Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation (11499 Views)

List 5 Important Things That Will Make Lagos Work And Develop - Lagos For Us ALL / I’m Going To Develop Lagos With New Strategies, Sanwo-olu / Ibos Did Not Develop Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Gotze1: 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
globemoney:

Why will someone from osun who pays less than one thousand tax anually to Lagos state government be telling someone like Cosharis to go back to igboland, that he owns lagos? Madness
I guess he pays more than mtn, Michael adeojo of Elizade, Mike adenuga, dangote, otedola and host of Yorubas n Hausas billionaires in Lagos. Your head is paining you. I have told you, go to European countries and tell them not to collect tax. Innoson that stayed jejely in nnewi, did any yorubaman or Lagos govt go drag am?

11 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
Gotze1:
Go and tell European countries to stop collecting tax from foreigners. As if only igbos pay tax in Lagos. Mumu.

But you never hear jobless youths from the European countries tell those tax paying invesotrs "Go back to your village", do you?

6 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by horsepower101: 4:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:

But you never hear jobless youths from the European countries tell those tax paying invesotrs "Go back to your village", do you?

Hahhhhhhaaaaaa....so true

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Victornezzar: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
horsepower101:

They are afraid because they want to eat their cake and also have it. They want one Nigeria but also want to retain ownership of lagos which is not possible. Whom ever owns land, pay taxes and invests in lagos owns lagos. Plus Nigerian constitution doesn't recognize ethnic ownership of land. It only recognizes state which is different.
well said, There's this certain idiot who keeps opening threads about igbos, I guess it's high time 2 ignore him, Most of them shouting Yoruba own lagos don't even own a property in the same lagos

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by ODVanguard: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
globemoney:

You cant tell me that ODvanguard, sarrki, PVision2020, aribisala0, Danladi7 etc are the real owners of lagos when they are paying their rents in Lagos to an igbo landlord. What if their igbo landlord reads this post and decides to kick them out?

Yinmu. You are a jobless lout. Most people have stopped taking you lots seriously anymore coz you are nothing more than empty chestbeaters. A yoruba lady I am close to recently helped one of your sisters to rent an apartment in her name in the same Lagos after The REAL Lagos landlords refused to rent to her. How she (your sister) was unable to locate these elusive igbo lagos landlords to rent to her remains a mystery.

Your people are fond of accusing Lagos landlords of refusing to rent to them, yet your likes still come here to act a fool by chestbeating about your imaginary ownership of property. If you people own as much property in Lagos as you like to claim, why then do y'all still complain the LOUDEST about being marginalized by Lagos landlords? One of your brothers even opened a popular thread on this forum sometime ago about being chased out of Lagos back to Anambra for similar reasons. Y'all need to quit this public embarrassment of obsessing over Lagos when Anambra is desperately in need of your attention.

http://nigeriarealestatehub.com/lagos-landlords-avoid-igbo-tenants.html/

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/threads/thou-shall-not-rent-to-igbo.1495/

https://www.nairaland.com/3601416/true-story-nairalander-relocated-lagos

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 4:07pm On Nov 22, 2017
adem30:

Go and beg your village people to return your brain

There should be a "full stop" at the end of every sentence.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

This Man Stop bringing lies here which Bank does he own, Do you realize Toyota is the largest Auto Manufacturing company in the world and Elizade(Ade-Ojo) is the sole distributor of Toyota in West Africa.

Seems you do not know he is a major owner of Access bank and sat on the board.

3 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by bakynes(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
kettykin:

Who are the real indigenes of Lagos state, is it the double mouthed societal nuisance running their mouth wide on social media or
the people of badagry, oshodi , Apanbon , lagos island etc that have being calmly and stealthly displaced from their inheritance by rogues from Osun, Ogun , Ondo , Kwara and Oyo.

Everyday for the thief but one day for the real owners of Lagos. the day of reckoning is coming soon .
See this Idiot, the real owners of Lagos are the indigenes. Lagos has five divisions called IBILE which stands for Ikeja-Badagry,Ikorodu-Lagos Island and Epe. Ikeja is Awori land, Badagry is Egun land(a Yoruboid group just like Itsekiri people) Ikorodu is Ijebu land, Lagos Island is Awori land, Epe is Ijebu land where I come from as well as Governor Ambode. Now Awori, Ijebu are both Yorubas.

