Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,143 members, 7,953,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:03 PM

Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? (10248 Views)

Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Gays & Lesbians Are Sinners And They Will Go To Hell If... / Nigeria Popular Pastors That May Lead You To Hell If You Follow Their Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
[size=13pt]lol @ Oliver twist. . . . grin grin , i have read that novel. i liked reading the where he ask for more! wink[/size]
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by afiq(m): 11:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
The anti-baptism folks will say anything(even twisting the Bible) to defend their ignorance.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by InesQor(m): 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2010
afiq:

The anti-baptism folks will say anything(even twisting the Bible) to defend their ignorance.
For the record, I am not an anti-baptist. IN FACT, I attend a Baptist Church and I got baptized when i got born again over a decade ago. cool

Where I have a problem is when people say that without a PHYSICAL act of baptism, a SPIRITUAL benefit of salvation will never accrue?

When did faith become so trivial and physical? angry
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2010
InesQor:

For the record, I am not an anti-baptist. IN FACT, I attend a Baptist Church and I got baptized when i got born again over a decade ago. cool

Where I have a problem is when people say that without a PHYSICAL act of baptism, a SPIRITUAL benefit of salvation will never accrue?

When did faith become so trivial and physical? angry

faith has ALWAYS been physical, to a very large extent. why disobey someone u have faith in?
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by InesQor(m): 11:47pm On Mar 31, 2010
noetic16:

faith has ALWAYS been physical, to a very large extent. why disobey someone u have faith in?
Noetic, faith has always been physical?

Faith is FIRST spiritual, but it has physical manifestations. When you put the physical traits first before the spiritual change, you have lost the essence of the truth!

Nobody is talking about disobedience. We are saying that statements like "baptism is the necessary requisite for salvation" will make people put their confidence in baptism!!!!

WHERE IS YOUR CONFIDENCE? In Christ or in a Splash-dash of water?
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by InesQor(m): 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
There are people who believed in Christ and His gospel and it became accounted to them as righteousness by faith, but NOT because of disobedience, but for one reason or the other never get to be baptised. They end up in hell?
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
InesQor:

Noetic, faith has always been physical?

Faith is FIRST spiritual, but it has physical manifestations. When you put the physical traits first before the spiritual change, you have lost the essence of the truth!

Nobody is talking about disobedience. We are saying that statements like "baptism is the necessary requisite for salvation" will make people put their confidence in baptism!!!!

WHERE IS YOUR CONFIDENCE? In Christ or in a Splash-dash of water?

You miss the point.

1. Faith has always been physical to a large extent becuase that was the design of God. That through our walk with we have testimonies that attest to our faith.

A. Noah had faith that a flood would come. . . . , the flood came . . . , his faith became physical

B. Moses had faith that God would do as He said. . . , moses spread forth his rod. . . .the sea parted . . . . .his faith became physical

C. The same goes with Elijah and the rain, Elisha and Jordan, David and Goliath . . .it is the design of God that u experience a PHYSICAL TANGIBLE and LIVING FAITH

2. My faith is NOT in the splash of water, but in He who asked me to splash the water.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 12:00am On Apr 01, 2010
InesQor:

There are people who believed in Christ and His gospel and it became accounted to them as righteousness by faith, but NOT because of disobedience, but for one reason or the other never get to be baptised. They end up in hell?

muslims also believe in Christ. . .are they saved? is it accounted to them unto righteousness? please be objective
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by InesQor(m): 12:31am On Apr 01, 2010
noetic16:

muslims also believe in Christ. . .are they saved? is it accounted to them unto righteousness? please be objective
Please tell me you are joking, noetic? Do Muslims believe in Christ? What does it mean to believe in Christ?

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

I can't believe you are saying all of this just to push your argument.

Now, tell me, does this mean that a heathen man dying on his sickbed, no matter how much you preach the Gospel to him, will never get to heaven if he believes your message and he accepts Christ, and it is accounted to him as righteousness by faith in God? For his salvation to be complete, the nurses have to let in the fireman's hose through the window so that this paraplegic man whose mortal body is wasting away on the bed, can be BAPTISED by soaking immersion? Otherwise there is no need preaching to some people who cannot leave their sick beds because if they die there they will never get to heaven anyway without baptism.

Come off it. You've got to be kidding me. undecided
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 1:20am On Apr 01, 2010
InesQor:

Please tell me you are joking, noetic? Do Muslims believe in Christ? What does it mean to believe in Christ?

