Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions (697 Views)

6 Types Of Members You Find In The Church / Pastor Citronnelli Delivers Lady From MouthAction Demon. See Reactions / Daddy Freeze Receives Gifts From His Online Church Members. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by Drinokrane: 2:25am On Nov 29, 2017
Yesterday, twitter user, @TayeOlusola, tweeted that churches would hold fund raising events to build infrastructures such as Toilets but when it comes to the welfare of their members, they would ask them to go and pray.

But he didn't the support he was hoping for as Nigerian twitter users rose up in defense of the churches in Nigeria. Some of them went as far as sharing the good deeds their churches have done for their family members and their communities.

See Below;

http://www.torimill.com/2017/11/guy-claimed-churches-give-more-to-build.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by Drinokrane: 2:26am On Nov 29, 2017

Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by forreelinc(m): 2:32am On Nov 29, 2017
sad that is so not romantic
Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by Chicagoesontop: 2:37am On Nov 29, 2017
This Lady is Right.

Well i must say as a Christian no amount of misconduct in the church can make me renounce my Faith in Christ ..

For example one Sunday like that, as a street boy i no get food to eat at home after service, i dey H baad, i met one lady in her Range Rover 2017 model eating fried rice and Chicken from Eddies Burger package, i approached her and was trying to make her understand that am truly hungry, before i can open my mouth and say good dey ma please ...... she rolled her glass up and didn't mind me again. This alone made me to go home and lay my tummy on the floor and slept off without eating anything that day.

The next Sunday the pastor called on People who wants to donate $10.000 to the church for their new church building, i was surprised the same woman who can't even gave me 100 for bread and pure water was the 1st person to come out and collect an envelop to donate $10 grand ..

I just shook my head because i won't deny my faith ...

1 Like

Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by doyinisaac(m): 4:00am On Nov 29, 2017
Chicagoesontop:
This Lady is Right.

Well i must say as a Christian no amount of misconduct in the church can make me renounce my Faith in Christ ..

For example one Sunday like that, as a street boy i no get food to eat at home after service, i dey H baad, i met one lady in her Range Rover 2017 model eating fried rice and Chicken from Eddies Burger package, i approached her and was trying to make her understand that am truly hungry, before i can open my mouth and say good dey ma please ...... she rolled her glass up and didn't mind me again. This alone made me to go home and lay my tummy on the floor and slept off without eating anything that day.

The next Sunday the pastor called on People who wants to donate $10.000 to the church for their new church building, i was surprised the same woman who can't even gave me 100 for bread and pure water was the 1st person to come out and collect an envelop to donate $10 grand ..

oniro

2 Likes

Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 29, 2017
A lot of people just want to trend and become popular using the church because it is filled with grace,forgiveness and glory, try it with Islam and see Ur head on the spike

1 Like

Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 29, 2017
Chicagoesontop:
This Lady is Right.

You must have learnt this from your father the devil, the father of lies
Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by hopefulLandlord: 6:21am On Nov 29, 2017
okay
Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by zionmde: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2017
This have just made my morning
Only those who know nothing about the church will keep blabbing rubbish. Almost every church service is giving for one humanitarian project or another. Yet people who eat all the money they earn will come out to display gross stupidity as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by petra1(m): 8:06am On Nov 29, 2017
Why is the devil attacking the church from every side ? Is the church welfare organisation? The Bible says people should work .

The church primary work is to win the lost . Many people these days go from church to church begging for money . A whole compete human being will not go and look for work ?

2 Thessalonians 3:10
10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

2 Thessalonians 3:12
12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread

Mind you The church has being reaching out to the less privilege more than government . But it’s not the primary call of the church . The only people the the Bible allow the church to care for without working are old widows . Not even young widows . Even as at that they must have proven themselves in commitment to serve in the church . Every church has plan for the less privilege among them

. Most churches organize bsines seminars and empowerment programs even capital or loans . But these people who go from church to church waiting for the pastor to colledct money with different stories need to come out of lazines and go and find what to do . Every pastor know his comited member .
Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by petra1(m): 8:11am On Nov 29, 2017
Chicagoesontop:
This Lady is Right.

GO AND WORK!! And practice giving .

10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by Chicagoesontop: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2017
petra1:

GO AND WORK!! And practice giving .

Bros, you no go UNDERSTAND .. i have been legit since 2003 till now, i have and i do give to people, friends and family anytime the opportunity to do so knocks, but every man has his ups and downs sometimes because some days are like that ... On that particular day i don't have a dime in my pocket doesn't mean i don't work and have money to eat and put in my account or i don't send money to my family in Nigeria, Buhari newly stopped ATM CARDS from working in other countries that period, if not i could have gone to any ATM on that Sunday and withdraw money for myself, On most occasions after church service i myself meet people that begs me money for either transportation or to eat or to buy them soft drinks and i give them with love because it's a normal thing to do if you have, during that time i have 5 mouths that feeds from me daily, the reason why i even talked to that woman is because of my people at home who won't eat that day except i provide money for them to cook as usual and this has continued till now 7 people are currently feeding from me, no lacking .. so am not lazy as you assumed or pressumed .. Even that day i wore a designer suit to church maybe she thinks i appeared too rich to express myself that am hungry and needed help from her because of my cute dressing at that particular moment .. All am saying is many people give to the church for eye service so that the pastor will notice them, and they ignore that they have brethrens who they can also help in any atom of way they can because we are all in the house of God ..

1 Like

Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by Chicagoesontop: 10:46am On Nov 29, 2017
careytommy7:

You must have learnt this from your father the devil, the father of lies

Bros, how is it doing you
Re: Guy Says Churches Give More To Build Than To Welfare Of Members. See Reactions by petra1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
Chicagoesontop:

Bros, you no go UNDERSTAND .. i have been legit since 2003 till now, i have and i do give to people, friends and family anytime the opportunity to do so knocks, but every man has his ups and downs sometimes because some days are like that ... On that particular day i don't have a dime in my pocket doesn't mean i don't work and have money to eat and put in my account or i don't send money to my family in Nigeria, Buhari newly stopped ATM CARDS from working in other countries that period, if not i could have gone to any ATM on that Sunday and withdraw money for myself, On most occasions after church service i myself meet people that begs me money for either transportation or to eat or to buy them soft drinks and i give them with love because it's a normal thing to do if you have, during that time i have 5 mouths that feeds from me daily, the reason why i even talked to that woman is because of my people at home who won't eat that day except i provide money for them to cook as usual and this has continued till now 7 people are currently feeding from me, no lacking .. so am not lazy as you assumed or pressumed .. Even that day i wore a designer suit to church maybe she thinks i appeared too rich to express myself that am hungry and needed help from her because of my cute dressing at that particular moment .. All am saying is many people give to the church for eye service so that the pastor will notice them, and they ignore that they have brethrens who they can also help in any atom of way they can because we are all in the house of God ..

Well for such exceptional case . If you’re a member . The best thing to do is meet those who know you not strangers . Your leaders . House fellowship leader or departmental leader and if such need to get to the pastor . Every church. Has a structure . People are careful of strangers these days . I personally don’t have problem with strangers but some do . We can’t blame them . Bad experience or tale from others

(1) (Reply)

Churches Attacked On New Year Eve In Ilorin. / Winners' Pastor's Wife Kidnapped And Supernaturally Released! / The Owner Of Nairaland Is Strongly Against Christianity And The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.