Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,351 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292397 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rchilee: 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ambidextrause congratulations! This is good news. Congratulations to everyone who received ITA, those who did well in IELTS and those who received PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emafav: 7:20pm On Feb 23, 2018
CheekyGirl:
Hello House,

L - 8.5
R - 7.5
S - 8.0
W - 6.0

I'm in total shock about my Writing! shocked I didn't think I did too well in it, but I was expecting a Band 7 at least.

Would you advice me to apply for a re-mark or should I just register for another test?

Thanks.
Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People

Success is an iceberg. People can only see a small part (success) that is visible above the water line but they cannot see another big part (persistence, failure, sacrifice, disappointment, hard work and dedication) hidden beneath the water. Without a big part under the water, a small part on the water would never exist.

Congratulations!!! Thank God it ended in praise. smiley

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emafav: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
bestdiddy:
Hi Everyone
Got my IELTS Results today and I had an average band of 8 which I think is fairly okay
L-8.5, R-8.5, W-7.0, S- 7.5
I am a Chartered accountant who also has AAT. I have AAT and ACA but I am yet to do my induction for both due to my oversight and disregard this past years and the next Induction is till May
So straight to my question which I beg to be answered asap because I am yet to start off my application process
1. Is AAT recognised by WES?
2. Will WES recognise (accredit) my ICAN/ATS even without Induction?
3. When is the best time to start off my application and what do I use as my academic qualification (bachelors degree/ one or more degrees)
Please I need help urgently.
N.B: With one or more degrees, I have 471 but with just Bachelors degree I have 434 so I dont want my ICAN to waste
Will appreciate if I can be called on 09087247953. I promise to refund the callers credit as I am barely online to follow through this thread.
Please help me urgently!!!!!!!!!! God bless you

I need materials Biko help....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bestdiddy: 7:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
Used Youtube all through. E2Language with Jay was what i concentrated on. Started intensive reading a week to the exam and i feel that is why i didnt really do well so give yourself enough time to study and practise. Goodluck
emafav:
I need materials Biko help....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ambidextrause: 7:43pm On Feb 23, 2018
In fact, that was one of my points. I even attached a tweet from their official account confirming rates are locked at eAPR.
Guitarlife:
Congratulations to Ambidextrause but his case throws up quite a number of questions.
Earlier on this thread it was stated that indeed after AOR flunctuations in exchange rates would not affect your POF.
But this case proves otherwise.

Can we all weigh in on this ? Veterans ?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ambidextrause:
In fact, that was one of my points. I even attached a tweet from their official account confirming rates are locked at eAPR.

The second tweet is applicable in your case although the Case officer should have given you the chance to provide update POF.
The rate did change a lot during that period from about 220naira/1CAD to 290naira/1CAD

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2018
I'm speechless. Your persistence and belief paid off. Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats.
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

I got PUM today!!! And I wish to share my story as a testimony to God's glory and in the hopes that someone might be encouraged, inspired, and motivated. (This post may be a bit long. Sorry)

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Blackbuddy: 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

I got PUM today!!! And I wish to share my story as a testimony to God's glory and in the hopes that someone might be encouraged, inspired, and motivated. (This post may be a bit long. Sorry)

AOR was July 25, 2017

At first, my application was refused. And as I read the refusal letter with shivers down my spine, I figured the VO based his/her decision singularly on insufficient funds. I was beyond crestfallen. I could not even wish that on my enemy. It came on an afternoon and I thanked God I did not drive to work that day cos I would't know how I would have fared behind the wheels. More painful was the fact that the rejection/refusal came after 134 days of agonizing wait! I had been so expectant since I felt I had satisfied every requirement. Meanwhile, a spike in FOREX rates around early August 2017 had relegated my POF below the LICO by 330CAD. Can you imagine that?! undecided undecided

I bottled it up. Never opened my mouth to tell a soul. I did not want to share the heartbreak with my family and close friends who knew I was on this train. So I reached out to my e-friends on this platform, chief of whom are Blackbuddy, 40manlappy, and GlitteringStar for solace and advice. I felt the reason for refusal was flimsy -- they thought so too. I was going to appeal!

