Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? (1671 Views)

Is Belief In Jesus Enough For Salvation? / Survey: Do You Believe In Evolution Or Creationism? Why? / I Don't Believe In Evolution. I Believe Humans Were Genetically Engineered. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2017
Does belief in evolution make you smart?

Nothing like a troll who knows so little that every comment he makes himself look more and more like a fool. And what even more funny, he does not even see it. Here's how it's going.

Me: Posting science and backing it up.
Troll: No it's not.
Me: Post more to back it up.
Troll: You don't know what you are talking about.
Me: Realizing he cannot debate I point it out. And I bury him in the process.

Now I'm just waiting for his crying rant to save face. Even the readers here saw it and commented.

His responses are 100% his opinions and nothing more. No science no nothing.

Atheists who cannot debate really should not post on this page. I kinda feel sorry for the guy. Reminded me of when I first started out and was green and had my butt handed to me several times. But you learn by mistakes and I made many. ~ Issac

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionIsALie/ 27 November at 23:34 ·

1 Share

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

those that believe in God and dey said God is love, but dat same God will burn sinner's in Hell" fire " forever are they smart?

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jesse01:

those that believe in God and dey said God is love, but dat same God will burn sinner's in Hell" fire " forever are they smart?

"My God would never create Hell."

Idolatry is the sin of making up our own god.

The God of creation is the One we must face, and He warns that ultimate justice will ultimately be done, no matter what we do or don't believe.

Watch www.180movie.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort

It is not smart to dare your Maker. cool

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

It is not smart to dare your Maker. cool
Ok., to each is Own....

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by MrMystrO(m): 8:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
Good

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by oluebubeneo(f): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
Being smart is not dependent on believing in evolution or not. One can be smart and not really subscribe to the whole evolution idea for reasons best known to them.

1 Like

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
oluebubeneo:

Being smart is not dependent on believing in evolution or not. One can be smart and not really subscribe to the whole evolution idea for reasons best known to them.

A person can be a clever devil and yet foolish. cool
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Freeze007(m): 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

As a scientist you draw your conclusions from experiment, right?

So to you, based on your "believed" fact, perhaps as a result of the number of persons in agreement based on this same results you believe your analogy as regards the case study is TRUE

ON the other hand what if the latter in whom you are bashing is seeing the reason for the argument from an entirely different form that is not yet written down for you to LEARN, would he still appear irrelevant? see, you should even be lucky someone is trying to bring the abstract to your understanding...

If I must be honest from my little research the controllers of the media appear to be those with political capability whose hand you will agree has been on the knowledge that they expect to be given to control peoples mind like yours to give you all the theories and postulation on the EVOLVING OF MAN

i refuse to accept theirs to find that theory that is the way, the truth and life which they concealed for obvious reasons.

I am student of the Creator of the Universe have you got His manual? so, why talk about EVOLUTION?

Can you give what you don't have? Can you talk about what you know little or nothing about? OK. to even prove you very very wrong, Who was the first SCIENTIST? Can you beat your chest that the recorded as the first scientist is indeed the first Scientists? What about those whose knowledge were stolen from them because they practised the ways of the Way, The Truth and Life as regards humility?

ATHEISM IS A PLOY
AGNOSTISM IS A PLOY SAME AS OTHER THEISMS NOW FOR WHY THE PLOY LETS ALL BE VIGILANT BECAUSE WE WOULD FIND THE ROOT CAUSE - THE CAUSE AND EFFECT IS INVOLVED... IF YOU KNOW THE TRUTH SAY THE TRUTH, SPEAK THE TRUTH
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
Freeze007:

As a scientist you draw your conclusions from experiment, right?

So to you, based on your "believed" fact, perhaps as a result of the number of persons in agreement based on this same results you believe your analogy as regards the case study is TRUE

ON the other hand what if the latter in whom you are bashing is seeing the reason for the argument from an entirely different form that is not yet written down for you to LEARN, would he still appear irrelevant? see, you should even be lucky someone is trying to bring the abstract to your understanding...

If I must be honest from my little research the controllers of the media appear to be those with political capability whose hand you will agree has been on the knowledge that they expect to be given to control peoples mind like yours to give you all the theories and postulation on the EVOLVING OF MAN

i refuse to accept theirs to find that theory that is the way, the truth and life which they concealed for obvious reasons.

I am student of the Creator of the Universe have you got His manual? so, why talk about EVOLUTION?

Can you give what you don't have? Can you talk about what you know little or nothing about? OK. to even prove you very very wrong, Who was the first SCIENTIST? Can you beat your chest that the recorded as the first scientist is indeed the first Scientists? What about those whose knowledge were stolen from them because they practised the ways of the Way, The Truth and Life as regards humility?

ATHEISM IS A PLOY
AGNOSTISM IS A PLOY SAME AS OTHER THEISMS NOW FOR WHY THE PLOY LETS ALL BE VIGILANT BECAUSE WE WOULD FIND THE ROOT CAUSE - THE CAUSE AND EFFECT IS INVOLVED... IF YOU KNOW THE TRUTH SAY THE TRUTH, SPEAK THE TRUTH

God is the First Scientist and He has given us His manual (The Bible). God Creates man discovers what God has created and God has given us clues to this in His Word and World. Read what a smart scientist by the name, Albert Einstein, discovered about God:

"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details...." (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, page 202).

