Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape (97530 Views)

My Friend Is Being Sexually Harassed By Married Men At Her Work Place / Lady And Her Uncle Lodged In The Same Hotel. Sparks Debate / Sex In The Kitchen By Married Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by DWJOBScom(m): 12:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
Daeylar:

Can she really win?
Well till they get to court

She will cart home the trophy as well as records
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by FemiFimile: 12:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
Daeylar:

Can she really win?
Well till they get to court

I am not suporting rape but us men really dont do ourselves justice.
This senario is very unfair. Sex should not be used to get revenge becos u feel used and he wont marry u becos he already has a wife.
Sex is necessity of life and yes we can do without it but it is better to enjoy it.
That lady in my honest opinion want financial settlement, that is to say more money becos she clearly was hoping to get more out of the relationship.
Not every relationship leads to marriage and not every marriage last till death do us part.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by 400billionman: 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
Audray:
What'd you think? That he wanted to adopt you into the family?

No, she flew from PH to ABJ for deliverance service.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Daeylar(f): 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
DWJOBScom:

She will cart home the trophy as well as records

Well, till they get to court, let's see.

Just sounds like she made the whole thing up though.
But the man should better have sense, as soon as she said she won't have sex he should have sent her home and not tried to bribe her with shopping.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by ennyola8: 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
Female or male stylist and nail technician needed in a new salon at ebute meta. ..if interested call 08069608230[
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by mrsiso(m): 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
SlayQueenSlayer:

I am disappointed in you, poco. If it is possible for a man to rape his wife, then we shouldn't just dismiss her allegations like that. Do you know that consent can be withdrawn even when you're are about to cum? Now I don't know what you really stand for.

Correct, but the lady should have called the attention of the hotel authority to it and not going out to swim everyday. She enjoyed every bit of the escapade. possibly, she wants to exploit the guy through blackmail. If I was in her shoes, I do rather travel back by road than to be molested for flight ticket.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by donnaD(f): 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
lwkmd chai serious raping indeed.she enjoyed the rape and the guy enjoyed the rape chikinna.she wan chop osho free and clean mouth.U dated a guy online for only four months and u are so eager to travel that far just to have sex with him and u don't have the uncommon sence to have sum money with u even if it's ur tfare back,u foolishly went there empty handed and u cud not find out he was married tru out ur chatting period.I bet u were carried away by the shopping that is y u cud not leave.abeg let me hear word.sum ladies are so fucking dumb,she is so jobless that all she has to offer is her body.u are lucky u were not turned to suya or for ritual den in ur next life u will automatically have enough sense .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by RickandMorty: 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ladies, keep throwing the word rape around, until it looses it's meaning and people no longer take actual rape victims seriously.

stupid black subhumans, always abuse everything, always trying to overuse what little privilege you have.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by queenfav(f): 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
DWJOBScom:
She can still win the case and yes send the man to prison. grin

She will have to bear a lot of stigma as there's going to be a division on both sides(support for and against her plight)

It's simple
i. She can't leave the hotel room as the man holds the transportation back and remember she said she doesn't know anyone in ABUJA making it impossible for her to knock him off.
ii. She never knew the man was married and if she can provide an evidence where she kept asking , that will be taken.
iii. The man still loves and respects his marriage enough not tell his wife the truth of his location so she should sue and will definitely reveal a rogue husband and if she's for compensation should settle out of court.
iv. She said NO and that's the mute word and evidence from virginal injuries can be taken.

