Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped (26066 Views)

Nigerian Atheist Whatsapp Group / Why Are Nigerian Atheist Cowards? / Atheist, Maobi Carl Freed After His Abduction & Being Taken To Psychiatric Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by bluecircle470: 11:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
Casinger:
Please DELETE those TWO words JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES OP, because..NO we do not pressurize people to change their religion.

We avoid pressuring people for the following reasons:

*Jesus never pressured people to accept his teachings. He knew that relatively few would respond to his message. ( Matthew 7:13, 14 )

*Jesus taught his followers not to push others to change their beliefs. Instead of trying to force people to accept the good
news of the Kingdom against their will, his disciples were to look for listeners who were receptive.— Matthew 10:7, 11-14 .

*Conversions made under compulsion are meaningless, since God only accepts worship that comes from the heart.—
Deuteronomy 6:4, 5; Matthew 22:37, 38 .

However, those accusations are false. We do not try to force our beliefs on anyone. Instead, we believe that people should be allowed to take in knowledge so that they may make an informed choice.

We do not coerce people into changing religions, nor do we carry out political activity under the guise of religion or offer material or
social advantages to gain new members. This is in contrast to some who claim to be Christian but have dishonored Christ by doing such things.

To know more about Jehovah's witnesses please kindly visit https://www.jw.org/en/

Thank you!

very correct! I am a proud Jehovah's Witnesses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by DavidEsq(m): 5:11am On Dec 02, 2017
danvon:
yeah so are you but like I said when we die we'll know who was right and who was brainwashed
Pls read Ecclesiastics 9:5-6.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by DavidEsq(m): 5:25am On Dec 02, 2017
hfeetham0:
Wen u commented, I believe u wr not required to make certain religious declarations that amounted to abandoning ur faith. That freedom to express urself according to ur faith, without being made to feel like a renegade is the gift that only true religion (Worship) offers.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by unitysheart(m): 6:03am On Dec 02, 2017
Edu3Again:

Defend the points I raised no need to yab.

Why is ur founder buried under a pyramid

Whose founder? What did you smoke?
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by BlaQWolf: 6:26am On Dec 02, 2017
cherryice:
leave me alone

Actually want to talk to you on something .. Can't disclose here, you will be kind enough to hear me out first.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 6:57am On Dec 02, 2017
DavidEsq:

Pls read Ecclesiastics 9:5-6.
I've heard that one a lot in the bible God refers to those who are saved as the living he refers to the unsaved as the dead, for those who will be saved know that they will die they don't attach themselves to this world, but the unsaved know nothing, if you need proof of heaven and hell read Luke chapter 16 vs 20-27
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by DavidEsq(m): 7:09am On Dec 02, 2017
danvon:
I've heard that one a lot in the bible God refers to those who are saved as the living he refers to the unsaved as the dead, for those who will be saved know that they will die they don't attach themselves to this world, but the unsaved know nothing, if you need proof of heaven and hell read Luke chapter 16 vs 20-27
In the scripture u quoted, did Jesus Christ mention that the rich man was a sinner (I guess u and ur church just assumed that part into the verse) or that lazarus was righteous(u also assumed that part here too abi?)? And pls don't quote the part of a camel and a needle eye, cos in all the parable of that rich man who asked his soul to rest and enjoy, the picture was clear: He placed his hopes and life on his earthly belongings and in Jesus dialogue with the oda rich man whom he as to give off his wealth, the rich man's response was wat led to the camel an needle eye analogy and not the mere fact that the man was rich.
Jesus Christ had never given a parable that had blank spaces for us to assume facts into the parable. Check all his parables. Here, he wasn't talking about hell at all.
So back to my kweshon.......cld u answer it pls?
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 7:22am On Dec 02, 2017
DavidEsq:

