Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,624 members, 7,770,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:44 PM

Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? (2621 Views)

Woman Attempts Suicide Twice Because Her Lover Married Another Lady / Married Woman Stuck With Her Lover In Enugu Hours After Sex / HELP! How Do I Help Her Overcome This Feeling. (please Come In) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by davidchidi: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2010
i think it is good because the man may not be financially okay to bear the whole expenses.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by DivineR: 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
I don't think is wise for a woman to pay her bride price thats a man's responsibility. If a woman tries that the man will not value the woman, if he doesnt hv he should try to pay that even if is to borrow, is paid once not twice, This is Naija

but in preparation the woman can come in.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by r231(m): 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2010
davidchidi:

i think it is good because the man may not be financially okay to bear the whole expenses.

technically you are BROKE cheesy
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Nautillus(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
r231:

technically you are BROKE cheesy

grin grin grin LWKMD
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by socro: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
it is good as far as she love his guy.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by edoyad(m): 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2010
Let her not pay it and see . She will grow all kinds of white grey hair waiting for me in father's house, nonsense . Hisssssss !
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by dayokanu(m): 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2010
Some families that demand the equivalent of a state budget for brideprice nko?

So the groom should save for 30yrs to pay by that time the bride would be menopausal
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by MissyB1(m): 8:47pm On Mar 26, 2010
Lai Lai!!
If the only option is stealing . . .He should.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Pweety4me(f): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2010
@OP na dat's fraud. . . cheesy tongue
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by ayettymama(f): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2010
no

it is mad disrespectful for u to even suggest that!!

take that away from ur hed!!

if u canno0t afford the bride price just get married in the nearest registry

with a 'small' amt of family members

u dont need to do the full trad until u can afford it
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by omega25red(m): 9:22pm On Mar 26, 2010
how much or what is considered a bride price today anyway.
for someone who got married recently what did you have to pay?
was it money food cloths how much did you spend in total
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by ayettymama(f): 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2010
^^ it depends

its a more traditional thing so im guessin if u dont do trad or go to the village u wont need to pay

my parents had to dish out almost 100k wen my uncle was gettin married IN KOGI

i was dazed!!! GREEDY PIGS

im not sure if its cos we are 'special' or if its the norm!
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by H2O2: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2010
So we're still buying wives like they're properties?

No wonder they're treated this way.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by H2O2: 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2010
Good to see there's still a large amount of women waiting HAPPILY and EXCITEDLY to be bought.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Sauron1: 9:40pm On Mar 26, 2010
H2O2:

So we're still buying wives like they're properties?

No wonder they're treated this way.

Of course.
With a Mastercard or a Visa card, you can get whatever you want.
Short, tall, fat, slim. grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2010
What's the purpose of the bride price again?
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by chic2pimp(m): 9:45pm On Mar 26, 2010
In this day and age peeps still see women as commodity undecided *Shakes His Head*
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Sauron1: 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

What's the purpose of the bride price again?

Paying to change a woman's last name. grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by ayettymama(f): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2010
^^ its not commodity

its tradition

certain things are done when certain things are done
u give gifts to people to show u appreciate them dont u??
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 9:53pm On Mar 26, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ its not commodity

its tradition

You give gifts freely not because it's customary.

~Sauron~:

Paying to change a woman's last name. grin

lol I'm serious.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by chic2pimp(m): 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ its not commodity

its tradition

That's what we keep saying. 'Tradition, Tradition, Tradition'

Most times it has less to do with tradition and more to do with the greediness of Inlaws.
Some peeps 'Bride Price' list are just Insane shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 9:56pm On Mar 26, 2010
chic2pimp:

That's what we keep saying. 'Tradition, Tradition, Tradition'

Most times it has less to do with tradition and more to do with the greediness of Inlaws.
Some peeps 'Bride Price' list are just Insane shocked shocked shocked

Exactly! I mean killing twins was once tradition too and that didn't make it right.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by chic2pimp(m): 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

Exactly! I mean killing twins was once tradition too and that didn't make it right.
Me sef tire oooo undecided
I think using the term 'Tradition' is just a facade.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Sauron1: 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

lol I'm serious.

It's a way of showing the groom values the bride.
They will set a certain price, make him prostrate(Yoruba Tradition) and go through a lot of "military drill" before handing the bride over to him.
I dunno how that is expected to stop the divorce rate/infidelity in marriage but they believe in it anywayz.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

It's a way of showing a man values the bride.
They will set a certain price, make him prostrate(Yoruba Tradition) and go through a lot of "military drill" before handing the bride over to him.
I dunno how that is expected to stop the divorce rate/infidelity in marriage but they believe in it anywayz.

ROFL!!! You know what, I kinda like that lol. Can you make him sleep in the bushes or something?
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by bawomolo(m): 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2010
why not just avoid the whole bride price?

would a one dollar hallmark card be considered a gift? cheap and still fulfilling tradition grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by H2O2: 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2010
Lol.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Sauron1: 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

ROFL!!! You know what, I kinda like that lol. Can you make him sleep in the bushes or something?

No sleeping in the bush.
But frog jumps, marching and running on the spot are all standard practises.

I am a lucky geezer. I am marrying a Calabar babe in December and her father said i could turn up with a bottle of Whiskey.
He wants nothing else. grin
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

I am a lucky geezer. I am marrying a Calabar babe in December and her father said i could turn up with a bottle of Whiskey.
He wants nothing else. grin

Boo! You have to marry a Yoruba person lol.

Does the bride get to pick the tasks or just the rest of the family?
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Sauron1: 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2010
Diva 2.0:

Boo! You have to marry a Yoruba person lol.

Does the bride get to pick the tasks or just the rest of the family?

Yoruba person? Unless she's directly related to Harry Akande. grin
The bride has no say in the tasks. It's the elders of the family and the MC that map out em rigorous tasks.
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by Diva20(f): 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

Yoruba person? Unless she's directly related to Harry Akande. grin
The bride has no say in the tasks. It's the elders of the family and the MC that map out em rigorous tasks.

That sucks!
Re: Is It Good For A Woman To Pay Her Bride Price To Help Her Lover? by follypimpi(m): 10:22pm On Mar 26, 2010
Funny how some ladies remember tradition when it comes to bride price.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? / He's Girlfriend Bedwets, Please Advice! / Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.