The truth remains that the man wasn't honest and the lady was clearly in love so i won't call her a prostitute as the popular chorus out there. I also think the lawyer is not competent or probably has his hands full
Bros i am a lawyer, though I just quit legal practice this month. I worked with a firm that is renowned in Criminal defence(My former boss got Al Mustapha his freedom upon appeal.. Google will reveal his name to you ). So you can imagine the legal exposure I got whilst working there.Asides that, my final year long essay was on the offence of rape so it's a legal issue i can authoritatively talk about.
She cannot win this case.Firstly, no where did she say the man locked her indoors or kept her against her will. She had free entry and exit so much that she wad going to the hotel poolside. If she was deeply convinced that she just suffered rape, what immediate steps did she take to leave the hotel? Did she go to a hospital? Rape case cannot survive on the mere allegation of "I told him no, yet he forced himself". The law and Courts do not give judgment based on emotions, you need evidence to verify the cold hard facts!Did she call for help? Her phone was with her, did she open up to a family member or anyone?Can she say nobody would have been able to give her fare back home?
I have handled a case where after the incident the guy opened the door and the lady ran out half naked, crying. That was how the guy wad apprehended.A good Samaritan took her to a General hospital and yes we won the case!Secondly,the fact that the man is married doesn't change anything. Most wives know their husbands are not faithful. Infact in most cases the wife would appear with the husband in court till judgement is delivered! Even if she decides to divorce him afterwards, do you imagine she would want her husband to go to jail? Thirdly there is no financial compensation for rape victims... The only justice you get is seeing the accused behind bars. Lastly, whatever evidence of vagina injuries she had has already been compromised due to lapse of time. A medical examination is recommended immediately after the incident, that way the doctor can get proof of semen, blood from the bruises caused by forced entry. You can't win a rape case without a valid medical report corroborating your case!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by mrsiso(m): 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2017
SlayQueenSlayer:

I am disappointed in you, poco. If it is possible for a man to rape his wife, then we shouldn't just dismiss her allegations like that. Do you know that consent can be withdrawn even when you're are about to cum? Now I don't know what you really stand for.

Correct, but the lady should have called the attention of the hotel authority to it and not going out to swim everyday. She enjoyed every bit of the escapade. possibly, she wants to exploit the guy through blackmail. If I was in her shoes, I do rather travel back by road than to be molested for flight ticket.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
Smile, the thinq dey sweet her sha..ignorance issa bastard
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Daeylar(f): 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
queenfav:

Bros i am a lawyer working with a firm that specializes in Criminal. Asides that my final year project was in rape so i extensively researched on it. She cannot win this case.Firstly, no where did she say she the man locked her indoors or kept her against her will. She had free enter and exit so much that she wad going to the hotel poolside. If she was deeply convinced that she just suffered rape, what immediate steps did she take to leave the hotel? Did she go to a hospital? Rape case cannot survive on the mere allegation of "I told him no, yet he forced himself". The law and Courts do not give judgment based on emotions, you need evidence to verify the cold hard facts!Did she call for help? Her phone was with her, did she open up to a family member or anyone. Can she say nobody would have been able to give her fare back home? Secondly,the fact that the man is married doesn't change anything. Most wives know their husbands are not faithful. Infact in most cases the wife would appear with the husband in court till judgement is delivered! Even if she decides to divorce him afterwards, do you imagine she would want her husband to go to jail? Thirdly there is no financial compensation for rape victims... The only justice you get is seeing the accused behind bars. Lastly, whatever evidence of vagina injuries she had has already been compromised due to lapse of time. A medical examination is recommended immediately after the incident, that way the doctor can get proof of semen, blood from the bruises caused by forced entry. You can't win a rape case without a valid medical report corroborating your case!
DWJOBScom
See this.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by DWJOBScom(m): 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
queenfav:

Bros i am a lawyer working with a firm that specializes in Criminal. Asides that my final year project was in rape so i extensively researched on it. She cannot win this case.Firstly, no where did she say she the man locked her indoors or kept her against her will. She had free enter and exit so much that she wad going to the hotel poolside. If she was deeply convinced that she just suffered rape, what immediate steps did she take to leave the hotel? Did she go to a hospital? Rape case cannot survive on the mere allegation of "I told him no, yet he forced himself". The law and Courts do not give judgment based on emotions, you need evidence to verify the cold hard facts!Did she call for help? Her phone was with her, did she open up to a family member or anyone. Can she say nobody would have been able to give her fare back home? Secondly,the fact that the man is married doesn't change anything. Most wives know their husbands are not faithful. Infact in most cases the wife would appear with the husband in court till judgement is delivered! Even if she decides to divorce him afterwards, do you imagine she would want her husband to go to jail? Thirdly there is no financial compensation for rape victims... The only justice you get is seeing the accused behind bars. Lastly, whatever evidence of vagina injuries she had has already been compromised due to lapse of time. A medical examination is recommended immediately after the incident, that way the doctor can get proof of semen, blood from the bruises caused by forced entry. You can't win a rape case without a valid medical report corroborating your case!

