Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? (12794 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / My Church Bazaar Is Business And For Money-making - Mbaka / Opinion: Is Bazaar In The House Of The Lord Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Ishilove: 10:28am On Dec 03, 2017
BlackAce31:
Another form of extortion in church. That's how u will plant 50k and harvest 2plates of takeaway rice and chicken with one chivita (thats if the church is considerate). Something u can get for 2k. Worse is that some churches after planting will still do watering. Nonsense. They should have added weeding, clearing and ridging. Shey is money dey want to make.

Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by hiilinx: 10:29am On Dec 03, 2017
Deuteronomy 14:22-26
bazzar is like paying tithe,
the cash recovered from the proceed are been used for church projects.
if i am not mistaken, roman chatholic church started this tithing of a thing which all this fake pastors use to extort there members just as fela musician said was around year 2000/2001.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Boyooosa(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Must everything be spiritual?!
Ah. I weak for these Nigerians always trying to claim spiritual realm simply because they're bornagains.

Bazaar is a totally voluntary thing. If you have the cash, wait and do it. And it's purely business. No one is telling you that you're doing it for God or that the windows of Heaven would be closed against you if you don't do it.
I have my doctrines vis a vis my background and experience in life. Av discussed so much about religion and av always ended up with some facts, real ones. So, with this reason, I always avoid religious discussion in the public because my mind is willing to know some certain things other people might not like to discuss openly and sincerely.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by BrutusOj(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2017
Seun take note, this was not how nairaland was far back in 2005 oo.. Now, it has become a tradition to see stupid posts on Sundays and Fridays. On Fridays, you see irrelevant islamic posts littered on front page, on Sundays u see stupid posts everywhere on front page. Who introduced this idea of Fridays and Sundays dedicated to Islamic and Christianity posts?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by fortuneobi(m): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2017
swiz123:
Now I believe the saying that an average Nigerian is a hypocrite. Pentecostal churches be like, Catholic do buying and selling in Church in form of bazzar which Christ was against.But they(pentecostal)themselves sell stickers,annointing oil, etc without realizing that it's still the same thing as buying selling which they condemned earlier
Both denomination sell anointing oil, stickers and others. So it's not just the pentecostals........
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Ladyjumong(f): 10:42am On Dec 03, 2017
GodsMopol:

bazaar is a form of raising fund, even though am not in support of it
am with you on that.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by otokx(m): 10:43am On Dec 03, 2017
They all are Nigeria format.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by mavinc4u(f): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2017
vivie01:

Bazaar and harvest have their roots in the bible but bazaar had long been eradicated by Orthodox churches, the set of denominations that are engaged in such (Pentecostals don't do bazaar) because its perceived to have been annulled with the coming of the new gospel.

It's seen as a way of buying and selling in the church which Jesus himself was against. He was against it because he chased those buying and selling out of the temple and said His father's house is a house of prayer and not a den of thieves. Matt 21:12-13

I am sorry dear but is like you read your bible upside down. Jesus did not chase them away because they were buying and selling but he did so because they were cheating people and also been dubious so he drove them away as a result of that.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by mavinc4u(f): 10:47am On Dec 03, 2017
hiilinx:
Deuteronomy 14:22-26
bazzar is like paying tithe,
the cash recovered from the proceed are been used for church projects.
if i am not mistaken, roman catholic church started this tithing of a thing which all this fake pastors use to extort there members just as fela musician said was around year 2000/2001.

Bazzar is not like a tithe but that is the real way of paying tithe. It has been done willingly and happily and not what we see today.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by smileyoo: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2017
religious doctrines are just human creations. and like any other human creation, none is perfect. {all these religiousity self don tire man pikin} i wish the world can really obey the golden rule of life, which is treating others as you 'll want them to treat you. the world would 've been a cool place to be, and there 'll be no need for all these trash called religions, because under the golden rule of life, we 'll take care of each other.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2017
Stop giving the little you have to men of God and their Gods.

Share what you can spare, with the poor around you that has genuine needs.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by bionixs: 11:09am On Dec 03, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
Thanksgiving is approved by scriptures. Harvest and bazaar is basically Thanksgiving and is purely voluntary
guys will shoot themselves in the leg on this thread . bazaar is voluntary while tithe is by force or scam Abi?
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Chevalier(m): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2017
NORSIYK:
Harvest is just like tithing, they were practiced in the old testament. Anybody that believes in Jesus shouldn't indulge himself or herself in such things.
Does that now mean it is wrong or a sin because it's in d old testament?
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by bestspoke: 11:13am On Dec 03, 2017
I wonder if foreigners do all these things...Harvest/Bazaar.

Think it has something to do with our culture here.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by GodsMopol: 11:27am On Dec 03, 2017
Ladyjumong:
am with you on that.

Yea, we need to realise we inherited some mistakes which we need to believe that some generation to come or ours will address them.