Whether one is from Ondo,Osun,Ogun,Oyo,Kwara,Part of Kogi we are all Yorubas and have more rights in Lagos than an Igbo man from the East or the Hausa man from the North.

8 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2017
Gotze1:
I guess he pays more than mtn, Michael adeojo of Elizade, Mike adenuga, dangote, otedola and host of Yorubas n Hausas billionaires in Lagos. Your head is paining you. I have told you, go to European countries and tell them not to collect tax. Innoson that stayed jejely in nnewi, did any yorubaman or Lagos govt go drag am?

Have you taken a peep at who the owners of MTN are? The biggest Nigerian shareholders in MTN are the same Igbo people led by Paschal Dozie who was their first chairman.

8 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by adem30: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:

There should be a "full stop" at the end of every sentence.

You are welcome.

Eyah, Kpele

Remember to help me put it here
Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by globemoney: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2017
Gotze1:
Again, coscharis is the number one auto dealer in Lagos, stop this elixade nonsense... MTN is contolled by igbo man, Ndigbo pay more taz in Lagos than Dangote and Adenuga combined

3 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

See this Idiot, the real owners of Lagos are the indigenes. Lagos has five divisions called IBILE which stands for Ikeja-Badagry,Ikorodu-Lagos Island and Epe. Ikeja is Awori land, Badagry is Egun land(a Yoruboid group just like Itsekiri people) Ikorodu is Ijebu land, Lagos Island is Awori land, Epe is Ijebu land where I come from as well as Governor Ambode. Now Awori, Ijebu are both Yorubas.

Whether one is from Ondo,Osun,Ogun,Oyo,Kwara,Part of Kogi we are all Yorubas and have more rights in Lagos than an Igbo man from the East or the Hausa man from the North.

Governor Ambode is originally from Ondo state.

3 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
AntiWailer:
He should go to Anambra instead of staying in Lagos.

For his company to pay 450 million naira tax in Lagos that means they made over 4.5 billion naira in Lagos.

For him to pay 50 million personal tax that means he made over 500 million personal income in Lagos.

I guess the footballers should lay claim that they developed England going by the tax they pay weekly and annually.

The fact is that England acknowledges that foreigners develop London and go about trying to woo more foreign investors and talent. They don't tell them "go back to your village"

5 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by bakynes(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:

Seems you do not know he is a major owner of Access bank and sat on the board.
Stop lying to yourself, you forgot Google is there to verify claims, the CEO of Access bank is Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede

4 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

Stop lying to yourself, you forgot Google is there to verify claims, the CEO of Access bank is Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede

Primary school pupils have invaded Nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by bakynes(m): 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:

Governor Ambode is originally from Ondo state.
Says who a Flat head Igbo man like you.

3 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by nwabobo: 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

Says who a Flat head Igbo man like you.

http://www..com/talk/topic,236180.0.html
Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by PointB: 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
globemoney:

Enough is Enough.. Time to start agitating for Igbo governor in Lagos.. People with economic power have the louder voice all over the world, how can we allow it be different in Lagos.. How can people who can barely feed themselves be dictating to us while enjoying our money?

cc PointB

My position is clear.

Every city in Nigeria is a Nigerian city; it's a no man's land. If you have the number, influence and spread, the sky is the limit. Of course there will be resistance, however provided you are not breaking the law you have to forge ahead.

Some of our compatriots are funny, they travel abroad and vie for highest offices there, but here at home they want to frustrate the aspiration of their fellow citizens in the name of tribalism. The lightening that will strike them is conspiring with multiple storms.

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by totit: 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
Indeed, every city in Nigeria is no man's land. grin

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by globemoney: 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
ODVanguard:

Yinmu. You are a jobless lout. Most people have stopped taking you lots seriously anymore coz you are nothing more than empty chestbeaters. A yoruba lady I am close to recently helped one of your sisters to rent a house in her name in the same Lagos after The REAL Lagos landlords refused to rent to her. How she was unable to locate these elusive igbo lagos landlords to rent to her remains a mystery.

