Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe (1370 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by goodmanjustice: 7:53am On Dec 03, 2017
Warning!, this article is not for lazy people, it is way too long.
Testimony, I read it from start to finish.
Advice, read it with the greatest level of objectivity.

The Tithe is Illegal
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/TheTitheisIllegal.html

cc@ lalasticala, only if you'l do the needful.
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by Hiccups: 7:54am On Dec 03, 2017
shocked

There are more followers of Pastors today than followers of Christ. To these majority, only their pastors interpretation of the Bible matters, they're too weak, busy, lazy or perhaps scared to study the Bible and seek wisdom
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by GodsMopol: 8:50am On Dec 03, 2017
goodmanjustice:

The Tithe is Illegal

cc@ lalastala, only if you'l do the needful.

Stop this rubbish
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by goodmanjustice: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2017
GodsMopol:

Stop this rubbish
Did you use "this" as a demonstrative pronoun or adjective, put differently, what is the referent of your "this"?.
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by EmperorHarry: 9:22am On Dec 03, 2017
Hiccups:
shocked

There are more followers of Pastors today than followers of Christ. To these majority, only their pastors interpretation of the Bible matters, they're too weak, busy, lazy or perhaps scared to study the Bible and seek wisdom
First off the bible doesn't proffer wisdom only confusion hence the division in the Christian religon
2.You don't need to study the bible to know that most beliefs associated with Christianity is all lies and in a bid to keep the masses in ignorance cos once they become enlightened you lose control over them,and tithing is one of the greatest scams in Christianity
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by budaatum: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
EmperorHarry:

First off the bible doesn't proffer wisdom only confusion hence the division in the Christian religon
2.You don't need to study the bible to know that most beliefs associated with Christianity is all lies and in a bid to keep the masses in ignorance cos once they become enlightened you lose control over them,and tithing is one of the greatest scams in Christianity
Unfortunately, you, my good friend, are very wrong. I wonder if you have read Alice Through the Looking Glass? There is no doubt that Alice never fell down a hole, but as Humpty Dumpty said, "words still mean exactly what I say they mean, no more no less".

If you have read stories told where the tortoise and the hare speak, you would not claim they are untrue, despite knowing full well animals do not speak. I put it to you that it is what those stories teach that is true, and not whether tortoises and hare speak. It is the same with the bible. It teaches something that is true and beneficial to humankind, however, believing it is not the lesson. If you were honest, you would admit when you were a child, you believed as a child but as you grew you discarded childish beliefs. Your beliefs effectively evolved, and some beliefs you would have discarded. That is called growth, and that's what the bible helps you do.

Believe me, without religious texts, you would remain mere mud waiting to evolve into an ape and never to become a human being.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by EmperorHarry: 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
<html><head></head><body>
budaatum:

Unfortunately, you, my good friend, are very wrong. I wonder if you have read Alice Through the Looking Glass? There is no doubt that Alice never fell down a hole, but as Humpty Dumpty said, &quot;words still mean exactly what I say they mean, no more no less&quot;.

If you have read stories told where the tortoise and the hare speak, you would not claim they are untrue, despite knowing full well animals do not speak. I put it to you that it is what those stories teach that is true, and not whether tortoises and hare speak. It is the same with the bible. It teaches something that is true and beneficial to humankind, however, believing it is not the lesson. If you were honest, you would admit when you were a child, you believed as a child but as you grew you discarded childish beliefs. Your beliefs effectively evolved, and some beliefs you would have discarded. That is called growth, and that&#039;s what the bible helps you do.

