Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? (11024 Views)

12 Years With HIV - Lady Marks World AIDS Day (Pictures) / World AIDS Day: African Countries With The Highest Number Of HIV/AIDS Patients / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by hAlexandro(m): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2017
frenzyduchess:
thanks dear, enjoy the rest of your day
same here be fruitful
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 01, 2017
imhotep:

with horrible side effects

The side effects usually go after a few weeks. Some people don't even feel them.

I wish we had a cure. But the problem is that HIV is a virus, and most viruses have no cure.

Anyway, if you have been exposed to HIV from a known infected person and take antiretrovirals for a month, starting within 48 hours of the exposure, you will clear the infection from yet body. Post exposure prophylaxis.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 01, 2017
imhotep:

with horrible side effects
Anyone who has adverse effects should visit the doctor, the side effects would either be taken care of or the drugs changed. Those under treatment for HIV should ideally live a healthy life like any other person.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 01, 2017
9jakohai:

The side effects usually go after a few weeks. Some people don't even feel them.

I wish we had a cure. But the problem is that HIV is a virus, and most viruses have no cure.

Anyway, if you have been exposed to HIV from a known infected person and take antiretrovirals for a month, starting within 48 hours of the exposure, you will clear the infection from yet body. Post exposure prophylaxis.
ok fair enough. But we need the input of people like abalaka
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Austin234(m): 8:23am On Dec 01, 2017
As much as i believe in miracle does not mean i believe invoking the virus on the victim. Through prayers many HIV positives has been turned negative
Frenchfriez:

9jakohai has explained the scientific angle buh I should add that you're as good as your beliefs. If you believe in 'higher' powers , if you believe those who said their HIV was cured through prayers from their pastors and all that, then your answer is "Yes"
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Tetragramaton(m): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Austin234:
How true is this: HIV can be invoked into body of an innocent person? Matured comments pls

Yes. Besides such people end up testing negative again after series of prayers and deliverance. My family doctor who is a relative confirmed that it seems people are beginning to beat the virus. Cus according to scientist, its not curable but how some people turn negative after some months and some years still beats the imagination of the doctors. The only explanation they give is that there was a wrong diagnosis from the beginning. Like a case of a lady who did the test in four different hospitals , and they all came out positive and was introduced to retrovirals immediately Cus the lady was falling sick. Although the lady could not say how and where she got it and insisted that her last two sexual partners within two years did not have it. Note that the virus does not survive outside the body so getting it through needles and the rest is quite a small percentage. And she insisted that she is not careless with sharp objects. But the doctor kept saying she was insisting that it was spiritual. They all kept laughing it off that there is nothing spiritual about HIV. My family doctor said she continued using the drugs and went for deliverance and after 4 months during their routine lab test to no the viral load, and her cd4 count. Her viral load was zero and her immunity was very high and she started testing negative and that she comes every six months as advised for the past two years and she has been testing negative with no viral load. The doctor and their team are still surprised but she told them she went for deliverance that she was sure she did not get it sexually or otherwise.

The issue is that so many people don't like doctors using them for research and that remains the major problem to finding a breakthrough for HIV. There are many undocumented people turning negative using immunity boosting herbal supplements but because of the stigma they remain silent and oyinbo doctors still belief only one person have turned out negative which is a lie. Many people are beating the virus.

3 Likes

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by NwaChibuzor13: 8:40am On Dec 01, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Yes, went in October ,I don't know why people are scared to do HIV test,the earlier you know your status the better for you , I once did it to get free condoms for a neighbor, he said he liked the type that society for family health gives out, and they have recognized his face ,so he asked me to do it so we will share the condom grin
he asked u to get free condoms so he can use it to phuck u well.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by calliope(f): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2017
Yes. 8days ago, made it, four consecutive times I had taken the test. smiley
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by AHCB: 8:53am On Dec 01, 2017
calliope:
Yes. 8days ago made it, four consecutive times I had taken the test. smiley
my oh my. Boy, aren't you sexually active, just like me. grin grin
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by newslifeop: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2017
Oh
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by omojeesu(m): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2017
Good!

Glutathione can help the HIV infected and AIDS sufferers.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by omojeesu(m): 9:03am On Dec 01, 2017
ONE WAY TO HELP HIV VICTIMS IS TO HELP THEM BOOST THEIR GLUTATHIONE LEVELS.