In the scripture u quoted, did Jesus Christ mention that the rich man was a sinner (I guess u and ur church just assumed that part into the verse) or that lazarus was righteous(u also assumed that part here too abi?)? And pls don't quote the part of a camel and a needle eye, cos in all the parable of that rich man who asked his soul to rest and enjoy, the picture was clear: He placed his hopes and life on his earthly belongings and in Jesus dialogue with the oda rich man whom he as to give off his wealth, the rich man's response was wat led to the camel an needle eye analogy and not the mere fact that the man was rich.
Jesus Christ had never given a parable that had blank spaces for us to assume facts into the parable. Check all his parables. Here, he wasn't talking about hell at all.
So back to my kweshon.......cld u answer it pls?
first that wasn't a parable it was reality when Jesus tells us parables he uses a man in a certain town, but here he gives a detailed explanation even using names Abraham Lazarus, the rich man went to hell because he saw a poor man starve to death in front of him knowing fully well he could have helped him he was all dis I don't care people and nobody like that is suited for heaven, hell is more proper, so ur trying to say there is no hell? well "the dead know nothing"
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Edu3Again: 8:31am On Dec 02, 2017
unitysheart:

The founder of the cult called Jehovah Witnesses is Charles Russell .
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

Wikipedia clearly states his tombstone is a pyramid.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Xisnin(m): 8:44am On Dec 02, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Then I am sorry to say that you are the illiterate. A psychiatrist will also not "detain" a sane person. If indeed he is sane he has nothing to fear. Those who took him there have demonstrated that they have proper education from the information we have. It is you who is making uneducated assumptions. Just because he is an atheist does not mean he is immune to mental illness. We all are. Even the rejection he must have suffered from his family members for being an atheist openly can drive him insane if he is genetically prone to mental illness.
You guys need to calm down. You are beginning to look like feminists who interpret every single thing as male oppression.

You lack comprehension skills and are very myopic in thinking,
Psychiatrists can detain you indefinitely if they have the
proper motivation: monetary or repaying favours.
How do we know you are not mentally insane yourself?
Just because you are a theist doesn't make you immune to
mental illness. Even the constant talking and shouting at
invisible entities could drive you insane if you are genetically
prone to mental illness. I therefore recommend that you
admit yourself to a mental institution to ascertain your sanity.
And about your last sentence, that says it all, it is almost impossible
for a theist to discuss issues without bringing irrelevant issue to
buttress their bigotry.
Are you being haunted by the ghost of feminists? That may be another
sign of mental illness.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by grandstar(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2017
Casinger:
Please DELETE those TWO words JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES OP, because..NO we do not pressurize people to change their religion.

We avoid pressuring people for the following reasons:

*Jesus never pressured people to accept his teachings. He knew that relatively few would respond to his message. ( Matthew 7:13, 14 )

*Jesus taught his followers not to push others to change their beliefs. Instead of trying to force people to accept the good
news of the Kingdom against their will, his disciples were to look for listeners who were receptive.— Matthew 10:7, 11-14 .

*Conversions made under compulsion are meaningless, since God only accepts worship that comes from the heart.—
Deuteronomy 6:4, 5; Matthew 22:37, 38 .

However, those accusations are false. We do not try to force our beliefs on anyone. Instead, we believe that people should be allowed to take in knowledge so that they may make an informed choice.

We do not coerce people into changing religions, nor do we carry out political activity under the guise of religion or offer material or
social advantages to gain new members. This is in contrast to some who claim to be Christian but have dishonored Christ by doing such things.

To know more about Jehovah's witnesses please kindly visit https://www.jw.org/en/

Thank you!

Thank you so much for this
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2017
Xisnin:

You lack comprehension skills and are very myopic in thinking,
Psychiatrists can detain you indefinitely if they have the
proper motivation: monetary or repaying favours.
How do we know you are not mentally insane yourself?
Just because you are a theist doesn't make you immune to
mental illness. Even the constant talking and shouting at
invisible entities could drive you insane if you are genetically
prone to mental illness. I therefore recommend that you
admit yourself to a mental institution to ascertain your sanity.
And about your last sentence, that says it all, it is almost impossible
for a theist to discuss issues without bringing irrelevant issue to
buttress their bigotry.
Are you being haunted by the ghost of feminists? That may be another
sign of mental illness.
I lack comprehension skills? You assumed the guy is not insane without the poster proving it. You assume also that the psychiatrist is in connivance with people to keep a sane man in a mental hospital without it being proven in the post, and you also called me theist without me saying I am and you tell me I lack comprehension skills?
You are a real asset to the atheist community.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by tohpahz(f): 11:50am On Dec 02, 2017
BlaQWolf:

Where in the world have you been?
Just been here
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by hfeetham0(f): 12:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
DavidEsq:

Wen u commented, I believe u wr not required to make certain religious declarations that amounted to abandoning ur faith. That freedom to express urself according to ur faith, without being made to feel like a renegade is the gift that only true religion (Worship) offers.
I am not the owner or in anyway affiliated to the owner of this forum..
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by DavidEsq(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
danvon:
first that wasn't a parable it was reality when Jesus tells us parables he uses a man in a certain town, but here he gives a detailed explanation even using names Abraham Lazarus, the rich man went to hell because he saw a poor man starve to death in front of him knowing fully well he could have helped him he was all dis I don't care people and nobody like that is suited for heaven, hell is more proper, so ur trying to say there is no hell? well "the dead know nothing"
Ur failure to answer my questions that could have raised valid posers in ur mind speaks volumes
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by DavidEsq(m): 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2017
danvon:
The only places in the bible wr the living wr referred to as dead was in the new testament, which is the fulfilment of the promise of a saviour. The old testament made such reference.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by DavidEsq(m): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
hfeetham0:
I am not the owner or in anyway affiliated to the owner of this forum..
I never asked who the owner is. The devil is powerful sha
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
DavidEsq:

Ur failure to answer my questions that could have raised valid posers in ur mind speaks volumes
I don't know if ur an atheist or ur a Jehovah witness but ur so indirect u told me to read ecc u didn't ask me any question even if hell appears in d new testament does that mean it doesn't appear in d bible ur confusing pls don't quote me again with indirect nonsense and its in the old testament anyway proverb 15vs24, 7vs27, 9vs18 5vs5 it compares life with heaven and death with hell so I don't know what ur talking about but since ur Jehovah witness I bet u don't have a king James bible
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by bionixs: 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
BlackManta:

Coman drag me for deliverance na
village man. European wannabe
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by hfeetham0(f): 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2017
DavidEsq:

I never asked who the owner is. The devil is powerful sha
ok
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by BlackManta(m): 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2017
bionixs:
village man. European wannabe

You call me an european wannabe
Have you forgotten that the christianity you hold on to...came from Europe undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
BlackManta:

Have you forgotten that the christianity you hold on to...came from Europe undecided

Loooool grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by bionixs: 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
BlackManta:

oga atheist ,the end of the matter is PSALM 14:1 ,“The FOOL says in his heart, ‘There is no God.’ They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no-one who does good.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by unitysheart(m): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2017
Edu3Again:

The founder of the cult called Jehovah Witnesses is Charles Russell .
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

Wikipedia clearly states his tombstone is a pyramid.

You are rambling. Arrange yourself.
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by Edu3Again: 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
unitysheart:

You are rambling. Arrange yourself.

Spiritual things come across as rambling.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

unitysheart:

Charles Russell is the founder of the cult called Jehovah Witnesses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I can prove the god you're talking about doesn't exist! this is why I tell theists to tell us fully what they mean by "God"

but for the proof of a nonpersonal god, I'll prove it doesn't exist after you've proven a pink elephant does not exist
sorry for quoting you today but pink elephants do exis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq2H1CjEktg
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by danvon(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
Now it's ur turn to prove God doesn't exist
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by unitysheart(m): 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
Edu3Again:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Mumu.

Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by unitysheart(m): 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
Edu3Again:

Mumu.

M U M U
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by tohpahz(f): 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2017
BlaQWolf:

Where in the world have you been?
Here dear
Re: Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped by MaobiCarl(f): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5455953/public-notice-former-nigerian-atheist

From Maobi Carl. Myself

I wish to be identified henceforth as a member of God's only chosen earthly organisation "jehovah's witnesses"

Me, tagging as one Nigeria's Atheist belongs to the past.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Seminarian Onyekachukwu Martins Converts Nonbelievers To Christians In Akwa Ibom / Is It Right To Pray Before Having Sex With Your Boyfriend/girlfriend? / Who Created God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.