Believe me, without religious texts, you would remain mere mud waiting to evolve into an ape and never to become a human being.
Kudos mhan for the unbiased way and really sensible way you replied,i applaud you for that
But truth is i am a very huge fan of the bible when it comes to it's values and positive things you can actually gain from it but the thing i don't concur with is the control the people who wrote it are trying to have over humanity, it's so controlling to the point that people who tried to challenge, enlighten humanity over the clear faults in the "Holy Book" where killed by the Christian leaders of the 18th or 19th century
It's like they were trying to stop movements that will spell doom for the control they have over humanity.
And also the last statement you made was really funny cos I'm pretty sure it's 10001℅false
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by budaatum: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
EmperorHarry:
<html><head></head><body>Kudos mhan for the unbiased way and really sensible way you replied,i applaud you for that
But truth is i am a very huge fan of the bible when it comes to it's values and positive things you can actually gain from it but the thing i don't concur with is the control the people who wrote it are trying to have over humanity, it's so controlling to the point that people who tried to challenge, enlighten humanity over the clear faults in the "Holy Book" where killed by the Christian leaders of the 18th or 19th century
It's like they were trying to stop movements that will spell doom for the control they have over humanity.
And also the last statement you made was really funny cos I'm pretty sure it's 10001℅false
The bible in its own right does not control anyone. If it could do that, Adam and Eve would never have eaten a fruit, nor would anyone go against the ten commandments or not love their fellow human being and their god.

People try to use it though, and there are copious chapters one could use, for the good or the bad. The temptation of Christ is a classic. The devil was quoting from the bible.

The art is to learn from it, and for that, its one of the best books. The works of Shakespeare or the Fables of Aesop may serve the same purpose, except the first isn't as clear as the bible, and the second is rather juvenile.
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by EmperorHarry: 8:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
budaatum:

The bible in its own right does not control anyone. If it could do that, Adam and Eve would never have eaten a fruit, nor would anyone go against the ten commandments or not love their fellow human being and their god.

People try to use it though, and there are copious one could use, for the good or the bad. The temptation of Christ is a classic. The devil was quoting from the bible.

The art is to learn from it, and for that, its one of the best books. The works of Shakespeare or the Fables of Aesop may serve the same purpose, except the first isn't as clear as the bible, and the second is rather juvenile.
1.The bible clearly wasn't in existence when Adam and eve ate the "fruit"..so that's not valid
2.No matter how well constructed a law is there would always be law breakers and given that the commandments are written in a BOOK! without any natural consequence except the theory that they will be judged by a supreme being we do not see...the more reason for law breakers to see it as irrelevant
3. I'm not sure there was a thing called bible at that time or if the word had been coined...so it's probably the scriptures or scrolls? Don't really know what it was called but the point is the temptation of Jesus was not really examined critically by me until this year when i realized he wasn't really tempted...like it's just giving more reasons for me to believe that the bible is just another book of literature cos it clearly stated in verse 1 that he was going to the wilderness to be tempted...like he knew he was gonna tempted..i don't think people see this tho or examine it critically amd constructively,You may not even know
4.The ultimate truth is the fact that this book can be used and twisted to benefit smart individuals who want to use the head of the ignorant ones
4.The art is to learn from it- I 100% agree with this,cos i think without it the balance between good and evil would not be...This is one the reasons i still espouse it
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by budaatum: 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
EmperorHarry:

1.The bible clearly wasn't in existence when Adam and eve ate the "fruit"..so that's not valid
2.No matter how well constructed a law is there would always be law breakers and given that the commandments are written in a BOOK! without any natural consequence except the theory that they will be judged by a supreme being we do not see...the more reason for law breakers to see it as irrelevant
3. I'm not sure there was a thing called bible at that time or if the word had been coined...so it's probably the scriptures or scrolls? Don't really know what it was called but the point is the temptation of Jesus was not really examined critically by me until this year when i realized he wasn't really tempted...like it's just giving more reasons for me to believe that the bible is just another book of literature cos it clearly stated in verse 1 that he was going to the wilderness to be tempted...like he knew he was gonna tempted..i don't think people see this tho or examine it critically amd constructively,You may not even know
4.The ultimate truth is the fact that this book can be used and twisted to benefit smart individuals who want to use the head of the ignorant ones
4.The art is to learn from it- I 100% agree with this,cos i think without it the balance between good and evil would not be...This is one the reasons i still espouse it
I use the word loosely. In Adam and Eve's (if there ever was such a) time, the bible was, "and of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat".