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

I can't believe you are saying all of this just to push your argument.

Now, tell me, does this mean that a heathen man dying on his sickbed, no matter how much you preach the Gospel to him, will never get to heaven if he believes your message and he accepts Christ, and it is accounted to him as righteousness by faith in God? For his salvation to be complete, the nurses have to let in the fireman's hose through the window so that this paraplegic man whose mortal body is wasting away on the bed, can be BAPTISED by soaking immersion? Otherwise there is no need preaching to some people who cannot leave their sick beds because if they die there they will never get to heaven anyway without baptism.

Come off it. You've got to be kidding me. undecided

I used the muslim scenario to highlight just how iimited ur scope of understanding the word "BELIEVE" is.
If muslims do not believe in JC. . . . .fair enough. Christians believe in JC. . .how?. . .by obeying His word.

why is that so hard to deduce?
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by InesQor(m): 1:33am On Apr 01, 2010
noetic16:

I used the muslim scenario to highlight just how iimited your scope of understanding the word "BELIEVE" is.
If muslims do not believe in JC. . . . .fair enough. Christians believe in JC. . .how?. . .by obeying His word.

why is that so hard to deduce?
You seem to be delighting yourself in putting the cart before the horse.

Christians DON'T believe in Jesus Christ BY obeying His Word. Rather they OBEY His Word because they BELIEVE in Jesus Christ.

2Co 4:13 Yet we have the same spirit of faith as he had who wrote, I have believed, and therefore have I spoken. We too believe, and therefore we speak, [Ps. 116:10.]

Did you read that? We BELIEVE and therefore we speak. It's not the physical actions that express the spiritual intents, it's the reverse.

We BELIEVE and therefore we get baptized. If in between believing and baptism we are called home, we have fulfilled the pre-requisite for the reward of our faithful belief, accounted as our righteousness.

I see how you skilfully dodged the scenario about preaching to paraplegic "vegetables" who desire to be born again but cannot get off their beds and get baptized. Una well done. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by nopuqeater: 2:08am On Apr 01, 2010
Noetic and InesQor: While you are fighting each other, by Allah's Will, I am please to see your confusions. I am here presenting to you Paul's cancellation of Baptism by a disbeliever lik me marrying a "Chrstian". Paul also killed, the belief in Jesus, yet as a disbeliever who at least dies while maried to Christian is "Purified and Sanctified" and oh, no Hell but easy stroll to Christian Heaven. So men, I am good to go; With the global financial situation, we muslims will marry christian spouses and call it a night, while our children are muslims, too. Jesus and Paul will have to argue this one out between themselves;

1 Corinthians 7:12-14 (King James Version)

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by InesQor(m): 2:27am On Apr 01, 2010
@olabowale the No Pork Eater:

Your submission above has NOTHING to do with baptism.

Besides, when Paul says the heathen husband is sanctified by the wife, it does not refer to an eternal salvation, but an earth-based protection for the wife's sake.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by deluxecad(m): 6:29am On Apr 01, 2010
I heard a teaching about how water baptism(by immersion) is the final separation from the world by a christian believer. It really got me thinking, can someone be separated in real essence from the world while still living upon the earth rife with the very sins that once beset him or that he would still fall to? If one after identifying with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ by water baptism and still falls to sin, what other hope does he have left?
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by CrudeOil2(m): 7:53am On Apr 01, 2010
There is no hell.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2010
InesQor:

You seem to be delighting yourself in putting the cart before the horse.

Christians DON'T believe in Jesus Christ BY obeying His Word. Rather they OBEY His Word because they BELIEVE in Jesus Christ.

This has been my submission all along. , . . .

We BELIEVE and therefore we get baptized. If in between believing and baptism we are called home, we have fulfilled the pre-requisite for the reward of our faithful belief, accounted as our righteousness.

So for a person who refuses to get baptised. . . .we can safely say he/she does not believe.

I see how you skilfully dodged the scenario about preaching to paraplegic "vegetables" who desire to be born again but cannot get off their beds and get baptized. Una well done. undecided undecided undecided

I dodged nothing, . . I probably never saw it. . . .since u could not answer my own questions/posers.

