Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? (26272 Views)

UNIUYO: Lecturer Punishes Students For Making Noise In Philosophy Class (photos) / Professor Sophie Oluwole Is Dead (First Nigerian Female Phd Holder In Philosophy / What Can One Do For Masters After A Degree In Philosophy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by bigpicture001: 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
does it mean that tryout ur 4 years of skl that u cnt really define wot u can do with a course u read hard to earn a Hy g.p?
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by BeReaSonAble(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
speak English
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by ottohan: 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
BeReaSonAble:
philosopfy
Alariiwo:
You'll open a poultry farm and manage it.
Edu3Again:
d
ejosh4:
promisechild:
Hi
aaronson:
T
una weldone
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by origima: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
Go ahead with the course cos every door could be a link to opportunities
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by 360command: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
Continue dude. It is not what you read in school that matters but how to use your head in generating money..

Invest in asset, that asset generates revenue.. Build on it and you become like dangote...

Don't think of getting a job, think of creating a job.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by IamProdigy: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
eleojo23:
Don't worry OP, you will work with Socrates.

Hahaha....guy u no well ooh

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Mmadu111: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
Samswags9:
I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY At OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY. I Actually Opted For Law But I Was Offered Philosophy.

I Have Little Or No Idea About Philosophy, Having Searched Google But all I saw was,
being a Lecturer Or working at one Local Government.

Pls where and
what can I work as With a Philosophy Degree

Please Help Me Push This To Front Page

While in 100L studying it, I still advise you to retake jamb for your dream course, it's not funny out there in the labor market. Just study a course that will give you easy chance to build a career after school. English language as a course is more better compare to Philosophy. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Jimmy231: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
selling skuchies
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by olumidejosh: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
mrehn..i have to be honest with you..all i can say for now is ..The Lord is your Strength
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by djbussy(m): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2017
Civil Service,journalism, law, social services,business, education,IT, citizens’ advice

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by IamProdigy: 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2017
eleojo23:

Hahaha...guy u no well
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by LordIsaac(m): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2017
No one has the right to edit your destiny besides you....I'll advise you take another Jamb. We have too many worthless certificates out there; don't join the train.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by MrBigiman: 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2017
Argue politics at Ojota bustop newspaper stand.

6 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Mrkumareze(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
Wow, enjoy your course bro. At your old age you can easily deceive your fellow elders with good philosophical lies an they 'll all respect you.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Nuezha(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
Samswags9:
I just got admitted to study PHILOSOPHY At OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY. I Actually Opted For Law But I Was Offered Philosophy.

I Have Little Or No Idea About Philosophy, Having Searched Google But all I saw was,

Pls where and

Counselor
Detective
Author
Motivator
Atheist (I pray not)
Speech Writer
Reader
Activist
Historian
Political Activist

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by handsomebanana(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
bigpicture001:
does it mean that tryout ur 4 years of skl that u cnt really define wot u can do with a course u read hard to earn a Hy g.p?

Mumu wey nor sabi read

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by MaryBenn(f): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
eleojo23:

grin grin grin grin you're wicked

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
grin

You can pray with it.
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by TheMainMan: 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
see comments... someone cannot ask for advice in peace again

and u begin to wonder if ds guys are literates undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by MaziOmenuko: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
Some courses we offer in this country should just be scrapped. How can one study Philosophy single honors in this country?

Nuezha:

Counselor
Detective
Author
Motivator
Atheist (I pray not)
Speech Writer
Reader
Activist
Historian
Political Activist

There's a difference between Philosophy and Psychology.

Op, do your 4 yrs with good grades, do a professional certification in Human Resource (HR). Cost over 300k to pass the exams then you can start applying as HR person when there's an opening.

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Samswags9(m): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
djbussy:
Civil Service,journalism, law, social services,business, education,IT, citizens’ advice

Expantiate This Please
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Xerox01(m): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
Samswags9:

Pls where and

what a crazy forum Nairaland is now. Bro direct this question to *Quora* you'll get reasonable answers and suggestions. I sincerely don't know what philosophy is about

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
Philosophizes about bet9ja odds grin

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by MrLatin1: 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
Chai... just buy a thinking cap after graduating
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Zinny25(f): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
You can go ahead and study it just be serious so u can make a good grade. I have a friend who studied philosophy and he's working presently in an oil servicing company

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Deo1986(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
KingLennon:
You can work as a Verterinary Doctor with the certificate. Shey we be google? grin
lols you no get joy.
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by TheHistorian(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
grin
Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by Jeel: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
Philosophers are idealist. They seek to profer solutions to difficult questions of life.

Wole Soyinka is a philosopher. Most great minds are directly or indirectly philosophers.

Every academic field has philosophers. Most of the things you study in the university were postulated by philosophers of old.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by MaziOmenuko: 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
Zinny25:
You can go ahead and study it just be serious so u can make a good grade. I have a friend who studied philosophy and he's working presently in an oil servicing company

Is it palm oil, vegetable oil, engine oil or ororo?

We need specifics.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? by ofuonyebi: 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
you can learn computer to join or tailoring....philosophy is not a certificate you should sleep with and close ur eyes...oooo

you must learn a hand work ....to back up whatever you read now....because govt.& private coy salary...don dey fail...oo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Islamic Senior High School Students Dancing & Having Fun In Ghana / What Is The Correct English Word For ''longathroat'' / Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi(U.A.M)2015/2016 >2016/2017 Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.