Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese (59052 Views)

Inner Galaxy Group Treating Nigerians Like Slaves / Modern Day Slavery At Dangote Refinery/fertilizer Project?!? / Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Ten06(m): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
You see what we have been saying, all the time Nnamdi Kanu used in ranting and desecrating shrines in the East he would have used it to deal with this Chinese people using our people to play jacky Chan in their factories
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by davillian(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
nuttyhnic:
Nigerians are cowards, can't you fight back? In your own country.

Lol well I'm glad I don't find myself in this situations and I don't pity these people, if a Chinese guy or a foreigner tries to oppress me or hit me violently in my own country, LOL I'll be in jail for attempted murder

If you can't defend yourself in your own country, where can you then defend yourself? Do Nigerians even stand for anything ?

You travel to South Africa, you get beaten!
India you get beaten!
Americas you get beaten!
They come to your homeland and still beat you
Our beatings na home and away na lol.
The truth is that if u fight back it is our own security forces that will beat shit out of u and even throw you in jail.

1 Like

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by jstriker442(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
fecta:
I have been preaching this thing since, people should start a business, and stop wasting their talents and live for 30,000 naira.
I think i will start a tour speaking about enterprenuershup all over nigeria ( exept some part of the north dont ask me why).
When your business expands, u will find robots to work for you, bah

1 Like

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by slimfit1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2017
onward4life:

Ibos are......

Strong and dumb are cousins

Strong sha!
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
why dont you 1st ask all the Nigerians who STILL work for this firm to quit.... and then when these people give you their reason why they refuse to quit, you will have the answer to your question. as much as the firm should have protection in place, in this harsh economy, the majority can bloody well do what they please, because there will always be another desperate dumbaass to get hired to replace anyone who decide to quit.

btw whether this firm is Chinese or local is irrelevant here.

Where will they go? The country is too hard. The government knows if they kick them out, lots of people will revolt. So they rather do nothing.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by giftiy(m): 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
Equalright247:

How would you ask them to quit , if they quit who is going to employ them, the fact that these Chinese companies employ our Citizens doesn't give them the right to treat them anyhow, in all these injuries a Chinese expatriate was never injured .......they should learn to obey our Labour law, Graduates working in firm for over 2yrs and they are still on casual basis, no offer letter, sexual harassment, Job insecurity and what have you and you are here asking them to quit, can't the Chinese do something about those working for them?, if they quit and another set of workers comes in and the same thing happens, then they too should leave and another comes,they continue rendering Nigerians disable and subjecting them to slaves in their fathers land....My dear ....
the truth here is that our labour/law/Union
on exist on News Line
that's why the Indians and Chinese do all the feel
the lowest expert treats now earns between 2000-3000 dollars
and most Bsc in same company are paid
less than 150 dollars
If 1$=350
its a pity sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by onward4life(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
[quote author=slimfit1 post=62643562][/quote]

Yu real bro try racism and choose one

Nigg don't described a people like dat

Yu cud be jacked, shot and smacked like that!

Check ur bible and pls dnt judge

It's left in d hands of God to Judge!

Ibo hausa Yoruba I love us

They feel hurt cos they can't hurt us!
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Menzy86(m): 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Has anyone noticed that most of these evil companies hardly set up in the North? As 'illiterate' as the Northerners are, they are still d boldest pple who wont be treated like shit ESPECIALLY if they hav managed to acquire any form of education. Na burn dem go burn dat building down bear anybody wey dem hands fit hold.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Siki355(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
fecta:
I have been preaching this thing since, people should start a business, and stop wasting their talents and live for 30,000 naira.
I think i will start a tour speaking about enterprenuershup all over nigeria ( exept some part of the north dont ask me why).

oga abeggi
whc bizness i fit start wit 30k?
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by gemini35(m): 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
olaidedaniel199:
This chineese pple sa...

Attend the FREE Training in Digital Media Marketing to be an expert in SEO, Email Marketing, Social Media Mgmt, Blogging, Adwords etc? Attend this in LAGOS FREE on Sat, 25/11/2017.
can you send me your contact through mail to
harmonygodwin09@gmail.com
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by zoedew: 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
onward4life:

We are all one courage binds all together

Strong like that bonds together!

Not tru bro! No beef intended!

