Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

"Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie (10543 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by FrancisIgya: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2017
The cardinal will see whether Nigerians are with Buhari or not in 2019. who does not know that Cardinal Okogie is a sympathiser of PDP and GEJ?
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by newoffer: 9:44am On Nov 29, 2017
Cardinal, even if u are the president, things will be tough. Politicians are mammals with no conscience
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by SalamRushdie: 9:45am On Nov 29, 2017
benuejosh:
This man doesn't want a Statue in Imo state Or is it because there's no more free monies to share and do some merriment? Nigeria was on the blink of being placed on Amazon for sale. If not for the timely intervention of Buhari been elected President, Jonathan and his crew in government were hell bent on selling Nigeria. Buhari may have had his down sides but he is still one of the best President Nigeria has ever had. He has tried his best to rescue Nigeria from complete collapse. Let's appreciate this Man to some extent. They complain of no salaries, sufferings and life getting harder. A number of times he has tried to bail the state out with funds and what has the governors done with the fund? My state governor carries out screening each time salaries are to be paid. Since he became a governor, he does screening every month before paying, yet he doesn't pay those he successfully screens. If you want to say my governor is an APC member so the failure is in them APC, then i ask, how about Fayose? whom all men should have used to compare with other APC governors owing to way he attacks the APC for doing poorly, Himself and my governor i can't say which is better. And so is it with other Governors too. Throwing the blame of Suffering at Buhari all the times speaks no meaning. If this governors were as well complimenting his efforts, the suffering would be less. Some governors are not helping matters. Talk to the Governors too, ask them questions. Why is it like this, the Funds you've been collecting as bailout, the funds you've borrowed from external sources what have you done with them? Buhari has tried and he is doing his best to alleviate the suffering of the people.

Benue people have never had sense so I am not suprised
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by fellom(m): 9:47am On Nov 29, 2017
This Administration should just do just one thing even if its power problem they will solve for us.
Omooba77:

http://punchng.com/life-getting-harder-for-nigerians-under-buhari-says-okogie/
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by FRESHG(m): 9:55am On Nov 29, 2017
OBIGS:
It will never be well for people that voted buhari to power. And for people who still plan on voting him 2019, you are evil
AMEN�
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Jerrypolo(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2017
AnanseK:
The greatest tragedy that can befall a nation is for her citizens to suffer collective amnesia. PDP believes Nigerians have short memories, if not, Ibori would not have been included in their convention committee and Jonathan would not have been allowed to talk(He ended up indicting himself as usual anyway).
For those who may have forgotten, kindly jumpstart your memories with the following words;
Happy reading:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do.
If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

*WHERE ARE THE WAILERS?*

"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi*

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.!
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....

Recession didn't just happen, people looted.
Copied by Yazid T.

Whoever wrote this forgot to add the jeep and money Dasuki gave to Buhari all in a bid to make him look good.

Another concern is, the many scandals that have rocked this government didn't appear on the list (OK, it's a PDP list). Allow me do a refresher in APC for you.

1. Grass cutting SGF. B. Lawal

Indicted to have corruptly gotten a contract inflated by over 700m.

Action: Dismissed after much public outcry and pressure.

2. Ikoyi Gate: Mr Oke.

The former NIA boss was in possession of Billions of Naira at Osborne towers until the whistle blew on him.

Action: Same as SGF's

3. Dubai Properties: COAS Burutai.

Was linked with a choice property in Dubai.

The APC was the first to deny on his behalf.

Action: A one day investigation into the issue and a clean bill of health was given the COAS even when facts pointed otherwise.

Sex/millions for Promotions Promo: IGP Idris.

This scandal was brought to light by an ex cop and Senator of the 8th. The accusations turned out to be true as he was found romantically involved with a subordinate who rose through the ranks at an alarmingly high rate.
The senator was bashed and smeared by the police without the issues on ground been tackled. They labelled him a "Deserter" which turned out false.

Action: Kept his job and his vices remains unchecked.

MTN millions for penance: Abba Kyari.

The president's right hand man, relative and chief of staff was alleged to have collected a bribe to the tune of 500m naira to help kill the heavy fine being imposed on the company for sharp practices.

Action: A lot of noise was generated and the matter died. Guess what else died? YES!!! the MTN fine. You got it right.

NNPC Gate: Maikanti Baru.

