Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets (8063 Views)

COVID-19 Lockdown: Food Markets To Open Between 10:00am And 2:00pm Daily – FG / Charly Boy Protests At Libyan Embassy In Abuja Against Slave Trade In Libya (Pic / Slave Markets: "It Is A Slap On The Face Of All Of Us" - Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by dokiOloye(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:

Shut up
That is a rant
not proof.,
6 million Jews were killed by Christians
Were the Jews killed in d name of Christ or Christianity?
But our own imam Shekau has been shouting it to d rooftops that Allah has commanded him to sell off the Christian girls of Chibok as slaves captured in battle,backing it with quotations from d Quran.And this is exactly d same life Mohammed lived.
Funny thing is that Shekau and Al Baghdadi of ISIS(who by d way is a PhD holder in Islamic studies) appear to be better muslims than you ppl cos they always backup their actions wt appropriate quotations from the Quran.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by FRESHG(m): 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:
I really do not have time to educate imbeciles.Too busy
ODE YOU WANT TO TEACH ME ABOUT WHAT I SPENT 4 GOOD YEARS STUDYING IN THE UNIVERSITY YOU MUST BE A CRAZY FELLOWgrin

NOW LISTEN ATTENTIVELY. ARGUMENTUM AD HOMINEM IS A PHILOSOPHICAL FALLACY WHEREBY AN ARGUMENT IS REBUTTED BY ATTACKING THE (CHARACTER) MESSENGER, MOTIVE OR OTHER ATTRIBUTE OF THE PERSON MAKING THE ARGUMENT RATHER THAN ATTACKING THE MESSAGE.

8 Likes

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by aribisala0(m): 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2017
FRESHG:
ODE YOU WANT TO TEACH ME ABOUT WHAT I SPENT 4 GOOD YEARS STUDYING IN THE UNIVERSITY YOU MUST BE A CRAZY FELLOWgrin

NOW LISTEN ATTENTIVELY. ARGUMENTUM AD HOMINEM IS A PHILOSOPHICAL FALLACY WHEREBY AN ARGUMENT IS REBUTTED BY ATTACKING THE (CHARACTER) MESSENGER, MOTIVE OR OTHER ATTRIBUTE OF THE PERSON MAKING THE ARGUMENT RATHER THAN ATTACKING THE MESSAGE.
ATTACK Now I will attack

Your mother is crazy she will die barking

2 Likes

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by FRESHG(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:
ATTACK Now I will attack

COME ON MY EWEDU MUSLIM BROTHER, NOR BE FIGHT NOWgrin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by BlowBack: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:
ATTACK Now I will attack

bow out of this thread and stop making a fool of yourself

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by PDJT: 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:

It was inspired by Christian Religion in exactly the same way that Islam inspires terrorism Boko Haram and such like.

The hate for Jews was a very "Christian" thing

Believe me, you’re bereft of basic knowledge. Try and spend less time here and more time in a library.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
BlowBack:

It was Christian values that put an end to the European slave trade.

Catholic liberal here (distinct from Liberal Catholic) . I disagree with your "opinions" and methodology.

Most of your writings are heavily biased. This is a confrontation on Islam, and not a examination or presentation of your findings in regards to slavery in religion.

In fact, this entire thread is not about the ethics or morality of slavery.

In every post @Blowback makes, he attempts to whitewash christianity .

When in fact Catholics and Muslims have and still are engaged in slavery.

What is slavery? Are their types of slavery? How are slaves acquired? How do they get there?

If you really want to examine slavery, in so doing extricate one religion from culpability, you must place each religion side by side and do so.

@Blowback is drawing evidence from words/recommendations written a thousand years ago, which nobody is obligated to follow.

He ignores the economic aspect. Would "buying and selling" slaves persist, if it were unprofitable?

Blowback seems to have read a few history books but he/she is obviously deficient in logic.