The pic explains better bro our pains has ended

Well..... if you say so
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Augiiee(m): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
fecta:
You cant say nothing without sounding tribalistic #smh
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
I dont like doing business wt Asians.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Princedapace(m): 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
kabaka1:
our govt just dey so weak that they can't even regulate the affairs of these Chinese companies in our own country that's why take us 4 granted an do whatever they like. basically these govt officials go behind to collect bribe from them and then they do as they like cos they know sey govt got their backs no matter what they do.

it's a shame how our people's weakness has brought us to this very low level in our own country

bros. Nigeria is a useless country. The so called govt dont give a Bleep about Nigerians..u are told to hustle and be like Wizkid, Davido, etc. No one gives a Bleep about the life of a Nigerian. Dont blame the chinese, lebanese, Indians, they are doing this becus unemployment is too much here. Nigerians are suffering, Nigerians are hungry, Nigerians have suffered beyond redemption.

Life is bleeped up here. This is why crime rate is so high. People need money to escape the unbearable life bro. This whole issue boils down to the govt. The only thing Nigeria govt knows is to chop, chop, and fix their kids unborn into lucrative govt positions..

what is the way out?

Protest till these old politicians run out of Nigeria.. It was done in tunisia..they are stable now.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by mastermaestro(m): 2:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
Menzy86:
Has anyone noticed that most of these evil companies hardly set up in the North? As 'illiterate' as the Northerners are, they are still d boldest pple who wont be treated like shit ESPECIALLY if they hav managed to acquire any form of education. Na burn dem go burn dat building down bear anybody wey dem hands fit hold.

grin grin Very true.

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
fecta:
I hope you will provide them the capital for business.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by banio: 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
The Nigerian state is evil. This slavery is everywhere, though very wrong. Multinationals that carry almost half of the state funding are also involved. They see Nigeria as a country that is fantastically corrupt, with leaders that love bribe. We need mass protest against this casual workers in companies. We need to occupy Nigeria.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Dsov2016: 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
why would expatriates owned companies not continue to treat our labour force unfairly when all our government/leaders know is to bring in foreign investments into the country without sanitizing our labour laws. I was scrolling thru the net and I read that in some states in the US they have forced companies to introduce anti promiscuity laws into employees contract . foreign investment in Nigeria is done at all cost including sacrificing our people lives and our environment. What is stopping our government from developing our people to become the investors rather than bringing in foreigner who treat us as slaves in our own home
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by onisilese: 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
NLC has to call to order this Chinese company's, as its not only in Aba this kind of attitude is being portrayed. Foreign company's in this country need to be under serious check... A set of non-corrupt team needs to be set-up to check compliance on this companies from time to time, because even the Nigerian HR's in these company's are also scared of loosing their own jobs and so have little or no say.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by onisilese: 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
NLC has to call to order this Chinese company's, as its not only in Aba this kind of attitude is being portrayed. Foreign company's in this country need to be under serious check... A set of non-corrupt team needs to be set-up to check compliance on this companies from time to time, because even the Nigerian HR's in these company's are also scared of loosing their own jobs and so have little or no say.

Chris Ngige... where are you
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by daddio(m): 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
Equalright247:
Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese

Hello great Nigerians , are we still living in a world of slavery?. here is a Chinese firm Abia State precisely the workers the have suffered a lot in the hands of the Chinese, they have turned the workers there to slaves in their own country.

1.Workers are sacked at will without any consideration.
2.Liquids from the cooked steel poured on workers and they are not disable for life without any form compensation.
3.A Chinese guy by name Jacky working in HR/ADMIN threaten those working with , intimidate them and molest them at will.
4.Another Chinese guy by Name Bob working in P.R.O section molest and penalize workers without any reason whatsoever , he will send the soldiers to beat up Nigeria worker at will.
5. No offer letter for those working, not complete paper for the expatriate , they don't follow the Nigeria Labour Law of employment and redundancy , Discrimination, assault and racism is the other of the day, injured workers are not paid promptly and they will be forced to resume work even when they are not certified fit by the Doctor
Please we need help here in INNER GALAXY STEEL COMPANY ABA, Abia State, in UMUAHALA UKWA WEST OBUSOR ASA.
Kindly re-broadcast till it meet the appropriate authority ....we need Senator, Human Rights Activities and other Government official to come to our aid....here are some picture to back up my claims.....

LET THIS BE SHARED ON FACEBOOK GROUPS, INSTAGRAM AND OTHER NOTEWORTHY BLOGS POST IT ON LINDA IKEJI'S BLOG TOO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by thedondada(m): 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2017
AfriAskMen:
The Chinese are the owners of the company... people should simply shun the company. But, some people would still go there, get maltreated and complain.

