Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,723 members, 7,851,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? (4691 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2010
@Liss, the time you will be doing away with, can actually be the time you will be waiting while doing other things until it comes true. From my knowledge, the Experience Class is not just for international Students but also for people outside who have the skill in those high demand sectors, read it again
Plus, if you are hoping on coming to Canada 1st as a student, wat's the possibility of getting there? I am not discouraging you but its good to work with your current situation, apply and wait
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by tunnytox(m): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2010
Liss:

@Hotstepper,

Been working for about 3 years now. Just that the period it takes to process a PR is worrisome. Saw on cic.gc dat it could take like 78 months! shocked Been downcast since then. Will take your advice and be more optimistic now. Just trying to get enuf money before applying maybe thru school or sumtin.

Anywayz, all I am learning is gonna help me for sure.

The statistics provided by the CIC are pre February 2008 after which the rule has changed. At the moment if you meet the requirements you should be over and done with your application by 15 months at most. If you are in doubt google Canada Visa forum and visit the skilled migration section of the website.

Goodluck
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Liss: 7:46pm On Apr 11, 2010
@Tunnytox,

Thanks for your info. Well, currently checking out the forum. Just checked out the processing times on cic and noticed it had changed. Waoh! That's a relief! Will definately be sending the application in soon.

BTW, Tunnytox, are you also applying or awaiting your PR card or an agent or sumtin?
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by igbonla(m): 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2010
canuck:

@ Poster

@Hotstepper & Igbonla - Una well done. . .Keep us posted on your hook-up cool

Canuck,

Excellent post until you spoil am for the end. It's a friendly hook up oh, you can join in,

Where exactly are you? You're sounding like somebody I know.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by tunnytox(m): 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2010
Liss:

@Tunnytox,

Thanks for your info. Well, currently checking out the forum. Just checked out the processing times on cic and noticed it had changed. Waoh! That's a relief! Will definately be sending the application in soon.

BTW, Tunnytox, are you also applying or awaiting your PR card or an agent or sumtin?

I've got my Confirmation of Permanent Residency last month, i should be in Canada by August by God's grace but as i stated in my earlier posts on this thread I'll not be staying in Canada immediateley until may be 2 years after landing.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by tunnytox(m): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2010
@Canuck
Excellent post you hit the nail on the head, cool
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2010
tunnytox:

The statistics provided by the CIC are pre February 2008 after which the rule has changed. At the moment if you meet the requirements you should be over and done with your application by 15 months at most. If you are in doubt google Canada Visa forum and visit the skilled migration section of the website.

Goodluck
This is true - I agree.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2010
igbonla:

Canuck,

Excellent post until you spoil am for the end. It's a friendly hook up oh, you can join in
grin grin grin
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2010
@ Liss (and anyone worried about how long Canadian immigartion takes):

Do not allow the estimated processing time make you apathetic towards immigrating to Canada, if that's what you really want to do.

The most important step for you is to start by submitting your application, then the clock starts running down. Right now you are deliberating, and deliberation does not move the needle on that clock. Just do it! (Sorry Nike  cheesy)
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2010
igbonla:

Canuck,

Excellent post until you spoil am for the end. It's a friendly hook up oh, you can join in,

Where exactly are you? You're sounding like somebody I know.

I am in the Oakville/Downtown Toronto axis.

How do I sound 'like somebody' you know? What's blowing my much appreciated cyber-cover?!
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 5:44pm On Apr 12, 2010
@canuck, Downtown ehhh, around where?
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 6:32pm On Apr 12, 2010
^^^ Somewhere along Yonge Street.

I know, I know, referencing the "longest street in the world" will not particularly yield pinpoint accuracy. That's because I'd rather stay under the radar on a public forum - Email me if you want more details.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2010
Where is the original poster of the thread?