Yes people make, and break laws. I've written how I'd break the tax law if my money weren't spent wisely. And the consequence wouldn't stop me. But imagine a society without laws, one where we could take what each other had without recourse to the law upholders. Neither of us would be able to go earn our daily bread because we'd be watching out least the other crept in and stole what we had. I guess we'd eventually starve to death. Thankfully, if I rob your house, you can have me arrested.

I'm personally glad the book is not perfect and Jesus intentionally goes to be tempted, and you are pondering it. If it were perfect, on what would you be pondering and thereby exercising and developing your mind? One day you will come to inform me how far you got with your pondering, and please do. I sincerely want to know.

It can also be used to ensure one does not perish. For know, the evildoers sure as hell have read it, as is shown in the temptation.
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by goodmanjustice: 8:16am On Dec 04, 2017
budaatum:

I use the word loosely. In Adam and Eve's (if there ever was such a) time, the bible was, "and of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat".

Yes people make, and break laws. I've written how I'd break the tax law if my money weren't spent wisely. And the consequence wouldn't stop me. But imagine a society without laws, one where we could take what each other had without recourse to the law upholders. Neither of us would be able to go earn our daily bread because we'd be watching out least the other crept in and stole what we had. I guess we'd eventually starve to death. Thankfully, if I rob your house, you can have me arrested.

I'm personally glad the book is not perfect and Jesus intentionally goes to be tempted, and you are pondering it. If it were perfect, on what would you be pondering and thereby exercising and developing your mind? One day you will come to inform me how far you got with your pondering, and please do. I sincerely want to know.

It can also be used to ensure one does not perish. For know, the evildoers sure as hell have read it, as is shown in the temptation.

U guys are having a very healthy well-thought out argument, like real men.
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by EmperorHarry: 5:04pm On Dec 04, 2017
budaatum:

It can also be used to ensure one does not perish. For know, the evildoers sure as hell have reacs iown in the temptation.
1.The use of Adam and eve as reference should be discontinued at this point cos it hold no water...The fruit of goof and evil cannot be the bible and would never be...They are two very distant things with no relation whatsoever
2.The bible only supports the law but without it laws would have being...This is undeniable true...For example civilizations who didn't know the bible existed still had it's laws and if they were broken,the perpetrators were duly punished according to the law...The bible keeps humanity in check at a greater level,not just the bible tho the Quran and other religious books... So you can say it benefits law and order...
3. I'm pretty sure I'll keep pondering cos that's all we humans can ever do...The truths about our and the universe can never really be fully understood or found within it...all we can do is ponder
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by budaatum: 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
EmperorHarry:

1.The use of Adam and eve as reference should be discontinued at this point cos it hold no water...The fruit of goof and evil cannot be the bible and would never be...They are two very distant things with no relation whatsoever
2.The bible only supports the law but without it laws would have being...This is undeniable true...For example civilizations who didn't know the bible existed still had it's laws and if they were broken,the perpetrators were duly punished according to the law...The bible keeps humanity in check at a greater level,not just the bible tho the Quran and other religious books... So you can say it benefits law and order...
3. I'm pretty sure I'll keep pondering cos that's all we humans can ever do...The truths about our and the universe can never really be fully understood or found within it...all we can do is ponder
But it does hold water, to little children. It is however a tool of bad parenting (like the whip). So yes, lets get rid of it by educating parents to be better.

As I mentioned, I used 'bible' very loosely to mean ancient religious law, which I am claiming, every society had.

Please know that pondering (seeking), leads to a conclusion.

Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]" Gospel of Thomas
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by budaatum: 5:37pm On Dec 04, 2017
goodmanjustice:

U guys are having a very healthy well-thought out argument, like real men.
I blame EmperorHarry. He brings out the better me!
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by EmperorHarry: 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2017
budaatum:

But it does hold water, to little children. It is however a tool of bad parenting (like the whip). So yes, lets get rid of it by educating parents to be better.

As I mentioned, I used 'bible' very loosely to mean ancient religious law, which I am claiming, every society had.

Please know that pondering (seeking), leads to a conclusion.

Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]" Gospel of Thomas
Lol I'd take that as a compliment grin
Every conclusion is only a delusion that is created when certain requirements are met...There was a time when it was a general belief even considered as a fact that the earth was flat...this was a conclusion at that time cos it met certain requirements and provided very valid evidence until this conclusion was rubbished by the expansion in the knowledge of humanity...space travel is one of such expansions..So all i would say is that conclusion is only an illusion that is accepted when it's either beneficial or when there's no other valid reason due to the limit of the human knowledge in that time...For example if you keep walking in a dark room and you only know how to walk in a straight line,then you meet an obstruction,you conclude that you've reached the end of the room..but if someone who know how to move sideways and also in a straight line comes along and discovers that there's a way past the obstruction when he moves sideways and then forward,he then rubbishes the conclusion of the previous person and then keeps going until he meets another obstruction,then he concludes that he has reached the end of the room but may still keep in mind that he may not be correct cos of the previous person thought same but after moving sideways around the room and straight forward and he doesn't find a new way past the obstruction which could be a four conered wall..clearly there's no way past..so he concludes he has reached the end but with a little skeptism...This is considered as true until someone who knows how to move upwards comes along and so on...so therefore conclusion to me cannot be reached until human knowledge is equals to that of a god... That's when humans will use 100% of the brain capacity,which is almost impossible...So my good friend all we can do is ponder but the best thing to do is to accept the illusion that is beneficial to you and stick to it..cos all we ever get from pondering is more pondering which often leads to greater consequences such as the damages humans have caused on Earth
I'm not really good at writing.. I'm just trying to get a point across
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by budaatum: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2017
EmperorHarry:

So my good friend all we can do is ponder but the best thing to do is to accept the illusion that is beneficial to you and stick to it..cos all we ever get from pondering is more pondering which often leads to greater consequences such as the damages humans have caused on Earth
I'm not really good at writing.. I'm just trying to get a point across
Your writing is adequate. You can tell if it seems I get your point.

So, the the above. If I accept the illusion based on my ability to walk in a straight line that I had reached the end of the room, I think my path would be rather narrow.

I do not accept that pondering leads to damage. In fact, such thinking is based on biblical programming, that earth was a garden of Eden until Eve ate a fruit. It isn't true though, and in fact, the knowledge of good and evil made us into gods, albeit very small ones, for now.

In the modern world, knowledge has made us live longer, with fewer dying, and there is a lot more of us. Just imagine what Nigeria would be like if we knew less than we currently know, and then consider what it would be like when we learn much more. I put it to you that we will indeed become gods living in paradise, someday.
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by Oksman(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2017
goodmanjustice:

The Tithe is Illegal

cc@ lalasticala, only if you'l do the needful.

Modern Jews do not tithe
Jewish Rabbis today (those who should know the Mosaic Law better than pastors), do not collect tithes because they know only Levites can collect the tithe. Because the genealogical records were destroyed in the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD, they cannot determine true Levites. They use a patron system of so many dollars for each seat in their synagogues to raise funds for the maintenance of their synagogues. Of course, the more prominent seats command a higher price, but they do not tithe. Now isn’t that amazing? I wonder how many ministers can prove biological descent from Aaron? Remember, this is not the priesthood of Jesus Christ.
Well, I think we have covered enough ground on true Biblical tithing to show that what is pawned off today as the
"Biblical tithe" is not only unscriptural, it is outright deceit!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by EmperorHarry: 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2017
budaatum:

Your writing is adequate. You can tell if it seems I get your point.

So, the the above. If I accept the illusion based on my ability to walk in a straight line that I had reached the end of the room, I think my path would be rather narrow.

I do not accept that pondering leads to damage. In fact, such thinking is based on biblical programming, that earth was a garden of Eden until Eve ate a fruit. It isn't true though, and in fact, the knowledge of good and evil made us into gods, albeit very small ones, for now.

