Bills Men $200 To Stop Men From Simping (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.