Big congratulations! What a way to enter the weekend, looking forward to your landing as the days ahead will be far greater in testimonies.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ssseun:
My people, I'm finally free from British Council. Thank God!!

4th IELTS

L- 8
R- 8.5
W- 7
S-7

Congratulations on your victory and that of those who scaled through. To my man DadR and all the others who didn't ace IELTS at this attempt, you know the spirit of course. Let's keep at this with diligence and in no time we shall overcome

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2018
Bimsebony:
Hello my E-family,

The bible says I should give thanks in every situation.

So I am grateful for my result.

L - 8.5
R - 9
S - 7.5
W - 6.5

I am trying not to feel low. I know I gave it my best shot. Well... I thank God.

I have been advised to apply for remark.

Just 0.5 marks. Please apply for a remark and while you are at it, you may want to register for the next possible date. I wish you the best in this endeavor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtush(f): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
emafav:
Hello House,

I need a recommendation. A good IELTS Tutor class in Lagos city and cost. Thanks

Since you want to pay. i full ground die

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by arbiee: 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
Wowww...congrats
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

AOR was July 25, 2017

At first, my application was refused. And as I read the refusal letter with shivers down my spine, I figured the VO based his/her decision singularly on insufficient funds. I was beyond crestfallen. I could not even wish that on my enemy. It came on an afternoon and I thanked God I did not drive to work that day cos I would't know how I would have fared behind the wheels. More painful was the fact that the rejection/refusal came after 134 days of agonizing wait! I had been so expectant since I felt I had satisfied every requirement. Meanwhile, a spike in FOREX rates around early August 2017 had relegated my POF below the LICO by 330CAD. Can you imagine that?! undecided undecided

I bottled it up. Never opened my mouth to tell a soul. I did not want to share the heartbreak with my family and close friends who knew I was on this train. So I reached out to my e-friends on this platform, chief of whom are Blackbuddy, 40manlappy, and GlitteringStar for solace and advice. I felt the reason for refusal was flimsy -- they thought so too. I was going to appeal!

Now, up until then, it's not been a common thing to see a refusal decision reversed. But my case was going to be different as I went to God in my unspeakable pain and disappointment. I cast all the burden on him with hope and faith. As advised, I sent the first email and raised a CSE showing that I indeed satisfied the POF requirement, with updated POF attached. After 3 days, my appeal was rejected. It was so devastating but I kept my cool. While me e-friends were following-up and asking for updates, I only told them IRCC were yet to respond. I kept praying. One week passed. Two weeks. Nothing. So, I sent another email, trying to make them see my point. I was begging for mercy, as advised. Failed again.

I had given up, turning my sights on PNP as my CRS had dropped to 427 and no chance of having the draws smile on me. This was January this year. Then on one Sunday evening, Tosin, who also experienced same, reached out to me again, saying I couldn't just be quiet and be waiting or just give up. Then I heard a little voice saying I should try again. I sent another email on Monday but instead got a refund of my RPRF. Damn! I caught a cold that night. Managed to get home. Struggled through the week. Then God provoked me himself - a colleague of mine, who applied after me, got PPR. We congratulated him but I was very sad deep inside. Mine was coming, I shrugged. That night, I drafted another email - this time stating my utter displeasure and showing the unfairness in the refusal decision - and I sent it directly to the minister! I remember I said a silent prayer before clicking the send button: Lord, don't let this one return the way others did.

The next day, I saw a notification, my application had been reopened. I was asked to pay the 490CAD RPRF. I returned the money they had earlier rejected back to them. 3 days later, I got PPR! Now happening so fast I could barely remember the pains I had felt a month ago. I was overjoyed and broke the news to my family and friends - they did not know the underlying story, did not need to. The devil is a liar!!! grin grin grin

AOR to PPR = 184 days

I want to appreciate the selfless efforts of everyone on this platform. And to those of us expecting one thing or the other on this Canadian journey, God will make it all end in praise. Thank you all! God bless!!!