I suggest Graham Priest's, Logic - A short introduction.
Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by PDJT: 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:
Your mother will choke and cough to death

You’re a real life loser!

6 Likes

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by BlowBack: 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
TheCabal:

Catholic liberal here. I disagree with your "opinions" and methodology.

Most of your writings are heavily biased. This is a confrontation on Islam, and not a examination or presentation of your findings in regards to slavery in religion.

In fact, this entire thread is not about the ethics or morality of slavery.

In every post @Blowback makes, he attempts to whitewash christianity .

When in fact Catholics and Muslims have and still are engaged in slavery.

What is slavery? Are their types of slavery? How are slaves acquired? How do they get there?

If you really want to examine slavery, in so doing extricate one religion from culpability, you must place each religion side by side and do so.

@Blowback is drawing evidence from words/recommendations written a thousand years ago, which nobody is obligated to follow.

He ignores the economic aspect. Would "buying and selling" slave thrive, if it were unprofitable?

Blowback seems to have read a history books but he/she is obviously deficient in logic.

I suggest Graham Priest's, Logic - A short introduction.

The simple question to ask is:

Did the Trans-Atlantic slave trade by Europeans draw divine inspiration and justification from the Christian Bible just as the Muslim Arab slavers drew from Islamic teachings and the life of Mohammed their Prophet?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by SalamRushdie: 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
kingxsamz:
stupid op...please if u know nothing about the quaran stop misleading people...your topic itself is misleading....if u have nothing resonable to post today pls u can take a nap... thank you...

Fyi I'm a christian.

You are not a Christian so stop lying

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by BlowBack: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Any poster on this thread who identifies as a Christian when commenting is a Muslim

They hide behind their Christian claims to disparage Christianity while overlooking Islam's total support for enslaving non-Muslins.

This is Muslim shilling 101 and it is known as Taqiyya where Muslims are encouraged to deny their faith when in the midst of non-muslims.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by BlowBack: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
aribisala0:

Your mother will die foaming at the mouth.
if you like come with 100 IDs all of you will perish like Ogun's dog

E don reach like this?

Obviously you can not deny the obvious neither can you defend your prophet and his evil religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by cstr1000: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
Lol.
Aribisala was beaten black and blue on this thread to the extent he started cursing people's parents as a result of the unbearable blows and he is now somehow trying to divert the thread into the miry clay of insults which he thrives in.

Pele o.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by kingxsamz(m): 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
SalamRushdie:

this is a faceless forum, so u don't know me...and I won't argue with u about whether I'm a christian or not, as long as I've passed my message...good day.

1 Like

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by PDJT: 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
[s]
aribisala0:

Your mother will die foaming at the mouth.
if you like come with 100 IDs all of you will perish like Ogun's dog
[/s]
Loser!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by cstr1000: 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
BlowBack:

E don reach like this?

Obviously you can not deny the obvious neither can you defend your prophet and his evil religion.
Nigga can no longer cope with the facts.

He wants to dilute the thread by baiting you into trading insults where he will probably win with experience.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by BlowBack: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
kingxsamz:

this is a faceless forum, so u don't know me...and I won't argue with u about whether I'm a christian or not, as long as I've passed my message...good day.

You are never a Christian!

I know your type very well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by BlowBack: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
cstr1000:

Nigga can no longer cope with the facts.

He wants to dilute the thread by baiting you into trading insults where he will probably win with experience.

I don't have time to respond to that low-level troll.

If I switch to my Bishop magic mode he will commit suicide for Allah

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
BlowBack:

The simple question to ask is:

Did the Trans-Atlantic slave trade by Europeans draw divine inspiration and justification from the Christian Bible just as the Muslim Arab slavers drew from Islamic teachings and the life of Mohammed their Prophet?

Blowback: Slave trading (trading people for money/goods/services); predates Catholicism or Islam, even Judaism.

Hence, justifications for and against slave trading, predates either religion and cannot be found in those books alone.