She will win the case

i may not be able to beautifully come up with an analysis as good as yours BUT i think she will win.
We must do something about rape and the girl child.

You forgot she wasn't aware HE was married
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by kokomilala(m): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
How does this constitute a rape? I'm not a lawyer,but if I was one on this case,I'll argue clearly that they had a pre-consent before they met. What's more? They had phone intimacy and other virtual erotical exchanges. In the hotel room,was it not possible that by undressing,she subtly sexually provoked the man? As long as she agreed to travel from PH to Abj, she had agreed in her hearts of hearts,her subconscious that they would have sex.
Any court of law if it's competent would throw out this case for want of merit.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by DWJOBScom(m): 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
Daeylar:

DWJOBScom
See this.

I saw it o and have replied! grin grin grin

thank you
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Angy55(f): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2017
donnaD:
lwkmd chai serious raping indeed.she enjoyed the rape and the guy enjoyed the rape chikinna.she wan chop osho free and clean mouth.U dated a guy online for only four months and u are so eager to travel that far just to have sex with him and u don't have the uncommon sence to have sum money with u even if it's ur tfare back,u foolishly went there empty handed and u cud not find out he was married tru out ur chatting period.I bet u were carried away by the shopping that is y u cud not leave.abeg let me hear word.sum ladies are so fucking dumb,she is so jobless that all she has to offer is her body.u are lucky u were not turned to suya or for ritual den in ur next life u will automatically have enough sense .

Abi oooo my sister, she should thank her God she got home alive.
She travelled to Abuja without a dime in her account I don't believe that line, Abuja to PH is 7000 naira if she was serious about leaving the hotel room she would have made some calls to source for her TP.

She enjoyed the whole show.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by bennynaza(m): 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
Yes, she was raped. And yes, she can sue him.
But if I am the judge at that court, I will throw out the case as fast as a bouncer throws out a guy who is dancing heavily in a club without buying drinks

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by HARDDON: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
Mehn!
What a twisted case.

1. Man was very cunning n Deceptive. Broke all her defenses by making sure they shared virtual intimacy b4 the deal... I almost gave him a pro status. Was very stupid, however, to lay his bleeding cards on the table.... If you gonno be a con man, be a very SLEEK con man! The idiat let his gaurd down the moment her feminine aura enveloped his thinking cap. Went singing like a peppered canery when he hadn't even dipped

2. Her greed brought her a sexy dose of naive. This lead to her not been clairvoyant enough to make alternate plans. How do you even do that when, with all your greed, your pocket is poor? Even if she didn't have tp back and she really wanted to get out, she would have made frantic calls to friends/family members for some cash... But no, she spent the night. GREED. Threw all caution to the winds and took a sexy wirlwind swing.

But

That does not take the fact away that he forced himself into her, however. There are gurls that no matter how terrible their runzing is, they don't do married men( so they claim. But we know better. )

Ehmmm, what was her plan actually? Enjoy his dough during the five days' vac while locking legs? Smh

FINAL ANALYSIS

Ladies learn to control greed. Guys learn to control jRod.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by ladyverere(f): 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
Rubbish! Sue who for which rape? She knew before she left Ph that she was going to have sex with that man. Despite the fact that she claimed to be angry with him for lying about his marital status, the next thing for her to do was to have left immediately. Imagine going to an unknown place to meet a complete stranger with no mad money in your purse wtf! I figured she has learnt her lesson the hard way.

And yes, if she'd been my client I'd have told her bluntly she doesn't stand a chance. You can't continue to live with your rapist day in and day out when you weren't restrained by him from leaving on your own. You even went shopping with him severally, had real fun and I bet you went home with a fat purse content with your hit and now you wanna cry wolf. Please!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by DWJOBScom(m): 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2017
Daeylar:

Well, till they get to court, let's see.

Just sounds like she made the whole thing up though.
But the man should better have sense, as soon as she said she won't have sex he should have sent her home and not tried to bribe her with shopping.