And Wura27 should be ready to add me to that WhatsApp group. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
Eilenora:
so guys pls i need advise here:

My scores:

L 7.5
R 8.0
W 6.5
S 8.5

HUBBY'S SCORES:

L: 7.0
R: 6.5
W: 7.0
S: 8.5

scores right now with these results: 415, with me being principal applicant. with Hubby being the applicant its 401.

I have read that usually remarks are not more than .5 marks higher right. So if I request for a re-mark, and my scores change to 7 in writing, our score increases to 422, using hubby's current result.

I am thinking that I ask for a remark while hubby takes the exam again, so he scores higher, while my writing is hopefully bumped to 7. invariably, we score a much higher mark. The other alternative is for both of us to re-write the exam. Another fear is what if they mark downwards instead of upwards as I am hoping? Does that ever happen?

I have also read that during the period of remark which is about 8weeks, you are not allowed to use the results. this means that we cant even get into the pool till the remarking is completed. any chances of d draws dropping to 415 in 2 months? Apparently last year it dropped to 413-415 around May...

What do you guys think? Trying to weigh all my options

I do not think you need to worry too much about your hubby's scores if he doesn't have a masters degree too. Rewrite the test and aim at improving on not just your writing but also listening. If you are able to hit an 8777, I believe your CRS would be good enough to earn you an ITA. I wish you the best in your next attempt.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ambidextrause: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
You are correct. That's another point I also hammered on when I elaborated the unfairness . I was not even asked to present an updated POF while others got the opportunity to. Thank God for His mercies.

Guitarlife:

The second tweet is applicable in your case although the Case officer should have given you the chance to provide update POF.
The rate did change a lot during that period from about 220naira/1CAD to 290naira/1CAD

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Osaze007: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Now I know what messed me up in my writing
It’s structure
Please who can help with task 1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
tozabes:
Abeg make una helep me thank God o...my IELTS result below

L. 9.0
R. 9.0
W. 7.5
S. 7.5

Feeling blessed...abeg WES and UNN be fast so i can dive into the pool

Congrats on this major success

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

AOR was July 25, 2017

Now, up until then, it's not been a common thing to see a refusal decision reversed. But my case was going to be different as I went to God in my unspeakable pain and disappointment. I cast all the burden on him with hope and faith. As advised, I sent the first email and raised a CSE showing that I indeed satisfied the POF requirement, with updated POF attached. After 3 days, my appeal was rejected. It was so devastating but I kept my cool. While me e-friends were following-up and asking for updates, I only told them IRCC were yet to respond. I kept praying. One week passed. Two weeks. Nothing. So, I sent another email, trying to make them see my point. I was begging for mercy, as advised. Failed again.

I had given up, turning my sights on PNP as my CRS had dropped to 427 and no chance of having the draws smile on me. This was January this year. Then on one Sunday evening, Tosin, who also experienced same, reached out to me again, saying I couldn't just be quiet and be waiting or just give up. Then I heard a little voice saying I should try again. I sent another email on Monday but instead got a refund of my RPRF. Damn! I caught a cold that night. Managed to get home. Struggled through the week. Then God provoked me himself - a colleague of mine, who applied after me, got PPR. We congratulated him but I was very sad deep inside. Mine was coming, I shrugged. That night, I drafted another email - this time stating my utter displeasure and showing the unfairness in the refusal decision - and I sent it directly to the minister! I remember I said a silent prayer before clicking the send button: Lord, don't let this one return the way others did.