It would be ridiculous to assume, Christianity (whatever form), was the sole advocate on the morality of slavery ; when slavery existed far long before Christianity or Islam.

Like I said, read Graham's book. It is a hundred pages, or thereabout.

1 Like

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by wirinet(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
BlowBack:

The Europeans never used religion to justify the enslavement of Africans rather they justified the enslavement of millions of Africans citing contemporary scientific views mainly drawn from the Darwin evolutionary theory.

And it is very important that we revist Islam when discussing the latest Libyan slave auctions. Because it is only Muslims that have so far engaged in this dastardly act.

From Shekau boasting of selling abducted Christian school girls in slave markets to the Islamic State auctioning of captured Christian, Yazidi and Shia women to the existing slave markets in Mauritania.

Muslims have no problem against slavery a their quaran justifies capturing and selling off of Kafirs.

You people rewrite history to suit your lies and dogma. Christianity was almost as bad as Islam in the slave trade.

Darwins evolutionary theory that was published in 1859 was responsible for slavery of black Africans that started in 1619 and abolished in 1833. Now clap for yourself, you are an excellent defender of the faith.

Please also explain how Darwin's evolutionary theory was responsible for exodus Exodus 21:20-21

Exodus 21:20-21
20 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.

And exodus20:7-9

Exodus 7-9
7And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do. 8If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her. 9And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters

Throughout the slavery period no Christian pope, Bishop or priest condemned slavery, they collaborated with the slave merchants in the slave trade.

4 Likes

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by kingxsamz(m): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
BlowBack:

You are never a Christian!

I know your type very well.

lol... as long as this is a faceless forum and as long as you don't know me or anything about me,I won't argue with you.

1 Like

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by BlowBack: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
TheCabal:

Blowback, Slave trading (trading people for money/goods/services); predates the Catholicism or Islam, even Judaism.

Hence, justifications for and against slave trading, predates either religion and cannot be found in those books alone.

It would be ridiculous to assume, Christianity (whatever form), was the sole advocate on the morality of slavery ; when slavery existed far long before Christianity or Islam.

Like I said, read Graham's book. It is a hundred pages, or thereabout.

Nobody said Mohammed invented Slavery

Only Islam provides the religious manual and justification of enslaving and selling people.

This is my point.

What you saw in Libya was revived by the Islamic State and even our own Boko Shekau cited Koranic references as justification for capturing and selling off Christian school girls.

Off course crime is not limited to Muslims as people who identify as Christians and non-muslims commit one form of crime daily but the simple difference is that they can't draw religious justification from the Bible in raping a woman but Islam gives the Muslim man the divine right to abduct and turn a Christian woman or girl into his personal sex slaves.

Islam also permits Muslim men to have sex slaves apart from their 4 wives.

This is the point I am making!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by BlowBack: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
kingxsamz:

lol... as long as this is a faceless forum and as long as you don't know me or anything about me,I won't argue with you.

I will not want to know or associate with you in the real world as I know for sure that you are a Muslim.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by vivalavida(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
This is BishopMagic at his best.
I love reading ur expositions on that fraudulent religion called islam

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by kingxsamz(m): 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
BlowBack:

I will not want to know or associate with you in the real world as I know for sure that you are a Muslim.

Oh like I really give a fu(k... maybe ur the muslim here

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
BlowBack:

Nobody said Mohammed invented Slavery

Only Islam provides the religious manual and justification of enslaving and selling people.

This is my point.

What you saw in Libya was revived by the Islamic State and even our own Boko Shekau cited Koranic references as justification for capturing and selling off Christian school girls.

Off course crime is not limited to Muslims as people who identify as Christians and non-muslims commit one form of crime daily but the simple difference is that they can't draw religious justification from the Bible in raping a woman but Islam gives the Muslim man the divine right to abduct and turn a Christian woman or girl into his personal sex slaves.