Your people are fond of accusing Lagos landlords of refusing to rent to them, yet your likes still come here to act a fool by chestbeating about your imaginary ownership of property. If you people own as much property in Lagos as you like to claim, why then do y'all still complain the LOUDEST about being marginalized by Lagos landlords? One of your brothers even opened a popular thread on this forum sometime ago about being chased out of Lagos back to Anambra for similar reasons. Y'all need to quit this public embarrassment of obsessing over Lagos when Anambra is desperately in need of your attention.

Of course you must be talking about the slums where there are many Yoruba landlords who accommodate fresh Igbos coming to Lagos with just one polythene bag only to turn to a millionaire in few years and relocate to the island. Most estates in Lagos and Abuja are owned by ndigbo so what nonsense are you talking about?
If you live in a standard house in a city in Lagos, there is 60% chance your land lord is Igbo. Fact

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by blaqoracle: 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
AntiWailer:
He should go to Anambra instead of staying in Lagos.

For his company to pay 450 million naira tax in Lagos that means they made over 4.5 billion naira in Lagos.

For him to pay 50 million personal tax that means he made over 500 million personal income in Lagos.

I guess the footballers should lay claim that they developed England going by the tax they pay weekly and annually.
the only GDP igbo have in this country is noise making. dangote that has invested over 20 billion dollars in lagos alone, the said amount is far more than the per capita income of all igbos both, home and abroad, has never disturbed our sleep for one night, but these rat gum sellers will never cease to disturbed other nigerians with their emptyness. only four group impacted on lagos 1. edo kingdom 2. colonial master 3. federal govt 4. yorubas. the igbos are mere passersby.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by totit: 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
If madueka could make that much in Lagos he should be made to pay more. After all, he made all the money in Lagos.

That's roughly about 500million income out of 10% tax. If Lagos made him that much I will employ Lagos State gov to increase his tax to about 20% to 30%, abeg.
To whom much is given much is expected after he can't make that much in iboland, where is the market

kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by Danladi7: 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
bakynes:

do you think Igbo are interested in the fact?

They enjoy being deluded.I swear with Almighty God.Infact,the only division bini people have relationship with is the "lagos island" and are not even the founder.,olofin from ile ife was the founder.Bini only ruled lagos island at time like britain ruled nigeria.which doesn't mean britain owns Nigeria or found Nigeria!

Bini people know all this,hence their silence!....however one stupid arrogant greedy inferior tribe like that suffering from low self esteem out of their reknowned form of delusions(persecutory and grandiose) have decided to want to believe otherwise!

8 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by menace1: 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2017
horsepower101:

Cry us a river. If you don't like the chest beating then push for referendum. But as long as they are in Nigeria and contribute to the development of Lagos, they have every right to claim ownership. With the rate of their ownership of land and businesses in Lagos, things will continue to tilt in their favor in the coming years.
if u want referendum go nd ask ur representative to push for that.ambode just made Yoruba compulsory in lagos nd this is just the beginning.we would frustrate u miserable slaves out of lagos nd south west.if u guys are serious about secession u would beg ur representative nd not begging us like slaves u are

6 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by CrtlAltDel: 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
The developers again, guys… ignore these people, they are bitter, angry and full of hate since the disappearance of the hunchback and success of Anambra… below is my comment 2 days back
CrtlAltDel:
All these noise about Lagos is just because Ipob are now irrelevant, insignificant in the scheme of things and most importantly they have been relegated to the background hence their noise on Lagos matter…check out how many thread they have opened on Lagos since the disappearance of the hunchback. It intensified after the succes of Anambra election…. More to come from the confused lot, they are angry, bitter and frustrated…… Igbos live, eat and shiite in illusions. My advice… ignore the "Developers" grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by ODVanguard: 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
globemoney:

Of course you must be talking about the slums where there are many Yoruba landlords who accommodate fresh Igbos coming to Lagos with just one polythene bag only to turn to a millionaire in few years and relocate to the island. Most estates in Lagos and Abuja are owned by ndigbo so what nonsense are you talking about?
If you live in a standard house in a city in Lagos, there is 60% chance your land lord is Igbo. Fact

Yinmu. Who are these nameless igbo estate owners in Lagos?? Your lies have long been busted even on this very forum. I am ready and willing to give you a list of the largest estate owners in Lagos, of which Yorubas feature predominantly. Again I repeat, who are these so-called ndigbo owners of 'most estates in Lagos'??

