Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese (59049 Views)

Inner Galaxy Group Treating Nigerians Like Slaves / Modern Day Slavery At Dangote Refinery/fertilizer Project?!? / Molten Iron At An Indian Steel Company In Lagos Kills Many Nigerians Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by PastorAji(m): 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
terryhill:
My fellow Countrymen. I am a Nigerian, from the Eastern part of this country. I have been working for Inner Galaxy Group for some years now. My attention has been drawn to the issue trending on this platform concerning the company. I can tell you it does not represent the facts about the company. I wish the writer had indicated his name. I would have been able to ask him a few questions. This is the only company I know of Asian origin which celebrates staff birthdays every month - Nigerian staff, I mean. A company that every quarter holds bonding programs like football games, beach events, etcetera for both Nigerian and Chinese staff so as create a collegiate atmosphere.
At the moment, we already have started plans for our Christmas party and we are planning a series of events involving the Inner Galaxy staff and their spouses.
I know that our Group MD who is also Chinese said it clearly at the beginning of the company that NO Nigerian staff should ever call anybody else, whether Chinese or Nigerian, master. That was part of what won my heart for this company. Yes, once in a while, there may be industrial accidents, as can happen in the best companies, anywhere in the world. When such a thing happens, the company first of all fulfils what the labour law says and goes above that to do more for the family. Of course, I have seen some photos attached on the platform. I wish the writer could say who they are, what department they work and the hospitals they are. On the allegation of sexual harassment, I can only say that the accuser thinks little of Nigerian women. Most Nigerian women I know won't tolerate molestation just to earn a living. They have been leaving the company in droves, and certainly one would have slapped someone by now! I have no doubt that the person who generated this must be someone who is aggrieved about something. If only we knew the person and what he is angry about, instead of going to the court of the Social Media. I hope I have provided some explanation. Many Thanks.
Mr TerryHill I didn't want to respond again on this thread but seeing your post I have no choice than to respond

1. You might be the PR Officer but I want to tell you categorically that MNC's of Asia origins are treating their Nigerian Staff like crap (if not that IITA is an INGO, they would be treating Nigerian staff like slaves)

2. I worked in an Indian firm. The MD calls you all sort of names like fool, cow, donkey etc (I have even been called " farmer "wink just because of the IMPRESSIONS YOU NIGERIANS AT THE HELM OF AFFAIRS portray TO THEM

3. Asians are known to be guilty in payment of salaries and allowances of staff (and even they don't allow you staff to join any Labour union) an example: our salary was delayed till 18th of the following month and workers protested. Out of the 3 staff that led the protest, one resigned (got another job offer), the second one his salary was delayed for 2 months and the 3rd person was Sacked

4. The OP said that staff are hired and fired at will. It is true because ASIANS won't give you appointment letter

TerryHill, as people would always say " at all at all na winch" graduates don't want to be overnight daily nannies that's why they pick up jobs but that doesn't mean we should be treated like goats
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Ayiose(m): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
Please is there a government in this country still? Is the Houses of Senate and Representatives still functioning? Human Right fighters are they on long vacation? What about the National Association of Nigerian Students is their patriotic vibrancy forever gone? If No is the response to my query, please tell me why this death in the hands of these evil foreigners with the connivance of our brothers in uniforms? Oh Nigeria!
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Cromagnon: 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
Equalright247:
Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese

Hello great Nigerians , are we still living in a world of slavery?. here is a Chinese firm Abia State precisely the workers the have suffered a lot in the hands of the Chinese, they have turned the workers there to slaves in their own country.

1.Workers are sacked at will without any consideration.
2.Liquids from the cooked steel poured on workers and they are not disable for life without any form compensation.
3.A Chinese guy by name Jacky working in HR/ADMIN threaten those working with , intimidate them and molest them at will.
4.Another Chinese guy by Name Bob working in P.R.O section molest and penalize workers without any reason whatsoever , he will send the soldiers to beat up Nigeria worker at will.
5. No offer letter for those working, not complete paper for the expatriate , they don't follow the Nigeria Labour Law of employment and redundancy , Discrimination, assault and racism is the other of the day, injured workers are not paid promptly and they will be forced to resume work even when they are not certified fit by the Doctor
Please we need help here in INNER GALAXY STEEL COMPANY ABA, Abia State, in UMUAHALA UKWA WEST OBUSOR ASA.
Kindly re-broadcast till it meet the appropriate authority ....we need Senator, Human Rights Activities and other Government official to come to our aid....here are some picture to back up my claims.....
una no get union?
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by nanz(m): 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hello my people, my name is Uzor, a fellow Nigerian from the same state this misleading story is emanating. I know this company in question. i have been working in this company over 2 years now. i can categorically tell you that this not the mind of we Nigerian working there. Our relationship with our Chinese colleagues is not that of Master and Slave. This is the only company i know in this country that employ staff based on merit, not looking at your tribe or who brought you for employment (Godfather). The company provides daily meal ticket to all the staff to be used for food prepared by our fellow Nigerians as well. I can tell you that they are not the typical Asian company, in the way they treat their staff, in the way they relate to Nigerians. Before the arrival of this company at Umuahala community, i know how bushy the place was. But now the story is not the same. The place is now a beehive of commercial activities. Unfortunately, the writer of this piece may be a staff who was sacked for indiscipline. Yes, once in a while, there may be industrial accidents, as can happen in the best companies, anywhere in the world. Whenever this happens, the company fulfills its obligation as stipulated in the Labour Laws. Since he did not write his name, we may never know the other side until, perhaps the company volunteers a response. That's why the Social Media is a double-edged sword. Mischief makers can hide under it.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
einsteine:

If truly the people they send in are under qualified, shouldn't the company be failing? If the company is successful despite the so called unqualified people, then perhaps the qualification is unnecessary.

Anybody who doesn't like the conditions, should simply quit. What's so difficult in that?

There are many Nigerian owned companies that act worse than the case in this thread. The only way to stop it is to vote with your feet. Leave.
How can HR manager be a foreigner? I said under qualified as expat..... Whats the standard requirement for an Expat position? SHould human resources, accounting and perhaps warehouse jobs be given to expats. I am not talking about the condition of service here
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by kabaka1: 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
Princedapace:

bros. Nigeria is a useless country. The so called govt dont give a Bleep about Nigerians..u are told to hustle and be like Wizkid, Davido, etc. No one gives a Bleep about the life of a Nigerian. Dont blame the chinese, lebanese, Indians, they are doing this becus unemployment is too much here. Nigerians are suffering, Nigerians are hungry, Nigerians have suffered beyond redemption.

Life is bleeped up here. This is why crime rate is so high. People need money to escape the unbearable life bro. This whole issue boils down to the govt. The only thing Nigeria govt knows is to chop, chop, and fix their kids unborn into lucrative govt positions..

what is the way out?

Protest till these old politicians run out of Nigeria.. It was done in tunisia..they are stable now.

worst thing about this situation is that Naija and most poor African nations are blessed with natural resource , so I think the main problem is we as Africans have to relearn about how we see ourselves because the way it is today especially with our so called leaders is that there's a lack of love and empathy for each other. that a governor like Okorocha would ignore paying hungry pensioner that he owes and use the money meant for them to build stupid statues and do stupid Christmas tree installations is simply diabolical and evil.
also one of the main reasons why these politicians dey take us 4 granted is that our people 2 dey fear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by GhanaMustGoo: 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
CHINESE ARE GODLESS DEVILS. LET'S CHASE THEM OUT OF THIS COUNTRY B4 IT IS TOO LATE
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by onward4life(m): 2:06am On Nov 25, 2017
zoedew:

Well..... if you say so

Yu were suppose to take back what yu said earlier from here!
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by zoedew: 7:29am On Nov 25, 2017
onward4life:

Yu were suppose to take back what yu said earlier from here!

I hereby do so.
Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by onward4life(m): 10:49am On Nov 25, 2017
zoedew:

I hereby do so.

You so so....

Welcome to the NON Violent and unarmed Confrontational Family!

Where....

Re: Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese by Equalright247(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
.....I Think the writer of this is a PR of this company and was asked to put up this in other to curb the effect of the report, if you want to confirm this pls just go to this company and ask questions about the condition of Nigerians working there compare to their Chinese counterpart......Working are suffering but afraid of saying it so they will not be sack.
nanz:
Hello my people, my name is Uzor, a fellow Nigerian from the same state this misleading story is emanating. I know this company in question. i have been working in this company over 2 years now. i can categorically tell you that this not the mind of we Nigerian working there. Our relationship with our Chinese colleagues is not that of Master and Slave. This is the only company i know in this country that employ staff based on merit, not looking at your tribe or who brought you for employment (Godfather). The company provides daily meal ticket to all the staff to be used for food prepared by our fellow Nigerians as well. I can tell you that they are not the typical Asian company, in the way they treat their staff, in the way they relate to Nigerians. Before the arrival of this company at Umuahala community, i know how bushy the place was. But now the story is not the same. The place is now a beehive of commercial activities. Unfortunately, the writer of this piece may be a staff who was sacked for indiscipline. Yes, once in a while, there may be industrial accidents, as can happen in the best companies, anywhere in the world. Whenever this happens, the company fulfills its obligation as stipulated in the Labour Laws. Since he did not write his name, we may never know the other side until, perhaps the company volunteers a response. That's why the Social Media is a double-edged sword. Mischief makers can hide under it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide / The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.