Islam also permits Muslim men to have sex slaves apart from their 4 wives.

This is the point I am making!

I avoid using either of the holy books in arguments for or against vices/issues our society is experiencing today; because every verse can be logically countered using external references. These books were written by Man, after all.

As providence would bestow, @wirinet has cited "counter" biblical verses here: https://www.nairaland.com/4206996/islam-approves-libyan-slave-markets/2#62860063.

In my first response, I concluded this thread has nothing to do with the "morality of slavery in either religion".

Your response has corroborated my position. You seem to have veered into politics (the Islamic State) and women's rights in Islam (recommendation on the nos of wives one can marry.)
Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by BlowBack: 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
TheCabal:

I avoid using either of the holy books in arguments for or against vices/issues our society is experiencing today; because every verse can be logically countered using external references. These books were written by Man, after all.

As providence would bestow, @wirinet has cited "counter" biblical verses here: https://www.nairaland.com/4206996/islam-approves-libyan-slave-markets/2#62860063.

In my first response, I concluded this thread has nothing to do with the "morality of slavery in either religion".

Your response has corroborated my position. You seem to have veered into politics (the Islamic State) and women's rights in Islam (recommendation on the nos of wives one can marry.)

Islam dictates to the Muslim how to live their lives. The Sharia is not a religious code alone but doubles as the infallible constitution of a Islamic State and from this same Sharia legislature Chattel Slavery is recognised.

If Muslims today believe that both Mohammed, his Koran and the Sharia law are perfect and should be implemented, then you should understand why it is only in majority Muslim states that we are still witnessing Chattel slavery.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by HerJahSir(m): 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
Christianity confirmed slavery as it had been affirmed beforehand by Judaism. There is no text in the Gospels that prohibits or denounces slavery. It is remarkable that the historian William Muir criticized our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for not immediately abolishing slavery, whilst overlooking the attitude of the Gospels concerning slavery, as there is no report from the Messiah, or from the Disciples, or from the churches concerning this issue.

Rather, in his Epistles, Paul advised that slaves should be loyal to their masters, as he says in his Epistle to the Ephesians, where he enjoins slaves to obey their masters as they would obey the Messiah:

“5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and withsincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart.

7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men,

8 because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free”

(Ephesians 6:5-9).

In Grand Larousse encyclopédique, it says: It comes as no surprise that slavery has continued among Christians until today; the official representatives of the faith have affirmed its validity and accepted itslegitimacy.

… to sum up: the Christian religion approved fully of slavery and still does so today. It is very difficult for anyone to prove that Christianity strove to abolish slavery.

The saints affirmed that nature makes some people slaves.

Churchmen did not prevent slavery or oppose it; rather they supported it, to such an extent that the philosopher saint Thomas Aquinas supported the philosophical view that agreed with the view of religious leaders, and he did not object to slavery, rather he praised it because – according to the view of Aristotle – it is one of the conditions in which some people are created naturally, and it does not contradict faith for a man to be content with the lowes tposition in life.

Haqaa’iq al-Islam by al-‘Aqqaad (p. 215).

In the Dictionary of the Bible by Dr. George Yousuf it says: Christianity did not object to slavery for political or economic reasons, and it did not urge believers to oppose their generation’s views with regard to slavery, or even debate it, and it did not say anything against the rights of slave owners or motivate the slaves to seek independence; it did not discuss the harm or harshness of slavery and it did not enjoin the immediate release of slaves.

It did not change anything in the nature of the relationship between master and slave; on the contrary, it affirmed the rights and duties of both parties.

3 Likes

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by HerJahSir(m): 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
Contemporary Europe and slavery

It is the reader’s right, in this era of advancement and progress, to ask questions about the pioneers of this progress and the numbers of people who died because of the way in which they were hunted, and who died on their way to the coast where the ships of the English Company and others would wait, then the rest died due to changes in climate. Approximately 4% died as they were being loaded onto the ships, and 12 % during the journey, let alone those who died in the colonies.

