Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? (2396 Views)

I’ve Impregnated Wife Of My Cousin Who Pays My Fees – 21-year-old Man Cries / FEMINISTS Who Believe THE FUTURE IS FEMALE, Come In & Answer These 2 Questions!! / Man Pays For Hotel Room For A Lady In Lagos. She Refuses Sex & This Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
ReinaFarine:
Hello People,
This issue has been a source of confusion to everybody (ladies and gentlemen alike). Who is to pay the bill on a date? I’m gonna say a few things before answering this question. No offense to anybody, but if a boy is dragging on the ‘who is gonna pay the bill after a date’ whatever, I’m sorry to say, but said ‘boy’ is in no way ready for a relationship. He is still immature and doesn’t understand that feminism is not against chivalry.
cc:

Alcatraz005
Lala247
Pocohantas
Tahra
Lalastical
Scotfree
Tajbol4splend

I didn't want to quote all your post, so I just reduced it.

If i am not wrong, Gender Equality is not about women or about playing victims. It's for equal rights and NOT for being equal. It's for men, women, transgenders; basically it's not restricted to any particular gender and is much inclusive. Gender Equality is not something owned by a particular gender just because is has “fem” in it - Picked from Quora.

So it's safe to say that the bill should be splitted 50/50 at all times. Please note the word at all times.

One funny thing I noticed is that, Nigerian Women/Females like you (the Poster) are the only ones complaining of financial inputs of the Male gender in a relationship/marriage.

One of the main reasons why Nigerian men hate feminism is that Our Nigerian Women have painted it like It was made for them. NO. It is for everyone.

So Women should be ready to work their ass off, when the Equality Bill finally drops, There is no free food in Freetown.

Drops mic !

Edit:

I think I mixed Feminism with Gender Equality, they are almost synonyms, but not the same. There are some differences.
Thanks Next2Bezee for pointing that out.

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by ChewingStick(m): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
earthquake1, deadrat, nwaamaikpe
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by optional1(f): 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
he who call for date should take care of the bills...

6 Likes

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Obiomon: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
undecided warris Odis
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by ReinaFarine: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
truthsayer009:

I didn't want to quote all your post, so I just reduced it.

If i am not wrong, feminism is not about women or about playing victims. It's for equal rights and NOT for being equal. It's for men, women, transgenders; basically it's not restricted to any particular gender and is much inclusive. Feminism is not something owned by a particular gender just because is has “fem” in it - Picked from Quora.

So it's safe to say that the bill should be splitted 50/50 at all times. Please note the word at all times.

One funny thing I noticed is that, Nigerian Women/Females like you (the Poster) are the only ones complaining of financial inputs of the Male gender in a relationship/marriage.

One of the main reasons why Nigerian men hate feminism is that Our Nigerian Women have painted it like It was made for them. NO. It is for everyone.

So Women should be ready to work their ass off, when the Equality Bill finally drops, There is no free food in Freetown.

Drops mic !

Darling, you ask me out, you pay for the date. I sm wasting valuable minutes of my time to consider why I deem you worthy of my time, my attention and my contributions...
If I ask you out because I see something in you that I want more, I'm gonna pay for the full date no question asked....

When we are in a relationship, if you pick a super pricey place and I earn #80,000.00 to your #360,000 monthly, you don't expect me to drop 20,000 on a date do you. And if I earn more than you I won't expect the same of you. It is a mater of logic. I raised this issue because it seemed to be a matter of controversy among broke ass NL niggers looking for free food.

If the place is within my price range. Say total cost of dinner is #10,000, I don't have a problem paying 50 or 100% of that.
But when you pick the place because you want to make me feel special in that day, you got to pay... Male or female.

Feminism is for both of the sexes honey I agree with you on that.

The stupid idealogy that girls have of:

Only a MAN suggest and sponsors date night... Sexist.

That only the man is responsive for romantic surprises, gifts and gestures... Sexist.
The stupid notion of waiting on a MSN to take care of all my needs... I mean why else am I with him... Is as sexist as saying I'm only with a woman for sex...