Angeldiana, are you leveraging this forum to source information for CIC?
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2010
@canuck, u r funny but I dont blame u jare cuz this online thingy get K-leg
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Liss: 9:07pm On Apr 12, 2010
@Canuck,

I guess you right. However, after checking dat other forum, canadavisa, I got a link to several websites which got me thinking. The rate at which Asians migrate to Canada is a big turn off for me o, How do you guys see this?

Please share your views and experiences about the immigration which I hear has become excessive and has reduced the available jobs within Canada's labour market.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by igbonla(m): 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2010
canuck:

I am in the Oakville/Downtown Toronto axis.

How do I sound 'like somebody' you know? What's blowing my much appreciated cyber-cover?!

Oakville/Downtown?? hmmm, no more comments for now. Watch your back sha!
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by igbonla(m): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2010
Liss:

@Canuck,

I guess you right. However, after checking dat other forum, canadavisa, I got a link to several websites which got me thinking. The rate at which Asians migrate to Canada is a big turn off for me o, How do you guys see this?

Please share your views and experiences about the immigration which I hear has become excessive and has reduced the available jobs within Canada's labour market.

Na wa oh! Serious hard tackle, see an invited guest holding back the hands of the host. So you haven't heard of live and let live? What is with you and the Asians?

You can go start a business in Canada, don't have to join the labor market. Whether you will succeed at a business is another story entirely and also dependent on you.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Liss: 9:45pm On Apr 12, 2010
igbonla:

Na wa oh! Serious hard tackle, see an invited guest holding back the hands of the host. So you haven't heard of live and let live? What is with you and the Asians?

You can go start a business in Canada, don't have to join the labor market. Whether you will succeed at a business is another story entirely and also dependent on you.

lol, no mind me o! Just talking my own o. Spoke with a friend of mine in Norway today who also said the same thing, that the place is getting crowded with Asians and it's putting him off, lol, Funny enuf, the guy loves Canada like mad.

Checked out the starting a business thing but the money required is too much, abeg!
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2010
Liss:

@Canuck,

Wow! A classic foot in the mouth situation here, coming from Liss, an HR professional  wink

Asians account for roughly 7 out of 10 people in the world, so you can't escape them once you step into a developed economy; not that you need to.

The problem with immigration in Canada is not excessive intake per se, but a disconnect between Immigration Canada and Corporate Canada. It is a long story if we begin to look under that hood. Maybe a separate thread would be a good idea.

Having said that, certain professionals remain in demand and will continue to be sought-after for a long time to come.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2010
@Liss, where ever you go, u will see great poupulation of Asians cuz of their size, Canada is so multicultural that you will feel the presence of other nationalities, Vancouver is where there r a lot of Asians esp. Chinese,

However, I do not understand why the influx of Asians should be your greatest concern, e be like say u no ready go there then,
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2010
^^^ Hey Hotstepper; looks like Liss is merely echoing her friend's bias.

Thanks for your note.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2010
igbonla:

Oakville/Downtown?? hmmm, no more comments for now. Watch your back sha!

Shakara! grin
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Liss: 10:07pm On Apr 12, 2010
canuck:

Wow! A classic foot in the mouth situation here, coming from Liss, an HR professional  wink

Asians account for roughly 7 out of 10 people in the world, so you can't escape them once you step into a developed economy; not that you need to.

The problem with immigration in Canada is not excessive intake per se, but a disconnect between Immigration Canada and Corporate Canada. It is a long story if we begin to look under that hood. Maybe a separate thread would be a good idea.

Having said that, certain professionals remain in demand and will continue to be sought-after for a long time to come.