Well anything is possible these days abeg.
The lessons remains that before we hop into a plane to him we must make sure he answered all our questions o
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by donnaD(f): 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2017
Angy55:

Abi oooo my sister, she should thank her God she got home alive.
She travelled to Abuja without a dime in her account I don't believe that line, Abuja to PH is 7000 naira if she was serious about leaving the hotel room she would have made some calls to source for her TP.

She enjoyed the whole show.

don't mind the attention seeking girl.she was damn lucky that she was only raped and she cud swim in the hotel's pool.I just can't imagine what is wrong with sum ladies,they get easily carried away with thinking of the consequences of their actions.

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by chrischukszy01(m): 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
Drinokrane:
There was a heated argument on Facebook after unidentified Nigerian lady who was lodged in a hotel by a married man for 5 days and was going for shopping with him after multiple non-consensual sex, threatened to sue him for rape.

As shared by Facebook user, E. Onoriode,
He wrote;
Based on my yesterday post on rape, a girl inboxed me to know if she can sue a man for rape because according to her story, she didn’t consent to the sex.

Read our chat;
“She: “Good evening sir, pls, I read ur update abt rape and it got me so confused. I will like to knw if I can sue for rape if a man forced his way to have sex with me without my consent? ”

Me: “Yes, you can sue for rape if a man force his way on you without your consent”

She: “Thank u sir. Can I explain wht really happen to me so that u can advise me on how to go abt it?”

Me: “You’re free and I’m reading.”

Me: “Should in case I stopped replying you as we’re chatting, just know that I’m busy. I will attend to your messages once I’m less busy.”

She: “Ok. No problem sir”

She: “Abt four months ago, I met a guy on Facebook and we became close friends. He was a very nice guy to me all throughout the period of our online relationship”

Me: “…..he ‘WAS’ a very nice guy to you… That means he stopped being nice to during or after the relationship?”

She: “Hmmmm let me finish the story. You will understand what I mean.”

Me: “It’s ok. I’m reading”

She: “Somehow I and the guy started dating and exchanging nude pictures and we also had phone intimacy on several occasions. The guy is based in Abuja while am based in PH.”

She: “One day, he invited me to see him at Abuja where he’s based, that’s after about four months of our online relationship. He paid for my flight ticket frm PH to Abuja.”

Me: “Wow! This is getting interesting. Before you left PH for Abuja, was there any agreement between the two of you?”

She: “I don’t understand sir”

Me: ” I mean before you traveled to Abuja, did you guys discuss anything about sex or was the visit a mutual visit?”

She: “Yes, we do have phone intimacy and he always tell me how he will handle me if we see. Truth is that I know he wants to have sex with me that’s why he invited me to Abuja. And I do wish same too. But what happen was that when I got to Abuja, he lodged me in an hotel. I became worried because that’s not what we agreed before I left PH. I then asked him why he lodged me in an hotel instead of taking me to his house. That’s when I realized he’s a married man. I became so disappointed and angry. We quarried seriously that day for concealing his marital status to me. He begged me seriously to forgive him but I was too angry to look at his face. The whole love I have for him died immediately. Sir, I have not dated a married man in my life and I never wished to date one. But I was surprise he didn’t tell me he was married until that day.”

Me: “So all through the four months of your relationship with this man, you didn’t ask him of his relationship status?”

She: “I’ve asked him severally but he always ignore the question with various excuses that am too inquisitive”

Me: “So what happened in the hotel”

She : “That day at the hotel when I discovered he’s married, he told me he told his wife that he’s traveling to Lagos for five days seminar. That means he want to spend the five days with me in the hotel. I became more angry because if am in his wife shoes, I won’t be happy that another woman is spending time with my husband in an hotel room. So I told him to go back home to his wife but he refused that he had already paid for the hotel room for five days and he had packed his luggage’s to be with me for five days and that he can’t go home until after five days”

Me: ” I’m still here reading. Just continue.”