Watch www.EvolutionvsGod.com for details. cool

1 Share

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by feelgoodInc: 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
The bottom line: The Bible’s account of creation is in harmony with scientific facts.
Think about your beliefs
Belief in creation does not require “blind faith.” Rather, it rests on sound reasoning.

Consider this:
Everything you experience in life teaches you that where there is design, there is a designer. When you see a camera, a plane, or a house, you rightly conclude that someone designed it. Why should you abandon that logic when you consider the human eye, a bird in the sky, or our planet Earth?

To think about: Engineers often copy traits that they observe in nature so that they can improve their own inventions, and they rightly want others to acknowledge their work. Is it logical to recognize the human inventor and his work and yet fail to acknowledge the Creator and His far superior designs?

Is it reasonable to think that an airplane was designed but a bird was not?
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by feelgoodInc: 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
Those who make such claims are not aware of the facts. Famous scientists such as Galileo and Isaac Newton believed in a Creator.

1 Like

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Freeze007(m): 11:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

God is the First Scientist and He has given us His manual (The Bible). God Creates man discovers what God has created and God has given us clues to this in His Word and World. Read what a smart scientist by the name, Albert Einstein, discovered about God:

"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details...." (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, page 202).

God intended teaching until man erred so, we were half baked no wonder all we could discover has been tools for war. Now that He is still merciful and willing to take us to the height we all long for, He is saying the only criteria is holiness atleast for Him to explain His world because He is allergic to Unholiness.

My humble appeal if you care to know about the Universe employ the ways of God which is absolute righteousness and you will be amazed at what you never knew. Scientist don't know up to a drop of water that fills a 0.5litre keg let alone understanding the globe. quote me anytime Sunday I will still repeat it.

Scientist say our brain Has the ability to store books from a whole library even more , yet not 1% is used, Who can help us elasticify the brain capacity for information? it must be the inventor of the brain and not the invented that is Our Creator.

Can the robots tell you about the human anatomy? The day they do, they become above you, in the same vein, you can never expect the scientist to know more than the Creator who invented all their tools for their own inventions. And they still have the effrontery to call Him names, yet He shows His Unlimited live and grace to the ignorant what a living Father indeed, anyway let me not digress, whether you are a scientist or not we must surrender, either willingly or justifiably... the choice is yours.... Since I want to know about the Universe and how it all started, I have surrendered my self to Him in TOTALITY wouldn't you?

I remain a student of the Creator!!!
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Martinez19(m): 7:36am On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:
Those who make such claims are not aware of the facts. Famous scientists such as Galileo and Isaac Newton believed in a Creator.
Oh no famous geniuses didn't believe in a creator, eg. Einstein, Max Planck, Bobby Fischer, Karl Marx, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Erwin Schrodinger, Paul Dirac etc. undecided
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by pesty100(m): 9:42am On Dec 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

manual indeed?
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by feelgoodInc: 10:19am On Dec 02, 2017
Martinez19:
Oh no famous geniuses didn't believe in a creator, eg. Einstein, Max Planck, Bobby Fischer, Karl Marx, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Erwin Schrodinger, Paul Dirac etc. undecided

you say things without making your research. let me pick one dent in this post, Bobby Fischer, he was Jewish, secondly he left and converted to the worldwide church of God. His wife was a devote Buddhist. A Catholic priest tended to his funeral.

he believed in a higher being or God.
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Richirich713: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2017
Martinez19:

Hitchens, Dawkins geniuses? grin since when?
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by DeSepiero(m): 11:40am On Dec 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
'Beliefs' don't make people smart.
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Martinez19(m): 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

you say things without making your research. let me pick one dent in this post, Bobby Fischer, he was Jewish, secondly he left and converted to the worldwide church of God. His wife was a devote Buddhist. A Catholic priest tended to his funeral.

he believed in a higher being or God.
Olodo, Bobby Fischer is my chess idol, I have read and watched tons of clips of him. He was a christian with the worldwide church of God, he later left due to unfulfilled prophecies around 1977 and became an atheist. In his own words, he said all religious books are bunks, he also said he agrees that religion dulls the senses. undecided
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Martinez19(m): 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
Richirich713:

Hitchens, Dawkins geniuses? grin since when?
they are geniuses.
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Richirich713: 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
Martinez19:
they are geniuses.
grin
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by feelgoodInc: 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
Martinez19:
Olodo, Bobby Fischer is my chess idol, I have read and watched tons of clips of him. He was a christian with the worldwide church of God, he later left due to unfulfilled prophecies around 1977 and became an atheist. In his own words, he said all religious books are bunks, he also said he agrees that religion dulls the senses. undecided

you didn't address the fact that I said a Catholic priest ministered at his funeral or the fact that his wife was a devote Buddhist.