Below is my own list of the biggest real estate owners in Lagos. Show us your evidence (with a source of reference) to show and contradict this that igbos truly own 'most estates in Lagos' or STFU! Those days of you people pulling out percentages from your anus without proof or facts are long gone.

List of the REAL stakeholders of Lagos estates

1.Weyinmi Edodo - CEO of International Property Development Consortium (IPDC), earned a
Some of his remarkable real estate developments include: TBNW Terraces in Lekki Phase1, Pine Court Apartments by Femi Okunnu Estate in Lekki and Lotus Apartments in Ikate Elegushi, Lekki.

2.Gilbert Chagoury - Founder and Chairman of the Chagoury Group, Gilbert Ramez Chagoury was born in
Lagos, Nigeria on 8th January 1946. His parents, Ramez and Alice Chagoury were Lebanese immigrants who raised all their children in Nigeria. The group is famous for the development of Banana Island (Ocean Parade Towers), the Eko Atlantic City and other top
real estate developments around the country. The construction companies under their portfolio includes HiTechand ITB Constructions.

3.Mr. Kunle Tinubu - Chairman/CEO Trojan Estate.
Some of the current projects of the company includes: Royal Gardens Estate in Ajah, Peninsula Mall in Lekki, Peninsula Sports and Recreation club also in Lekki, Royal Gardens Estate in Abuja and the most recently introduced Troy Court a unique 24-unit apartment block development, located in the heart of the densely populated suburb of Aguda in Surulere, Lagos.

4.Dun Salami - CEO of Admiralty Homes Limited.
Some of Dun Salami’s achievements includes real estate developments in Banana Island, Queen’s Court in Lekki, Silicon Valley in Lekki and Victory Court also in Lekki. On the portfolio of the company is Admiralty Estate on Tourism Road by Alpha Beach close to Chevron Lekki. He is currently one of the most potent forces in the Lekki Real Estate Development Sector.

5.Otunba Olumide Osunsina - Managing Director/CEO Megamound Investment Limited
The company are the developers of Carlton Gate Estate by Chevron Drive, Lekki and Lekki County Estate in Ikota, Lekki. Other developments of the company includes hotels and office complexes in different parts of the country.

6.Sade Gbadamosi - Amen Estate
She is the Financial Director of Redbrick Homes Limited the developers of Amen Estate. Just over a decade, Amen Estate located along the Eleko Beach Road in Ibeju, Lekki is today one of the reference points in terms of real estate developments on the axis.

7.Tayo Sonuga
In 2009, his housing projects were described as the most romantic homes in Lagos, in 2010, they got the elevated appellation of the best designed homes in Lagos by top real estate publications in the country. In 2014, they got the prestigious award for the Most Affordable Development of the year, the same was awarded to them again in 2015.
Tayo Sonuga, the CEO of Haven Homes is a trailblazer in the Nigerian real estate sector in the area of affordable luxury homes. His current project is the Richmond Gate Estate in Lekki, Lagos.

8.Yemi Idowu CEO Aircom Nigeria Limited
Aircom Nigeria Limited, an infrastructure development company that has facilitated the development of about 62 hectares of land in Lekki, Lagos.
The company has successfully completed and delivered to various buyer groups several housing units in the following estates:- Northern Foreshore Estate in Lekki- A three phase project with several housing units, Friends Colony Estate in Lekki, Napier Garden Estate in Lekki, Egerton Place Estate in Lekki as well as Bourdillon Court Estate and Milverton Court Estate both in Ikoyi.

9.Prince Olu Okeowo - founder and chairman of Gibraltar Construction.
The philanthropist extraordinaire is reputed to be the most powerful real estate player in the whole of Ikoyi and its environs. Some of the completed prime and premium residential mansions of Gibraltar Construction includes: Abraham Court, Solomon Court, Grace, Emmanuel Court and Adejoke’s Court all in Ikoyi.

10.Tokunbo Ajayi
He currently heads Properygate Investment Limited.
The company is renowned for most of the major developments within Crown Estate in Lekki.