In the modern world, knowledge has made us live longer, with fewer dying, and there is a lot more of us. Just imagine what Nigeria would be like if we knew less than we currently know, and then consider what it would be like when we learn much more. I put it to you that we will indeed become gods living in paradise
In the modern world,pondering and a quest to understand the simplicities of life has done the greatest damage and little good...Now let's look at the universe with an unbiased mind,no God no evolution and anything that we think influenced it in anyway,now if we humans didn't ponder or could ponder but debunked the idea,we would have a world that equals paradise cos everything would be so balanced,but the point when something starts to alter the balance...Things start happening... I'll list some of them
1.The quest to know why everything exists brought about the God theory,which later evolved into religion and this brought about disagreement between humans due to their different religious beliefs, different doctrines and idealogys this led to religious wars and it's still happen today with the bombings,the tithe issues and all the shit we see on the religion page on NL,it also has a positive effect but on larger scale it's pretty much done more harm than good
2.The quest to improve the quality of living led to the inventions of so many things,which have good effects but on a larger scale it's altering the balance in the universe...Crude oil for example is one of the greatest hazards ever know to man,Fishes die due to oil spillage,the ozone layer is toast due to carbon emissions still gotten from crude oil,the Earth is being drilled constantly in order to get it and the consequence is still lurking in the shadows waiting for the time it would be unleashed,then humanity would be doomed etc...
3.The quest to be seen as purposeful and important,this is one of humanities greatest alteration of universal balance...This encompasses all other quests,the fact that we think ourself something greater than our own ordinariness was the greatest mistake,no seeing how well placed and symbiotic nature was,was the greatest mistake ever...The people who wrote the Bible clearly understood this and highlighted it using the story of Adam and eve...We thinking that we are better than the every other thing that exists is our greatest mistake, that for some reason we are chosen to be the most important part of the universe whether it's religious or non religious belief, it's all the same but truth is we are not more important than the dust in the air.. Without the dust in the air or the billons of cells that make up your body or the trees or the sun or the rain or the tinest ants to the biggest elephant,then the balance is altered and all of the universe would suffer for it,born or unborn, existent or non existent
Pondering and quest work hand in hand...with the former occuring first
You mentioned something about things getting better due to pondering...i refuse to accept that because like i said before pondering leads to more pondering, altering the balance of the universe leads to more altering cos the universe would always try to balance itself,so in the end it's like creating something that would lead to the creation of many other things as solution to the thing that was initially created and all we're doing is trying to buy ourselves more time,therefore trying to stall an inevitable end...The End of the World is the most recurring and universally accepted belief in the world
I do not know what it would have been like if the first generation of humans didn't ponder or try to understand the universe and alter it but I'm just from my own perspective and human knowledge I've acquired trying to create the best possible scenario
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 05, 2017
EmperorHarry:

The quest to be seen as purposeful and important,this is one of humanities greatest alteration of universal balance...This encompasses all other quests,the fact that we think ourself something greater than our own ordinariness was the greatest mistake,no seeing how well placed and symbiotic nature was,was the greatest mistake ever...The people who wrote the Bible clearly understood this and highlighted it using the story of Adam and eve...We thinking that we are better than the every other thing that exists is our greatest mistake, that for some reason we are chosen to be the most important part of the universe whether it's religious or non religious belief, it's all the same but truth is we are not more important than the dust in the air.. Without the dust in the air or the billons of cells that make up your body or the trees or the sun or the rain or the tinest ants to the biggest elephant,then the balance is altered and all of the universe would suffer for it,born or unborn, existent or non existent
I couldn't agree more.
Left for me, I'd say the world was made for fishes. How do you explain the fact that the earth is 71% aquatic? Last I checked we don't have gills. How about our Nitrogen infested atmosphere? These are some loop holes in our human supremacist ideologies. Sadly, nobody likes to be seen as nothing. We love thinking we're at the helm of affairs.