The way I see the church is as though we are evolving from the lost treasures due to the dark ages

Do you know what dark age is? sis
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Ladyjumong(f): 11:29am On Dec 03, 2017
GodsMopol:

Yea, we need to realise we inherited some mistakes which we need to believe that some generation to come or ours will address them.

The way I see the church is as though we are evolving from the lost treasures due to the dark ages

Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Ladyjumong(f): 11:30am On Dec 03, 2017
GodsMopol:

dark age mind enlightening me
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by IamtherealRita(f): 11:30am On Dec 03, 2017
TonyCizzy:
Yes!!!
Though "harvest" is approved by the scriptures... But is "Bazaar" biblical ??
Opinions please!!!

Did Jesus practice it

Did the Apostles practice it

If the answer is NO, as we all know, I don't practice it and I can not be deceive to practice it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There are so many funny things in the Church today

This topic is one of them. The Church today has been hijack I believe one day the people will come out it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 11:34am On Dec 03, 2017
bestspoke:
I wonder if foreigners do all these things...Harvest/Bazaar.

Think it has something to do with our culture here.
It's neither a Nigerian nor an African culture as u believe but it's also been practiced in foreign churches too nd here's a banner from one:

Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by obyrich(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2017
NORSIYK:
Harvest is just like tithing, they were practiced in the old testament. Anybody that believes in Jesus shouldn't indulge himself or herself in such things.
God bless you.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by NORSIYK(m): 11:46am On Dec 03, 2017
Chevalier:

Yes, because we aren't under the old law rather the new law.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by NORSIYK(m): 11:49am On Dec 03, 2017
Chevalier:

Let me ask you this question, is sacrificing a ram to God a sin?
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by talk2percy(m): 11:50am On Dec 03, 2017
Another means of raising funds by men of God.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2017
Growing up myself nd siblings always make it to d Catholic church's Bazaar near our home even though we were non Catholic @ d time but one thing I observed then was they bring everyone close especially d children not minding if they were members or not and even d poor nd needy gets warm reception.
D proceeds from d Bazaar I believe goes into d development of d church nd also to take care of d less privileged bcs I see them queue up to receive cash gifts nd relief materials d proceeding week.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Chevalier(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2017
NORSIYK:
Yes, because we aren't under the old law rather the new law.
Is tithe not under the old law?? And you can just make the issue of this old n new law clear to me
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Chevalier(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
NORSIYK:
Let me ask you this question, is sacrificing a ram to God a sin?
It's not a sin. People don't do it again because the blood of Jesus is sufficient for that.
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by Chevalier(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
BumbleBee2ice:
Growing up myself nd siblings always make it to d Catholic church's Bazaar near our home even though we were non Catholic @ d time but one thing I observed then was they bring everyone close especially d children not minding if they were members or not and even d poor nd needy gets warm reception.
D proceeds from d Bazaar I believe goes into d development of d church nd also to take care of d less privileged bcs I see them queue up to receive cash gifts nd relief materials d proceeding week.
God's Blessing fall on you
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by GodsMopol: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ladyjumong:
dark age mind enlightening me

Okay, the church today is quite different from the church we had back then due to the dark ages, though the love of many is waxing cold

The dark ages was a time when there was almost zero Christianity

If you practice Christianity, they will kill you, or do things that will make you wish you were never born again or a Christian

The dark ages was over when Catholic got hold of the throne of Rome

Christians were persecuted in Jerusalem, so Christians flee to Rome but even at that, the persecution was still high, you should know every disciple of Jesus died the death of martyrdom.

Things were not really easy as it were now.

Until, someone came up who supported the Christians came on board into power in Rome, then it was about 800 years of continuous persecution. There was nothing to say about Christianity, except some in Ethiopia. But the buttomline is, it went from Catholic, to a fraudy Catholic which thought heresies because an average man does not have the Bible, Catholics enslaved many, (God forgive their souls)

Some later came to argue that, every man need a right to a Bible, the reformers were the ones that translated the Bible, from Latin to English and the languages people could understand

Along the line, Anglican broke out, then other doctrinal churches broke out.

I really feel for the body of Christ when I go through this stories

www.nairaland.com/4008923/aftermath-dark-ages-quick-look
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by NORSIYK(m): 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
Chevalier:

It's not a sin.
People don't do it again because the blood of Jesus is sufficient for that.
Ok, we are following the footsteps and teachings of christ, there's no where written in the Bible that christ taught his followers to tithe and observe harvest
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
Chevalier:

God's Blessing fall on you
Amen u too my broda smiley
Re: What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? by NORSIYK(m): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
Chevalier:

Is tithe not under the old law??
And you can just make the issue of this old n new law clear to me
The old law was practiced during the time of Moses, and it was faulty that is why christ came with the new law, which is what we ought to practice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Warned About Explosives Intercepted Enroute Nigeria – Apostle Suleiman / Pastor Adeboye Calls For 1000 Prayer Volunteers To Pray For Nigeria, World / Is Masturbating With Images Of Your Spouse In Your Head A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.