11.Adetunji Ogunwusi
Elder brother of the Ooni of Ife. He is the CEO of PrimewaterView Limited , a property development company that is presently rated among the first five indigenous property development companies in Nigeria. Its track record includes the development of various residential/commercial properties in Highbrow areas such as Ikoyi, Victoria Island and Lekki, Lagos Nigeria . It's foray into luxury apartments dates back to 2006 when it developed a block of 19units of 3 bedroom flats and semidetached houses for Exxon Mobil Staff Cooperative society within 12 months at Oniru Estate in Victoria Island Extension and the very popular PrimewaterView Gardens Phase I (107 units) in Lekki, Lagos.

12.Folorunsho Alakija
Dayspring Property Development Company Limited, which is currently developing her ongoing project, Rose of Sharon Towers. The building is located in Victoria Island, Lagos, with a magnificent view of Kuramo Waters and the Atlantic Ocean. There are three residential floors consisting 32 individual apartments of one, two and three bedrooms, all constructed to international standard and luxury finish.

13.Jim Ovia - Quantum Luxury Properties Limited.
Jim Ovia’s love for the road started with the development of the Civic Centre a little over a decade ago for the hosting of grand events and occasions.
However, following the Civic Centre is his recently completed 15 storey Grade A office building known as the Civic Towers. Major upcoming projects from Jim Ovia’s Quantum Luxury Properties Limited on Ozumba Mbadiwe Road are the Marriots Hotel and the Twin Towers. The ten floors five star Marriots Hotel is to come with 200 bedrooms with amenities like a ball room, meeting and international conference rooms, Olympic size swimming pool, spa, health club, executive lounge and super specialty restaurant, while the fifteen storey Twin Towers will consist of two semi-detached towers with an overall construction area of 43,138sqm and 27,000sqm lettable floor space.

14.Chief Rasak Akanni Okoya - RAO Property Investment Company.
Chief Okoya has invested in properties in different parts of Lagos. His magnificent estate, Oluwanisola (The Lord creates wealth) Estate at Lekki/Ajah Expressway, Elegant Gardens and Shopping Mall also in Ajah are part of his property investments. The Oluwanisola Estate, which is also described as an expatriates Estate because of the high number of expatriates living there, is well equipped with uninterrupted power and water supply, marble floors, central air-conditioning, sauna, lush gardens, billiard room, tennis court, swimming pools and lots more.

15.Rev. Olajide Awosedo - Grant properties limited
Grant Properties Limited is the proud owner of Goshen Beach Estate, Lekki and this is the first of its kind done by a wholly-owned Nigerian company. Today, Grant Properties Limited has on its stable Goshen Beach Estate, Lekki, Victory Park Estate, Lekki, Havilah Villas in I sheriff, Ogun State and The Beautiful Gate Estate, Lekki. His company, Grant Properties Limited is the first company anywhere in the world to be granted approval by the United States Government, to develop an estate for the Foreign Service Nationals of its Embassy in Lagos.

16.Gary Sanusi
Dillon Nigeria is an architechtural consultant / real estate development company located in both Lagos, Nigeria & The United States of America
Some of the completed projects of the company includes Abiola Court 1-7 all in Lekki, Ebeano Shopping Mall in Lekki, Dilton Court in Lekki and a host of other developments in and around Ikoyi.

17.Oba Adetola Emmanuel King - Adron Homes.
Adron Homes andProperties Limited. Some of
the company’s estates include: Treasure Parks and Gardens, Glass House Estate and Treasure Golf and Estate all in Shimawa, Ogun State. Other estates of the company are: Town Park and Gardens, Imota, Ikorodu, Grand view Park and Gardens, Atan-Ota, Ogun State, Rehoboth Park and Gardens, Ibeju-Lekki and the newest one known as Manhattan Park and Gardens, Karu, Abuja.

18.Agboifoh Harrison
He is the CEO ofLandmark Corporate Reality Limited the owners of: Queens Parks Estate in Simawa, Mowe-Ofada and Isheri North. The company also owns Queens Park Estate in Abuja. Apart from real estate,

19.Tayo Fashogbon
CEO of Portal Realities Limited the developers of Broadview Estate and Fair Haven Estate both in Abuja as well as Broadview Estate in Lekki, Ajah, New Life Estate in Agbara, Royal Garden City, Mowe Ofada and Green Housing Estate, Mowe Ofada.