You mentioned something about things getting better due to pondering...i refuse to accept that because like i said before pondering leads to more pondering, altering the balance of the universe leads to more altering cos the universe would always try to balance itself, so in the end it's like creating something that would lead to the creation of many other things as solution to the thing that was initially created and all we're doing is trying to buy ourselves more time,therefore trying to stall an inevitable end...The End of the World is the most recurring belief in the world
This is where I beg to differ. You could easily be mistaken for a promoter of "ignorance". If I may ask, who taught humans how to think? (or ponder as you call it.) I guess we should blame our brains too or its configuration. In essence, I'm saying things would be worse if we pondered any less, we would very much have succumbed to our environment if we didn't.
You can ask the dinosaurs or the millions of animals that went into extinction before our existence.

Footnote:
I understand the reason for your stance but it's human nature, there's very little we can do to stop ourselves from asking questions. You're familiar with the hackneyed saying "curiosity killed the cat". Our universe is going to implode someday anyway. Like you said before, our actions are quite insignificant when you look at the big picture.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by EmperorHarry: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2017
Optimist1998:

I couldn't agree more.
Left for me, I'd say the world was made for fishes. How do you explain the fact that the earth is 71% aquatic? Last I checked we don't have gills. How about our Nitrogen infested atmosphere? These are some loop holes in our human supremacist ideologies. Sadly, nobody likes to be seen as nothing. We love thinking we're at the helm of affairs.

This is where I beg to differ. You could easily be mistaken for a promoter of "ignorance". If I may ask, who taught humans how to think? (or ponder as you call it.) I guess we should blame our brains too or its configuration. In essence, I'm saying things would be worse if we pondered any less, we would very much have succumbed to our environment if we didn't.
You can ask the dinosaurs or the millions of animals that went into extinction before our existence.

Footnote:
I understand the reason for your stance but it's human nature, there's very little we can do to stop ourselves from asking questions. You're familiar with the hackneyed saying "curiosity killed the cat". Our universe is going to implode someday anyway. Like you said before, our actions are quite insignificant when you look at the big picture.

Cheers.
Writing is not necessarily one of my strongest points so I'd agree that sometimes i can be misunderstood as you've mentioned
I never tried to rule out the fact that it's human nature to think and be curious...This is inborn trait that cannot be changed...My assumptions are only based on what ifs, there are two effects of being curious,the harmless effect and the harmful effect... I'd like to think it was harmless at first but with time it's become harmful and there's nothing we can do to reverse what has already being done
For example, the curiosity of the Europeans and "whites" led to the discovery of Africa and africans...it was a harmless curiosity at first but then the later effects were nothing to write home about...So I'm not saying it's wrong for humans to be curious or think,i mean this is something that's inevitable and dominant in all living things, I'm just saying that it's done more harm than good to the balance in the universe
Like i said before,pondering, thinking,being curious leads to the need to find answers which in turn leads to more answer searching and given the flaws in the human nature,things that started out as harmless has become the reason for the troubles in the world...i hope you understand what I'm trying to say
I've observed that you are acquainted with certain british slangs,and i think it's pretty rad and your writing is fantastic, I'd give you that wink
Cheers grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by budaatum: 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2017
EmperorHarry:

I do not know what it would have been like if the first generation of humans didn't ponder or try to understand the universe and alter it but I'm just from my own perspective and human knowledge I've acquired trying to create the best possible scenario
Well, I think the world is a better place just because you and I are here pondering. By the time we are done I would be better off for it. Or do you not see how you are positively affecting me? For one, you make me consider things I may not have seen cause to consider. I tell you for a fact that I am improved.

Now, consider the technology we are using for the conversation we are having. We wouldn't be able to do so without it and you would have had no influence on me whatsoever and I would not have not been improved by you. In fact, how dare you not see how you positively affect me!? Know ye not that ye are being godly? And is that not due to your personal development as a person? I put it to you that by now, some other two less developed individuals would have found reason to insult the other by now, but because of your personal advancement, you indulge me.

If human beings had not pondered existence, we would still be naked, living in caves and eating one another. Thunder and lightning would strike in the sky and we would sacrifice a few individuals to avert the wrought of our god. We'd probably have more children, but more would die if there weren't advancement in technology that now ensures more survive. Their would be famines because we couldn't move food around. Some would be enslaved to others and many would die because they know not what the heck they must do to live. And whatever time we do spend living will be brutal short and bleak if nothing else.