A man is note than his pocket and a woman more than her body

Feminism is treating people right irrespective of gender.
In my situation, my Man earns about 6 Times my salary... So to the best of my ability and my pocket, I take care of him.
It is financial buoyancy and not sexual organ that determines who takes the lionshare.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
ReinaFarine:

Darling, you ask me out, you pay for the date. I sm wasting valuable minutes of my time to consider why I deem you worthy of my time, my attention and my contributions...

Exactly my thoughts on how you would respond.

This is not how it is done when it comes to Equality of rights. There is nothing like Deem worthy? You know why? Because we are both equal in rights.

Deem worthy in this context in it's literal meaning means You're lower than me. And You should be lucky i'm considering you.

If you are asked out to an Expensive place, You simply decline the invitation. It that simple.

There is also nothing like "My attention and my contributions". it should be *Our*

If I ask you out because I see something in you that I want more, I'm gonna pay for the full date no question asked --- This is also wrong. Once you as a lady ask me out (According to laws of equality). We pay 50/50. It doesn't matter who asked who out.

You need to change your Nigerian mentality. Whosoever / Whatsoever you are reading is obviously wrong.

Equality is Equality. Don't change anything OR add to it. It means 50/50 at all times. There is no compromise.

I'm going to bed. I'll reply your mentions tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
S/He who invites grin
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by KardinalZik(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
Equal Rights = Equal Obligations, Duties & Responsibilities
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by charlito94(m): 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
any one can pay the bill

pls dont forget help build a career by going to these links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72vO2CycgA
https://soundcloud.com/user-953992198/custom-p-ayiba

you can also download through the following links and don't forget to like and make your comments. Thanks help improve build and improve a career

https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=m72vO2CycgA
https://soundcloud.com/user-953992198/custom-p-ayiba

get a chance to listen this amazing song by an OAP custom p
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
KardinalZik:

This bull shit doesn't apply in a relationship, or do you need to be told that? How people choose to love is not up for discussion. This is a friendly date.... Love has no rules only solutions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
KardinalZik:

Love has no rules so I don't think feminism applies in a relationship because people love differently. This topic talks of a date, meaning the first few before a relationship/feelings are established.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by ReinaFarine: 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
ReinaFarine:

If I ask you out because I see something in you that I want more, I'm gonna pay for the full date no question asked....

It is going to be sexist if the teason he's paying for the full date is because he's a MAN.

No... Even if I am a lesbian, you ask me out, before we get to know each other, you pay.

I understand what you're saying...

@What I quoted, feminism encourages both of the sexes to pursue an interest.
In other words, the chyker can be of any gender without being classified as a cheap forward olosho.
In situation where it is the woman that says, can we continue this some other time, she pays for the date.

You declared interest, and until it is certain your feelings are reciprocated, you're goddamn paying for my attention since I didn't ask for yours.

But a time comes like I stated, I crave you as much as you crave me... Paying for a place or dinner of even #3,000,000.00 is worth it if you're considering the reward of hanging out with your
Significant other. And putting a little chirp in their step.

It is not the money. When it becomes a let's get a calculator and divide what you ate or divide until the last kobo, it is more mechanical than passionate...

Devicing a means of showing your SO he/she's appreciated for more than his money without hurting yourself even if it is by taking him to a #300 buka (if that's all you can afford), is what feminism strives to attain.

Thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
Whoever initiates the date foots the bill.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobodys(f): 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
ReinaFarine:

It is going to be sexist if the teason he's paying for the full date is because he's a MAN.

No... Even if I am a lesbian, you ask me out, before we get to know each other, you pay.

I understand what you're saying...

@What I quoted, feminism encourages both of the sexes to pursue an interest.
In other words, the chyker can be of any gender without being classified as a cheap forward olosho.
In situation where it is the woman that says, can we continue this some other time, she pays for the date.

You declared interest, and until it is certain your feelings are reciprocated, you're goddamn paying for my attention since I didn't ask for yours.

But a time comes like I stated, I crave you as much as you crave me... Paying for a place or dinner of even #3,000,000.00 is worth it if you're considering the reward of hanging out with your
Significant other. And putting a little chirp in their step.

It is not the money. When it becomes a let's get a calculator and divide what you ate or divide until the last kobo, it is more mechanical than passionate...