Baptism can be done even on a sick or dying bed. . . he does not have to be fully immersed in water. ur submission here is of no value to the discourse.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 9:33am On Apr 01, 2010
nopuqeater:

Noetic and InesQor: While you are fighting each other, by Allah's Will, I am please to see your confusions. I am here presenting to you Paul's cancellation of Baptism by a disbeliever lik me marrying a "Chrstian". Paul also killed, the belief in Jesus, yet as a disbeliever who at least dies while maried to Christian is "Purified and Sanctified" and oh, no Hell but easy stroll to Christian Heaven. So men, I am good to go; With the global financial situation, we muslims will marry christian spouses and call it a night, while our children are muslims, too. Jesus and Paul will have to argue this one out between themselves;

1 Corinthians 7:12-14 (King James Version)

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

what has this got to do with the thread?
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by InesQor(m): 9:37am On Apr 01, 2010
@noetic: It is obvious that you miss my points. I am not talking about someone who REFUSES to get baptized, but someone who one way or the other, does not get to get baptized. An inadvertent case, and not a deliberate case of disobedience. Does the person go to hell?
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 9:49am On Apr 01, 2010
InesQor:

@noetic: It is obvious that you miss my points. I am not talking about someone who REFUSES to get baptized, but someone who one way or the other, does not get to get baptized. An inadvertent case, and not a deliberate case of disobedience. Does the person go to hell?

An inadvertent case remains an inadvertent case . . , , except the person was indifferent to baptism which also means disobedience.
Its not about baptism perse. . , .but more about obedience.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by Tonyet1(m): 11:05am On Apr 01, 2010
@Jesoul,

My reason for asking you if you think Paradise and Heaven meant the same place was simply base on your notion when you said "If baptism was the prerequiste for Heaven then how come the thief made his way to Paradise?".

And i was straight to tell you that your misinterpretation of paradise as heaven could be wrong,
because Paradise and heaven both mean different things and thus are different places.

Where is Paradise? PARADISE

(par'-a-dis) (pardec; paradeisos):

Is a word with Persian origin meaning a garden where trees and shrubs are planted, used to imply the Garden of Eden. See GARDEN . The word occurs in the Hebrew Scriptures but 3 times: (from International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, Electronic Database Copyright © 1996, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

The book of Revelation made it clearer this way,

Rev 2:7 - To him who overcomes (is victorious), I will grant to eat [of the fruit] of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.[/b]AMP

At least you and I know that the tree of Life was in no other place except the garden of Eden. Heaven was not where the Thief went to, but rather Paradise (the origin of man's perfection).

Thus therefore, Water Baptism is a necessity for anyone who wants to make the kingdom of God,

John 3:5- [b]Jesus answered
, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, unless a man is born of water and [even] the Spirit, [b]he cannot enter the kingdom of God[/b]AMP
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by deluxecad(m): 11:52am On Apr 01, 2010
I appreciate the responses so far. I need someone to throw some light on which one of these is the authentic form of baptism: 1. The sprinkling on of water as practised mostly by the Catholic. 2. Immersion or dipping into water. A Catholic friend told me that the former is the real one, but Jesus was dipped into water as the bible teaches. Hmmm!
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by aletheia(m): 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2010
@noetic
noetic16:

There are two things here.

1. We get saved by faith. Faith is however not an abstract thing. The will of God is to substantiate our faith from belief to reality. . . .this process entails a walk with God. This walk starts at the point of salvation.

2. The ticket for that walk is BAPTISM. baptism is a physical expression of the faith we have in the death and resurrection of JC. its NOT baptism in itself but the OBEDIENCE involved.

In the same vain, I could ask u, that since muslims claim to believe in JC. . ,  are they also saved?

I don't see how some of what you wrote above is different from what I wrote earlier viz:

Here's my tuppence:

If your argument is along the lines of James in his epistle
Jas 2:17-18  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
then one can argue that a genuinely saved man or woman will be baptized in obedience to the command of Christ. But then one is not saved or regenerated by the act of baptism but rather by faith in Jesus of Nazareth. As the scriptures do testify:
Eph 2:8,9  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

But I will disagree with you on this assertion: The ticket for that walk is BAPTISM.
What then do you make of this scripture:
John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Is baptism the ticket through which we come to Father? Were Enoch and Abraham baptized in their walk with God
Rom 4:1-3  What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
Abraham lived under d jewish era,circumcision was what made someone a jew in d OT.Dis was replaced by baptism under d christian era
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 12:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
aletheia:

@noetic
I don't see how some of what you wrote above is different from what I wrote earlier viz:then one can argue that a genuinely saved man or woman will be baptized in obedience to the command of Christ. But then one is not saved or regenerated by the act of baptism but rather by faith in Jesus of Nazareth. As the scriptures do testify:

Fair enough.