The next day, I saw a notification, my application had been reopened. I was asked to pay the 490CAD RPRF. I returned the money they had earlier rejected back to them. 3 days later, I got PPR! Now happening so fast I could barely remember the pains I had felt a month ago. I was overjoyed and broke the news to my family and friends - they did not know the underlying story, did not need to. The devil is a liar!!! grin grin grin

AOR to PPR = 184 days

I want to appreciate the selfless efforts of everyone on this platform. And to those of us expecting one thing or the other on this Canadian journey, God will make it all end in praise. Thank you all! God bless!!!

And Wura27 should be ready to add me to that WhatsApp group. grin grin grin grin

wow I am speechless.indeed our God is still in the business of performing miracles.congrats wishing u all the best.how many days or weeks did it take u to get PUM after sending your passport to accra

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
Congratulations bro!!! Your case is truly rare.

Ambidextrause:
You are correct. That's another point I also hammered on when I elaborated the unfairness . I was not even asked to present an updated POF while others got the opportunity to. Thank God for His mercies.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
Thanks...yes o

Sadly my crs is very low o as I don dey old...408...but with hubby maxing his ielts in March it will climb to 428 so I remain hopeful

sunvick:
congrats!!! The BC you met before you shall see no more!!!

Whats your score now?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
Haba no o...I'm sure there are many silent readers here with even better scores...thanks

nat138:

Ha na only you waka come? grin, major congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 8:50pm On Feb 23, 2018
Thanks mate

McNoelle:
Congratulations mate.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Elixir123: 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
Huge congrats to you @Ambidextrause!Thank you for sharing, following your gut instincts and even rejoicing with others.We shall all share our success stories soon.
@BC matter ,congrats to those who aced their exams and for those convinced that they got less than they deserve,please request for a remark.Good thing the MOD IDP folks are stepping up their game too...
God be with us all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 8:53pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

AOR was July 25, 2017

What a testimony! Prayers truly work wonders.
I rejoice with you. Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2018
Thanks man. No retreat, no surrender!

mcstan18:

Congratulations on your victory and that of those who scaled through. To my man DadR and all the others who didn't ace IELTS at this attempt, you know the spirit of course. Let's keep at this with diligence and in no time we shall overcome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2018
Thank you very much.

Based on the advice of most elders here, I studied with ieltsliz and jay. I watched most of their videos. Jay was especially helpful im my speaking as i applied his ppf rule in task 2. For writing, I followed all the tips from liz and practised a few topics for task 2
For listening I practised with official ielts listening test on YouTube
For reading I practised with Cambridge materials

pepe1:

Wow! congratulations to you.

Kindly tell us what you did differently, especially with the writing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Muslimity(m): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
Congratulations!!!! You a real man. God is the greatest.

Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

AOR was July 25, 2017

AOR to PPR = 184 days

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
pepe1:
Congrats to those who passed their ielts and God's favour to those seeking for a remark.

I learned that IDP MOD now have headset for the listening test.

They might just be a better alternative to this BC.

Anyone close to their office should confirm this piece of info and get us a feedback.

Giving up is not a part of this deal.

Good luck to everyone.

Can someone confirm the headset for listening please before I register.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Muslimity(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
tozabes:
Thank you very much.

Based on the advice of most elders here, I studied with ieltsliz and jay. I watched most of their videos. Jay was especially helpful im my speaking as i applied his ppf rule in task 2. For writing, I followed all the tips from liz and practised a few topics for task 2
For listening I practised with official ielts listening test on YouTube
For reading I practised with Cambridge materials

I need to buck up very well with my reading this time around because it is my greatest challenge.

Kindly help me and send the Cambridge materials (for Reading practice) to my email: muslimity@yahoo.com. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Vancouver4(f): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
I'm getting set for IELTS March 24th but the results I saw here today made me weak and demoralized. Like never before I got real scared.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dumsydsassy1: 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2018
Watch and learn from these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y_u4o5kp_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5oPF7QLgyo

Osaze007:
Now I know what messed me up in my writing
It’s structure
Please who can help with task 1

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.