Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls (31536 Views)

Reno Omokri Apologizes To Toyin Saraki For Comparing Her With Queen Elizabeth / Why Buhari Hurriedly Sacked Onnoghen, CJN - Punch / Father Mbaka Apologizes To Peter Obi Publicly, Begs For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by flyca: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Lol
They were buried in beautiful caskets.

The ones that died in the North last week were tied in white clothes.

#FreeItaly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Erums(m): 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Italy and nigeria, whts the different... All italia cities na naija get am
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Why should they apologise? The news of the women's demise was all over social media long before the funeral. But what did the Nigerian government do about it? Nothing. Italy could have chosen to do nothing but instead they gave them an honourable burial. It's the Nigerian government who should be apologising for their incompetence. Who would risk dying at sea if the situation at home was conducive?
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by 1miccza: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
dukie25:
Big big lie.
Miss Balogun asked them to show transcripts of the conversation since yesterday, still waiting for proof.

Thanks for showing your investigative spirit jare.. Most people just jump into any thread and post comments, this government clearly has some paid agents on sites like Nairaland whose job is to disseminate unconfirmed reports, not just the government, celebrities, politicians etc, a learned person would go to Tutu and Abike Dabiri's page and follow their exchange.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by zoedew: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
Sailors are, generally speaking, hmmmm. Especially when you are on a ship uninvited and unlawfully! #LongJohnSilverThings
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by chigoziem10(f): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
gidgiddy:
To be fair, I dont think the Italians should be apologising to Nigeria for buriying the girls.

Its not lile Nigeria would have gone to the sea where the girls drowned to retrieve the bodies if the Italians had not done so
same thing on my mind, even the burial given to them was like queens' burial
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by sirfee(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
Kalapizim:
why the rush to bury them? me thinks the Italian government is hiding something considering the circumstances surrounding their death. Their bodies were found on a Spanish warship, how were they determined to be Nigerians.
The natural thing to do was to conduct an autopsy.
I'm suspecting foul play,there's more to this story than meet the eye.Moreover Italians are racists,most of them are against African migration.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Martin0(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2017
gypsey:
Unfortunately nigerian government do not care, they don't care about the living let alone the dead.

Exactly nigeria government don't care at allgringringrin
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Martin0(m): 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2017
gypsey:
Unfortunately nigerian government do not care, they don't care about the living let alone the dead.

If not for my father maybe dem for roast my cousin for china...

Nigeria government are scarm any word to call I will use don't care for anybody
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Diso60090(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
Safe journey next time if una see ri before ver join am run for your life
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by nengibo: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
Rip to the bene girls
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Martin0(m): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
gypsey:
conduct an autopsy? on drowned bodies? and who will pay for it? those bodies would have decomposed in few days, were are the bodies going to be kept while the autopsy takes place?

The bodies ?dem for keep am for morgue na...
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by asawanathegreat(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
our Government don even 4get the issue self because their relatives no dey among them. RIP to them
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by PuntforPride(m): 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
They apologized because the burial was earlier than planned. They gave Nigeria a date and the burial was done on another date so the Nigerian government could not get a delegate there.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
[s]
Mynd44:

They appologized because the burial was earlier than planned. They gave Nigeria a date and the burial was done on another date so the Nigerian government could not get a delegate there
[/s]

Apology without a press statement. But word from the same Abike Dabiri that has been under fire for insensitivity in the girls deaths. Apc and lies eehn

I guess they apologized via whatsapp.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Elfaris(m): 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
olajay86:
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/11/italy-apologizes-to-nigerian-government.html

The Italian Embassy in Nigeria has apologized to the Federal Government, over the burial of 26 girls who died on the Mediterranean Sea.

This was confirmed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs, Abike Dabiri-Erewa.

“The Italian Embassy has apologised for the mix up for dates in the burial of the victims of the Mediterranean tragedy. NAPTIP and other agencies will continue to work with Italy and others to stem the tide of irregular migration,” she wrote in a tweet.

The Italian authorities were accused of burying the 26 girls earlier than scheduled.

The bodies of the girls were found on a sinking vessel about two weeks ago.

Reports suggested that they may have been sexually abused before they were murdered.
This is so sad. This migrant crisis really needs to be tackled head on.
U can also read d thrilling story of a guy who leaves home in search of greener pastures in Europe but end up in war-torn Syria instead. Read 'The Journey' here:
http://typicalstori..co.ke/2017/11/the-journey-episode1.html?m=1
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by onadana: 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
gidgiddy:
To be fair, I dont think the Italians should be apologising to Nigeria for buriying the girls.

