Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Who has been to France, precisely Paris? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who has been to France, precisely Paris? (5127 Views)

Who Says Naija Cannot Be Transformed? See Saudi Arabia (Mecca Precisely) In 1953 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Short Vacation To France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by allonym: 12:06am On Mar 18, 2006
nferyn:

What exactly is an inseptical neophyte?

I know what a neophyte is - a newbie. . someone who is being initiated into some group, forum, etc.

I have no idea what inseptical means. . .
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Hunter(m): 5:57am On Mar 18, 2006
I've been to Paris and loved it,

You hear all the time that people in Paris are very rude but I didn't find that at all (though I did see it happen to some American's but they deserved it, basically expecting everyone to speak english to them and where abusive when they didn't)

Very nice place but wouldn't want to live there (too expensive!)

Euro Disney was a good day out also (don't know what it was about me but I was always being called to the front of queue's cheesy)
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Badman888(m): 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2006
yea Paris is a nice place
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by loriann(f): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2006
TOPIC BACK:i will really love to go to paris its a dream i must accomplish.like the song paris holds the key to ur heart.i love their stuff and affection, i love french pple because they r very romantic smiley cheesy i just love them
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Jalal(m): 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2006
Cool i schooled in Paris for 3 yrs. Paris is a great city and Parisians (i didnt say French) are great charming and kind people. There are a great many places to see and visit.
Paris might be expensive but there are places for everything that anyone can afford depending on da size of ur pocket.

Paris, la cite de mes reves!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by eveseh(f): 5:11pm On May 08, 2006
i have been there,nice place
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by darlingbas(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2006
i've been to at least 8 cities in france
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by LondonCool(m): 3:20am On Apr 14, 2007
English people are pompous, they will never allow French Authority to be at Waterloo but ironically there is UK post at Paris Nord.Note French immigration officers are always uniformed, hardly speak in english.
Lets go back to the topic jare. 

The British/French Govts operate what they call Juxtapose Border controls whereby UK Immigration officers check all Rail/Sea Port entries into UK from France and the French Immigration officers check the same routes (that includes Waterloo )into France from UK.

Who said that French immigration officers don't speak English ? The average French immigration officer speaks at least an additional language, thats why they get paid langauage allowances in addtion to their salary,the same applies too to UK immigration officers
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by babasin(m): 8:33am On Apr 14, 2007
Paris is a city on the edge;

spirogry every where in their train-station

blackman selling belts on the street just like Lagos

the african section just like Mushin

Romatic in the night though.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Constantin: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2007
N'importe ce que vous les gens dites, la France est mes meres debarquent toujours, je veux voir que vous peuple Goliath maintenant, je suis ne a Paris et Paris est toujours le meilleur endroit que j'ai jamais ete a dans la vie. Donnez vos commentaires en francais svp

I will only receive opinions or question posted in francais

Salut, ton francais est vraiment truffé de fautes, moi je parle francais parce que j´ai vécu à Abidjan (l´ancienne capitale de la Côte d´ivoire) pour quelques années. Mais ton francais c´est de la honte, je te conseille de retourner à l´école pour l´apprendre mieux ou demande à ta mère qui est Francaise de le parler plus avec toi! wink
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ivgotfleas(m): 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2007
eff Paris. There is not a single city in the WORLD that can compete head to head with Dubai. In 10 years Dubai will surpass cities like NYC and Paris in EVERYTHING! This city is very fresh and with all the money pouring in, the skyline will be one of if not the biggest in the world. Let's put things in persepective first:

Construction for Al Burj begins in June. Height was projected at 1600 meters but I'm not sure how tall it will be, either way, it will be the world's tallest, surpassing Burj Dubai which isn't even complete yet!!!!!! lol
And I thought this was a REALLY cool pic! It shows The Palm and Burj Al Arab Hotel.

Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ivgotfleas(m): 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2007
Lets take a look at the apartments and waterfronts:

Underwater hotel

Sports City

Gold Dome

Indoor Skiing ( IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT!!!!)

Dubai is by far the hottest city in the history of the world
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ivgotfleas(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2007
Check this chiiit out

Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ivgotfleas(m): 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2007
Heres a view of The Palm w/ the waterfront Skyline.

What's really cool about Dubai, UAE is the fact that it contains 15% of the world's tower cranes.

If any of you are interested in dinosaurs, they are currently building a theme park called "Dubailand" and it has real life size dinosaurs that will roam the park! Fvckn awesome!
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by sima(f): 5:20am On Sep 23, 2008
i live in france. . . i shop @ paris
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2008
bienvenue .
paris is cool.
nous les parisien.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by kokorunna(m): 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2008
I have been to Paris, very expensive.