20.Sijibomi Ogundele
Founder and lead partner of Sujimoto Group of Companies/Chief Executive Officer of Sujimoto Construction, a real estate development firm, Siji is one man to watch, With its flagship development in Lagos known as the Medici by Sujimoto on Milverton Road, Ikoyi to the upcoming Lorenzo by Sujimoto on Bourdillon in Ikoyi, the company has shown that it is force to reckon with as far as luxury real estate development is concerned in Nigeria.

21.Adeyinka Adesope
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Paulton Morgan Real Estate Investment Limited/Managing Director/ CEO of Propertymart limited. Under his tenure MD/CEO Property mart.

22.Richard Nyong
Although the company he heads, Lekki Gardens currently has legal upheavals as a result of a building collapse incident that caused the death of over thirty persons, Richard Nyong the CEO of the company is still a force to reckon with considering the portfolio of properties and real estate developments as his disposal. The company until the sad incident has delivered more than 2,000 housing units across the country with a promise to deliver more than 10, 000 units in the next four years.

23.Hakeem Ogunniran - Managing Director of the UPDC
Some of the mega developments of the company include: 1004 Estate in Victoria Island, Festival Mall and the Golden Tulip Hotel both in Festac, Cameroon Green Estate in Ikoyi amongst others. The company today has some of the largest and most luxurious real estate projects in Abuja.

http://ekocitymagazine.com/blog/2016/06/27/find-top-30-real-estate-developers-lagos/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by globemoney: 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2017
menace1:
if u want referendum go nd ask ur representative to push for that.ambode just made Yoruba compulsory in lagos nd this is just the beginning.we would frustrate u miserable slaves out of lagos nd south west.if u guys are serious about secession u would beg ur representative nd not begging us like slaves u are
Ambode a loafer from Ondo State can make Yoruba compulsory, it’s allowed, one day, an Igbo governor in Lagos will also make Igbo language compulsory

1 Like

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by menace1: 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
ODVanguard:

Yinmu. You are a jobless lout. Most people have stopped taking you lots seriously anymore coz you are nothing more than empty chestbeaters. A yoruba lady I am close to recently helped one of your sisters to rent a house in her name in the same Lagos after The REAL Lagos landlords refused to rent to her. How she was unable to locate these elusive igbo lagos landlords to rent to her remains a mystery.

they are very pathetic,my grandpa has a 5 story building in lagos,its only the igbo tenant dat av refuse to pay for a year nw nd they are still claiming right.they av been asked to leave already nd the bastard is begging dat he has no where to go.
igbos are so pathetic nd shameless

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by menace1: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
globemoney:

Ambode a loafer from Ondo State can make Yoruba compulsory, it’s allowed, one day, an Igbo governor in Lagos will also make Igbo language compulsory
hahah u can keep dreaming,next an ekiti man or ogun will rule lagos nd we would keep passing it.u igbos are meant to be slaves nd dats how ww would treat u guys.seems u don't follow politics in lagos (i av an uncle ib house of assembly)igbos that are in the aux are losing their sit nd this is just the beginning.i won't tell u more than this,but av u ever thought about the aux demolitions in lagos nd why it affects igbos most.
i wont tell u shiit but trust me i av people with real Intel in apc caucus�

5 Likes

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by totit: 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
Loool.
Ibo landlord indeed una be tenants abeg grin grin
Hahahahaha

Why Do Some Lagos Landlords Avoid Igbo Tenants?
Posted by: Lekan Olofinji in Articles, Real Estate April 5, 2017 1 Comment

Residential segregation by ethnicity has become a common trend with Lagos Landlords, especially if the tenant is from the eastern part of Nigeria. In this article we analyse the circumstances that has led to this seeming bias.