Guy I've been a chess player myself, I've been following Petrosian due to his defense and Anand too. I've been playing chess for a long time now.
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Martinez19(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
feelgoodInc:

you didn't address the fact that I said a Catholic priest ministered at his funeral or the fact that his wife was a devote Buddhist.
in my first post, did you see me talk about Fischer's marriage or burial? undecided the fact that a priest buries someone doesn't mean that the person is a believer. Bobby Fischer was not a believer in his later years. His marriage to his wife was not out of love but to escape prison in Japan. undecided

All I addressed in my first post was that Fischer was a non-believer. How you drag his burial and marriage, I don't know.
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:26am On Dec 03, 2017
feelgoodInc:

The bottom line: The Bible’s account of creation is in harmony with scientific facts.
Think about your beliefs
Belief in creation does not require “blind faith.” Rather, it rests on sound reasoning.

Consider this:
Everything you experience in life teaches you that where there is design, there is a designer. When you see a camera, a plane, or a house, you rightly conclude that someone designed it. Why should you abandon that logic when you consider the human eye, a bird in the sky, or our planet Earth?

To think about: Engineers often copy traits that they observe in nature so that they can improve their own inventions, and they rightly want others to acknowledge their work. Is it logical to recognize the human inventor and his work and yet fail to acknowledge the Creator and His far superior designs?

Is it reasonable to think that an airplane was designed but a bird was not?

Good analysis. cool

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by orisa37: 8:45am On Dec 03, 2017
It makes you a Mediocre.
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by Mekanus(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2017
feelgoodInc:
Think about your beliefs
Big fat lie

Consider this:
Then who designed the God you belief is the designer, since every design has a designer?
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53am On Dec 04, 2017
The Divine Designer
December 3, 2017

"Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?" (Isaiah 40:12).

The answer to this rhetorical question can only be God, the divine Designer of all the intricate interrelationships of His great creation. Four of the disciplines of natural science are implied here, and in each case a key principle of that science is anticipated.

The emphasis is on the precision of the divinely allocated quantities of each component. First, there is the precise balance of the waters of the earth between the oceans, rivers, groundwater, and atmospheric waters. Hydrology is the science of Earth’s waters, and life on Earth is dependent on the fine-tuning of the components of the hydrologic cycle. “He looketh to the ends of the earth. . . . To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure” (Job 28:24-25).

The atmospheric heaven also has been carefully dimensioned in size and composition to make life possible, as formulated in the science of meteorology.

The "dust of the earth" is nothing less than the basic chemical elements out of which all things are made. The accuracy with which elements combine with each other is based on their valences, and all of this is involved in the study of chemistry. The principle of isostasy (“equal weights”) is the fundamental principle of the science of geophysics, involving the weights of mountains and hills, continents, and ocean basins.

God does not deal in chance and caprice, even with inanimate physical systems such as mountains and waters. Not even a sparrow can "fall on the ground without your Father" (Matthew 10:29). HMM

For more . . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by feelgoodInc: 6:50am On Dec 04, 2017
Mekanus:
Big fat lie

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/500201

you can read and convince yourself or you can remember that God made man out of the dust of the Earth but today

The human body is made up of materials and minerals found on the surface of the ground, and not from the core of the earth. Oxygen, being the most abundant element on the earth’s crust or on the ground, makes up 65 percent of the human body, and carbon, also abundant on the top soil of the ground, is 18 percent, and hydrogen is 10 percent. The 59 elements found in the human body are all found on the earths crust. This is amazing because what the Bible says perfectly match the scientific composition of a human body.

Bible!
The exact proportion of the minerals and materials, if maintained, make up a healthy human body

(http://www.emory.edu/EMORY_REPORT/erarchive/1998/September/erseptember.21/9_21_98Size.html)

. Excesses in these materials will cause disorders and diseases. Excess of aluminum, for example, and iron, will be toxic for the human body. The proportions of the abundance of the 59 elements on the earths crust, is amazingly represented in its presence in the human body. Who says that the Bible is not scientific? The Bible is scientific.
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52pm On Dec 15, 2017
DeSepiero:

'Beliefs' don't make people smart.

Isn't that what belief in darwin evolution make you atheists think? undecided

Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by DeSepiero(m): 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Isn't that what belief in darwin evolution make you atheists think? undecided
Are you saying or presuming ?
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
DeSepiero:

Are you saying or presuming ?

It's a fact. Do you believe in darwin's theory of evolution?
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by DeSepiero(m): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

It's a fact. Do you believe in darwin's theory of evolution?
Provide evidence to support what you claim is fact. Do you believe in Moses' theory of creation?
Re: Does Belief In Evolution Make You Smart? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47am On Dec 18, 2017
DeSepiero:

Provide evidence to support what you claim is fact.
Do you believe in Moses' theory of creation?

There is nothing like Moses theory of creation. Creation is supported by true science. See evidence on these threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/4237901/belief-god-unscientific

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mountain Of Fire Church Is Misleading People I Haaate Dem / You Can't Prove That God Does Not Exist..... / Benny Hinn Confesses And Repents About Prosperity Gospel,he Is No More Involved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.