This man who heads the state owned oil and gas corporation was said to have single handedly awarded a contract of over 24m dollars without due process or recourse to the extant rules of the corporation or his boss (Min. of state for Petroleum resources) during the absence of the Minister of Petroleum resources who also doubles as president.

Action: It was treated in house and he came out smiling.

Maina Gate: Ex PENCOM boss Maina.

Maina was found to have used his office as DG PENCOM to amass wealth stupendously at the expense of pensioneers by the last administration. He was arrested, charged and granted bail which he jumped and remained a fugitive until the anti corruption administration brought him back from exile, reinstated him, doubly promoted him and payed his salary arrears. After enough public outcry, he was let go (instead of being arrested), given DSS protection and possibly still in the payroll somewhere.

Action: Nothing done.

There are many more that I cannot exhaust.
Be mindful that when you bend to view someone else's backside, you are exposing yours.

This is not Man Utd. Vs Arsenal.

My point is, whether PDP, APC, APGA or PPA, until we stand for truth and ourselves, we are in for a long ride.

4 Likes

Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Omooba77: 10:02am On Nov 29, 2017
blaqoracle:
this man precided over christianity that created poverty in the land. Instead of this failed bishop to add his voice to raging issue of tithing, he has jumpped into a political arena, where he is a neophyte. it is very evident that buhari's govt has blocked all the loopholeps from where these prophet of baal festered their nest. these demonic christian want pdp to come back so that the looting continue.

Please how did Christanity create poverty in the land?. I guess you are old enough to stop playing religious card. The highest rate of corruption ever witnessed in the land is NOW.
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by jacyhelen(f): 10:03am On Nov 29, 2017
benuejosh:
This man doesn't want a Statue in Imo state Or is it because there's no more free monies to share and do some merriment? Nigeria was on the blink of being placed on Amazon for sale. If not for the timely intervention of Buhari been elected President, Jonathan and his crew in government were hell bent on selling Nigeria. Buhari may have had his down sides but he is still one of the best President Nigeria has ever had. He has tried his best to rescue Nigeria from complete collapse. Let's appreciate this Man to some extent. They complain of no salaries, sufferings and life getting harder. A number of times he has tried to bail the state out with funds and what has the governors done with the fund? My state governor carries out screening each time salaries are to be paid. Since he became a governor, he does screening every month before paying, yet he doesn't pay those he successfully screens. If you want to say my governor is an APC member so the failure is in them APC, then i ask, how about Fayose? whom all men should have used to compare with other APC governors owing to way he attacks the APC for doing poorly, Himself and my governor i can't say which is better. And so is it with other Governors too. Throwing the blame of Suffering at Buhari all the times speaks no meaning. If this governors were as well complimenting his efforts, the suffering would be less. Some governors are not helping matters. Talk to the Governors too, ask them questions. Why is it like this, the Funds you've been collecting as bailout, the funds you've borrowed from external sources what have you done with them? Buhari has tried and he is doing his best to alleviate the suffering of the people.

You are a big fool and an idiot...is GEJ only the man to have ruled Nigeria..what about abacha loot still be recovered
May hatred depart from your soul.
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Nackzy: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2017
benuejosh:
Have You notice anything wrong in You.. If no dont worry Doctors are still working on your brain.. It will soon be okay.. Or may be we'll try lybia
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by jacyhelen(f): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2017
benuejosh:
keep quiet.

Lmao...Get ur PVC ready,PMB till 2089...Fools..
Thank God my visa is ready.
No nation is as useless and hopeless as Nigeria!!
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by OBIGS(m): 10:21am On Nov 29, 2017
dheilaw1:
and it shall not be well with your entire household who condemn a man who has come to rescue Nigeria from 16 years of PDP misrule. oloriburuku sombori
since you don't fear God by quoting me... may the ghost of all those innocent souls who have committed suicide because of Buhari begin to torment you and your family.
wawa. Fear God Anumpama
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by benuejosh: 10:42am On Nov 29, 2017
jacyhelen:

Lmao...Get ur PVC ready,PMB till 2089...Fools..
Thank God my visa is ready.
No nation is as useless and hopeless as Nigeria!!
hey! You don't Insult Nigeria as useless and Hopeless. How can you do that?. Things ain't working doesn't mean they won't. It's my Country and i love it.
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by kingsfield(m): 10:51am On Nov 29, 2017
benuejosh:

Modified: Those who are mentioning me in their comments upandan like if they see me they'll slaughter me, where was Okogie (with much respect to his spiritual office) when Jona and his vampires were sucking Nigeria Dry? If only he continued from where Ya'Adua stopped. Buhari has done his best, what he met on ground was so terrible that this man is still trying to bring Nigeria out of where they dumped her. The efforts he has put in to make Nigeria stand again is never appreciated, please appreciate this man and give him some space. Bailout that is given out to help people and make them feel better is being used to mount Statues of people who have no single contributions to Nigeria. And lastly, deal with me directly and leave Benue people out of my write up.