Your head they there. They beat and injure is known yet you'll still carry your head there and start complaining. If you all ignore them.they would.behave themselves but there's always that Judas that claims his suffering is the most.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by terryhill: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
My fellow Countrymen. I am a Nigerian, from the Eastern part of this country. I have been working for Inner Galaxy Group for some years now. My attention has been drawn to the issue trending on this platform concerning the company. I can tell you it does not represent the facts about the company. I wish the writer had indicated his name. I would have been able to ask him a few questions. This is the only company I know of Asian origin which celebrates staff birthdays every month - Nigerian staff, I mean. A company that every quarter holds bonding programs like football games, beach events, etcetera for both Nigerian and Chinese staff so as create a collegiate atmosphere.
At the moment, we already have started plans for our Christmas party and we are planning a series of events involving the Inner Galaxy staff and their spouses.
I know that our Group MD who is also Chinese said it clearly at the beginning of the company that NO Nigerian staff should ever call anybody else, whether Chinese or Nigerian, master. That was part of what won my heart for this company. Yes, once in a while, there may be industrial accidents, as can happen in the best companies, anywhere in the world. When such a thing happens, the company first of all fulfils what the labour law says and goes above that to do more for the family. Of course, I have seen some photos attached on the platform. I wish the writer could say who they are, what department they work and the hospitals they are. On the allegation of sexual harassment, I can only say that the accuser thinks little of Nigerian women. Most Nigerian women I know won't tolerate molestation just to earn a living. They have been leaving the company in droves, and certainly one would have slapped someone by now! I have no doubt that the person who generated this must be someone who is aggrieved about something. If only we knew the person and what he is angry about, instead of going to the court of the Social Media. I hope I have provided some explanation. Many Thanks.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
why dont you 1st ask all the Nigerians who STILL work for this firm to quit.... and then when these people give you their reason why they refuse to quit, you will have the answer to your question. as much as the firm should have protection in place, in this harsh economy, the majority can bloody well do what they please, because there will always be another desperate dumbaass to get hired to replace anyone who decide to quit.

cry
MrBrownJay1:

Exactly my point.. The chinese people tie them there? Cant they quit and look for else where? ok now make them die there. Later them go say Buhari done kill pple
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by dejavuh0007(m): 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
All of una dey mad. Na by force make u work with dem?
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by skedy1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2017
They sack at will.
They do any how with workers.
I wanna know if am a foreigner even in my own country.

This poo gotta stop!

Before you quote me,be informed that am a victim of this, so I know what the O.P is saying.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
fecta:

bro, not everybody can run a successful business, and the reason why some deluded people have the audacity to not pay you on time, is because of people like you who think that any dumbaaaass can run a biz.

here is a clue: all the dumbaaass you think can run a business are probably the ones spending the company money on their mistresses, and then saying to their employees that they have no money to pay their salaries.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by einsteine(m): 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Equalright247:

How would you ask them to quit , if they quit who is going to employ them, the fact that these Chinese companies employ our Citizens doesn't give them the right to treat them anyhow, in all these injuries a Chinese expatriate was never injured .......they should learn to obey our Labour law, Graduates working in firm for over 2yrs and they are still on casual basis, no offer letter, sexual harassment, Job insecurity and what have you and you are here asking them to quit, can't the Chinese do something about those working for them?, if they quit and another set of workers comes in and the same thing happens, then they too should leave and another comes,they continue rendering Nigerians disable and subjecting them to slaves in their fathers land....My dear ....

Are you more concerned with the fact that they are Chinese or the fact that they are breaking labor laws? Nigerian owned companies are not left out of this malaise. In any case, it's your government that wants foreign investment. Get legal representation. Nairaland front page won't stop this sort of thing.

1 Like

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Tunks2017(m): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
Those preposterous lizard - eyed looking fascist Chinese crackers.................... angry
They are not worth shit............ angry
They need to be dealt with
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by einsteine(m): 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2017
majekdom2:
they send in underqualified people as expat. From HR to finance to sales. Indians, lebanese and Chinese. The only industry your government shout local content for is oil and gas.

If truly the people they send in are under qualified, shouldn't the company be failing? If the company is successful despite the so called unqualified people, then perhaps the qualification is unnecessary.

Anybody who doesn't like the conditions, should simply quit. What's so difficult in that?

There are many Nigerian owned companies that act worse than the case in this thread. The only way to stop it is to vote with your feet. Leave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide / The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.