In Nigeria, having enough money to pay for the type of apartment you wish to rent for a period of time isn’t enough to secure you a decent rented apartment. So many other factors are considered such as age, gender, occupation, ethnicity, status, and so on. We will be turning our searchlights to the issue of housing discrimination based on ethnicity
The fact that some landlords, especially those of the Oduduwa lineage do not accept Igbos into their residential rental property cannot be attributed to one reason. In fact it looks like, a complex set of causes contribute to this observed bias in tenancy.
Housing discrimination based on ethnicity has always been an important contributor to segregation and brings to the fore the division along ethnic lines within the country. However, should such discrimination be condoned? Why is there so much bias towards the Igbo race when it comes to renting apartments within the Lagos metropolis? It might be rather difficult to quantify the extent of housing discrimination as regards ethnicity, albeit it will be foolhardy to pretend it doesn’t exist.
With a population of over 21 million people, Lagos has become home to all. The population of Igbos in the city of excellence even threatens the population of the original inhabitants of Lagos, and that is why the former could come out in broad daylight to announce to all and sundry that Lagos had become “No Man’s Land“. Could the discrimination have risen from the pomposity the average Igbo man exudes?
Lagos is unarguably Nigeria’s most ethnically diverse city and therefore discrimination based on ethnicity should be frowned at with all vigour. Some landlords don’t even mince words when admitting tenants into their property, they would explicitly tell a prospective Igbo tenant that they don’t want neither him or his kinsmen in their property because according to them, their wahala is too much.
Hence, asides the pomposity some persons think the average Igbo man exudes, another school of thought suggests it is basically because they are trouble shooters? But are we sure this is not just about sentiments? Don’t the Yorubas have the tendency of constituting nuisances too? What about the Warri people, no be them find trouble pass? Oh, I forgot, some landlords in Lagos don’t even know the difference. As long as you don’t bear a Yoruba name then automatically you are Igbo.
An Urhobo man once challenged his Landlord for insinuating he was Igbo, and so could not admit him into his residential rental property. Even when he tried to correct the notion that he is an Urhobo man from Delta state and not an Igbo man, the man still asked; Ogbeni, what’s the difference? Delta and Igbo all no be Biafra ni?
Ignorance you would say? For a typical Yoruba Landlord, as long as you are not a descendant of Oduduwa, then you are either an Igbo man or an Hausa man, shekina!
In view of the aforementioned scenario, it is no longer hearsay nor is it a hidden fact that some Lagos Landlords simply do not admit Igbos into their property due to ugly experiences they’ve had with them in the past and other reasons best known to the erring Landlords. But does that absolve the landlords of guilt?
Some Landlords would rather admit a Cameroonian, Ghanaian, Indian, Chinese and even a Syrian into their property than admit an Igbo man, it’s that bad.  And I ask, is there more to this than meets the eye?
The situation has become so critical that some agents would tell their Igbo client to use a pseudo name which has to be Yoruba and subsequently go on to adopt a fake state of origin that has to be Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara and even Lagos state when interacting with the Landlord of the property they wish to rent. Even within the listed south-western states there is discrimination if you are from a state that the landlord feels has the tendency of making trouble. Yes! It’s that bad. So would you deny your heritage just to rent an apartment?
Before I moved into my present apartment, the Landlady was a bit alarmed when I told her I’m from Ondo state, simply because it is believed that Ondo people can be stubborn and strong-headed. You can imagine! That not withstanding, the fact that I am Yoruba regardless of the fallacy associated with my state of origin meant I was still safe. I don’t think that would have happened if I was Igbo.
Bottom line: No matter the ugly experiences Lagos Landlords have had with tenants from other tribes, have they been the best of landlords? This is not just about the tenants from other tribes at the receiving end, the Landlords who think the average Igbo tenant is a trouble shooter, too pompous or owes rent for years without any iota of remorse should also search inwards to see what they are doing wrongly that seem to bring out such traits from tenants of Igbo extraction. If afterwards all fingers still point to the Igbo tenant, then all I can say is; water don pass garri.
Have your say…

grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by AntiWailer: 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
nwabobo:

The fact is that England acknowledges that foreigners develop London and go about trying to woo more foreign investors and talent. They don't tell them "go back to your village"

When you say Fact. You cite your reference.

Fact is not randomly generated in a big head.

Your analogy is faulty, I cnt remember Portugal claiming they developed England because Mourinho and C Ronaldo once pay tax there.

So compare apple for apple.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proof That Ndigbo Develop Lagos - The Nation by wristbangle: 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
Not again!! Another Lagos thread? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gov Udom Emmanuel Secures Final Approval For Ibom Deep Seaport / Nigeria Air To Get Air Transport License Today / Ekiti Knowledge Zone Gets Free Trade Status Approval From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.