Devicing a means of showing your SO he/she's appreciated for more than his money without hurting yourself even if it is by taking him to a #300 buka (if that's all you can afford), is what feminism strives to attain.

Thanks OP.
swithrt. you are so filled with wisdom... Please don't even waste your energy in convincing anyone...
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by shaybebaby(f): 10:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
Reina has said it all, no wonder op has gone to bed. Probably hoping to dream of a suitable reply. Too bad there isn't. grin
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by rozay12345: 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
If you invite someone for a date, you should pay as a matter of courtesy. All these payments that are not up to 5,000 Naira, God banish poverty from my life.

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by SirKriz(m): 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lol! What stops madam from earning the same #360,000 as her male counterpart? See plenty grammar just prove an empty point. I just pray pride will leave you alone so you can reason normally. Most of the female folks cheering you on have backup plans in case you are not aware. grin grin

I sm wasting valuable minutes of my time to consider why I deem you worthy of my time, my attention and my contributions...
Continue, Shiloh is your final destination. grin
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by DaddyKross: 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
[s]
ReinaFarine:

When we are in a relationship, if you pick a super pricey place and I earn #80,000.00 to your #360,000 monthly, you don't expect me to drop 20,000 on a date do you. And if I earn more than you I won't expect the same of you. It is a mater of logic. I raised this issue because it seemed to be a matter of controversy among broke ass NL niggers looking for free food.

If the place is within my price range. Say total cost of dinner is #10,000, I don't have a problem paying 50 or 100% of that.
But when you pick the place because you want to make me feel special in that day, you got to pay... Male or female.

That only the man is responsive for romantic surprises, gifts and gestures... Sexist.
The stupid notion of waiting on a MSN to take care of all my needs... I mean why else am I with him... Is as sexist as saying I'm only with a woman for sex...

In my situation, my Man earns about 6 Times my salary... So to the best of my ability and my pocket, I take care of him.
It is financial buoyancy and not sexual organ that determines who takes the lionshare.
Thanks
[/s]

Bullshit

I just checked your profile, if that is your picture then make that a Double Bullshit

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Martin0(m): 11:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
Waowgringringrin nice question!
Well for me,If you ask a girl out then the answer to the “who pays on a date?” question is a simple one. It’s you. When you invite a girl on a date it’s your responsibility to take care of her. So as a man you should always expect to pay for the date. After all you want her to be able to relax and enjoy her time with you. And that will be difficult if she’s worried about the money she’s spending.
Another reason it’s important for men to pay for a date is that it sends a clear message of your intentions. If you have a woman split the tab with you she may no longer see this as a “date”. She may instead get the message that the two of you are nothing more than friends. If you want to avoid her seeing you in that light then paying for the date will go a long way.

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Martin0(m): 11:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
But if she offer's to pay!. She may reach for her purse and suggest once or twice that she can pay half the bill. This may just be a courtesy, and her way of showing that you don’t have to pay for her. But in these situations you want to tell her to put the purse away. Let her see that you want to pay for her. That spending time with her and seeing that she is taken care of is more important than the handful of dollars you’re spending.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Martin0(m): 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
What if she’s really insistent?

It’s not often but every once in a while you
may go on a date with a woman who
absolutely refuses to let you pay for her.

If that’s the case there’s no point fighting
it. Offer to pay for her but if she is really
persistent about it then just split the bill.

There are some good reasons why a
woman may insist on paying for herself.

Maybe she sees it as a point of pride that
she can take care of herself. Maybe she
doesn’t want to feel like she “owes” you
anything. Or maybe she feels guilty when
guys buy her things and she doesn’t want
to feel that way. If her reasoning is
anything like the points mentioned above,
you can actually be doing her a favor and
showing you respect her values by
allowing her to pay for herself.

Well for now,let me watch and see if anymore simple question will come from op againgringringrin

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Next2Bezee(m): 12:01am On Nov 22, 2017
ReinaFarine:

Thanks

Just helped you highlight the rubbish you took your time to post.

From the bolded, we can see that 70% of your post makes zero sense so we can disregard that. Let me help you with definitions since you seemed to struggle with those.