The slave trade continued at the hands of English companies that obtained the right of monopoly with the permission of the British government, then gave free rein to British subjects to enslave people.
Some experts estimate that the total number of people seized by the British during slavery and exiled to the colonies between 1680 and 1786 CE was around 2,130,000.

When Europe made contact with Black Africa, this contact led to human misery during which the black people of that continent were faced with a major calamity that lasted for five centuries. The states of Europe came up with evil ways of kidnapping these people and bringing them to their lands to serve as fuel for their revival, where they burdened them with more work than they could bear. When America was discovered, the calamity increased and they became slaves in two continents instead of just one.

The Encyclopaedia Britannica says (2/779) on the topic of slavery:Hunting slaves in the villages that were surrounded by the jungle was done by lighting fires in the straw of which the corrals surrounding the villages were made, then when the villagers fled to open land, the British hunted them down with whatever means they had at their disposal.

During the period from 1661 to 1774, for every million Black Africans who reached the Americas, a further nine million died during the hunting, loading and transportation. In other words, only one tenth of those who were hunted survived and actually reached the Americas, where they found no rest or relief, rather they were subjected to hard labour and torture.

At that time, they had laws which any wise person would be ashamedof.

Among these evil laws were those which said that any slave who transgressed against his master was to be killed, and any slave who ran away was to have his hands and feet cut off, and he was to be branded with hot iron; if he ran away again, he was to be killed. How could he run away if his hands and feet had been cut off?!

It was forbidden for a black man to become educated, and the jobs of whites were forbidden to coloureds.

In America, if seven black people gathered together, that was regarded as a crime, and if a white man passed by them it was permissible for him to spit at them and give them twenty lashes.
Another law stated that the blacks had no soul and that they possessed no smartness, intelligence or willpower, and that life existed only in their arms.

To sum up, with regard to his duties and service to his master, the slave was regarded as sane, responsible and punishable if he fell short, but with regard to his rights, he had no soul and no being, and he was not more than a strong pair of arms!

Finally, after many centuries of enslavement and oppression, there came the protocol to abolish slavery and strive to put an end to it, in a resolution issued by the United Nations in 1953 CE.

Hence their consciences did not awaken until the last century, after they had built their civilization onthe corpses of free men whom they had enslaved unlawfully. What fair-minded person can compare this with the teachings of Islam, which came fourteen hundred years ago? It seems that accusing Islam with regard to this topic is like the saying, “She accused me of her problem then walked away.”

And Allaah knows best.

3 Likes

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by Afonjanightmare(m): 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
Islamabad

4 Likes

Re: Islam Approves Of The Libyan Slave Markets by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
BlowBack:

The Europeans never used religion to justify the enslavement of Africans rather they justified the enslavement of millions of Africans citing contemporary scientific views mainly drawn from the Darwin evolutionary theory.

And it is very important that we revist Islam when discussing the latest Libyan slave auctions. Because it is only Muslims that have so far engaged in this dastardly act.

From Shekau boasting of selling abducted Christian school girls in slave markets to the Islamic State auctioning of captured Christian, Yazidi and Shia women to the existing slave markets in Mauritania.

Muslims have no problem against slavery a their quaran justifies capturing and selling off of Kafirs.

I like what you are doing here because it addresses the foundation of a problem. This will help a lot of Muslims realise that they are not loved as black people. Their prophet did not care too much for blacks. However it is not true that Christian slave traders did not justify their practice of slavery with their religion. I have read where white slave traders called blacks the cursed descendants of Ham. That blacks are condemned by God to be slaves. They did abandon that belief eventually but some of them used it as justification once.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: INEC Lacks The Capacity To Conduct Credibile Polls - Governor Wike / Presidential Appointments: Buhari’s Ministerial List Latest Update / Gov Rochas Okorocha Diagnosed Of Schizophrenia, Flown To India For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.