Travelled via plane and train (eurostar)

For shopping I went to Republican, not too sure about the spelling.

But will never live in france, I rather live in Naija.

www.moneysaversforum.com grin
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2008
u mean metro station la republique. linge 8, 3 and 7.
paris is a nice place to live .so chic.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by landis(m): 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2008
Paris is easily the most romantic city in Europe.

It is charming, chic and with world famous restuarants:

L' Arpège

L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon

Pierre Gagnaire

Alain Ducasse

grin cheesy grin
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by sandras: 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2008
i love the lord's chosen charismatic revival ministries. what god is using that man of god (pastor lazarus muoka) to do is misterious.god is indeed the god of the chosen. why pastor lazarus muoka is pulling crowd is because of the holiness he preaches. and god was with him. if anyone cares, let him or her visit the lord's chosen and find what i am saying. a trial will convince you. god bless us.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by AjanleKoko: 8:29am On Apr 07, 2009
I spent my honeymoon in Paris in '07, and was there again in February '09, passing through on my way to Barcelona. Spent a night.
We stayed at the Berne Opera in the 8th Arrondissment, not far from the Opera and the Galleries Lafayette (Hausmann Boulevard).
Visited everywhere basically, including the Eiffel, Champs Elysees, the Louvre, Notre Dame, and Euro Disney. There is one ride at that EuroDisney that can give you a heart attack!! The space rocket thingy.
Paris is a cool city, not so expensive, comparable with most of the Eurozone. Shopped at la Valle Village, one stop before Eurodisney. Wasn't too bad, really.
We plan to visit again for a second honeymoon sometime in the future.
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by 3sha4lyf: 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2009
AjanleKoko:

I spent my honeymoon in Paris in '07, and was there again in February '09, passing through on my way to Barcelona. Spent a night.
We stayed at the Berne Opera in the 8th Arrondissment, not far from the Opera and the Galleries Lafayette (Hausmann Boulevard).
Visited everywhere basically, including the Eiffel, Champs Elysees, the Louvre, Notre Dame, and Euro Disney. There is one ride at that EuroDisney that can give you a heart attack!! The space rocket thingy.
Paris is a cool city, not so expensive, comparable with most of the Eurozone. Shopped at la Valle Village, one stop before Eurodisney. Wasn't too bad, really.
We plan to visit again for a second honeymoon sometime in the future.

you can say that again, Paris na second Heaven, its a cool place especially if you know how to speak french, romance was born in Paris, i plan to even go there in three weeks time. I advice anyone to,
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by cedarfresh(m): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2009
@thelastdon,
Monsieur Paris, Avant de demander les reponses en francais,il faut que tu apprenne la langue parfaitement!
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by ceasyc(f): 7:46am On Sep 25, 2010
been to paris 2x (2000 & 2005) = twas fun. i always stay very close to d eiffel tower

car almost jam me oh if not 4 my friend dat held me back = wot had happened was me thinking that zebra crossing 4 uk n paris na d same. u no wen u stand next to d zebra crossing or u step on it, cars or vehicles stop 4 u to pass in d uk but in paris i didnt no that u have to wait 4 d light to turn green @d zebra crossing 4 ppl 2 cross d road.

anyhoo, i'll post sum pics of me @disneyland n pic i took of d eiffel towel with my digi cam wen i was on d train = on a l8r date
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by AjanleKoko: 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2010
I spent my honeymoon in Paris, in '07. We stayed in a small hotel very close to the Arc De Triomphe - Charles De Gaulle Etoile, metro stop Rome (Rue de Rome). A stroll to the Champs Elysses. Heavenly, man!
Was a short walk to the Opera and Hausmann Boulevard, home of the Galleries Lafayette. Trust Madam, we damaged lots of euros in that mall grin

Visited just about everywhere there was to visit in Paris, except the old Bastille. Was at the Louvre (we spent a whole day there), the Musee D'Orsay, La Defense, the Natural History Museum (I forget the name now, but it's very close to Gare Du Nord), Eiffel Tower twice, La Defense, and of course Eurodisney and that designer village just before EuroDisney, La Vallee Village.

Was an awesome experience for me and the missus cool
Re: Who has been to France, precisely Paris? by AjanleKoko: 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2010
^^ aww, I already posted on this topic before this one, sorry guys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Releases Road Use Manual For The Physically Challenged / How To Get To Jakande Gate From Ipaja / Can The Embassy Arrest Me For A Fake Document?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.