But I will disagree with you on this assertion: The ticket for that walk is BAPTISM.
What then do you make of this scripture:Is baptism the ticket through which we come to Father? Were Enoch and Abraham baptized in their walk with God

You need to re-read what I wrote. I emphasised that it is NOT baptism in itself. . . but OBEDIENCE.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by aletheia(m): 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2010
^^^
And so we arrive at the point that: faith---->obedience
These acts of obedience arising from faith will include; being baptized, loving your neighbour, etc.
One is not justified by baptism or other "works" but by FAITH. And FAITH will be obvious in OBEDIENCE. As Jesus says make a TREE GOOD and its FRUIT will be GOOD.
I think the difference in positions arise from you holding that baptism is an act of faith (obedience) that is absolutely necessary, in contrast to those who would hold that baptism is just an act of faith like others such as loving the brethren (please correct me if I am wrong). There is a dynamic tension here which needs to be borne in mind when considering questions of this sort.

Php 2:12-13 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 1:15pm On Apr 01, 2010
aletheia:

^^^
And so we arrive at the point that: faith---->obedience
These acts of obedience arising from faith will include; being baptized, loving your neighbour, etc.
One is not justified by baptism or other "works" but by FAITH. And FAITH will be obvious in OBEDIENCE. As Jesus says make a TREE GOOD and its FRUIT will be GOOD.

True.

I think the difference in positions arise from you holding that baptism is an act of faith (obedience) that is absolutely necessary, in contrast to those who would hold that baptism is just an act of faith like others such as loving the brethren (please correct me if I am wrong). There is a dynamic tension here which needs to be borne in mind when considering questions of this sort.

Bro, I have said this over and over again.
Faith is exercised by obedience to JC . . , .JC commands that all who are saved MUST be baptised. . . , baptism is therefore an expression of faith.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by Tonyet1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
noetic16:

Faith is exercised by obedience to JC . . , .[size=14pt]JC commands that all who are saved MUST be baptised[/size]. . . , baptism is therefore an expression of faith.

I wonder if they think JC was drunk when He made that statement or maybe HE MADE THAT STATEMENT FOR THE FUN/RIDICULE OF HIS MINISTRY. NL christians will never seize to surprise.
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2010
The Washing of Regeneration

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" (Titus 3:5).

The word "washing" (Greek, loutron) is used only twice in the New Testament. There is the "washing of regeneration," as in our text, and the washing in the Scriptures: "Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word" (Ephesians 5:25-26).

Since both the Word and Spirit of God are also said to be the effective agents in accomplishing the miracle of regeneration (see I Peter 1:23—"being born again . . . by the word of God," and John 3:7-8[i]—"Ye must be born again. . . . born of the Spirit"[/i]), it is clear that the washing of regeneration is synonymous, symbolically, with the "renewing of the Holy Ghost" and also with "the washing of water by the word."

The true washing of regeneration is not a ceremony or ritual, but an eternal reality, "shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour" (Titus 3:6). It has nothing to do with "works of righteousness" (v.5), but only with "being justified by His grace" (v.7).

Now although regeneration by the Word through the Spirit, both symbolized by a cleansing bath in water, is entirely "according to His mercy," there must be thereafter a continual "washing of water by the word." Jesus said: "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. . . . If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:3,7).

The Word will first reveal our sins and then cleanse our sins through its gracious exhortations and promises. "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word" (Psalm 119:9). HMM
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
[size=13pt]True talk friend. . . . that's what the Christians always do . smiley[/size]
afiq:

Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by streetwize(m): 5:33am On Apr 04, 2010
The answer to this topic is very simple
There are two stages of christainity
1 Acceptance
2 Works

Acceptance depends on the presence of faith and invitation of christ to become our lord and saviour
Anything we do after this is our works
Jesus christ ordered us to do so many things after getting saved one of which is get baptised, are you guys telling me that if we do not do any of these deeds then we would go to hell? maybe if we do not go to church or preach the gospel or something??
Where is the logic in this??
The Bible clearly states
For by grace are ye saved THROUGH FAITH, and not of yourselves, it is the GIFT of GOD, not of works, lest any man should boast.
In other words God gives you salvation if you believe in him, that you get baptised does not add or subtract from your salvation.
Baptism is another commandment, law like tithe or preaching, you should do it, but it does not affect your salvation in any way. . .