#POC
One of the best president ur family ever had not Nigeria.
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Ragnorak: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2017
If to say Buhari didn't win we'd have been regaled with tales of how Nigeria would have been like UK if he had won.

Now he has won we're hearing that Nigeria would have been like Somalia if he hadn't won.

Baba has no ideas.

1 Like

Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by ivandragon: 11:11am On Nov 29, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Whoever wrote this forgot to add the jeep and money Dasuki gave to Buhari all in a bid to make him look good.

Another concern is, the many scandals that have rocked this government didn't appear on the list (OK, it's a PDP list). Allow me do a refresher in APC for you.

The former NIA boss was in possession of Billions of Naira at Osborne towers until the whistle blew on him.

Action: A one day investigation into the issue and a clean bill of health was given the COAS even when facts pointed otherwise.

This scandal was brought to light by an ex cop and Senator of the 8th. The accusations turned out to be true as he was found romantically involved with a subordinate who rose through the ranks at an alarmingly high rate.
The senator was bashed and smeared by the police without the issues on ground been tackled. They labelled him a "Deserter" which turned out false.

The president's right hand man, relative and chief of staff was alleged to have collected a bribe to the tune of 500m naira to help kill the heavy fine being imposed on the company for sharp practices.

Action: A lot of noise was generated and the matter died. Guess what else died? YES!!! the MTN fine. You got it right.

This man who heads the state owned oil and gas corporation was said to have single handedly awarded a contract of over 24m dollars without due process or recourse to the extant rules of the corporation or his boss (Min. of state for Petroleum resources) during the absence of the Minister of Petroleum resources who also doubles as president.

Maina was found to have used his office as DG PENCOM to amass wealth stupendously at the expense of pensioneers by the last administration. He was arrested, charged and granted bail which he jumped and remained a fugitive until the anti corruption administration brought him back from exile, reinstated him, doubly promoted him and payed his salary arrears. After enough public outcry, he was let go (instead of being arrested), given DSS protection and possibly still in the payroll somewhere.

Be mindful that when you bend to view someone else's backside, you are exposing yours.

My point is, whether PDP, APC, APGA or PPA, until we stand for truth and ourselves, we are in for a long ride.

officials in the presidency, ministries of finance & budget pad 2016 budget with almost N2tr.

punishment:
moved from budget planning department to cash office...
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by colli247(m): 11:12am On Nov 29, 2017
tuscani:
Johnathan be like grin grin grin FTC, Bless you God.many more good things coming

Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Omooba77: 11:15am On Nov 29, 2017
Sunmolar:

Maybe you're still waiting for a perfect government to make things better for you. Maybe you should ook up to God who created all things to help you. He can do all things.

God is my source and will always be.By His grace he has done much for me; but you dont close your eyes to others not so opportuned like you
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Jerrypolo(m): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2017
ivandragon:

officials in the presidency, ministries of finance & budget pad 2016 budget with almost N2tr.

punishment:
moved from budget planning department to cash office...

Imagine!!!
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Coolgent(m): 11:56am On Nov 29, 2017
Oga if life is harder abeg stop collectin 10%
So that we can use it in productive way
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by ebuka440: 11:59am On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=benuejosh post=62809853]This man doesn't want a Statue in Imo state Or is it because there's no more free monies to share and do some merriment? Nigeria was on the blink of being placed on Amazon for sale. If not for the timely intervention of Buhari been elected President, Jonathan and his crew in government were hell bent on selling Nigeria. Buhari may have had his down sides but he is still one of the best President Nigeria has ever had. He has tried his best to rescue Nigeria from complete collapse. Let's appreciate this Man to some extent. They complain of no salaries, sufferings and life getting harder. A number of times he has tried to bail the state out with funds and what has the governors done with the fund? My state governor carries out screening each time salaries are to be paid. Since he became a governor, he does screening every month before paying, yet he doesn't pay those he successfully screens.
You are not sure of what you are saying. Goodluck is the only President that supposed to take us Nigerians to the promised land. At least he tried better than our past presidents.
Your write-up is baseless
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by AnanseK(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Of course allegations will always be there. No wonder your post if full of phrases such as “alleged “ “was said to etc”. Of course there will always be crime. But the SGF was removed and we expect him to be prosecuted. All the others are conjectures and hearsay which as a citizen you can take up . But why don’t you try to justify PDPs looting at least those enumerated in my earlier post?
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Omooba77: 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
AnanseK:
The greatest tragedy that can befall a nation is for her citizens to suffer collective amnesia. PDP believes Nigerians have short memories, if not, Ibori would not have been included in their convention committee and Jonathan would not have been allowed to talk(He ended up indicting himself as usual anyway).
For those who may have forgotten, kindly jumpstart your memories with the following words;
Happy reading:

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

*WHERE ARE THE WAILERS?*

"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....

Copied by Yazid T.
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Jerrypolo(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2017
AnanseK:

Of course allegations will always be there. No wonder your post if full of phrases such as “alleged “ “was said to etc”. Of course there will always be crime. But the SGF was removed and we expect him to be prosecuted. All the others are conjectures and hearsay which as a citizen you can take up . But why don’t you try to justify PDPs looting at least those enumerated in my earlier post?

"Alleged"? That is what it should be before they are found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction.

With all the many crimes you have tied to the PDP and their crimes, why have the government not convicted at least ONE of them for over two years now?. Why media trials and flagrant disregard for the rule of law with stark impunity?. What happened to "Innocent until found guilty"?.

SGF like you said will be tried.

My question is WHEN?.
Are the facts not bare?.
Are we going to wait for another government to do that?.

I am not standing for the PDP, all I am saying is that they are all the same. Do not smear the PDP to make the APC look good when they are both taking us for a ride.

Thanks.
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Jerrypolo(m): 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
AnanseK:

This should put things in perspective. Looters relooting recovered loots.

https://www.nairaland.com/4204512/anti-graft-agencies-cant-account-recovered
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Omooba77: 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
AnanseK:
Happy reading:

*WHERE ARE THE WAILERS?*

*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

*~ Godswill Akpabio*

*~ Okonjo Iweala*

*~ Peter Obi*

*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.

Copied by Yazid T.

Please who has been prosecuted for all these.
In all sincerity, which do you prefer sir
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by anonimi: 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2017
AnanseK:
Copied by Yazid T.

Too much talk, na lie lie full am as usual with the All Poverty Congress, APC propagandists.
Whatever happened under PDP is child's play with the bravado looting, stealing and corruption under Barawo-in-Chief, BiC Bubu and his 40 thieves cabal.

Revealed: How Buhari Budgeted N39 billion for Propaganda

In a bid to launder his already battered image, President Muhammadu Buhari has allocated a whooping sum of N39 billion in the 2016 budget to the Ministry of Information and Culture, a sum higher than the paltry N29 billion allocated to the Ministry of Agriculture.

This is a direct inverse of the 2015 budget, where Former President Goodluck Jonathan allocated the sum of N23 billion to Ministry of Information and N39 billion to the Agricultural Ministry.

The meager allocation to the Agricultural ministry has left political stakeholders wondering if the present administration aims at diversifying the economy or thriving on propaganda.

Buhari had in August, 2015 stated that Nigerians must stop paying mere lip service to agriculture, as crude oil and gas exports will no longer be sufficient as the country’s major revenue earner.

“It’s time to go back to the land. We must face the reality that the petroleum we had depended on for so long will no longer suffice. We campaigned heavily on agriculture, and we are ready to assist as many want to go into agricultural ventures,’’ Buhari stated.

However investigations by Post Nigeria revealed that Buhari’s words did not match his action following the lean budgetary provision for Agriculture.

More from: https://www.post-nigeria.com/revealed-how-buhari-budgeted-n39-billion-for-propaganda/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3711426_laimuhammedidontowe_png3d123b27e8f04701820553cb9b600a90

1 Like

Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by Omooba77: 8:02pm On Nov 29, 2017
No light since morning and phcn will still bring bill
Re: "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie by juman(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
Bad country with a bad and unserious government.

nigeria, former giant of africa became an ant of a country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheism: The “No-God” Religion / Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince / Chilling Confessions Of A Zambian Satanist!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.