Tetragramaton:

Yes. Besides such people end up testing negative again after series of prayers and deliverance. My family doctor who is a relative confirmed that it seems people are beginning to beat the virus. Cus according to scientist, its not curable but how some people turn negative after some months and some years still beats the imagination of the doctors. The only explanation they give is that there was a wrong diagnosis from the beginning. Like a case of a lady who did the test in four different hospitals , and they all came out positive and was introduced to retrovirals immediately Cus the lady was falling sick. Although the lady could not say how and where she got it and insisted that her last two sexual partners within two years did not have it. Note that the virus does not survive outside the body so getting it through needles and the rest is quite a small percentage. And she insisted that she is not careless with sharp objects. But the doctor kept saying she was insisting that it was spiritual. They all kept laughing it off that there is nothing spiritual about HIV. My family doctor said she continued using the drugs and went for deliverance and after 4 months during their routine lab test to no the viral load, and her cd4 count. Her viral load was zero and her immunity was very high and she started testing negative and that she comes every six months as advised for the past two years and she has been testing negative with no viral load. The doctor and their team are still surprised but she told them she went for deliverance that she was sure she did not get it sexually or otherwise.

The issue is that so many people don't like doctors using them for research and that remains the major problem to finding a breakthrough for HIV. There are many undocumented people turning negative using immunity boosting herbal supplements but because of the stigma they remain silent and oyinbo doctors still belief only one person have turned out negative which is a lie. Many people are beating the virus.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by ichommy(m): 9:13am On Dec 01, 2017
Funjosh:
Did it thrice this year. cool

mine nah every 90 Days. Did 3 days ago self.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Tetragramaton(m): 9:15am On Dec 01, 2017
omojeesu:
ONE WAY TO HELP HIV VICTIMS IS TO HELP THEM BOOST THEIR GLUTATHIONE LEVELS.

Yes and it is already been used in asia. Alternative therapy. There are so many cases that my relative told me about. All doctors are saying is that it is wrong diagnosis ie false positive results and that there are so many things that can cause wrong diagnosis. That sometimes even common malaria in the system can make an HIV antibody test show positive. Other diseases are auto immune diseases such as Diseases that has to do with immune system, herpes simplex, diabetes, lupus, and some other funny diseases that has affected the result of HIV status. It is advised to do it in a well recognised hospital Cus a false positive result is very dangerous.

Abroad before they confirm someone has HIV, they must have done several other test to make sure nothing is interfering with the HIV test. But here sometimes they use outdated test materials, materials that are not kept according to temperature etc and then cause untold hardships and fear to the unfortunate people. There are many cases of false positive results. I don't no why relevant authorities are not talking about it.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Afamed: 9:26am On Dec 01, 2017
Austin234:
How true is this: HIV can be invoked into body of an innocent person? Matured comments pls
Practically 100% impossible.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 01, 2017
Austin234:
As much as i believe in miracle does not mean i believe invoking the virus on the victim. Through prayers many HIV positives has been turned negative
Brother, you have your beliefs, so do others. Many out there consider as scams what you describe as miracles.
Let's not consider our beliefs and orientation superior to others, just because we do not believe in them. As far as extra-terrestrial powers are involved, miraculous healing and invocation are on the same pedestal.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by DonBobes(m): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2017
Please don't make me narrate my experience wen I went for my HIV test . I beg of u please, dat experience is nothing to write home about please.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by placeofallure(f): 10:01am On Dec 01, 2017
Yes I have been tested severally, like about four times now and each time, I wasn't scared. When I was pregnant, I had to do one. Then another time when I was to undergo surgery. I remember I also did one out of my own volition. In all nothing to be scared of when you live within the codes of conduct.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2017
Omo I don check before,it's not as scary as people think jare,people dey die from auto accident,heck people dey Sidon for house when car ram into their houses or plane drop for dia head,if you notice you get HIV soon you still get chance to live long than most people,e better you know say you get am than to just dey dry up dey die coded and spreading it.plus e sweet when you and your barney run the test every 6 months and dey clean and faithful to each other,una go fvck una sef die.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by albacete(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2017
All of u that are always checking your HIV status every 6 months, sooner than later, you will find what you have been looking for all these while. grin
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Foxykevo(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2017
Tetragramaton:

Please note that, once someone is on ARV for up to a year and so and the person is adhereing to the drugs.. The viral load in the person will become undedicable but once and if the person go for a test it will comes out negative.. Once that person stop the drugs Mhen that the wrost of if coz the virus will multiply itself very fast... N the possibility of first line drugs it's very slim... Saying such coz I have seen several cases of such people
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2017
Trollita:
Care to tell me the joke so I can also laugh?
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Tonytonex(m): 11:18am On Dec 01, 2017
frenzyduchess:
no, it's still in my bag sef,i said neighbour, or you think everyone is like you that hovers around that your neighbor's daughter like a fly that has seen sh1t? Loose humans who think everyone is as morally bankrupt as they are undecided
LOL! l am not who you think l am.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Tonytonex(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2017
ichommy:

LOL grin
ichommy:

LOL
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Johnsown1(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2017
not ready
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
Tonytonex:
LOL! l am not who you think l am.
then why would you think so low of another human being? Does that mean you are cynical ?,well next time learn to give others a benefit of doubt,have a nice day
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by calliope(f): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
AHCB:
my oh my. Boy, aren't you sexually active, just like me. grin grin
Lol. getting slutty these days, aren't we? grin but on a serious note, it's safer to keep in check with these things, just in case wink

Been a while Joe.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Wrex6billion(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2017
No and i will never
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by omojeesu(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
How rampant false positives occur we don't know. But diagnosis must be comprehensive including clinical presentations.

Profit is ultimately the motivation on the part of the diagnostic and drug companies.

God help humanity. At the moment too many people take their health for granted until they lose it. Then put their entire trust on the established system for help.

Tetragramaton:

Yes and it is already been used in asia. Alternative therapy. There are so many cases that my relative told me about. All doctors are saying is that it is wrong diagnosis ie false positive results and that there are so many things that can cause wrong diagnosis. That sometimes even common malaria in the system can make an HIV antibody test show positive. Other diseases are auto immune diseases such as Diseases that has to do with immune system, herpes simplex, diabetes, lupus, and some other funny diseases that has affected the result of HIV status. It is advised to do it in a well recognised hospital Cus a false positive result is very dangerous.

Abroad before they confirm someone has HIV, they must have done several other test to make sure nothing is interfering with the HIV test. But here sometimes they use outdated test materials, materials that are not kept according to temperature etc and then cause untold hardships and fear to the unfortunate people. There are many cases of false positive results. I don't no why relevant authorities are not talking about it.

1 Like

Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by AHCB: 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
calliope:

Lol. getting slutty these days, aren't we? grin but on a serious note, it's safer to keep in check with these things, just in case wink

Been a while Joe.
slutty? grin yea, it's safer that's why I bought my own H.I.V kit.

Yea, been a while. You went AWOL. How you though?
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by Tetragramaton(m): 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
Foxykevo:

Please note that, once someone is on ARV for up to a year and so and the person is adhereing to the drugs.. The viral load in the person will become undedicable but once and if the person go for a test it will comes out negative.. Once that person stop the drugs Mhen that the wrost of if coz the virus will multiply itself very fast... N the possibility of first line drugs it's very slim... Saying such coz I have seen several cases of such people

Undetectable does not mean negative. Once positive it is assumed that the person is positive forever and will always be testing positive even though the viral load is undetectatble. but in very rare occassions which I was told after so many years using arvs the person might start testing negative to which the doctors do another kind of first generation test and those test actually show the remnants of the virus in the body. Scientist are unable to totally eradicate it from the body system that is why there is no cure till today.

But My argument is not for such cases. It's for cases who viral loads reads 0.00 after being positive for so many years and even had viral loads in millions. How are such people able to beat it to zero and become negative for a long time. Undetectable cases still have some viruses in their system but there are some whose viral load goes to 0 and remains like that which means there is no virus in their system. makes doctors believe it was a false positive result initially or people are actually beating the disease in some way.
Re: Today Is World Aids Day. Have You ever Gone For an Hiv Test? by romme2u: 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
frenzyduchess:
It's still in my bag

ok i am coming over cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Cure Ever For Baldness And Hair Growth / Bayelsa To Pay Pregnant Women Monthly Stipends - Rachel Dickson / Enugu State Ministry Of Health Releases Details Of COVID-19 Cases In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.