noetic16:

Faith is exercised by obedience to JC . . ,  .JC commands that all who are saved MUST be baptised. . . , baptism is therefore an expression of faith.

you have made one very controversial point and one which is just arrant nonesense
controversial -  that christ commands all who are saved that they MUST be baptised
nonesense -  That the absence expression of a certain something negates its presence

Your argument here is firstly a fallacious slippery slope, because you argue without any conviction of sorts that obedience would neccessarily follow faith. . . Is this really true??
Secondly, could you not feel something without expressing it??

I love my mum
I could show her this by maybe washing the dishes
So if I do not wash the dishes. . . . then do you conclude that i do not love my mum??

This is a clear logical fallacy termed the confusion of cause and effect!!

Also, allow me to fool around with your statement a bit
you say:
JC commands that all who are saved MUST be baptised
you've basically said this

1 All those who are saved
2 Get baptised
Look at it this way

Tattoo artist gives rules in his shop
1 All those who get tattoos
2 Cover it with a nylon for a day

If when I get my tattoo I do not for some reason cover it. . . . . I have no tattoo?
Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by noetic16(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2010
streetwize:

The answer to this topic is very simple
There are two stages of christainity
1 Acceptance
2 Works

Acceptance depends on the presence of faith and invitation of christ to become our lord and saviour
Anything we do after this is our works
Jesus christ ordered us to do so many things after getting saved one of which is get baptised, are you guys telling me that if we do not do any of these deeds then we would go to hell? maybe if we do not go to church or preach the gospel or something??
Where is the logic in this??
The Bible clearly states
For by grace are ye saved THROUGH FAITH, and not of yourselves, it is the GIFT of GOD, not of works, lest any man should boast.
In other words God gives you salvation if you believe in him, that you get baptised does not add or subtract from your salvation.
Baptism is another commandment, law like tithe or preaching, you should do it, but it does not affect your salvation in any way. . .

in other words . . , ur salvation remains intact, even when u disobey God. . . . , can this be more ridiculous?

you have made one very controversial point and one which is just arrant nonesense
controversial -  that christ commands all who are saved that they MUST be baptised
nonesense -  That the absence expression of a certain something negates its presence
how EXACTLY does statement two constitute nonesense?

Your argument here is firstly a fallacious slippery slope, because you argue without any conviction of sorts that obedience would neccessarily follow faith. . . Is this really true??
Secondly, could you not feel something without expressing it??

I love my mum
I could show her this by maybe washing the dishes
So if I do not wash the dishes. . . . then do you conclude that i do not love my mum??

This is a clear logical fallacy termed the confusion of cause and effect!!

Can anything be more dumber
John 14:15 . . . , 15"If you love me, you will obey what I command.

Also, allow me to fool around with your statement a bit
you say:
JC commands that all who are saved MUST be baptised
you've basically said this

1 All those who are saved
2 Get baptised
Look at it this way

Tattoo artist gives rules in his shop
1 All those who get tattoos
2 Cover it with a nylon for a day

If when I get my tattoo I do not for some reason cover it. . . . . I have no tattoo?

Re: Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? by streetwize(m): 1:48pm On Apr 04, 2010
noetic16:

in other words . . , your salvation remains intact, even when u disobey God. . . . , can this be more ridiculous?
how EXACTLY does statement two constitute nonesense?

Can anything be more dumber
John 14:15 . . . , 15"If you love me, you will obey what I command.

God expects that we do certain things, like paying tithe and whatsoever. . . Just like your father expects you to obey him
Ask yourself. . . If I love my father I should obey him, does this mean that if I disobey my father, then he is no longer my father??. . this is common sense. . .
I hav already detailed how ur statement constitutes nonesense, with an analogy. . . revisiting it would be unnecessary

There are rewards for disobedience. . . As I said b4, I hav quoted what the bible says, wether you think what the bible says is ridiculous or not is your own cup of tea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

National Fasting And Prayer Day: Jonathan, Adeboye, Oyedepo, Others To Attend. / The Bible Disguised As The Quran To See How People React. / Ever Heard Of Atheistic Evolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.