She : “Ok. So that night, after taking my bath, as I was applying cream on my body, he came to me that he want to have sex with me but I refused and we argued about it till mid night. When he realized I was serious, he respected my decision and went to bed angrily. The following day, he took me out for shopping to clam me down but I was still angry with him. In the evening, he told me he want to share the bathroom with me and I refused. He went to the bathroom and took his bath alone. After I had taken my own bath, immediately I stepped out of the bathroom, he grabbed me, and told me he will break my hand if I don’t allow him to have his way. I was so scared due to rge look in his eyes. His behavior was frightening so I allowed him have his way. As he was having sex with me, I kept begging him to stop but he refused. Truth is that, I didn’t consent to the sex but he forced his way and raped me. I bruised seriously in my vagina. I was crying when he was on me but he didn’t stop. That night, I wasn’t myself.”

Me: “So what action did you take after that incident? ”

She: “I couldn’t do anything because I don’t know anywhere in Abuja. Though, he apologized to me that night but he still repeated it again in the morning. And that was how he kept raping me till I left for PH”

Me: “So during this period where he was raping you, were you tied in the hotel room? Did you have access outside the hotel room? Why did you remain in the hotel with your rapist? Who did you inform in the hotel that you’re being raped by one of their customer? Who paid for your TF back to PH?”

She: “Am confused sir. Actually, I have access outside the hotel and I do go to the pool daily to swim and we go out to the supermarket on few occasions together to buy things. But why I remained in the hotel was because I don’t know anybody in Abuja and I don’t have TF to take me back to PH from Abuja”

Me: “I’d tell you the truth, as long as we are in Nigeria, you can file for rape if you so wish but if what you told me is what you’d tell your lawyer or Police, you won’t win the case. In fact, the Police and lawyers will laugh at you. This is because you claimed the man raped you yet, you remained with your rapist in the same hotel room for days for him to keep raping you. You can’t tell me that in that hotel, there’s nobody to complain to. Yet, you kept quiet and remained in the hotel with him even though you’re not tied or locked in the room. You have free access to and fro the hotel yet, you still went back to the room to meet your rapist. My advise is that you should learn from this incident because you don’t have a genuine case. That’s the painful truth”

Well, I had to leave other conversation to shorten the post. I asked for her permission to share and she gave me a go ahead. So friends, can this girl sue for rape?”

Read some of the responses below:

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/nigerian-lady-lodged-in-hotel-by.html

I doubt this gals side of story, from my comprehensiveness she is is one trying to rape the man! Al this slay queen roaming around looking for men to devour
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by mamachizzy(f): 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
rape ko, rape ni

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by ladyverere(f): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
DWJOBScom:

She will win the case

i may not be able to beautifully come up with an analysis as good as yours BUT i think she will win.
We must do something about rape and the girl child.

You forgot she wasn't aware HE was married

Quit being emotional. Sentiment and emotion don't win cases. Cold, hard evidence does. I am senior litigation lawyer in full private practice and I am telling you she does not stand a chance. She'd be laugh out of court!

Modified
The fact that he turned out to be a married man is irrelevant. The fact remains he was the person she went to meet and not some other person. She's lucky he didn't turn out to be one of those psychopathic perverts.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by djeezy(m): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2017
queenfav:
lol... These your cross examination questions will even be giving her time to think and explain. If she meets someone like me, my boss or any lawyer that had worked with him, after the cross-examination she would not hesitate to withdraw her case against the man. In my firm, we ask closed questions couched in a way that you would even unknowingly implicate yourself. She should not bother suing else she would be slaughtered in Court. Most lawyers have zero chill!
hahahahaha. Seriously her case is weak.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by Angy55(f): 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2017
donnaD:

don't mind the attention seeking girl.she was damn lucky that she was only raped and she cud swim in the hotel's pool.I just can't imagine what is wrong with sum ladies,they get easily carried away with thinking of the consequences of their actions.

Oh yeah..

1 Like

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by chiscodedon(m): 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
Not interested in the whole rape story, my only concern here now is many families are in trouble now in abuja, especially those wives that their husband told they were traveling to lagos for seminar, every man that said he traveled to lagos within this time is a suspect

God anything that would allow me to flirt with other ladies after marriage, never let me marry. These kind of men would find it difficult to even board there wives ABC transport bus � when traveling to such distance, check well, that idiot man hasn't taken the wife out for shopping for long
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by legitnow: 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2017
So women follow dey encourage married man to dey jump around abi?