The earth was never a paradise as some would have us believe, and it is much better today than it has ever been in the past. We just have to continue to learn to be better in using the resources at our disposal, is what I think.
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by EmperorHarry: 7:26am On Dec 06, 2017
budaatum:

Well, I think the world is a better place just because you and I are here pondering. By the time we are done I would be better off for it. Or do you not see how you are positively affecting me? For one, you make me consider things I may not have seen cause to consider. I tell you for a fact that I am improved.

Now, consider the technology we are using for the conversation we are having. We wouldn't be able to do so without it and you would have had no influence on me whatsoever and I would not have not been improved by you. In fact, how dare you not see how you positively affect me!? Know ye not that ye are being godly? And is that not due to your personal development as a person? I put it to you that by now, some other two less developed individuals would have found reason to insult the other by now, but because of your personal advancement, you indulge me.

If human beings had not pondered existence, we would still be naked, living in caves and eating one another. Thunder and lightning would strike in the sky and we would sacrifice a few individuals to avert the wrought of our god. We'd probably have more children, but more would die if there weren't advancement in technology that now ensures more survive. Their would be famines because we couldn't move food around. Some would be enslaved to others and many would die because they know not what the heck they must do to live. And whatever time we do spend living will be brutal short and bleak if nothing else.

The earth was never a paradise as some would have us believe, and it is much better today than it has ever been in the past. We just have to continue to learn to be better in using the resources at our disposal, is what I think.

Thanks for the motivation and compliment...means a whole lot grin
The feeling is mutual... Somehow you have improved my overall knowledge, haven't had this much fun in a while but it would be best if we could continue this convo 1 on 1,but I'm not sure certain factors would allow that...
So in order to reduce the stress of writing and constructive thinking I'd put a stop to this by saying
Everything works together for the benefit of universal balance,we may not be able to change certain things or reverse the irreversible but i guess we can only try and enjoy this one chance at life,we may never come back and the era of humans just like dinosaurs would come to an end due to our own curiosity, funny thing is during the course of this convo I got a new idea that I'm currently still trying to figure out...What if the dinosaurs were just like humans,maybe they could talk,and somehow thought they were the most important part of the universe,and somehow started altering the balance and in the end just like the fate of humanity they were wiped out somehow, meteor or no meteor shower, it's just a thought experiment so it could a load of bs, everything that happens,to me is the universe balancing itself, the religious and the nonreligious,the people who die and the ones that are born,the natural disasters,the fact that people who believe opposite of the same thing just like me and you,the people who believe in tithes and the ones who feel and laugh at those people for believing in tithes,the people who die of certain diseases while others live,i could go on...at some point the universe is going to start again,heal itself and by that time there would nothing left of humanity except the traces that we existed to be studied by new species,it could be a continuous cycle with the universe experimenting until the best species emerge or the universe ceases to exist..i can only assume.I can't know what could happen beyond my human knowledge.
I don't know whether the universe is a god or whatever theory we humans have come up with...All i can do is enjoy the now knowing that the universe can take any actions and do anything to keep the balance, You hear stories of accidents but the thing is more than a hundred cars passed that same place but in that moment the universe balanced itself,a Lion that can't swim falls into water,drowns and dies, it's the universe balancing itself, we can only to prevent it, doesn't mean you can prevent the inevitable.You may not understand what I'm saying now but there's a greater logic behind my theories...I will not be able to share it cos of the volume and complexity, I don't like writing also
This is just a thought experiment and you can choose to discard or critically evaluate and come out with a much better theory, I'm totally open to any...
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by budaatum: 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2022
EmperorHarry:

In the modern world,pondering and a quest to understand the simplicities of life has done the greatest damage and little good...Now let's look at the universe with an unbiased mind,no God no evolution and anything that we think influenced it in anyway,now if we humans didn't ponder or could ponder but debunked the idea,we would have a world that equals paradise cos everything would be so balanced,but the point when something starts to alter the balance...Things start happening... I'll list some of them
1.The quest to know why everything exists brought about the God theory,which later evolved into religion and this brought about disagreement between humans due to their different religious beliefs, different doctrines and idealogys this led to religious wars and it's still happen today with the bombings,the tithe issues and all the shit we see on the religion page on NL,it also has a positive effect but on larger scale it's pretty much done more harm than good
2.The quest to improve the quality of living led to the inventions of so many things,which have good effects but on a larger scale it's altering the balance in the universe...Crude oil for example is one of the greatest hazards ever know to man,Fishes die due to oil spillage,the ozone layer is toast due to carbon emissions still gotten from crude oil,the Earth is being drilled constantly in order to get it and the consequence is still lurking in the shadows waiting for the time it would be unleashed,then humanity would be doomed etc...
3.The quest to be seen as purposeful and important,this is one of humanities greatest alteration of universal balance...This encompasses all other quests,the fact that we think ourself something greater than our own ordinariness was the greatest mistake,no seeing how well placed and symbiotic nature was,was the greatest mistake ever...The people who wrote the Bible clearly understood this and highlighted it using the story of Adam and eve...We thinking that we are better than the every other thing that exists is our greatest mistake, that for some reason we are chosen to be the most important part of the universe whether it's religious or non religious belief, it's all the same but truth is we are not more important than the dust in the air.. Without the dust in the air or the billons of cells that make up your body or the trees or the sun or the rain or the tinest ants to the biggest elephant,then the balance is altered and all of the universe would suffer for it,born or unborn, existent or non existent
You mentioned something about things getting better due to pondering...i refuse to accept that because like i said before pondering leads to more pondering, altering the balance of the universe leads to more altering cos the universe would always try to balance itself,so in the end it's like creating something that would lead to the creation of many other things as solution to the thing that was initially created and all we're doing is trying to buy ourselves more time,therefore trying to stall an inevitable end...The End of the World is the most recurring and universally accepted belief in the world
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by Dtruthspeaker: 6:34am On Sep 29, 2022
EmperorHarry:

Is it not Nature who punishes sinners (lawbreakers) with hardship, failures, sweats, dryness etc?

And is God still not Nature coming to judge those who are accused and the guilty punished?

Is it not in the end lawbreakers get their due punishment as you seek?
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:55am On Sep 29, 2022
Tithe is part of the Mosaic laws for the Israelites under the Old Covenant but it's not for Christians! undecided
Re: The Last Nail On The Coffin Of Tithe by OkCornel(m): 8:06am On Sep 29, 2022
Oksman:

Modern Jews do not tithe
Jewish Rabbis today (those who should know the Mosaic Law better than pastors), do not collect tithes because they know only Levites can collect the tithe. Because the genealogical records were destroyed in the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD, they cannot determine true Levites. They use a patron system of so many dollars for each seat in their synagogues to raise funds for the maintenance of their synagogues. Of course, the more prominent seats command a higher price, but they do not tithe. Now isn’t that amazing? I wonder how many ministers can prove biological descent from Aaron? Remember, this is not the priesthood of Jesus Christ.
Well, I think we have covered enough ground on true Biblical tithing to show that what is pawned off today as the
"Biblical tithe" is not only unscriptural, it is outright deceit!

One million likes for this.
What I find refreshing here is, the Rabbis do not twist scriptures to extort money under the guise of “tithing”

Also, they are open about the fact that money is needed to maintain the synagogues, and there’s a patronage system in place to ensure sufficient funds is pooled for that, without having to tell lies and twist the scriptures.

I hope sincere and intelligent clergymen can learn a thing or two from this, and quit the lies on monetary tithing.

Monetary tithing is simply fraud. God never requested for money as tithes. God never demanded tithes from gentile believers as a requirement before they’re blessed. There is not a single incident of gentile believers in the New Testament or early church history records that tithed.

Penterascal mammon loving churches, quit this tithing fraud and lie. You can’t serve God and money at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Moment Hijab-wearing Muslim Girl Is Bullied And Beaten In School Toilet / TB Joshua Warns Trump "Another One Is Coming, Starting From The Ending Of June." / Can I Do A Side Job As A Man Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.