Its not lile Nigeria would have gone to the sea where the girls drowned to retrieve the bodies if the Italians had not done so

I wonder ooo
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by TEYA: 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
Isokowadoo:
Did I hear apologize ?

To a Fg That Neva sympathized With parents of d dead girls?

To an in sensitive Dullard led government, That's Absurb. Truth be, d Girls Wudnt v been retrieved from d high Sea by Fg.

U wud av seen #45Million spent to Bury Nigerian Girls etc
You sure say craze no dey worry you? Na Buhari send them make dem go do ashawo work for Italy? Bloody prostitutes!
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Lirqur: 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
Mynd44:

They appologized because the burial was earlier than planned. They gave Nigeria a date and the burial was done on another date so the Nigerian government could not get a delegate there

They did it on purpose just to shade us about how much we don't care about our own.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by kenchizzy(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
undecided AND what if una no apologies? then we go do wetin... abegi we 4 don spend 500ml for both d transport of bubu and the arrival of the girls b4 we go bury them 4 #50ml each... kontinu b4 lai go kom dei vex upandan
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
gidgiddy:

spot on
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Chukazu: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
Isokowadoo:
Did I hear apologize ?

To a Fg That Neva sympathized With parents of d dead girls?

To an in sensitive Dullard led government, That's Absurb. Truth be, d Girls Wudnt v been retrieved from d high Sea by Fg.

U wud av seen #45Million spent to Bury Nigerian Girls etc

now the shameless government is trying hard to make name for itself untop Dead body.?

as we speak there's a news of West Africans , majorly Nigerians been auctioned off as slaves in Libya...the BUKINA FASSO government has already recalled her ambassador to Libya in protest and Nigerian government has done absolutely nothing since the news broke out.

Oyibo dey ask our government ...our mumu government. cry undecided

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by kaydp: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
NigerDeltan:
If you even ask the dead, they will prefer to be buried there
cheesy this one weak me. At least their corpses would be safe from ritualists.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by bigtt76(f): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
...Or fly a chartered plane to bring back the bodies or bury them angry They're just shouting upandan

gidgiddy:

Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Chukazu: 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
sirfee:
I'm suspecting foul play,there's more to this story than meet the eye.Moreover Italians are racists,most of them are against African migration.

and do you ever think of the enormous financial burden that Italy has to bear every single day to take care of African migrants arriving on their shores with no end in sight.
Italian economy has been on recession for the past twenty years and our black brothers are still adding to the problem.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Litmus: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
Some of the comments... angry

Look, let's be honest, Nigeria would advance overnight if government could terminate half the population and bulldoze the carcases into gigantic landfills,starting with dumb looking people such as go about with black faces and open mouths, those that post macabre stuff online such as dead bodies, Ivorians eating reptiles and pics of obease women described as beautiful. Then, in one fell swoop, revoke the citizenship of those living abroad that call themselves Nigerians or from tribes of the area Nigeria. Let them reapply, should they wish, at a cost of £/$25,000. Deport all foreigners starting first with Indians. Get rid of all of foreign NGO's. Get rid of Human Rights people. Mine the borders one mile deep. At once, register all births and Deaths. From first day at primary school,make kids recite, 'I am not African, I am Nigerian.
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by cooltola(m): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
5646446649/
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by Asazwalingwa: 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
Why being apologetic, as if they care.
So sorry for the dead, at least they got European burials.
OVER AND OUT!
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by BGGW: 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
Why apologizing ...shei buhari go chop those dead body niii
Abi them wan bury them for aso rock
Or them wan see there faces so them go fit make statue for them.... shocked
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by ModsWillKillNL: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
Apology rejected..Dig there bodies out and send them back home for proper burial..SIMPLE angry

Were the girls forced to take the life/death trip?
Re: Italy Apologizes To Nigerian Government For Hurriedly Burying 26 Girls by ooshinibos: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
fake news , how did they know they were Nigerians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Wike At Ogoniland Clean-Up Launch. Guess What VP Was Telling Wike / Buhari's Top 10 (PHOTOS) / Buhari Meets Bisi Akande, Aregbesola & Senator Adeyeye At The Presidential Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.