This country is really in the gutter.

Dat man deserve the rape accusation, wat happen to his wife pussy, e break down?
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by mpowa(m): 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2017
DWJOBScom:

She will have to bear a lot of stigma as there's going to be a division on both sides(support for and against her plight)

It's simple
i. She can't leave the hotel room as the man holds the transportation back and remember she said she doesn't know anyone in ABUJA making it impossible for her to knock him off.
ii. She never knew the man was married and if she can provide an evidence where she kept asking , that will be taken.
iii. The man still loves and respects his marriage enough not tell his wife the truth of his location so she should sue and will definitely reveal a rogue husband and if she's for compensation should settle out of court.
iv. She said NO and that's the mute word and evidence from virginal injuries can be taken.

The truth remains that the man wasn't honest and the lady was clearly in love so i won't call her a prostitute as the popular chorus out there. I also think the lawyer is not competent or probably has his hands full
Hogwash! If she's truly a sincere girl who wants a proper relationship with an unmarried man, she will leave immediately or at least within the the first day the man didn't touch her.

It's all about what pain she was willing to bear, will she rather rally and find her way home, call anyone to help or will she stay with a married man whose obvious interest in her is just sex,

but she stayed, she went shopping, she went swimming, she received first round, no complain to anyone, second and more rounds, she did not cry out to anyone, she didn't leave, Ole!

Mind you they've been sending nude pics to themselves, so sexual tension had built very well - She wanted it, she wanted everything.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by legitnow: 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2017
mpowa:

Hogwash! If she's truly a sincere girl who wants a proper relationship with an unmarried man, she will leave immediately or at least within the the first day the man didn't touch her.

It's all about what pain she was willing to bear, will she rather rally and find her way home, call anyone to help or will she stay with a married man whose obvious interest in her is just sex,

but she stayed, she went shopping, she went swimming, she received first round, no complain to anyone, second and more rounds, she did not cry out to anyone, she didn't leave, Ole!

Mind you they've been sending nude pics to themselves, so sexual tension had built very well - She wanted it, she wanted everything.

Assumption is not jusification and let us forget hindsight.

She said no, and he should have discharge her straight away.

We must not always force action.

The lady in my life knows sex is not my weakness, if she want sef we go 1 year, na she beg.
Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by ladyverere(f): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
DWJOBScom:

It's simple

Your points cannot stand up in a court of law. Personally if a prosecutor raises such points in court, I'll slaughter him and the nominal complaint and then sue for defamation of my client's character.

First, she had access to egress out of that hotel plus there were people there she could easily report to. Second, she had access to her phone so nothing stopped her from contacting her family or friends to help her out with transport fare back home. She was not restrained from leaving.

Two, that he failed to tell her he was married is neither here nor there. It's totally irrelevant. Adultery is not a crime. There were two adults who both planned to have sex with each other.

Third, there is no financial compensation for rape cases and don't think the man will try to settle out of court on a mere threat of rape charges. You see, she must have an independent witness to corroborate her story, that is the law. The court will not convict an individual for rape on the uncorroborated testimony of the victim alone because such allegation can easily be made up. So an independent witness is a mandatory requirement. So she cannot just cry rape without such.

All in all she has no case.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Lodged In Hotel By Married Man For 5 Days Threatens To Sue Him For Rape by curvilicious: 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
rawpadgin:
[/b]A rape case between a guy & a girl[b]

JUDGE: man Collins, miss bola here claims on the 27 of July u forcefully had carnal knowledge with her. Are u guilty or nor guilty?

ACCUSED: my lord, i am not guilty but b4 i say anything i want her to pay for my bed sheets which she stained with her dirty shoes

ACCUSER: my lord, i didn't stained his bed sheets with my shoes o! I removed my shoes, my clothes & even my underwear b4 i climbed on top the bed where he raped me

JUDGE..............

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Someone Said I Look Like A Teenager, But I'm 27 - PHOTOS / What His Girlfriend Sent When He Asked For Nudes / My Neighbour Whose Husband Is Abroad Wants To Sleep With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.