Feminism - The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. Women's Rights! It has nothing to do with men so it is NOT for both sexes.

Egalitarianism - Believing in or based on the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by ubunja(m): 12:08am On Nov 22, 2017
i never date any gal that subscribes to the feminist sewage.
every gal i date must fullfil this list:
love house music
be old school
be christian

coz life is too short to date a headache. in heaven there us no marriage.so if u fail to enjoy it here then tough luck.

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by ubunja(m): 12:14am On Nov 22, 2017
DaddyKross:
[s][/s]

Bullshit

I just checked your profile, if that is your picture then make that a Double Bullshit
congratulations grin grin grin angry
u win the prize for Vagina Worshipper of The Day grin grin grin
here is your prize: a lifetime supply of used tampons grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 22, 2017
All these one no need long discussion.if u invite and take out a lady its normal for u to pay for the treat...though if she wants to contribute she's free to contribute.always sew ur coat according to ur size by taking her to a place u can afford.its not compulsory u must take her to a very expensive eatery.there are affordable, nice and neat fast food eateries around if u must carry her to one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by ReinaFarine: 1:50am On Nov 22, 2017
Next2Bezee:

Feminism - The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. Women's Rights! It has nothing to do with men so it is NOT for both sexes.

Egalitarianism - Believing in or based on the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.

Who defined this for you.
It is as dumb as saying the fight against racism is only for the black... It is a fight against stereptypic discrimination based of race. The fact that the blacks where the most affected by this doesn't make it a fight just for them.

The fact that women are most affected by sexism doesn't make it theirs alone.

Please read.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Tozara(m): 6:10am On Nov 22, 2017
DaddyKross:

[s]Bullshit

[/s]
Your brain is as dirty as the font you type in. Senseless clown.

1 Like

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by Tozara(m): 6:14am On Nov 22, 2017
Next2Bezee:

[s]Just helped you highlight the rubbish you took your time to post.

From the bolded, we can see that 70% of your post makes zero sense so we can disregard that. Let me help you with definitions since you seemed to struggle with those.

Egalitarianism - Believing in or based on the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.[/s]
Discussing feminism with these nincompoops is an excercise in futility. 90% of the time spent on the discussion will be wasted on defining feminism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by chigoizie7(m): 6:34am On Nov 22, 2017
Dimples129:

Love has no rules so I don't think feminism applies in a relationship because people love differently. This topic talks of a date, meaning the first few before a relationship/feelings are established.

Feminism does not apply in relationships?

Woow. What hypocrisy.

Equality is equality in all aspect of life.
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by walepackage(m): 6:40am On Nov 22, 2017
All these small girls that dont really know whats 'feminism'.Imagine her definition and usage of feminism.You cant differenciate from 'idealism and realism'.You think 'dating' is a formal relationship, where every rules of engagement is 'rule bound'.The way we act,behave,think,attitude,and relate in a relationship is mostly revolve around the emotional,subconscious part of a man.Which, the most logic part has been beclouded with subjectism.Any one can pay for anything in a relationship be it on an outing,gift,picknik,shoping.Its not mathematically started that everything should be equal.It is just a fallacy and utopian to have that preconceive notion you stated aboved.Pls read more on your 'feminism'
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by DaddyKross: 7:11am On Nov 22, 2017
ubunja:

congratulations grin grin grin angry
u win the prize for Vagina Worshipper of The Day grin grin grin
here is your prize: a lifetime supply of used tampons grin grin grin

Lol. I quoted you back because i realised you didn't understand my post. Now, take a chill pill and read that post again. How does it make me Vagina worshiper ? Easy on the drug intake, braah cheesy
Re: Re: Feminists: Who Pays For The Date? by DaddyKross: 7:14am On Nov 22, 2017
Tozara:
Your brain is as dirty as the font you type in. Senseless clown.

I don't deal with sissies and alternates. You can kindly go to hell now smiley

Wait a minute, It's you ? cheesy grin Scared of quoting me with your main ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo State University Student Found Dead With Lover In Hostel / Someone I Talk To Said He Does Not Want Me Around Him Anymore / Is It True That The Person Who Loves The Most In A Relationship Feels Hurt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.