Of cos you are right about that, but remember that their influx also assists in generating labour market problems such as increase in unemployment rate for others, low wage and the likes, Classic HR issues,  cool No try diss me o! wink

Really, it bcus of what I read thru those links and was wondering if u guys felt the same way,

Hotstepper:

@Liss, where ever you go, u will see great poupulation of Asians cuz of their size, Canada is so multicultural that you will feel the presence of other nationalities, Vancouver is where there r a lot of Asians esp. Chinese,

However, I do not understand why the influx of Asians should be your greatest concern, e be like say u no ready go there then,

HS, It is not so much of a concern o, just wondering how u guys see it, is all. No biggie about it, it sure won't stop me from going there, grin
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by canuck(m): 11:10pm On Apr 12, 2010
Liss:

Of cos you are right about that, but remember that their influx also assists in generating labour market problems such as increase in unemployment rate for others, low wage and the likes, Classic HR issues, cool No try diss me o! wink

Great! Now I see your point - Your earlier comment could be easily misinterpreted (as did Igbonla, Hotstepper and me) as being racial.

The labor market is free-for-all, well, except you're applying as a server in a chinese all-you-can-eat buffet. LOL! grin
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Liss: 11:57pm On Apr 12, 2010
canuck:

Great! Now I see your point - Your earlier comment could be easily misinterpreted (as did Igbonla, Hotstepper and me) as being racial.

The labor market is free-for-all, well, except you're applying as a server in a chinese all-you-can-eat buffet. LOL! grin

What a relief! wink I just meant their influx increases labour market issues is all.

Racial ke shocked I am very far from racial o! Some of my very closest friends in my office are whites (several countries). Plus, that's one reason to love Canada, it's multi-cultural kiss.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Hotstepper(f): 12:22am On Apr 13, 2010
@Liss, we don here tongue
B/w, u have a good sense of humor, 2nd 2 me, lol
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by Liss: 12:46am On Apr 13, 2010
@ H/S

thanks. Even if it's second best, grin
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by symbian03(m): 2:09am On Apr 13, 2010
HS, Sorry to bother you. I've created a thread for this question and needed response from people like you and others. Really is there any age restriction to study undergraduate in canada?
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by daddee: 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2010
Hello HS and Liss, pls do you have an idea about the job outlook for a geologist migrating from 9ja to canada and planning to settle in Alberta (Calgary to be specific). I know its a regulated occupation but some job adverts I saw online didn't request for the license, this kindda got me confused. Also what is the standard of living like in Calgary - like how much can one get a decent apartment (two bedroom flat) for rent? How's their schools like for kids (fees)?

I'm almost through with my PR processing, only waiting for their final decision. I'm trying to understand what to expect there as I know relocating has never been an easy thing. Still contemplating though, if its truly worth it.

Help pls.

Thanks.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by brinesj: 12:28am On Apr 15, 2010
daddee:

Hello HS and Liss, pls do you have an idea about the job outlook for a geologist migrating from 9ja to canada and planning to settle in Alberta (Calgary to be specific). I know its a regulated occupation but some job adverts I saw online didn't request for the license, this kindda got me confused. Also what is the standard of living like in Calgary - like how much can one get a decent apartment (two bedroom flat) for rent? How's their schools like for kids (fees)?

I'm almost through with my PR processing, only waiting for their final decision. I'm trying to understand what to expect there as I know relocating has never been an easy thing. Still contemplating though, if its truly worth it.

Help pls.

Thanks.

Guess you're referring to APEGGA when you talk about licensing. Visit their website for more info www.apegga.ca. Fact is depending on the job you're applying for, it may be a requirement but often if you are foreign trained with adequate acceptable experience you write the exams and can get it that way or if you are employed in as an engineer or geologist for example with no APEGGA requirement, you become an EIT (Engineer in Training) and can work towards the designation that way.

Most entry level and early midlevel positions will not make APEGGA licensing a requirement though.
Re: What 's Your Excuse For Keeping Off Your Immigration To Canada? by daddee: 5:48am On Apr 15, 2010
@brinesj , thanks for the enlightenment. Am middle level (9yrs experience) not sure how that will be interpreted in Canada though but I guess oil and gas experience (especially rig) is more or less the same world wide. I will read through the website. Are u in Canada?

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Over 50 Tuition-free Schools In Europe And Usa, Over 400 Pages Of Information / Does Anyone Know How To Get Uruguay Visa? / Cheap Air Ticket To Nigeria From Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.